Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors (10236 Views)

I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies / Subsidy: ‘Endure, Tinubu Repositioning The Country’ – Keyamo Tells Nigerians / Insecurity: We Are Handling Security Well, Osinbajo Tells Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Laidewiess: 7:18am On Aug 29, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 general election, the Minister of State for Labour and Employment and spokesperson for the presidential campaign organisation of the All Progressives Congress, Festus Keyamo (SAN), has advised pastors and other clerics to learn lessons from 2015 and avoid throwing their weight behind some candidates.

Keyamo, who spoke in an exclusive interview with our correspondents in Abuja, also advised the clerics to “face their core mandates”.

He said, “Having pastors tilt towards a particular candidate is a good thing for the country but after they fail, they will now go back to their core mandate. It is a mistake they are making and it is important they make it. I thought they would have learnt their lessons to separate the church from politics in 2015; they have not.

“Only God alone can give and dictate who he gives power to. God has not given them that mandate to choose who should rule over a nation. However, when you are trying to make that mistake, God will take back their mandate which is to win souls.

“They made a mistake, threw their act in the ring in 2015 and supported a candidate they lost, same in 2019, and now, they are doing that. I am a Christian, I grew up preaching from house to house and we were told they do not dabble in politics. Their duty is to lead people into the kingdom of God and not to (the Presidential) Villa. Villa is not heaven. God is allowing this to happen now because, after 2023, they would realise the mistakes they have made and that they have plunged the church into where they should not have.”

When asked to speak on the Muslim-Muslim ticket of his party and the claims about the persecution of Christians in Nigeria, the senior advocate said, “There’s no persecution going on. If they are looking to protect their interest, the position of the vice presidential candidate can’t protect their interest. The VP is fully subordinate to the President. If it were so, why are they crying (over) prosecution under Buhari? Government is run on a tripod; we have the executive, legislature, and judiciary.”

“The only person that can check and start an impeachment move against the President is the Senate President. The VP cannot do that. If they think we want to Islamise the country, a claim which is not true, they should go and look for someone that will become the Senate President and do everything to ensure he emerges.

“They are not making that calculation now. The best calculation is to support the APC. We are likely to produce the majority in the Senate and negotiate how someone who will protect their interest will become the Senate President. That is what they should be doing and not the route they are taking.

It’s practically impossible to change Nigeria to an Islamic country. constitution They have nothing to fear. My candidate’s wife is a pastor, the chapel church will be functional,” he added.
https://punchng.com/stop-political-predictions-keyamo-tells-pastors/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1661651752

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by tunwumi: 7:19am On Aug 29, 2022
They are "sure" 2odds marketers.

I wonder why Nigeria election is not on betting platforms with odds

10 Likes

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 29, 2022
They don't know their job actually grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2022
All na prediction na,quote me anywhere no pastor on earth can accurately prophecy about wetin go happen in the future
They can only look at the present situation and guess,just like betnaija.lol

They are all fake, believe them at your own risk.

19 Likes

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 29, 2022
Keyamo, i am a Christian and would vote a Christian being in the mix because i want my faith represented in power decisions that affect me.. and i wish same for my muslims friends and family aswell.. alongside a united country devoid of fear and suspicion..

When a candidate tells you, he picked inequality and injustice just so he could have an edge, then that candidate has no principle or character, thats an unstable candidate and would do anything for power.

With all due respect, you lack sense... You advising the pastors to start seeking for Christian senate president to block islamization if any, rather than pitching tent with a candidacy that supports their plight tells so much about you as a person.. little wonder we retrogressed the past 7 years...

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by hisgrace090: 7:42am On Aug 29, 2022
Must you guys force anybody that support Peter obi to stop if I may ask.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Chiboy419: 7:49am On Aug 29, 2022
I can feel the fear of the Unknown gripping this guy grin grin

The fear of OBi is the beginning of wisdom cool cool

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Racoon(m): 7:50am On Aug 29, 2022
And you guys were so desperate to hired fake agbadorian bishops including the female one seen with Tony Kabaka the Edo cultist? Festus Keyamo have long lost sanity.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by CanineOfJackal: 8:03am On Aug 29, 2022
Senior Advocate of Nonsense

You must be Stupid, more Stupid than Festus Keyamo to support Tinubu

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by limeta(f): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2022
With Muslim/Muslim ticket
Christians are fighting for survival
They must come together and bring down this evil call APC .

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Honourable1901(m): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
Na hungry pastor dey predict elections

We don't have the Elisha's of the bible again,

Fela said
Pope na enjoyment
Imam na gbaladun

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by DevilSignature: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
angry
Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by mbahdi(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Mumu man

1 Like

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Maxymilliano(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Keyamo must be bereft of ideas on his new role as campaign spokesperson, why should election predictions be a source of concern for his campaign ?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by theophorus(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
CanineOfJackal:
Senior Advocate of Nonsense

You must be Stupid, more Stupid than Festus Keyamo to support Tinubu

What do you call someone who cannot/would not allow others express themselves and support whoever they like?

Well, what's 6 when viewed from one perspective is 9 when viewed from another. And hope you know those who are "more stupid" now?

#Peace

4 Likes

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Antoeni(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
ENERGY

From London to Germany, from Germany to Rome, From Rome to Canada.

Peter Obi is currently speaking in Toronto, Canada after walking and sitting many hours across countries.

Nigeria needs this energy. Only Peter has it.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Cholls(m): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
tunwumi:
They are "sure" 2odds marketers.

I wonder why Nigeria election is not on betting platforms with odds

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by 175(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
SAM Senior Advocate of Mumuuuu

3 Likes

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Femiwilli: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
This wan sabi say druggie na non-starter
Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Paragon311(m): 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yeyenatu S A N...

Campaign with your achievements and stop junketering from one place to another

2 Likes

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by jojo1415: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
APC is scared of predictions.....I thought the world revolves around APC?

6 Likes

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Antoeni(m): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
Tinubu & Atiku Are Playing Their Last Card, Anyone That Loses Will Never Contest Against Because of Old Age, Both Are Nigerians , Both Are Elders , We Must Not Favour One And Leave One, The Best We Can Do is to Retire The Both of Them, No Winner No Vanquish.
Let Peter Obi Lead

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by Illuminatiship(m): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
Lunatic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by mrvitalis(m): 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
But u enjoyed it in 2015

Pastors are Nigerians , leaders and influencers people are constantly asking them to lead and let them follow ...many Nigerians are seeking directions ...win or lose that doesn't mean they should not support who they think is the best

2 Likes

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by olatuns2017: 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Laidewiess:

https://punchng.com/stop-political-predictions-keyamo-tells-pastors/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1661651752

In 2015 99% of prophets in Nigeria says Buhari will not be president

2015 to date PMB is the president

Abi na Jubril be president

In 2023 they av started again

We know that agbado and corn will be president

Re: Stop Political Predictions, Keyamo Tells Pastors by bhella10: 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Tinubu And Atiku's Activities & Parties Differ / Evidence Of "Massive" "Dry Season" Road Construction Across Osun State / Ondo Election: Akeredolu Fails To Stop Suit Challenging His Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.