Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike (36003 Views)

Unizik Demotes Randy Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment / UNIBEN Students Threaten To Beat Lecturers Over University Closure - VC / List Of Lecturers Accused Of Sex-For-Grades Scandals (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by yetunsbay(m): 8:34am On Aug 31, 2022
Bluntguy:
And agbadorians want to continue from where Buhari stops.

Wey dat mod wey dey delete any comments against baba agbado? Food don done o.
even if he has other motives or plans, do u expect him to say otherwise?

If na you,u go talk u gonna deviate ? Then that will be unwise.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Lanretoye(m): 8:35am On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:
So from your analysis, it is safe to deduce that all Nigerian lecturers are pedophiles, and they all go around harassing and victimizing students?

Just asking.
na everybody get sense?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by treatise: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:

https://businessday.ng/education/article/unilag-leads-mass-resignation-of-lecturers-over-ASUU-strike-ashiru/
Wetin concern me (Buhari) inasmuch as it doesn't affect cattle business in Nigeria and Niger Republic adversely.

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by na2016: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2022
JJuanMiguel:
Lazy pedophiles, sex for grade corrupt lecturers, how will they cope and adapt in a lawful country?
Cos they are used to insolence, harassing and victimizing students here.

Some are quite good and some trained you. If you don't have something good to say, at least don't talk down on them.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by EmmanuelBlaze04: 8:40am On Aug 31, 2022
ejimatic:
. I totally agree with you. Alot of things are abberant in our educational system. Fir example ASU is requesting more fund in the universities from the government.How did they spend the previous funds from the government? They also requested salary increase.The government agreed some adjustments which will go across all institutions including polytechnics but they should wait till that is captured in 2023 budget. ASU disagreed. They said UTAS must be used for their payment.Is that logical? You are dictating for your employer. Consequent on that they embarked on strike indefinitely. They said before they resume all their outstanding salaries must be paid .Is that the way to go about it! Even when thery are in session what have they achieved for Nigeria! Some even collect money for researches only to do a wishy washy research and spend the money on cars and housing. Is it not good
to resume work and continue negotiation on yiur outstanding salaries which government will pay you? They think they are the wisest in Nigeria.I pity our students at home but as for ASU whoever wants to resign shiukd do so. No union is sacred in Nigeria!
Well, I do agree with you too. At some points,both parties have their faults

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by uuzba(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2022
Igboslayer:
This their traditional university stuffs is fast becoming obsolete. Most universities are presently running online programs with shorter time frame of getting your degree in most courses. This will cut cost on so many fronts for the students.
It's like you don't understand what is happening here.
Who will give you the degree certificate after you do your online whatever?
Who will even teach you the online thing?
You can always learn anything you want to learn under mango tree or online. But you still need the lecturer to give you a certificate/degree as evidence you are a graduate. And right now, the lecturers said they are not teaching again.
So where are you running to?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Uzuacious(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2022
FOJEM:

This your grammar na gbege. And you talk say you go university . Nigeria don enter one chance !
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

U nor read say dem dash dem A
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by uuzba(m): 8:50am On Aug 31, 2022
na2016:

Some are quite good and some trained you. If you don't have something good to say, at least don't talk down on them.
When i was in school way back, I was in Engineering. And we never heard of any sex anything there. The girs were not many and when the Engineering hard dem pass, them pull out of the department, waka dey go.
All those kind things mostly happen in arts departments of any university. But me I didn't hear O!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Angelfrost(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2022
idu1:

Stop talking bullshiit.

Their positions will be filled with vibrant young folks looking for jobs.

Such comments tell me many of you don't even know the meaning and far reaching implications of the term "Brain Drain"!

If you did, you wouldn't have made that comment.

Then again, I shouldn't even be surprised! Many of you are products of this decay due to the effects of Brain drain.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rusher14: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2022
effort1:

Those lecturers resigning, have you asked your brain why they might be doing that?

Why do you Tinubu idiots behave as if your brain has been locked up in darkness? Why have you refused to grow up and see that the world isn't in the 18th century again?

I won't be surprised if you are a Muslim. Very absurd, backward, stupid reasoning.

Which lecturers?

Name them?

I also heard some Nigerian astronauts landed on Mars yesterday.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rusher14: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2022
onyxo76:
wetin you wan take their name do? I can name 5 in my chutch you have left in the last 7 months, so many courses will lose accreditation la slas

5 lecturers?
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rusher14: 8:59am On Aug 31, 2022
Ibegtodiffer:

It's not a lie, sir. They're using the UK education policy to enrol into 1 year Masters program with Assurances of working for 2years. Most will enrol on phd afterwards to make up the requisite year's of permanent residency application. So no be lie., especially in southern and middle belt universities.

Lecturers?
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rollywise(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2022
Emmamay10:
These are audio resignations. ASUU is only raising the alarm to coerce the FG into doing their biddings. Perhaps they went on vacations till their demands are met by the FG. The lecturers have more to gain than just quitting.

I'm shocked how you got fifty likes. I wish I can screenshot a message from a lecturer to you. He sent me that message just yesternight
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by ejimatic: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2022
EmmanuelBlaze04:
Well, I do agree with you too. At some points,both parties have their faults
Exactly!
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Amoo89: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:

https://businessday.ng/education/article/unilag-leads-mass-resignation-of-lecturers-over-ASUU-strike-ashiru/
Thank God they resigned room for employment. Please come and employ me. I can teach fluently I get MSc na PHD remain.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rainlover(m): 9:02am On Aug 31, 2022
This ASUU issue is getting outta hand

Check my signature
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by effort1: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2022
mubalex50:
Make them resign. We have many individuals with good qualifications and ambition to become lecturers. This will pave way for them to be employed as lecturers.
Do u get sense at all?, I'm not sure.

Dumb reasoning. And when these other lecturers take over, the suffering and bad system being fought by the resigning lecturers will still remain and the academic destiny of your children will get worse.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Newness2019: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2022
IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN WHEN AN EDUCATED PERSON IS THE HEAD.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Ayodeoba: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Federal government should hands off the funding of the universities. The universities should be self finanancing and granted full autonomy
then be ready to pay 500k for tuition fee,most federal universities are the cheapest with most quality education in Nigeria. If federal universities is granted that autonomy,poor man many never get education again in Nigeria
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emapeteum(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2022
Emmamay10:
These are audio resignations. ASUU is only raising the alarm to coerce the FG into doing their biddings. Perhaps they went on vacations till their demands are met by the FG. The lecturers have more to gain than just quitting.
You are myopic and insensitive. You belong to the stone age and continue in your campaign of stupidity. I have some of my friends in UNILAG who left the country to lecture in UK universities.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by DrLuv: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2022
Emmamay10:
Lol
When medics were resigning and leaving, the situation was termed audio like you have described. Infact the person of the minister for health used the word "more than enough doctors" in Nigeria hence no issues if medics leave, they are all still leaving but all is audio resignation and relocation.
E go soon shock una.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Tunjibalogun: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:
The brain drain Nigeria is currently experiencing is alarming. I personally know at least 6 lecturers who have relocated to the UK and Canada. Even Uganda, Ethiopia and Kenya are currently recruiting Nigeria academicians. Professors who are supposed to be mentoring young lecturers are leaving the country in droves. Don't be surprised if school resumes and more than half of university lecturers are out leaving massive vacuum that will take this country decades to fill. It is well.

Cc: seun, lalasticlala mynd44
We have many qualified jobless ones with PhD. They should employ then to replace those who have left. Simple
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Tunjibalogun: 9:18am On Aug 31, 2022
rusher14:

Why do you have to lie?

Name 3 from the 6 you personally know.
Lol

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Unigrad: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
I feel ASUU are too self centered, the economy situations all over the world do not support such bogus requests at this umpteenth time. ASUU has never fought for the welfare of Nigerian students since i was born all they always ask for is salary, salary and salary increment. Let them resign in droves, we've got many brighter minds out there looking for opportunities.
Economy is bad in the world but federal government has #6.25billion to send to Katsina for ranching. This ranching is a private business and they don't pay tax to the federal government.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by backnbeta(f): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2022
JJuanMiguel:
Lazy pedophiles, sex for grade corrupt lecturers, how will they cope and adapt in a lawful country?
Cos they are used to insolence, harassing and victimizing students here.
Are you hell ruffian's son? I think you guys have something in common- a low opinion of Nigerian university lecturers and education generally!
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by drealcivilceno(m): 9:23am On Aug 31, 2022
rusher14:

Why do you have to lie?

Name 3 from the 6 you personally know.

From Unilag...

Plenty...
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by nesgeeek(m): 9:26am On Aug 31, 2022
Tinubu, Buhari and the entire Apc should be ashame of themselves.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rusher14: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2022
drealcivilceno:

From Unilag...

Plenty...

Name 3 that have left their lecturing jobs in the last 6 months.

Must be easy.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by JJuanMiguel: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2022
backnbeta:

Are you hell ruffian's son? I think you guys have something in common- a low opinion of Nigerian university lecturers and education generally!
Lol
Create a thread, let pubic universities students come and give narratives about their lecturers first.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by drealcivilceno(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2022
IboHausaYoruba:
I feel ASUU are too self centered, the economy situations all over the world do not support such bogus requests at this umpteenth time. ASUU has never fought for the welfare of Nigerian students since i was born all they always ask for is salary, salary and salary increment. Let them resign in droves, we've got many brighter minds out there looking for opportunities.

When is a better time to collect?

How do we know this guys have our best interest at heart? You should be thanking them.

Is it until you hear a leaked tape from your favourite POLITICIANS that you all in this country are stupid and I'm sure even at that you will say it is ASUU's fault.

One has told us we are lazy in this country and he still won the second time, that w when I discovered that we have gone to the gallows!
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by gabbasin: 9:30am On Aug 31, 2022
Propaganda from ASUU, whoever wants to resign should resign, there are other capable hands out there, it would have been better if all of you resign enmasse, you want salaries you don't work for, all of you should kuku resign
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by RockhouseCafe: 9:32am On Aug 31, 2022
Emmamay10:

Shame on you.

Probably the UK government is also audio. This morning on Nig. info 99.3 newspaper review, the Uk govt satistics bureau released a staggering number 6068 lecturers recruited from Nigeria from 2015 of Buhari`s govt till date

Keep living in denial.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Appeal Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike / Fumigation: Katsina University Expels Snakes, Other Reptiles From Campus / Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.