Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. (13223 Views)

Please Nairalanders Help: I'm Cursed To Not Make It In Life / Please Nairalanders, What Do I Do About My Current Lack Of Money? / Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by FuckDModz: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2022
grin

Omo, people dey suffer for this country o.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Number2(m): 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2022
Bladesociety:
What's your discipline? If you are good in physics, chemistry and mathematics, I can get you private lessons that can get you up to 150k to 200k monthly
boss, I'm extremely good at Maths, physics and chemistry. Please how can I contact you?
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by deavicky(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2022
Skillsmaster:
Good evening all. Forgive my typos.
Please I am in a state of confusion right now. I posted here on nairaland last year concerning me starting a teaching job in Abuja. I have been teaching in this school for a year and half now.

My salary is 40k (on appointment letter) but there is always deduction of 10% (4k) every month which they promised to pay all the deductions by end of each session. Till now, they are yet to pay it, giving excuses of no money on ground. But they paid it to those that resigned as far as two months notification is given.

I applied in other schools before the beginning of last term, two among the schools invited me for an interview but I didn't go because of this 10% of a thing. I made up my mind to resign beginning of this term so that I can collect my 10%. Last week, I got another invite from one of those schools I applied. I went and came out successful but their salary is 60k.

I requested for 100k but they said they can only pay 60k. I didn't accept it because of the distance. Early hour of Saturday, I received a message from the school, congratulating me that I have been shortlisted for employment. I was confuse because I didn't agree with the pay. And I will be teaching in primary section.

Assuming they can even pay me 80k, I can forget about the 10% and start another hustle there. (I planned relocating to the area because of distance).

Should I accept this offer and forget about the 10% (72k+) in the school I am now?
Or should I talk to them if they can allow me to resume by January so that I can collect my money from this school? Will they accept?

Please house, I need your input on this.

Note: I will go to the school and confirm if they've agreed to increase my pay. Before the invite, I have already made up my mind to tender my resignation letter immediately school resumes.
leave that 40k abi 30 job to somewhere better because they will keep holding ur salary to a point where u will be at their mercy.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Allison012: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
OP i don't know how to speak correct english but i will advice to take the new job offer and make sure u disturb them for that 72k. no be small be that.

anytime u close from work(teaching)go there and ask for your money.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Nyksbry(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Guy damn the#40k job and move forgetting about the 10%..it is designed to keep your back on the ground..sept usually is the best time to move if you miss it you will regret it certainly..
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Stevo35: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read and learn

Pass me that weed' Jor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Owologbo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2022
The new school offered you 60k, but you are holding out for 80k.
Will you throw away 20k-40k (difference in salary) in a month because of some accumulation of 4k deduction?
If your new employer pay you 8k, you will recover that money in two months.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Rememberdeath: 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2022
The goal of the 10 percent is to tie you down which is already happening. That's why you are confused. Let go of the money and go for the better offer.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Skillsmaster(m): 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Bladesociety:
What's your discipline? If you are good in physics, chemistry and mathematics, I can get you private lessons that can get you up to 150k to 200k monthly

I am good in mathematics and physics
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Wetstone: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2022
They know there will always be a need to move hence the reason why brought the idea of 10% deductions to discourage workers from leaving, it is best you move and next time do not accept such conditions because anything can happen. Thanks
Skillsmaster:
Good evening all. Forgive my typos.
Please I am in a state of confusion right now. I posted here on nairaland last year concerning me starting a teaching job in Abuja. I have been teaching in this school for a year and half now.

My salary is 40k (on appointment letter) but there is always deduction of 10% (4k) every month which they promised to pay all the deductions by end of each session. Till now, they are yet to pay it, giving excuses of no money on ground. But they paid it to those that resigned as far as two months notification is given.

I applied in other schools before the beginning of last term, two among the schools invited me for an interview but I didn't go because of this 10% of a thing. I made up my mind to resign beginning of this term so that I can collect my 10%. Last week, I got another invite from one of those schools I applied. I went and came out successful but their salary is 60k.

I requested for 100k but they said they can only pay 60k. I didn't accept it because of the distance. Early hour of Saturday, I received a message from the school, congratulating me that I have been shortlisted for employment. I was confuse because I didn't agree with the pay. And I will be teaching in primary section.

Assuming they can even pay me 80k, I can forget about the 10% and start another hustle there. (I planned relocating to the area because of distance).

Should I accept this offer and forget about the 10% (72k+) in the school I am now?
Or should I talk to them if they can allow me to resume by January so that I can collect my money from this school? Will they accept?

Please house, I need your input on this.

Note: I will go to the school and confirm if they've agreed to increase my pay. Before the invite, I have already made up my mind to tender my resignation letter immediately school resumes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Age Barriers To Graduate Employment In Nigeria / Female Edo Mechanic: "Any quick means of making money is not on my mind" / Which Is The Best Professional Certification Program For Arts Related Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.