Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Marriage In This Economy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage In This Economy (1548 Views)

How Are You Surviving In This Economy? / Should Nigeria Limit Children Born Into Each Family In This Economy? / Lady Burns Her Wedding Dress As She Leaves Her Marriage In Style (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Hello nairalanders, am searching for a job,am yet to see one as i want to be financially stable.my mom came and ask me this question about my suitors,am like marriage is the last thing on my mind now.what do you guys think.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Unzerious: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
Depends on your Age but, nice choice wink

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:
Hello nairalanders, am searching for a job,am yet to see one as i want to be financially stable.my mom came and ask me this question about my suitors,am like marriage is the last thing on my mind now.what do you guys think.

Why wld u tell ur mother dat? Pls stop dat
U are getting married this December 2022 so prepare urself and start making preparations spiritually and physically and mentally

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

Why wld u tell ur mother dat? Pls stop dat
U are getting married this December 2022 so prepare urself and start making preparations spiritually and physically and mentally
i just told her right now its a job i need. Abeg i no wan marry this december o
Re: Marriage In This Economy by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:
i just told her right now its a job i need. Abeg i no wan marry this december o

So if Holy Spirit brings the two together nko..are u saying u can't handle it.., I don't like how u're underestimating GOD..mind yaself
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:

So if Holy Spirit brings the two together nko..are u saying u can't handle it.., I don't like how u're underestimating GOD..mind yaself
lolz If holy spirit bought the two together i go handle am with my full chest.2 in 1

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:
Please do not let anyone blackmail you into getting married without first having your feet set squarely on the ground. Your mother wey dey talk, na she go come bail you out when your suitor-turned-husband starts treating you as though a liability? undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please do not let anyone blackmail you into getting married without first having your feet set squarely on the ground. Your mother wey dey talk, na she go come bail you out when your suitor-turned-husband starts treating you as though a liability? undecided
Marriage na turn by turn sef,i dont want to be pressured into it.i feel lyk my friends are getting married but i know what i want as i would want to support my spouse financially also.

1 Like

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:
Marriage na turn by turn sef,i dont want to be pressured into it.i feel lyk my friends are getting married but i know what i want as i would want to support my spouse financially also.
Support your spouse financially or contribute financially to your marriage and family? undecided

Marriage is best when planned well by both man and woman from the beginning. So many allow their hormones and urges drive them into marriage only to find themselves stuck trying to make the best out of what was a terrible decision from the beginning. Don't end up like them and don't be deceived by how nicely they look from the outside, more than half of those in marriage are living miserable existence but will rarely utter a word about it for shame. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Support your spouse financially or contribute financially to your marriage and family? undecided

Marriage is best when planned well by both man and woman from the beginning. So many allow their hormones and urges drive them into marriage only to find themselves stuck trying to make the best out of what was a terrible decision from the beginning. Don't end up like them and don't be deceived by how nicely they look from the outside, more than half of those in marriage are living miserable existence but will rarely utter a word about it for shame. undecided
one pattern i saw was people got married get kids and go into debt borrowing loans to suistain d family.
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:
one pattern i saw was people got married get kids and go into debt borrowing loans to suistain d family.
.... and then the expectation is that somehow those kids will grow up and help pay off all those debts. Essentially, they are birthed and enlisted as slaves in the process that is called marriage. lipsrsealed

Please make better decisions so you don't end up another statistics in your own life. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by baralatie(m): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2022
Make sure you have suitors o!
Meanwhile it is not a pressure something
At the same time it is not when you have become a millionaire before you start planning for a home

Prayer is key

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Acidosis(m): 9:12pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:

There is no link whatsoever between your need for a job and your desire for marriage. Is there any law that says you can't get a job once you're married?

Stop putting the two needs (if at all you need both) on the same scale. Job will always come and go. A job is nothing but a means to an end and not an end in itself.

And what is this thing you guys call "financial stability" sef? Do you know what is means to be financially stable? Having a job (or job security) is not the same as being financially stable. How many Nigerians can survive a year without their salary? That's how to know those who are financially stable and those who aren't.

So ask yourself; are you willing to go through the process of financial stability before you consider the need for a spouse?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2022
baralatie:
Make sure you have suitors o!
Meanwhile it is not a pressure something
At the same time it is not when you have become a millionaire before you start planning for a home

Prayer is key
am not waiting to be a millionaire,before i start accepting suitors o.
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2022
Acidosis:

There is no link whatsoever between your need for a job and your desire for marriage. Is there any law that says you can't get a job once you're married?

Stop putting the two needs (if at all you need both) on the same scale. Job will always come and go. A job is nothing but a means to an end and not an end in itself.

And what is this thing you guys call "financial stability"? grin Do you know what is means to be financially stable? Having a job is not the same as being financially stable. How many Nigerians can survive a year without their salary? cheesy That's how to know those who are financially stable and those who aren't.
True talk.thanks.i have a business online though.
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Acidosis(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:
True talk.thanks.i have a business online though.

You mean this online business on your profile?
I help small business earn $1000 within 30days
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
.... and then the expectation is that somehow those kids will grow up and help pay off all those debts. Essentially, they are birthed and enlisted as slaves in the process that is called marriage. lipsrsealed

Please make better decisions so you don't end up another statistics in your own life. undecided
Do u mean they pay the parents loan? i dont get
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Yemialade:
Do u mean they pay the parents loan? i dont get
Look around you here on nairaland at all the stories of parents not meeting their obligations to their ward. undecided
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Lonestar124: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
I will advice you to accept any suitor that come your way, this life is mysterious, you may not understand now until you learn a lesson...

Listen to me and your mother that are talking from experiences....

Every customer that come to patronize your wares at the opening of your shop, should not be allow to leave the shop, you must try much to compelled him to buy from you at that particular time.....

3 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2022
Acidosis:

Yea affiliate marketing.
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Rubbiish(m): 8:10am On Aug 30, 2022
Lonestar124:
I will advice you to accept any suitor that come your way, this life is mysterious, you may not understand now until you learn a lesson...

Listen to me and your mother that are talking from experiences....

Every customer that come to patronize your wares at the opening of your shop, should not be allow to leave the shop, you must try much to compelled him to buy from you at that particular time.....
@ Yemialade listen to the bold words
This is where a lot of girls miss it. Once u miss that particular suitor, u may get a good job but find it hard to get a suitor. I know someone suffering from this. It is better to get married as a lady & continue searching for job, than to get a job & continue searching for suitor. Listen to ur mom.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Ego2(f): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2022
@op listen to your mum, jobs will come and go but loneliness will be outta or for you.. good thing you've got your business and you could get something else doing.... trust me you don't want to experience the true meaning of loneliness embarassed.

Wish I had listened to my mum cry.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In This Economy by boxer022(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2022
I am not discouraging you from trying to achieve your goals of getting a job before settling down, but I want to ask a very important question. Don't get me wrong and don't be annoyed oh, but do you have a boyfriend or in a serious relationship? If yes, what is he talking about marriage or haven't you discussed the future with him? If on the other hand you are single and searching or not searching, you need to ensure that suitors are coming your way. My reason for saying this is so that you will not regret your decision or get gainfully employed and not been able to find a good home for yourself. Thanks.
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Esthered: 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
Acidosis:

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Channah1(f): 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
Lol.. marry na!!!..

I just see the way some girls itch for marriage like it the next best thing. If there's money, fine but if not, mhennn marriage is not rice and beans o. Serious work.

Apart from the financial responsibilities which is already draining on its own, The demanding aspect of it both physically and mentally will leave you wondering if you made the right decision.

I still believe marriage should be throughly given a serious thought through and through before diving into it. One must be very ready, financially, physical, mentally and emotionally otherwise it'll look like a difficult task. Iv been observing a lot of marriages these days and they don't seem interesting. Just a bunch of responsibilities and piles of duties.

Don't let anyone push you into what you're not ready for. Not even your mother.

1 Like

Re: Marriage In This Economy by crackhaus: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2022
You guys are funny.

Here's a young woman who desires to have something doing for herself before venturing into a marriage and becoming a burden on a man, and y'all are encouraging her to not have personal ambitions.

Na wa...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage In This Economy by Acidosis(m): 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Esthered:

Good afternoon egbon, please reach me on xxxxx

Thank you, mama. Please check your email.
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Yemialade(f): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Thanks everyone,each comments meant a lot,i aspire to be like beyonce,that is the cecebrity power couple i love and want something like that too .beyonce put her marriage together and builds something beautiful yet still her marriage and career grew.been a wife and mom does not stop her from her dream. I want to be ready mentally,emotionally,pychologically,spiritually for marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage In This Economy by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Acidosis:

And what is this thing you guys call "financial stability" sef? Do you know what is means to be financially stable? Having a job (or job security) is not the same as being financially stable. How many Nigerians can survive a year without their salary? That's how to know those who are financially stable and those who aren't.

So ask yourself; are you willing to go through the process of financial stability before you consider the need for a spouse?

Would you marry a jobless woman without a penny of her own?
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2022
crackhaus:
You guys are funny.
Here's a young woman who desires to have something doing for herself before venturing into a marriage and becoming a burden on a man, and y'all are encouraging her to not have personal ambitions.
Na wa...
Na wa ooo!! Aren't these some of the same folks who condemn women for entering into marriage as liabilities, the Nairaland "What do women bring to the table" gang? undecided
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Acidosis(m): 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Would you marry a jobless woman without a penny of her own?

Sure ...as long as she has education/skills and a CV.
Re: Marriage In This Economy by Helpout12345: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
OP, please stay off marriage biko with that your altitude towards your own father.

If you can disrespect your father, you will even beat up your mother or father-in-law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Movies That Families Can Watch Together / Am I Right To Ask For Separation / Halleluia!!! God Has Blessed My Family With Twin Boys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.