Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,705 members, 7,837,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Gear Box Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Box Issues (800 Views)

Toyota Camry 97 Brain Box Issues / Gear Box Issues With An Infinity Qx4 / Pls Help: My Peugeot 406 Is Having Gear Box Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Box Issues by safo99(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good day my people.. I purchased my car in April this year (corolla 2003/2004 model year). around july ending i started noticing my gear box is not working properly, it takes time before it engages in reverse.. so i checked the oil level i observed the oil level was very short, almost dry... so i went to my mechanic, he added that 4 litre ATF FLUID.. The gear box started working normal, only for me to wake up the next morning i noticed atf fluid on the ground.. so i went back to the workshop he said the is a seal inside the gearbox, the seal is bad.. i gave him money he bought the seal and fixed it.. he added another 4litre fluid and an extra 1 litre to top up the oil level.. i woke up the next day i didnt see any fluids on the ground so i went out on my daily hustle... so the next day i woke up still no fluid on the ground, oonly for me to guage the atf level its almost dried up again... went to my mech he said na the heat dey dry the fluid... car gurus abeg any thoughts ?
Re: Gear Box Issues by vastolord4(m): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Did you check if he added the oil as he said?
Re: Gear Box Issues by safo99(m): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
vastolord4:
Did you check if he added the oil as he said?
yes i was there when he added it....
Re: Gear Box Issues by vastolord4(m): 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
safo99:

Well I don't know about heat drying oil up though.. use another mechanic and sees whàt he tells you
Re: Gear Box Issues by Gluck4cars: 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
safo99:

You still have a leak. Nothing like oil drying.
Take the vehicle home and fill with ATF your self. Place container s underneath it the areas suspected. You know such areas by Observing for wetness.
Don't drive that vehicle in that condition or you risk burning the fibres and grinding the drives needing complete replacement.

1 Like

Re: Gear Box Issues by Dozieson(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
safo99:

What oil did you top with? Abro will kill your gear.
Again, after toping with Toyota type t-iv original, try and monitor the leakage yourself by going under.

Most mechanic don't care about you but your money
Re: Gear Box Issues by CamelCase: 4:31am On Aug 31, 2022
Sometimes it only leaks when you drive.. mine had same issue.

I noticed some place spray at the rear hatch of my sienna.. and oil shortage. It turned out to be the oil seal..
Re: Gear Box Issues by safo99(m): 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
Dozieson:

What oil did you top with? Abro will kill your gear.
Again, after toping with Toyota type t-iv original, try and monitor the leakage yourself by going under.

Most mechanic don't care about you but your money
i can say for sure i didnt use original type iv toyota fluid..
Re: Gear Box Issues by Dozieson(m): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
safo99:
i can say for sure i didnt use original type iv toyota fluid..

Better do the needful to avoid buying new gear
Re: Gear Box Issues by safo99(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
i should buy the original toyota fluid
Dozieson:

Better do the needful to avoid buying new gear
Re: Gear Box Issues by Dozieson(m): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Gear Box Issues by Dozieson(m): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
safo99:
i should buy the original toyota fluid

Yes sir

(1) (Reply)

Google's Robot Cars Pass Driving Test / First Timer / HELP! Pls I Need Advice On My Corolla 2006 Stereo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.