Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin (21741 Views)

The Face Of The Lady Who Was Beheaded In Lagos Before Her Murder (Pics) / Abia State Univerisity Student Beheaded In Imo (Photos) / Kidnappers In Enugu Who Received N5Million On 85-Year-Old Woman Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by lalasticlala(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
An 85 year-old community leader in Arougba village, in Oredo local government area of Benin metropolis, Goodluck Uwumahongie, has been beheaded by unknown persons, over alleged land tussle.

Police sources confirmed that the killers left with the victim’s head.

The assailants were said to have shot late octogenarian before they chopped off his head.

He was said to have been alone at his in-law’s residence at Irhirhi village when the attackers struck.

It was gathered that the victim had fled to Irhirhi, following the crisis that trailed the alleged land tussle at Aruogba, where many houses were burnt and three persons killed.

Fifty-five year-old widow of the victim, Julie, said she received the news of the murder of her husband at about 5:30am

She confirmed that her husband’s death was not unconnected with the crisis surrounding the community land.

“One Osamwonyi has earlier threatened to kill my husband before the crisis. After we ran away from the village during the crisis to seek refuge at my father’s village at Irhirhi, Osamwonyi saw him here and said he would still kill him.”

“I was called that my husband was killed brutally. He was killed because of land tussle. They have been fighting over the community land. He said my husband joined the other faction against them. People said he was shot before they cut off his head and took the head away. I hid my husband in my father’s house. Nobody was at home when it happened.”

Edo State Police Command Public Relations Officer, spokesman, Joseph Edogiawerie, who confirmed the killing, said two suspects have been arrested, adding that the police were on the trail of the killers.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/01/27/85-year-old-community-leader-beheaded-in-benin/

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Niwdog(m): 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Too B~A~D

May the soul of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace

AMEN!

3 Likes

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hm at 85 still fighting for land. Those ISIS should be brought to book and prosecuted.
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Abduletudaye(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
How can someone behead an 85-year old?? For what?? Kai.. Wicked world.

9 Likes

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
May Allah grant him Allujana fidau

2 Likes

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by echobee(f): 1:50pm On Jan 27, 2015
That person is heartless angry. 85Years old granny sad. What a wicked world cry. Rest in peace to the dead sad

3 Likes

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Jaymima(f): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lala you don reach Edo now now? Even me wey be Edo born never hear this news o.
Well, make u tanda for here cos I know for my marrows say this train dey go front page town.

2 Likes

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Lalasticlala, why are you a harbinger of bad news? ? angry

RIP to the oldman.

55yr old widow of an 85yr old man...that's a landslide.

10 Likes

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by lalasticlala(m): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Lalasticlala, why are you a harbinger of bad news? ? angry

U don't get to read d good ones I post

1 Like

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

U don't get to read d good ones I post

The bad ones too much now.
It's either rape or ritual killing...or death...you sef check am na... angry
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by lalasticlala(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

The bad ones too much now.
It's either rape or ritual killing...or death...you sef check am na... angry

Lol...

Maybe Bcs such happenings shock me
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by dre11(m): 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
An 85 year-old community leader in Arougba village, in Oredo local government area of Benin metropolis, Goodluck Uwumahongie, has been beheaded by unknown persons, over alleged land tussle.

Police sources confirmed that the killers left with the victim’s head.

Can this be just because of land tussle alone or there is something deeper than that for them to have left with his head

The heart of a man is desperately wicked and who can knows the length of his wicked imagination
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by dre11(m): 4:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

Lol...

Maybe Bcs such happenings shock me

Not only you......

Its most barbaric to me ........ 85years old man
Shame to the killers and sponsors

1 Like

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by teemanbastos(m): 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Why 85 year old dy fight over land?
When he shud have been preparing to go d oda side in a quiet way than in a turbulent way.
But walai MAN wicked.
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by coolhamid(m): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Wicked world
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by ichidodo: 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
If there is any beheading to be done in Benin it must be done within the confines of the Igue festival lest the gods of igodomingodo be full of wrath.**paints his big toe with white chalk and chants an isigie dirge**

1 Like

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by jamael(m): 4:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Very terrible.

1 Like

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by kent79: 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hmm..
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Immarshall: 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
V
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by aboyaji(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
It's a pity
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Allureoftheseas(m): 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
too bad.
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nneka123 ... You see my point? Some people have completely lost it.
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
rip
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Sijo01(f): 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
My state on the news for negative reason again cry
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by noblealuu: 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
A lot of killings in the land *smh
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by pekeyim: 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Disgusting
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by aboyaji(m): 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Immarshall:
V
v is for voodoo
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by Akshow: 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
na wa o
Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by blackjack21(m): 4:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
what good will come out of this people?

RAPING minor.
Ritual killing
And all kinds of unsavoury unsavoriries happen amidst them.
SMBH.
sad

1 Like

Re: 85 Year-old Community Leader Beheaded In Benin by wisepigeon: 4:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
[size=13pt]... a stitch in time saves nine ...[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traffic Police Removes Motorists's Teeth In Lagos (photos) / Gunmen Storm ABU Staff Quarters, Kidnap Dr. Bako, Physiology Professor / Police Rescue Missing AJU Student, Arrest Kidnappers In Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.