Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. (13202 Views)

Please Nairalanders Help: I'm Cursed To Not Make It In Life / Please Nairalanders, What Do I Do About My Current Lack Of Money? / Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Skillsmaster(m): 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
Good evening all. Forgive my typos.
Please I am in a state of confusion right now. I posted here on nairaland last year concerning me starting a teaching job in Abuja. I have been teaching in this school for a year and half now.

My salary is 40k (on appointment letter) but there is always deduction of 10% (4k) every month which they promised to pay all the deductions by end of each session. Till now, they are yet to pay it, giving excuses of no money on ground. But they paid it to those that resigned as far as two months notification is given.

I applied in other schools before the beginning of last term, two among the schools invited me for an interview but I didn't go because of this 10% of a thing. I made up my mind to resign beginning of this term so that I can collect my 10%. Last week, I got another invite from one of those schools I applied. I went and came out successful but their salary is 60k.

I requested for 100k but they said they can only pay 60k. I didn't accept it because of the distance. Early hour of Saturday, I received a message from the school, congratulating me that I have been shortlisted for employment. I was confuse because I didn't agree with the pay. And I will be teaching in primary section.

Assuming they can even pay me 80k, I can forget about the 10% and start another hustle there. (I planned relocating to the area because of distance).

Should I accept this offer and forget about the 10% (72k+) in the school I am now?
Or should I talk to them if they can allow me to resume by January so that I can collect my money from this school? Will they accept?

Please house, I need your input on this.

Note: I will go to the school and confirm if they've agreed to increase my pay. Before the invite, I have already made up my mind to tender my resignation letter immediately school resumes.

4 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by gaby(m): 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2022
This is so very dicey and intricately difficult to advise on.

If not for the deductions you are battling to retrieve from your current employers, I'd have advised you to proceed to take up the new offer after confirming the security of the job and an agreement reached on your actual pay.

Do not be scared to move to a new location for a fresh and new challenge. With consistency and dedication, you'd gradually move into your destiny.

Dem no dey stay one place dey look sun...

Wishing you the best decision and outcome brother.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Skillsmaster(m): 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2022
gaby:
This is so very dicey and intricately difficult to advise on.

If not for the deductions you are battling to retrieve from your current employers, I'd have advised you to proceed to take up the new offer after confirming the security of the job and an agreement reached on your actual pay.

Do not be scared to move to a new location for a fresh and new challenge. With consistency and dedication, you'd gradually move into your destiny.

Dem no dey stay one place dey look sun...

Wishing you the best decision and outcome brother.

Very confusing. Thanks for your input

3 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Skillsmaster(m): 12:20am On Aug 29, 2022
You guys should advice please.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Cerebellum: 7:58am On Aug 29, 2022
You were given an appointment letter that your salary will be reduced by 10% every month and you humbly took it?? Too bad of you.
Which organisation does that?
They know what they did, a month is okay to tender your resignation letter..They used a wise tactic on you people
The owner is very wise
Leave that place, close your eyes on the 72k or whatever
Sojourn and live a better life!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by slawomir: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read and learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Grace045(f): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by GIANTPLUSHUB: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
Okay
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by sofeo(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
Ok.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by id4sho(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
shocked
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by shugaboy6102(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
Most school owners can be very wicked. If the new school agrees to pay you up to 80k go for it and forget that other one

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by vastolord4(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
Firstly, advice yourself before you think of listening to others .. pbuy

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Lamasta(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
Move on to a better job where your money will not be deducted with your permission

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Offpoint1: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
2 months resignation notification before they'll pay? They new what they are doing.

Take the new offer (if they agreed on the 100k) and move on.
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Abfinest007(m): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2022
Advice
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Krublog(m): 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
Collect your 75k, buy corn (one sack) 15k.
Buy coconuts and pear 10k.

Buy umbrella (big one), buy basin, coal pot, wire and hand fan.

This way, you'll never have to work for anybody ever again.

Thank me later.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Ikennaford: 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
I'm sorry for the pupils you about to impact knowledge to

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by NovoLag: 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2022
I no even know how much leadway pension dey owe me now...
from one job to the other, those guys don dey deduct my money for years.
I no one even know my account number or anything... I just know say dem dey deduct money angry
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by ratzeu: 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2022
Oga o
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by alatbaba1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
Ok … lemme ask this 2 questions
1. I guess you are the only qualified teacher in Abuja ?
2. Your relatives owns the new school you applied for a teaching job.

If your answer is no to both questions better take your new job seriously and move on. The previous place of your employment did that so you can be tied down with them. Sometimes we lose somethings to gain more.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by saintfaculty(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
cool to
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by GardenGreen: 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2022
Skillsmaster:
Good evening all. Forgive my typos.
Please I am in a state of confusion right now. I posted here on nairaland last year concerning me starting a teaching job in Abuja. I have been teaching in this school for a year and half now.

My salary is 40k (on appointment letter) but there is always deduction of 10% (4k) every month which they promised to pay all the deductions by end of each session. Till now, they are yet to pay it, giving excuses of no money on ground. But they paid it to those that resigned as far as two months notification is given.

I applied in other schools before the beginning of last term, two among the schools invited me for an interview but I didn't go because of this 10% of a thing. I made up my mind to resign beginning of this term so that I can collect my 10%. Last week, I got another invite from one of those schools I applied. I went and came out successful but their salary is 60k.

I requested for 100k but they said they can only pay 60k. I didn't accept it because of the distance. Early hour of Saturday, I received a message from the school, congratulating me that I have been shortlisted for employment. I was confuse because I didn't agree with the pay. And I will be teaching in primary section.

Assuming they can even pay me 80k, I can forget about the 10% and start another hustle there. (I planned relocating to the area because of distance).

Should I accept this offer and forget about the 10% (72k+) in the school I am now?
Or should I talk to them if they can allow me to resume by January so that I can collect my money from this school? Will they accept?

Please house, I need your input on this.

Note: I will go to the school and confirm if they've agreed to increase my pay. Before the invite, I have already made up my mind to tender my resignation letter immediately school resumes.

Tender the resignation letter now

Send flood of applciations to many instituitions. Schools would definitely be seeking teachers against next session. Your chances are not limited

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by TechCapon(m): 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2022
grin
Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by NaijaGoBetter20: 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
That 10% deduction is nothing but a scam, just forget (you can still be pressing for it but do not put your mind)

Take the new job and start your career afresh

All the best

5 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by DenreleDave(m): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2022
angry

Op, let me give you an advice. Pls take it serious..

As for me, i just wan book space... I no get wetin i wan talk

Bye bro

2 Likes

Re: Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Advice. by iLegendd(m): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2022
You teachers are really trying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Age Barriers To Graduate Employment In Nigeria / LPDC Probe: Ogunde Quits Jrp Over Stance, Backs Daughter, Olanipekun / Which Is The Best Professional Certification Program For Arts Related Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.