Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu (12427 Views)

Dele Alake: Tinubu Showed The Calibre Of His Team / Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake / Dele Alake: Why Tinubu Has To Be The Most Careful Among Presidential Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Wwwq: 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
Really
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by judasiscariot24: 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2022
U said jealous of Jagabandit who does that naa..who kicks a man that is on the floor already.
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by garfield1: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

It's because you're ignorant of how parliamentary government works that you think Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo acted as godfathers. It's exactly the false analogy Alake is making that I'm trying to correct.
Under parliamentary system, each party holds an internal election, comparable to primaries in presidential system, to elect the party leader and other officers of the party. Whoever emerges party leader, if his party wins majority seats in the House has the power and responsibility to form the government. It is the position Ahmadu Bello, Awolowo and Azikiwe held as party leader that gave them the power to put members of their party in government positions that they have control over.
It is different from the concept of godfather we have now, where someone sits somewhere and allocates positions to people without having any statutory powers from our laws to do so.
Instead, they make use of instruments of coercion, persuasion and cajolement to install their puppets so they can retain control over the affairs of a state or an office they statutorily have no business controlling.
I hope you can see the difference.
Your claim is like saying Boris Johnson is godfather to Rishi Sunak since he appointed him secretary in his govt. That's false. He was only carrying out his statutory function as party leader.

No need for all this blabbing and thrash.bello could have been the prime minister but handpicked balewa.it is not about parliamentary system,it is about godfatherism.it is like saying sanwoolu became governor because of we operate a federal system.no,he became governor because tinubu made him.stop twisting common facts.how do you reason? Could tafawa and ajintola emerge without their principal consenting? No,impossible.they owe their rise to their masters.the only thing you can say is that they were passive and not as overbearing as the godfathers of nowadays but they were godfathers.a godfather is one who sponsors,nominated or pushes someone to acquire political power and this is what happened.
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by MacWin155(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
anonymous1759:

Stop lying please I’ve not heard anyone come out to praise Obi for his generosity. He’s a Stingy man he’s not liberal. The company’s he has are dominated by ibos. I can’t support Someone who’s not liberal . Obi will end up like Buhari, installing his tribal men whether good or bad .

Tinubu is Liberal he has shown he can work with every tribe that’s the kind of person Nigeria needs at this time when we’re divided . Buhari failed not APC . It’s high time politicians stop hiding under Political party for their failures.

People in diaspora acknowledge the goodness of Peter Obi and you say he's not generous. He doesn't give money so frivolously or support baseless causes. If that's what makes him Stingy, then there's no hope for this country. He loves education and channels money crazily into that, but he doesn't give money to people who just want to use the government as their personal trust fund. He's empathetic and doesn't do projects for show. Peter Obi is human. He's not perfect, but he's the best right now.

Go and verify.

Tinubu is a placeholder for Kassim Shettima, a boko Haram apologetist and if that doesn't give you enough cause to worry, then I'm sorry about what kind of mindset you have. Tinubu isn't liberal, he places men into political positions because he uses them to hide his skeletons. Open your eyes and see the truth. Has Tinubu liberalness reach anyone related to you or you know??

PS: you should substantiate your claim that Peter Obi runs an ethnically biased company with receipts, and then I'll believe you.
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Tycyborg(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
KillSars:
Their Jealousy, their pain, nothing concern me...

As a youth, I'll rather vote a 150years oldie than vote 61years youth... grin grin

BAT 2023

Don't mind them... They call a sixty something years old man a youth? They said they want youth but why didn't they go for sowore because if they call obi a youth then they will call sowore a baby... They hate tinubu and apc they said the imo state govnor is a supreme court Governor but the same obi they are clamoring for also became governor through the same supreme court but they call never obi names because he is not from the yoruba party which is what they always call apc... They all started spreading fake news and photoshop pictures of tinubu and they are filled with hatred because they knew he is capable and we'll loved and can do wonders... So the best way is to defame him with different lies... The moment I know this is when they started spreading the picture of tinubu holding a cigarette in a plane and they called it weed... There are two quotes that came to my head... First one is " people hate what they can't conquer and afraid of what they don't understand" ... Second is "people will hate you more when they can't attain what you have"...
Funny people
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
garfield1:

No need for all this blabbing and thrash.bello could have been the prime minister but handpicked balewa.it is not about parliamentary system,it is about godfatherism.it is like saying sanwoolu became governor because of we operate a federal system.no,he became governor because tinubu made him.stop twisting common facts.how do you reason? Could tafawa and ajintola emerge without their principal consenting? No,impossible.they owe their rise to their masters.the only thing you can say is that they were passive and not as overbearing as the godfathers of nowadays but they were godfathers.a godfather is one who sponsors,nominated or pushes someone to acquire political power and this is what happened.
It's not blabbing. What I'm doing is curing your ignorance and you should be grateful.
Like I told you already, in parliamentary system, whoever is elected as party leader by the members is the one with the power to appoint others into position. Bello being party leader does not mean he must be PM. As of now, there are some in the Conservative Party in the UK who think Boris Johnson should remain party leader since he is still popular in the party.
It is different from presidential system where the members of a party elect a party chairman but the chairman does not become party leader. The party leader is the highest ranking elected executive who forms a government.
It will interest you to note that by virtue of presidential system, Tinubu is neither party leader nor chairman. Instead, he occupies a position alien to the spirit and nous of presidential system.
Check Oxford dictionary online, it defines godfather as a creation of Nigerian political system. Godfatherism is alien to democratic culture.

A term used primarily in Nigeria to refer to wealthy and powerful figures who exert political influence behind the scenes while often remaining out of the limelight. A classic ‘godfather’ will have earned their money through government contracts or access to the country’s oil wealth and will have used their largesse to establish a network through which they can influence political developments. A successful godfather, for example, will be able to shape not only who is nominated to contest elections but also who wins.

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780191828836.001.0001/acref-9780191828836-e-156
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by garfield1: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

It's not blabbing. What I'm doing is curing your ignorance and you should be grateful.
Like I told you already, in parliamentary system, whoever is elected as party leader by the members is the one with the power to appoint others into position. Bello being party leader does not mean he must be PM. As of now, there are some in the Conservative Party in the UK who think Boris Johnson should remain party leader since he is still popular in the party.
It is different from presidential system where the members of a party elect a party chairman but the chairman does not become party leader. The party leader is the highest ranking elected executive who forms a government.
It will interest you to note that by virtue of presidential system, Tinubu is neither party leader nor chairman. Instead, he occupies a position alien to the spirit and nous of presidential system.
Check Oxford dictionary online, it defines godfather as a creation of Nigerian political system. Godfatherism is alien to democratic culture.

https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780191828836.001.0001/acref-9780191828836-e-156

Oga,aso and bello were godfathers
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
garfield1:

Oga,aso and bello were godfathers
Ok. At least you know democracy is about checks and balances.
Awolowo could be removed as party leader and leader of opposition through a vote of no confidence on him by a majority of party members. As a matter of fact, he was suspended from the house via a rigged vote.
Same rule applies to Akintola, Bello and Azikiwe. They could be removed via a vote of no confidence just as it happened with Boris Johnson.
Can you tell me how a godfather like Tinubu is checked in the current system.
How can he be removed as godfather?
Which part of the political structure of Lagos State stands as a check to his influence and powers?
Tinubu is just like Adedibu of Oyo state then. There's no check on their powers and they operate outside the boundary of the legal structure of politics.
Awolowo, Bello and Azikiwe weren't like that!
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by garfield1: 12:18am On Aug 29, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Ok. At least you know democracy is about checks and balances.
Awolowo could be removed as party leader and leader of opposition through a vote of no confidence on him by a majority of party members. As a matter of fact, he was suspended from the house via a rigged vote.
Same rule applies to Akintola, Bello and Azikiwe. They could be removed via a vote of no confidence just as it happened with Boris Johnson.
Can you tell me how a godfather like Tinubu is checked in the current system.
How can he be removed as godfather?
Which part of the political structure of Lagos State stands as a check to his influence and powers?
Tinubu is just like Adedibu of Oyo state then. There's no check on their powers and they operate outside the boundary of the legal structure of politics.
Awolowo, Bello and Azikiwe weren't like that!

Oga,just like tinubu,their power and influence went beyond party leaders.they dominated their regions politically.till they died,they decided what and what happened in their regions.they had followers.even after awo was removed/suspended,he dominated the west politically till he died. It was very hard before you saw a politician in the west or north who didn't owe their rise or career or wasn't a follower of both men.even in 1979 to 1983 under the presidential system,awo founded a party which dominated the west.he remained the numero uno of the west till he died whether as party leader or not.so you see,it is not just about the parluamentary system.no one could win primaries in upn without his blessings
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Uchek(m): 2:24am On Aug 29, 2022
is IPOB pig? Are Igbo supporting BAT also IPOB pigs? Agabo brain will always beget agbado -level tweets.

Yoruba1stson:
Your salty tears dey sweet, i just like seeing ipob pigs crying, come 2023 you go gnash your teeth join after the worthless fool you are supporting don lule
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by IGoComotYaTeeth: 2:47am On Aug 29, 2022
KillSars:
Their Jealousy, their pain, nothing concern me...

As a youth, I'll rather vote a 150years oldie than vote 61years youth... grin grin

BAT 2023

Let me tell you something, my biological father is a herbalist(which I'm not proud of whatsoever). What he explained to me is that if Bola Tinubu becomes president, armed robbery and banditry will increase trumendously, he even pointed out that the armed robbers and terrorists will reach almost every household in Nigeria which is frightening to say the least and my father rarely predict things wrongly so believe me when i say this. You still have time to change your mind to vote a different candidate bro.
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:30am On Aug 29, 2022
garfield1:

Oga,just like tinubu,their power and influence went beyond party leaders.they dominated their regions politically.till they died,they decided what and what happened in their regions.they had followers.even after awo was removed/suspended,he dominated the west politically till he died. It was very hard before you saw a politician in the west or north who didn't owe their rise or career or wasn't a follower of both men.even in 1979 to 1983 under the presidential system,awo founded a party which dominated the west.he remained the numero uno of the west till he died whether as party leader or not.so you see,it is not just about the parluamentary system.no one could win primaries in upn without his blessings
We are still back to the Buhari example. We know a lot of governors in the North presently owe their positions to Buhari. Thus, is Buhari a godfather?
Building a party and winning elections with the party is all part of politics. But the difference in godfatherism is that they handpick people for positions, then also control them when they assume the position. Awolowo, Bello etc never controlled anyone they put in position. They did not go about controlling the resources of States their parties won especially in 1979 neither did they control the legislature of the states as a leverage to remove any erring governor.
Don't forget that by 1963, new parties were springing up in the three regions and they vied for and won seats too. Same with 1979. In fact Akintola broke away from Awo and started a new party. So if Awo was Akintola's godfather, how was he able to break and form his own party and win elections?
Being politically popular as Buhari is for example does not make one a godfather. I can say with all boldness that Tinubu is not as popular as you think he is in the SW. Go and check elections since 2007 in the West. He loses as well as he wins. But the difference is that where he wins, he starts to make effort to control the power of the states. That's what it is meant by godfather
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by anonymous1759(m): 8:06am On Aug 29, 2022
MacWin155:

People in diaspora acknowledge the goodness of Peter Obi and you say he's not generous. He doesn't give money so frivolously or support baseless causes. If that's what makes him Stingy, then there's no hope for this country. He loves education and channels money crazily into that, but he doesn't give money to people who just want to use the government as their personal trust fund. He's empathetic and doesn't do projects for show. Peter Obi is human. He's not perfect, but he's the best right now.

Go and verify.

Tinubu is a placeholder for Kassim Shettima, a boko Haram apologetist and if that doesn't give you enough cause to worry, then I'm sorry about what kind of mindset you have. Tinubu isn't liberal, he places men into political positions because he uses them to hide his skeletons. Open your eyes and see the truth. Has Tinubu liberalness reach anyone related to you or you know??

PS: you should substantiate your claim that Peter Obi runs an ethnically biased company with receipts, and then I'll believe you.

You want me to give you receipts have you shown me any of the bogus claims you’ve been making ?
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by garfield1: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

We are still back to the Buhari example. We know a lot of governors in the North presently owe their positions to Buhari. Thus, is Buhari a godfather?
Building a party and winning elections with the party is all part of politics. But the difference in godfatherism is that they handpick people for positions, then also control them when they assume the position. Awolowo, Bello etc never controlled anyone they put in position. They did not go about controlling the resources of States their parties won especially in 1979 neither did they control the legislature of the states as a leverage to remove any erring governor.
Don't forget that by 1963, new parties were springing up in the three regions and they vied for and won seats too. Same with 1979. In fact Akintola broke away from Awo and started a new party. So if Awo was Akintola's godfather, how was he able to break and form his own party and win elections?
Being politically popular as Buhari is for example does not make one a godfather. I can say with all boldness that Tinubu is not as popular as you think he is in the SW. Go and check elections since 2007 in the West. He loses as well as he wins. But the difference is that where he wins, he starts to make effort to control the power of the states. That's what it is meant by godfather

I know where your confusion is stemming from.you are looking at godfatherism from the Nigerian context which is highly negative.globally,godfatherism isn't totally a bad thing only that in our politics it is mostly bastardised and bad.in mexico,Carlos slim was a godfather to Vicente fox positively.awo,bello were good godfathers like in the western world.they handpicked,sponsored good materials and never controlled them unduely or negatively in office.godfatherism is not alien to democracy afterall not everyone have the funds or capacity to win elections on their own.some have the willingness but not capacity while others have the capacity and no interest hence godfatherism comes in just that in nigeria,it is abused like politics itself.politicians riding on buhari's popularity doesbt make him a godfather.does he sponsor el rufai and co,did he nominate or appoint them? So why bring in Buhari? Why confuse yourself in a bid to justify nothing? It is not a bad thing to concede to superior discourse...
I didnt say everyone in those regions owe their rise to awo and bello.I said most.infact,many of those smaller parties were formerly members of Ag,NPC and ncnc.these three were the dominant parties.even in 1979,the dominant party in the west was upn but that doesnt mean it was the only party...
Nobody is saying that tinubu was as popular as awo.everyone knows he is less popular.
Did they tell you that godfathers and godsons dont fall apart? Must they always remain together or you forget that theres a word like "former"? Was oshiomhole not a godfather to obaseki? Was akpabio not godfather to udom? Akume and ortom,inuwa and goje,amechi and odili,ibori and okowa? Your reasoning is funny.
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
garfield1:

I know where your confusion is stemming from.you are looking at godfatherism from the Nigerian context which is highly negative.globally,godfatherism isn't totally a bad thing only that in our politics it is mostly bastardised and bad.in mexico,Carlos slim was a godfather to Vicente fox positively.awo,bello were good godfathers like in the western world.they handpicked,sponsored good materials and never controlled them unduely or negatively in office.godfatherism is not alien to democracy afterall not everyone have the funds or capacity to win elections on their own.some have the willingness but not capacity while others have the capacity and no interest hence godfatherism comes in just that in nigeria,it is abused like politics itself.politicians riding on buhari's popularity doesbt make him a godfather.does he sponsor el rufai and co,did he nominate or appoint them? So why bring in Buhari? Why confuse yourself in a bid to justify nothing? It is not a bad thing to concede to superior discourse...
I didnt say everyone in those regions owe their rise to awo and bello.I said most.infact,many of those smaller parties were formerly members of Ag,NPC and ncnc.these three were the dominant parties.even in 1979,the dominant party in the west was upn but that doesnt mean it was the only party...
Nobody is saying that tinubu was as popular as awo.everyone knows he is less popular.
Did they tell you that godfathers and godsons dont fall apart? Must they always remain together or you forget that theres a word like "former"? Was oshiomhole not a godfather to obaseki? Was akpabio not godfather to udom? Akume and ortom,inuwa and goje,amechi and odili,ibori and okowa? Your reasoning is funny.
Godfatherism is a Nigerian thing. The culture is not popular globally. What is the business of Carlos Slim with Vicente Fox? Must you drop names just to sound smart? When did Vicente Fox tell you Carlos Slim is his godfather? When did Carlos Slim become a politician?
In a parliamentary system like I've been educating you, only parliamentary elections take place and the appointment into cabinet positions is at the discretion of the party leader. It does not make the system that of a godfather.
It's good you mentioned fund. Was Awolowo or Bello funding their respective parties all by themselves? Certainly not! The parties were funded through contributions from party members. So even in terms of funding, you cannot call Awo and Bello godfathers. No one goes around kissing their butts to move up. They appointed people based on seniority and party positions. For example, Akintola was the deputy leader of the AG. Before him was Arthur Prest and he was also Deputy Minister of the Western Region while he was in that position. He also lost that position to Akintola via an election and Awo was not reported to have been the godfather who ensured his removal etc.
So as you can see, the idea of godfatherism was alien to Nigeria's political culture then!!
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by garfield1: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2022
Agboriotejoye:
Godfatherism is a Nigerian thing. The culture is not popular globally. What is the business of Carlos Slim with Vicente Fox? Must you drop names just to sound smart? When did Vicente Fox tell you Carlos Slim is his godfather? When did Carlos Slim become a politician?
In a parliamentary system like I've been educating you, only parliamentary elections take place and the appointment into cabinet positions is at the discretion of the party leader. It does not make the system that of a godfather.
It's good you mentioned fund. Was Awolowo or Bello funding their respective parties all by themselves? Certainly not! The parties were funded through contributions from party members. So even in terms of funding, you cannot call Awo and Bello godfathers. No one goes around kissing their butts to move up. They appointed people based on seniority and party positions. For example, Akintola was the deputy leader of the AG. Before him was Arthur Prest and he was also Deputy Minister of the Western Region while he was in that position. He also lost that position to Akintola via an election and Awo was not reported to have been the godfather who ensured his removal etc.
So as you can see, the idea of godfatherism was alien to Nigeria's political culture then!

Oga,political godfatherism is a global thing just as the word godfatherism is.when I said funding,I meant both party and candidates not just every candidates but a favoured list.even tinubu is not the only one funding lagos APC although he is a major donor
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ajol.info/index.php/asr/article/view/23262/19942&ved=2ahUKEwjk0euVn-z5AhUEOXoKHaaPBLUQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw00v0jKJI1sJSr7b2f2kpT4
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2022
garfield1:

Oga,political godfatherism is a global thing just as the word godfatherism is.when I said funding,I meant both party and candidates not just every candidates but a favoured list.even tinubu is not the only one funding lagos APC although he is a major donor
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ajol.info/index.php/asr/article/view/23262/19942&ved=2ahUKEwjk0euVn-z5AhUEOXoKHaaPBLUQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw00v0jKJI1sJSr7b2f2kpT4

Political godfatherism is more prevalent in Nigeria than anywhere else. Even in Nigeria's political history, be it military or democracy, no one has ever held a part of the country for as long as Tinubu has done. It is a very pitiable testament to the political sophistication of Lagos state. Lagosians ought to be ashamed.

Tinubu is the financier of Lagos APC. No money is gotten or spent without his approval. He even sponsors some others in Lagos PDP and other parties to act as fifth columnist. That is how he has been able to hold the party by the strings. By being the man who pays the piper
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by garfield1: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Political godfatherism is more prevalent in Nigeria than anywhere else. Even in Nigeria's political history, be it military or democracy, no one has ever held a part of the country for as long as Tinubu has done. It is a very pitiable testament to the political sophistication of Lagos state. Lagosians ought to be ashamed.

Tinubu is the financier of Lagos APC. No money is gotten or spent without his approval. He even sponsors some others in Lagos PDP and other parties to act as fifth columnist. That is how he has been able to hold the party by the strings. By being the man who pays the piper

Oh you now agree that political godfatherism is prevalent here but also exists elsewhere? You are not in APC so what is your proof that tinubu is the only financier? Stop dreaming.the saraki family dominated kwara longer than tinubu did in lagos? Ibori has dominated delta as long as tinubu just like the three wise men in cross river.t.y danjuma completely owns kwara.Tinubu compared to these men is an angel.anyway,he will rule lagos till death
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:56am On Aug 30, 2022
garfield1:

Oh you now agree that political godfatherism is prevalent here but also exists elsewhere? You are not in APC so what is your proof that tinubu is the only financier? Stop dreaming.the saraki family dominated kwara longer than tinubu did in lagos? Ibori has dominated delta as long as tinubu just like the three wise men in cross river.t.y danjuma completely owns kwara.Tinubu compared to these men is an angel.anyway,he will rule lagos till death
Political godfatherism is a common thing in Nigeria's political space. In other climes, it happens more like an isolated event. It is not really a political culture anywhere else like it is in Nigeria.
Tinubu us the financier of Lagos APC. He was the financier of AC, ACN and now APC in Lagos. You can't mention two people in Lagos APC who have influence outside Tinubu. Yet the party has been in power since 1999. There are former ministers, senators, governors in the party but only one man owns the party. He's able to do it because he's tied the party to his apron strings using the machinery of money. Nothing more or less. And that's how godfatherism is. Go back and check the definition I copied from Oxford reference. Godfatherism usually entails financial muscle. They don't share the stage with anyone else and anyone who dares, collects sharply. Saraki dominance ended in 2019 so I don't know what you mean by they dominates Kwara more than Tinubu did Lagos. In fact, from 200-2003, Saraki lost control of Lagos to the then sitting gov Lawal.
Ibori was not a godfather for Delta while he was jailed. Where he was lucky was because Uduaghan is cousin was in charge. Okowa who took over from Uduaghan has decimated Ibori. I hope you're aware. Who are the three wise men in CR. Well, they don't seem to be in charge because the gov just defected to a strange party and he still keeps his seat. I dare Sanwo to try that and see the results.
TY Danjuma and Kwara, I suspect you're confusing Taraba. Danjuma is not a godfather in Taraba.
Anything can happen. Especially if he loses next year
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by garfield1: 7:47am On Aug 30, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Political godfatherism is a common thing in Nigeria's political space. In other climes, it happens more like an isolated event. It is not really a political culture anywhere else like it is in Nigeria.
Tinubu us the financier of Lagos APC. He was the financier of AC, ACN and now APC in Lagos. You can't mention two people in Lagos APC who have influence outside Tinubu. Yet the party has been in power since 1999. There are former ministers, senators, governors in the party but only one man owns the party. He's able to do it because he's tied the party to his apron strings using the machinery of money. Nothing more or less. And that's how godfatherism is. Go back and check the definition I copied from Oxford reference. Godfatherism usually entails financial muscle. They don't share the stage with anyone else and anyone who dares, collects sharply. Saraki dominance ended in 2019 so I don't know what you mean by they dominates Kwara more than Tinubu did Lagos. In fact, from 200-2003, Saraki lost control of Lagos to the then sitting gov Lawal.
Ibori was not a godfather for Delta while he was jailed. Where he was lucky was because Uduaghan is cousin was in charge. Okowa who took over from Uduaghan has decimated Ibori. I hope you're aware. Who are the three wise men in CR. Well, they don't seem to be in charge because the gov just defected to a strange party and he still keeps his seat. I dare Sanwo to try that and see the results.
TY Danjuma and Kwara, I suspect you're confusing Taraba. Danjuma is not a godfather in Taraba.
Anything can happen. Especially if he loses next year

Danjuma is a godfather.ensured the creation of taraba,installed the gov,name,danfulani,brought Darius and even singlehandedly imposed pdp candidate agbu kefas.infact,PDP had to wait till he returned before deciding....
Bukar Abba Ibrahim has been in charge in yobe from 1999.
Re: Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2022
garfield1:

Danjuma is a godfather.ensured the creation of taraba,installed the gov,name,danfulani,brought Darius and even singlehandedly imposed pdp candidate agbu kefas.infact,PDP had to wait till he returned before deciding....
Bukar Abba Ibrahim has been in charge in yobe from 1999.
Wait. What exactly is your point? Why are you mentioning godfathers upandan.
I've never heard of Danjuma looting the resources of Taraba state. If so, you can enlighten me. I've also never heard of any Taraba gov being his puppet like in Lagos or Kwara before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’m Happy Ojukwu Died As A Nigerian — Gowon / Extremely Bad Portions On Lagos-badagry Road (pictures) / APC Rakes In N315m From Anambra Governorship Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.