Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit (32799 Views)

See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum! / See The Fun Meal I Created With Bread. Mmm... Yum! / Russians Eating Egusi Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by ShaqFu: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Channah1:

Hmm... Let me believe its the high demand for it that makes it expensive in your area.
Down here, it isn't so because it's the west and most people who use it here use it for personal purpose.
Yeah, it's the high demand for it that makes it expensive, Still I know for certain those who use it for business purpose are the root cause. They buy like 100 Naira Okazi and they will use that to sell like 5 plate of Nkwobi. So the sellers started learning from them. Lol.
Another thing is, having good bargaining power and knowing those things you can actually price down like perishable items you know they can't keep for long, they'll be willing to sell as you want just to get it off their tables before it goes bad. So I take advantage of this anytime I go to the market and it works all the time. wink.
Ah bargaining power have nothing to do with it oh. They've already shade it. They will tie a bunch of leaf and tell you a bunch is 200 Naira. It's not up for bargain. This is how they operate. A cup of Egusi is 250. Ogbono a cup is 1000 Naira. A derica of Banga is 900 Naira. There is no option of bargain with them.

The only reason why they will even want to bargain with you is if you're their regular customer. If you're not, they won't listen to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by ahnie: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
sageb:
@ ahnie Awwwwwwww! that's nice,
Drink and be merry.
No time for any hater,
Enjoy your day.
I want to send you chikini recharge card,I would tell you when to drop your details.

Warmest regards.
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by ahnie: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
Lovely soup channah1.I know it will be very delicious.licks my lips grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by Channah1(f): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
ahnie:

Yes o. Very very cheesy.

Thanks dear.
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by mariahAngel(f): 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
ShaqFu:
Yeah, it's the high demand for it that makes it expensive, Still I know for certain those who use it for business purpose are the root cause. They buy like 100 Naira Okazi and they will use that to sell like 5 plate of Nkwobi. So the sellers started learning from them. Lol.
Ah bargaining power have nothing to do with it oh. They've already shade it. They will tie a bunch of leaf and tell you a bunch is 200 Naira. It's not up for bargain. This is how they operate. A cup of Egusi is 250. Ogbono a cup is 1000 Naira. A derica of Banga is 900 Naira. There is no option of bargain with them.

The only reason why they will even want to bargain with you is if you're their regular customer. If you're not, they won't listen to you.

The shade part made me laugh. cheesy
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by mariahAngel(f): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
dayleke:

Taste good.
I do eat it if it's available.
Even if stew dey and egusi dey too, I'll still put egusi on the side.
grin

I imagined it would.
I don't understand what these people are saying about not liking it o. cheesy
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by ShaqFu: 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

The shade part made me laugh. cheesy
That's the word they use. Lol
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by mariahAngel(f): 1:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
ShaqFu:
That's the word they use. Lol

I know. cheesy
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by gstelly: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Lady ahnie it's nice to have you back I miss you
ahnie:
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by ShaqFu: 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
mariahAngel:

I know. cheesy
Alright then.
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by sageb: 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
@ ahnie. okay, Noted.
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by Wwwq: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
cool
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
Channah1:

None yet. Just doing it for fun. Can't use this for YouTube na. When I'm fully prepared, Ill start my channel.
ok
Re: Vegetable Egusi Soup. Yum! Bon-apetit by Mathematricks: 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2022
ahnie:

Good day ma. I go like work for your hustleville o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Love For Norwegian Stockfish / Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard / The Making Of A Nairalander’s Homemade Orange Juice(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.