Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies (22355 Views)

Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss / Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu / Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Bobloco: 4:19pm On Nov 04, 2023
Minister of Aviation and Aerospace, Festus Keyamo said he would rather sack chief executives of the aviation agencies under his ministry than lose his own job.

Keyamo spoke in Lagos at the one-day stakeholders’ meeting, the first to be held since he assumed office.

Recall the ministers serving in the President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s government had signed a performance bond, which implies they are under obligation to perform.

But, the aviation minister sought the support of stakeholders in the industry in order to protect his job.

He said, “We had a three-day retreat with Mr. President, all the Ministers. At the end of the day, we signed a performance bond. I also signed my performance bond yesterday. So, if you don’t want me to get sacked in the next few months, you need to support me.”

“On this side, it is either I get sacked or they get sacked. So, it is a race to who will survive. That’s what I have told all my CEOs, somebody must die first but before I die I will take you down.”

According to him, the purpose of the retreat was “to receive inputs from you as technocrats and players in the industry.

“Your input will add value to the road map/focus area that the Industry will prioritize to make our Aviation Sector world class and meet the aspirations of Nigerians and all Aviation Stakeholders. We should desist from game blame and focus on solving the problems in the industry.

“As you are aware, Mr. President has unveiled his economic plan. The three-year economic revival plan that emerged from his inaugural Federal Executive Council meeting is anchored in an Eight-Point focus area targeted at addressing Nigeria’s socio economic challenges.

“It seeks to move away from the frenzied borrowing of the last government, check the unacceptably high jobless rate, achieve economic growth, prosperity for all, and end poverty. This, we as an industry, will factor into our own focus areas for the development of the industry and in turn the economic development of our Nation.”

Keyamo highlighted activities under his Ministry since his appointment.

He said, “You will recall that following my appointment by Mr. President, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, I had gone on inspection of the Nigeria Airports i.e Lagos and Abuja.

“I set up a task-force for the relocation of foreign airlines from the old international terminal to the new terminal following the state of disrepair of the old terminal which does not speak well about Nigeria as a people.

“The task force has since submitted their report. We are looking at their recommendations for possible action. We will overhaul this terminal to further boost the revenue drive of our airports.

“I equally, formally received the land for the construction of the 2nd runway of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja from the Jiwa Community. This is a historic event and dream come through, which Nigerians have looked up to for the past two decades.

You can be rest assured that the benefits of the second runway will provide substantial economic advantage to the Nation.

“I have also received briefs from some of the Agencies under the Ministry and the Unions in the Aviation Industry. I have taken note of the concerns raised. After this engagement we shall have a management retreat where we will further distill your inputs as stakeholders to move the Aviation Industry forward.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/id-rather-sack-you-than-lose-my-job-keyamo-tells-ceos-of-aviation-agencies/amp/

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by wittywriter: 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
F.K SAN ...if you know you know.

He seems to have job insecurity fears as a minister ...lolz

Anyways I dedicate my FTC to all NLers not asslicking the incompetence of fellow nigerians that identify as politicians elected or selected to perform their duties...afterall they get rewarded with fat allocations and salary.
Let's hold them accountable...
CodeTemplar:
Nigerians should hold him accountable and insist he delivers.
Apt.
LeoDeKing:

Even if you can’t read the report, at least the headline should provide some information.
CodeTemplar:
Your porous brain should find it easier comprehending my one sentence post than your oga's news.

Wittyness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by CodeTemplar: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by LeoDeKing: 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by LeoDeKing: 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Even if you can’t read the report, at least the headline should provide some information.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Godfullsam(m): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
I smell transfer of aggression grin

After baba tinubu spit fire on his non performing ministers and threaten to kick them out like polio.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by funshint(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
That's the Tinubu effect....this is not business as usual.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by accordadoga29(f): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hehehe

The same Keyamo headless mob were mocking he would get no political appointment.

If iyâmiris hate you, you are blessed my brother.

But if dem like you, you are cursed

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by accordadoga29(f): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by slivertongue: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
a man who doesn't know the job is talking.

5 Likes

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Burob: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
Godfullsam:

I smell transfer of aggression grin

After baba tinubu spit fire on his non performing ministers and threaten to kick them out like polio.
Almijiri Agbadorian you should be more interested in your state Governor & commissioners.

6 Likes

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Burob: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2023
slivertongue:
a man who doesn't know the job is talking.
Obnoxious Mumurist, Keyamo spoke in Lagos at the one-day stakeholders’ meeting, the first to be held since he assumed o

3 Likes

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Godfullsam(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2023
Burob:
Almijiri Agbadorian you should be more interested in your state Governor & commissioners.

You are insane.

Children of hate and bitterness.

Everybody is agbadorian in your book. Almajiri ruled your ass for 8 yrs and agbado is gona rule you for another 8yrs.
Best you all can do is to wail and spit bitterness all day long.
Continue to insult other regions as they continue to rule, oppress and marginalize you people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Racoon(m): 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2023
A senior advocate of nonsense charge and bail lawyer threatening to sack technocrats in the aviation sector?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Nahunger(m): 7:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
grin
Baba no dey Yap again since e get this appointment 🥶
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by citygarden(m): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
The fear of KPI is the. beginning of wisdom. This is the type of President that will reset the brain of his appointees like tinubu is what we need in this country. I just observe any good news about Nigeria, some tribe doesn't feel happy. But Y?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2023
Racoon:
A senior advocate of nonsense charge and bail lawyer threatening to sack technocrats in the aviation sector?

You need to be check if you can called keyamo a charge and bail lawyer,he was part of those that fought for the democracy

7 Likes

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Day169: 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
It's like "Russian roulette". Who dies first? cheesy
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by NaijaCover(m): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
Nawa o
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by duduade: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
Before nko

Hellooo thy hungry minister

He has set a record sef...
No iotaaa of shhhaaammmeee

Loool
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by jeromestarks: 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
Festus wan copy Wike style?

1 Like

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by nkemoma(m): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Eye service activated
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by justking(m): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
From
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Antoeni(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
That Meana Being a Corrupt Minister Under APC / Tinubu is More Profitable Than Being a Learned SAN,
May God Help The Judicial
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Cnyo: 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Timagex(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
"somebody must die first but before I die I will take you down"

This minister is looking for who to kill o. 😁😁 Help us o!!!

1 Like

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Chicagograduate(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Keyamo should account for the 774000 jobs he received billions to give to the unemployed youths.
It is the same way Tinubu will divert the cash palliatives.

2 Likes

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Antoeni(m): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Festus Keyamo Just Sounded Like a Thief, I Believe He is a Thief

1 Like

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by Ojukwubucket(m): 8:10pm On Nov 04, 2023
Godfullsam:

You are insane.

Children of hate and bitterness.

Everybody is agbadorian in your book. Almajiri ruled your ass for 8 yrs and agbado is gona rule you for another 8yrs.
Best you all can do is to wail and spit bitterness all day long.
Continue to insult other regions as they continue to rule, oppress and marginalize you people.
Na only Igbo them dey rule abi grin
Mumu..
Na only Igbo dey buyfuel 600
We hate that we are sharing Same country with daft people like you.. drawing us back grin

3 Likes

Re: I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies by RingRoadCartel: 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

The same Keyamo headless mob were mocking he would get no political appointment.

If iyâmiris hate you, you are blessed my brother.

RULE 2
Mynd44
Mukina2
Seun
Oam4j
Nlfpmod
Dominique
Rocktation
Dragnet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Candidate, Ugwuanyi Defeats APC In Enugu Governorship Election - Daily Post / Buhari Crackdown- EFCC Arrests Atiku Campaign Deputy DG, Tanimu Turaki / Anambra 2021: Charles Soludo Lacks Character To Become Governor - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.