Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? (8250 Views)

3 Keys In Serving God Consistently / How To Know The Man Who Is Not Serving God Anywhere In The World / Serving God At Home Or In Church: Is There Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by dontai(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

At least Spiderman is not trying to force his rules down anyone's throat,lol
He's not threatening anyone with hell,slave your God is as useless as p in physics, lol.
Or psychology!
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by juniior(m): 10:38am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

At least Spiderman is not trying to force his rules down anyone's throat,lol
He's not threatening anyone with hell,slave your God is as useless as p in physics, lol.

Give me the name of the person trying to force his religious rules down your throat. I'll tell him to stop that nonsense. You don't force religion on anyone
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Iyatostrong(f): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=ihatebuhari post=116130619]i guess allah is useless

May God destroy allah [ Why are you putting curse on yourself dude? Learn to control your emotions. You ignore some posts sometimes. May God bless you. ]
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by truthCoder: 10:49am On Aug 28, 2022
juniior:

Thank you, now that's a very good question. Well I am a Christian (Meaning I am a follower of the teachings of Jesus Christ) Christian= Christ-like; to live life like Jesus did. I am not Jewish or Muslim that pray to God directly. That being said.

Why did I become a Christian, I heard a story of a Man born of a virgin, performed miracles, walked on water, healed the sick, brought the dead back to life etc. He also lived a descent kind and loving life. Hmmm, I love such a wonderful person. It's no wonder billions of people follow him today, so I decided to give it a try. It just so happens that anything I dearly need, when I go to Him (Jesus) He answers my prayers cheesy cheesy cheesy so I continue to live a good life just like He did and I continue to worship him. You tell me not to worship Him, will you give me anything I need if I stop worshipping him?

I have read the Bible thoroughly, the mistakes you deceptional atheist keep making is that you twist the old testament with the new testament. Laws given to the Jews... You twist is and say it's Christian.

Lastly God the Father is a supreme Being. He thinks on another level. You say oh he watched thousands die, but to him the flesh always expires, it's the soul that's eternal. It's the soul He's concerned about.

At the end of the day......many years from now, when you're in your dieing bed.....you will say to yourself "oh f*ck, I hope I am not wrong". Because the consequences of being wrong is eternal suffering, nothing like you've ever seen on earth.

Cheers!

I asked a simple question. You started the answer well but diverted into assumptions and made defensive conclusions that tainted your response with grave biases.

Let me ask again.

Why do you believe God and do not believe Superman when both are similar ?

They both have powers, they both save people and they both have stories being told about their wholesomeness.

In addition, no one has ever seen both in real life but there are stories of such encounters everywhere.

Finally, both are stories told to kids to make them feel the need for good behavior.

So tell.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by desiredhome: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2022
[[quote author=Iyatostrong post=116132302][/quote]/]

Religion......one of the reason Nigeria is backward/poor

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by NwekeUG(m): 10:57am On Aug 28, 2022
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Olumaeme: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2022
Because God does not exist

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Emperor88(m): 11:06am On Aug 28, 2022
ihatebuhari:
i guess allah is useless

May God destroy allah
They are both useless

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Emperor88(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2022
ZUBY77:
He doesn't need your services
For their church mind they think they are serving g*d by dancing and shouting every Sunday. Thre ones that have been serving what have they been doing better than the over half a billion atheist in China?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Matoyehmedia: 11:11am On Aug 28, 2022
Because I see no reason why I should not serve Him...
He's been too real to me....
He's a wonderful God
I will serve Him forever
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Matoyehmedia: 11:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Emperor88:

They are both useless
habbaaaaaa
Their followers makes them look somehow

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by ufotunang: 11:19am On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
Because he is useless, God is the most brutal fictional character you will ever come across, lol.

A god who wiped out his whole creation,a god who couldn't forgive his creation for the sin of Adam,a god who threaten you with hell if you don't love him.
A god who supports misogyny,and sexism.

1)Genocide, to start with..I hope that the statute of limitation does not apply in this case, since what this guy did was by far the largest mass murder of human beings ever, making Mao Zedong a microscopic second place.

2)Having his own son killed as a human sacrifice.Barbaric crime is a euphemism.
Directing his favorite people to commit genocide against their neighbors, including anything that has a breath (Little boys and girls, babies, pregnant women, young and old people, dogs, cats, goats, camels, cows, chicken, chinchillas, cockatoos, pet lizards etc, etc…) this guy then directs his buddies to also steal all of their earthly possessions, I mean, steal from the people they already massacred…wow!. I don’t know how to classify this one. Maybe we will have to find a new definition for the depth and breadth of this crime.

3)Inflicting fear and terrorizing his own children. Time frame: For 6000 years non-stop…so far!
Watching/witnessing the most heinous crimes all over the world at every moment of the day, 24/7/365/6000 and not reporting the crimes…with the aggravating circumstance that he is the one that can do something about it, in every single case (according with himself) and he passively chooses to do nothing.
Thousands more, so tell me why a normal person should serve that sort of god, he's even worse than the fictional devil.lol
...you are saying all of this to the Almighty God that created you

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by ufotunang: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2022
For me I serve God, I worship him , I honour and respect God Almighty, I go to church and worship him, I pray to God almighty God and I thank him for keeping me alive, protecting me and making me to progress in life and be successful..so Glory belongs all to God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Doncudox: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2022
There's a level to suffering you reach.

You will feel God no dey.

Seriously it's not easy to serve God.

I'm trying but guys e choke!

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by ufotunang: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2022
Basiljoe:
What are my excuses? Good old "Logic".

I mean if indeed there was some supernatural creature in the sky, watching over our actions, there would be hardly any natural disasters, crime, painful death, slavery would have been avoided, Ghenis khan would not have been able to murder millions and get away with it, same as Hitler, mao, Mussolini, king leopold, and more.
There wouldn't been an unequal distribution of wealth all over the world. Now considering the "Supernaturalness" of this "god" we should have eradicated AIDS, world poverty, world hunger, illiteracy, and even death but no all we get is a medival war mongering creature that only comes alive when it's time for tithes and offering and taking undue credit.

Religion is a tool used by the elites to keep man in a never ending loop of wishful thinking, superstitiousness, stupidity and docility in other not to upset the status-quo. It's like living close to the beach but bathing with spit.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. Free your mind.
...God predicted all this things..it's the sins people commits everyday is the one causing all this bad things happening in the world or earth...sins is from the devil for the devil comes to steal, to kill and to destroy...but God comes that you may have life and have life more abundantly... so it's the sins people are committing that is causing it..God warned people of committing sins and people should resist the devil and repent of his or her sins and be born again and give your life to Christ...but since many people do not want to obey God commandments and instructions and they still commit sins..then all this bad things will happen.... because the devil must use a sinner to go and kill some one, kidnap, money rituals, violence, inflict sickness on people and many other bad things...but if everybody repents and be born again all this bad things will not happen...the devil will not see anybody to use to do bad things
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Heterodox(m): 11:49am On Aug 28, 2022
What do you mean by serving God?
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Basiljoe: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2022
ufotunang:
...God predicted all this things..it's the sins people commits everyday is the one causing all this bad things happening in the world or earth...sins is from the devil for the devil comes to steal, to kill and to destroy...but God comes that you may have life and have life more abundantly... so it's the sins people are committing that is causing it..God warned people of committing sins and people should resist the devil and repent of his or her sins and be born again and give your life to Christ...but since many people do not want to obey God commandments and instructions and they still commit sins..then all this bad things will happen.... because the devil must use a sinner to go and kill some one, kidnap, money rituals, violence, inflict sickness on people and many other bad things...but if everybody repents and be born again all this bad things will not happen...the devil will not see anybody to use to do bad things

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Sirnapi(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2022
I am a Christian;but i put aside every excuse/situation that will make me not to serve God in spirit and truth.

Christianity is not for those that seek conveniences.
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Quicksilver14: 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2022
truthCoder:

Let me ask again.

Why do you believe God and do not believe Superman when both are similar ?

They both have powers, they both save people and they both have stories being told about their wholesomeness.

In addition, no one has ever seen both in real life but there are stories of such encounters everywhere.

Jesus did miracles in His name. Matt: 8:28.

No one has done any miracle in the name of Superman.
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by professore(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2022
Nwadu:
I don't think I am pure enough to even call his name...
But gradually I will get there...
You need understanding Sir. Better start calling him because it is in doing so that you will finally be connected to him and not by wandering away and keeping distance. May God bless you Sir.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by ufotunang: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
Basiljoe:

Still proves the point that your "god" is useless, by now, he should have defeated the devil.
So selfish are humans that they blame their own shortcomings on external creatures.
Sorry to burst your bubble, there's no god or devil.
...when God created the earth , the earth supposed to be paradise where they should not be bad things but the sins Adams and Eve committed in the garden of Eden made sin and bad things to happen in the earth by allowing the devil to deceive them in the garden of Eden...God can defeat the devil but God will not defeat the devil on earth for now..he will defeat the devil and bind the devil for life ..when the rapture happens...the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ... when God will take his people the born again people to heaven and those that sinned..the sinners and the devil will go to hell fire.. that is when the devil will be defeated....heaven will be paradise where there will be no sins and bad things..because by then the devil is defeated....and i know that you will not believe all what I am saying now to you....just read the book of Genesis and Revelation in the Bible... to have more information
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by desiredhome: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2022
ufotunang:
...when God created the earth , the earth supposed to be paradise where they should not be bad things but the sins Adams and Eve committed in the garden of Eden made sin and bad things to happen in the earth by allowing the devil to deceive them in the garden of Eden...God can defeat the devil but God will not defeat the devil on earth for now..he will defeat the devil and bind the devil for life ..when the rapture happens...the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ... when God will take his people the born again people to heaven and those that sinned..the sinners and the devil will go to hell fire.. that is when the devil will be defeated....heaven will be paradise where there will be no sins and bad things..because by then the devil is defeated....and i know that you will not believe all what I am saying now to you....just read the book of Genesis and Revelation in the Bible... to have more information
Your heaven is the good life you live here on earth through your good works and obedience to God's principle/laws....
Your hell is the suffering we encounter as the results of our disobedience/wicked ways.......
Chose ye this says whom to serve...........
There's a way to light and the way to darkness........
Your God is the nature that cannot be cheated........you do good you reap good you do evil you receive evil.....

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Basiljoe: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2022
ufotunang:

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by donbenie(m): 1:33pm On Aug 28, 2022
Religion is a SCAM..
There..
That's my excuse..

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by donbenie(m): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2022
ufotunang:
Tales by Moonlight.

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by donbenie(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
ihatebuhari:
i guess allah is useless

May God destroy allah
Lol..
Religion and delusions are inseparable..
So Allah is fake,but your own Sky Daddy is real? grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by ZUBY77(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
Emperor88:

For their church mind they think they are serving g*d by dancing and shouting every Sunday. Thre ones that have been serving what have they been doing better than the over half a billion atheist in China?

They are bunch of useless brains who think they are better than others because they don't go and shout with them in their Churches.
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by benjaminlawson(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2022
Anyone who refuse to serve God, we definitely serve lesser god, possibly made by human hand. I prayer it will not be too late for you to realise your doom without God.
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by liver123(m): 1:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
Because he is useless, God is the most brutal fictional character you will ever come across, lol.

A god who wiped out his whole creation,a god who couldn't forgive his creation for the sin of Adam,a god who threaten you with hell if you don't love him.
A god who supports misogyny,and sexism.

1)Genocide, to start with..I hope that the statute of limitation does not apply in this case, since what this guy did was by far the largest mass murder of human beings ever, making Mao Zedong a microscopic second place.

2)Having his own son killed as a human sacrifice.Barbaric crime is a euphemism.
Directing his favorite people to commit genocide against their neighbors, including anything that has a breath (Little boys and girls, babies, pregnant women, young and old people, dogs, cats, goats, camels, cows, chicken, chinchillas, cockatoos, pet lizards etc, etc…) this guy then directs his buddies to also steal all of their earthly possessions, I mean, steal from the people they already massacred…wow!. I don’t know how to classify this one. Maybe we will have to find a new definition for the depth and breadth of this crime.

3)Inflicting fear and terrorizing his own children. Time frame: For 6000 years non-stop…so far!
Watching/witnessing the most heinous crimes all over the world at every moment of the day, 24/7/365/6000 and not reporting the crimes…with the aggravating circumstance that he is the one that can do something about it, in every single case (according with himself) and he passively chooses to do nothing.
Thousands more, so tell me why a normal person should serve that sort of god, he's even worse than the fictional devil.lol
who is this Boko haram .
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Bmaster(m): 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
[b]I was serving God genuinely from my heart,until someone who I hold on high esteem when it comes to religion committed something,and that her act or acts makes my mind to wax cold.my zeal diminishes big time,but I never quitted,I only reduces the much anticipated zeal in me,but as time goes on,the church realizes my lukewarmness and gave me a dis fellowship letter.i was expected to come and beg for forgiveness through a letter or in person before the whole congregation,but I haven't done so since 2018 till today.
I am ready to take the bull by the horns, swallow my shame and beg so as to be re-united back into the kingdom,I know it's a difficult task as per SE but I will do it.
Now I am challenging God,since I am about to do a very difficult task,I expect you to do same for me,.
I have an infirmities from birth,cleanse me from those infirmities such that people who used to know me from birth will testify about your healing hands on me,if I don't turn back to you and worship you wholeheartedly,you then take away my life,or better still strike me with more painful infirmities than before.

It's a challenge,and a put you God to it,I can't continue unless my wish is first done.
Untill then...... [/b]
Re: What Are Your Excuses For Not Serving God Now? by Stevo35: 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
EKONGKING:
I am currently banging a Hot church going bitch and the way she screaming to god meant that i am in active service of serving jesus.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bible Study On Nairaland - The New Testament / Ozubulu Killing: Catholic Set Up Committee, Visit Victims At Hospital, Give N50k / Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.