Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. (38379 Views)

Fans Watch Football Match In Flood In Bayelsa (Video & Pictures) / Where Do You Prefer To Watch Football? / How Much Does It Cost To Watch Football at Viewing Centres In Your Hood? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by jikins(m): 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
MNDY:

The ball is on the legs in football. Maneuvering their way with their legs makes it complex and distinct from the other sports you mentioned.

Look at the post you first made did you put leg inside? My initial response still stands with the qualities you stated in the post I quoted which didn't include leg maneuvering which you just brought out of nowhere

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by AlphaTaikun: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2022
Originalsly:

Same way .... I can't believe there are still many that know almost everything about sports and verrrrry little about women except what lies between their legs and on their chest. Ask them the simplest question every man should know about a woman they would be throwingbout two lifelines to their mates... and still don't get an answer.
I like your anecdotes and use of sarcasm here... Lol.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by yomiuk: 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
Probz:

And listen, I’ll have you know that football at its most primordial indigenous core originated in China (no-be just whimsically-dainty dolls, char-siu, technology na Covid them don-originate, obv’s.). London just polished it up in a technically-official sense and Liverpool (the reds, not those pesky blues that arguably no self-respecting Scouser would openly-claim to stan, and I say that as someone who’s actually related to Victor Anicbebe and rightly-thinks he’s a dope player, because he himself is) added a bit of ose-Nsukka-lite heat to the pitch. Sturridge helped when he was in his L.F.C. prime.
Sound.
wink
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by yomiuk: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
yom2:
OK we also have northerners there too?
Yes. They also have their tribal differences here too.
But it is mostly, in a humorous way nowadays.
Unlike the Africans
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 30, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

grin
I agree. The Nigerian population is cash cow, a herd for multiplying income to the foreign pocket. Followers join the crowd, leaders find their own path. Op wants everybody to join the pack, he has problem with people having an independent mind.

I only get a crazy in international tournaments like world cups where Nigeria is participating.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by yom2(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
Vinnie2000:

Ogbeni, Football is the ONLY sport!

I watch Track and field, boxing, WWE, etc...But none compares to FOOTBALL.

Football is Special and Has too Much of Emotions involved.

Have you NOT seen Football Fans getting Depressed or Crying Sorrowfully because of a Loss? i.e. When Nigeria Lost to Cameroon in AFCON 2000.

Can you EVER see that in Athletics, Swimming, boxing

In 1950 FIFA World Cup, when Brazil lost @home soil to Uruguay, Some of their Fans jumped bridges and committed Suicide...

So Ogbeni, Football is no Ordinary Sport! It is a Game of Passion, Loyalty and Dedication! It exhols the Values of MEN.

Like the OP, I am Surprised When some Guys Hate it!
you.are entitled to ur own opinion.. Worthy of note is that football is more popular globally and its a team game .perhaps it has replaced d ancient sports of war

1 Like

Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Baldwretch: 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
shinealight:

You speak about the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth as if you’re talking about your pal with whom you sat to discuss football over a bottle of beer and suya yesterday! Indeed, may He forgive you for your pomposity and presumptousness!! undecided undecided
The guy was talking as if football was all that Man is on Earth to kick around and jest about……so he needed to be reminded that it’s not the purpose of his existence.
In fact, he would lose NOTHING if he spent his entire time on Earth without ever kicking the round leather ball even once…same goes for basketball, boxing, clubbing, womanising and all other pastimes men indulge in to amuse themselves!
Take time to reflect on the REAL PURPOSE of your existence, my friend….else you might fritter away the most important part of it and have to return Home inwardly empty and barren!! cool cool

There is no irreverence in my speech, dear friend. There is none. In fact, if there were, I would not say it. I asked forgiveness out of deep reverence, not out of ignorance. I know what I am saying and I stand by what I say.

God created everything to enjoy himself. We exist to please God but we don't always please God actively - or should I say directly. If someone accosts you and just tries to engage you in a conversation and says - look, shinealight, do you know what we would do forever and ever in Heaven? Then you ask, what? Then he goes on a long ramble about how everything in Heaven is all about God. He says forever and ever and ever, the angels, seraphs, the redeemed and others would sing praises and worship to the Almighty, day and night forever and forever. Would that look like he's irreverent? I don't think so. If he goes, we would be blaring flutes and wearing x, y, z robes while at it, would it be right? I don't think it would be right because we don't have details about how God wants us to worship him. The person would only be exaggerating, but would we call that a sin? I don't think so.

Now, depend on how you see things. I mean, is God actively in the affairs of human activities ? If yes, how? Does he carry out interventionist approach? Is he actively enjoying what he created? Why did he allow sin if he is Almighty and could prevent it no matter the human resolve involved? Would he punish some erring creatures for all eternity and does he actually delight as his creatures burn there forever?

Whether you believe the same or not, I personally believe God enjoys his creation and very much so. He can neither do wrong nor be accused of evils which his almighty hands permitted. He is neither under obligations to his creatures (even the finest and best of them, nor the worst of them). Everything, from the smallest to the greatest, isn't just for the divine glory but for the divine enjoyment as well. Now, sports, just like any other things is under divine purview and he actively delights to see the works of his hands cry, weep, moan, yes tears of blood over that round leather ball. It is not the sports per say but the actions of his creatures to these things, which makes them even more enjoyable to the divine, so the acts of sports itself is no sin.

You asked if he has reflected on the purpose of his life and then talked about enjoying the fullness of God's work in eternity - Heaven. The purpose of his life, like other living creatures, is the glory of God. The creator is not against his creatures enjoying the fullness of his work on earth because God enjoys the fullness of his work in Heaven and earth and he is pleased if we also the enjoy the fullness of his work in Heaven and on earth, so I didn't see the point of you saying ''... so that you can waste the years you have to spend on this Earth running around a field and kicking an inflated leather ball around? " Would God bar sportsman, enthusiasts and lovers from his kingdom because they chose to partake in sports?

My friend, you could have just told him that eternity is more important (which is still not necessary because you don't know his standing with GOD) far more important and should focus MORE on that instead of dismissing him for (asking what you call a frivolous question) being a sports lover and expressing surprise that someone - an educated Nigerian adult male in his late 30s or 40s is ignorant of what he should have been exposed to even if he's not a sports lover.

We are still on earth and cannot be rid of asking frivolous questions brother. You would probably do same before the day runs out and no one is supposed to criticize you for such.

Would it have been right to give the same response if someone says I don't believe that X, Y, Z didn't know that Pythagoras is Greek, or I just found out that adding garlic powder and onion stew to banga soup makes for a terrible constipation. I mean, these are earthly mundane things and are not wrong when we express shock that people are ignorant of them.

But when someone asks

How do I carry olosho in Iyana Ipaja or I don't believe that there are still people in Badagary who do not know that Augba Streets has plenty of whores; ehen your response would have been a perfect match for any of these. A fine, powerful response to OP's question at that, but not telling him that God would kick him out of Heaven because he finds it odd that a Nigerian male does not have interest in sports and asks questions to express the shock. I understand that the OP might be so engrossed in sports at the expense of his standing with GOD, but you should wait for him to fall completely - like a hunter waits for a prey so that he can fall for it - first.

May God forgive all of us.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by shinealight(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2022
Baldwretch:

There is no irreverence in my speech, dear friend. There is none. In fact, if there were, I would not say it. I asked forgiveness out of deep reverence, not out of ignorance. I know what I am saying and I stand by what I say.

God created everything to enjoy himself. We exist to please God but we don't always please God actively - or should I say directly. If someone accosts you and just tries to engage you in a conversation and says - look, shinealight, do you know what we would do forever and ever in Heaven? Then you ask, what? Then he goes on a long ramble about how everything in Heaven is all about God. He says forever and ever and ever, the angels, seraphs, the redeemed and others would sing praises and worship to the Almighty, day and night forever and forever. Would that look like he's irreverent? I don't think so. If he goes, we would be blaring flutes and wearing x, y, z robes while at it, would it be right? I don't think it would be right because we don't have details about how God wants us to worship him. The person would only be exaggerating, but would we call that a sin? I don't think so.

Now, depend on how you see things. I mean, is God actively in the affairs of human activities ? If yes, how? Does he carry out interventionist approach? Is he actively enjoying what he created? Why did he allow sin if he is Almighty and could prevent it no matter the human resolve involved? Would he punish some erring creatures for all eternity and does he actually delight as his creatures burn there forever?

Whether you believe the same or not, I personally believe God enjoys his creation and very much so. He can neither do wrong nor be accused of evils which his almighty hands permitted. He is neither under obligations to his creatures (even the finest and best of them, nor the worst of them). Everything, from the smallest to the greatest, isn't just for the divine glory but for the divine enjoyment as well. Now, sports, just like any other things is under divine purview and he actively delights to see the works of his hands cry, weep, moan, yes tears of blood over that round leather ball. It is not the sports per say but the actions of his creatures to these things, which makes them even more enjoyable to the divine, so the acts of sports itself is no sin.

You asked if he has reflected on the purpose of his life and then talked about enjoying the fullness of God's work in eternity - Heaven. The purpose of his life, like other living creatures, is the glory of God. The creator is not against his creatures enjoying the fullness of his work on earth because God enjoys the fullness of his work in Heaven and earth and he is pleased if we also the enjoy the fullness of his work in Heaven and on earth, so I didn't see the point of you saying ''... so that you can waste the years you have to spend on this Earth running around a field and kicking an inflated leather ball around? " Would God bar sportsman, enthusiasts and lovers from his kingdom because they chose to partake in sports?

My friend, you could have just told him that eternity is more important (which is still not necessary because you don't know his standing with GOD) far more important and should focus MORE on that instead of dismissing him for (asking what you call a frivolous question) being a sports lover and expressing surprise that someone - an educated Nigerian adult male in his late 30s or 40s is ignorant of what he should have been exposed to even if he's not a sports lover.

We are still on earth and cannot be rid of asking frivolous questions brother. You would probably do same before the day runs out and no one is supposed to criticize you for such.

Would it have been right to give the same response if someone says I don't believe that X, Y, Z didn't know that Pythagoras is Greek, or I just found out that adding garlic powder and onion stew to banga soup makes for a terrible constipation. I mean, these are earthly mundane things and are not wrong when we express shock that people are ignorant of them.

But when someone asks

How do I carry olosho in Iyana Ipaja or I don't believe that there are still people in Badagary who do not know that Augba Streets has plenty of whores; ehen your response would have been a perfect match for any of these. A fine, powerful response to OP's question at that, but not telling him that God would kick him out of Heaven because he finds it odd that a Nigerian male does not have interest in sports and asks questions to express the shock. I understand that the OP might be so engrossed in sports at the expense of his standing with GOD, but you should wait for him to fall completely - like a hunter waits for a prey so that he can fall for it - first.

May God forgive all of us.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
ashawopikin:
very embarrassing, I come dey shame for d guy

guy, are u from Abia or benin?
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by edoairways: 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Don't be a du nce. The question is cheap to you because you know it.
They might have studied him and the kind of life he lives i.e his passions, likes etc., before asking that question.

I watch football and I'm a Liverpool fan. Unlike before that I watch football every weekend, even weekdays, I watch football occasionally these days, sometimes once in months and na finals OR top matches involving my favorite club. I get things to do with those times, but that doesn't mean those that doesn't watch it are less man.

There is a question you will be asked that you can't answer that is cheap to another person.
mariahAngel: the bolded is absolutely correct.
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by Lianot: 8:46am On Apr 16, 2023
Wow, can you believe that there are still men out there who don't watch football? I mean, football is one of the most popular sports in the world, and it's hard to imagine that there are people who don't enjoy it. But hey, every person has different preferences in sports, and that's what makes the world of sports so diverse and exciting. For me, personally, I'm a big fan of badminton. It's a fast-paced and challenging sport that requires skill, strategy, and quick reflexes. And just like any other sport, playing badminton requires proper sports equipment. This includes a good quality badminton racket, shuttlecock, dress, and most importantly, a good pair of badminton shoes . Having the right pair of shoes is crucial when playing badminton. They provide the necessary support and cushioning to prevent injuries and allow you to move quickly and efficiently on the court. So, if you're a badminton enthusiast like me, make sure you invest in a good pair of badminton shoes to take your game to the next level!
Re: I Can't Believe There are Still Men Who Don't Watch Football. by MarksonCollins(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
Fred166:
Happy Sunday nairalanders.

I can't believe there are still men who don't watch football or know nothing about sports.

I was watching who wants to be a millionaire and this particular question was thrown to this guy.. I couldn't believe the guy didn't know the answer. Baba was totally confused and speechless. He even requested in using one of his lifeline options by calling a friend. Omo! I just dey laugh. And the answer is B. I have to capture the moment.

I can't do without watching sports especially football, boxing and wrestling. There's no question you will throw at me about football or other sport games that I won't give you an accurate answer. I know all football leagues competition round the world even Nigeria premier league I do follow up too.

Football is fun especially when you're arguing, teasing, defending, laughing, throwing banters at each other's club while drinking your cold beer.

Even here on nairaland when there's a live match update, I do visit the thread because I always enjoy the banter fans throw at each other.. It really fun.

Those of you that don't watch football or know nothing about sports.. Please how do you spend your weekends? How do you live your life? Is life not boring for you guys? Please I need to know.
you be mumu , na everybody go dey like you? Mumu man

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Unai Bustinza Of Tackling Lionel Messi (Photos) / Seedorf, Okocha, Davido, MI, Others Feature In UCL Novelty Match / Francis Ngannou Knocks Out Stipe Miocic To Become World Heavyweight Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.