Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike (36013 Views)

Unizik Demotes Randy Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment / UNIBEN Students Threaten To Beat Lecturers Over University Closure - VC / List Of Lecturers Accused Of Sex-For-Grades Scandals (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2022
Evil apc party has failed the nation strongly and the old man no still wan rest
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by drealcivilceno(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2022
Amerengues2:
You retained your best graduating students years back only to be paying your first class graduates 105-120k when their counterparts in other firms are earning 400k+ and their mates abroad are earning £2800 monthly.

The resignation just started!

From Independence till now, we've produced over 80k medical doctors. Presently, we have about 12,500 (9k in federal hospital and 3k in state and private). The rate of adverts for nurses and doctors in Nigeria has increased- none wants to work but rather on their way to UK. By the time it dawns on government, young doctors here will be treating ailments older than them.

PROFS and PhD are not easily replaceable since there is a little to no number of profs or Dr. that aren't in the academic sector already.

Can you send your kids to public primary or secondary school? You would rather send them to private school and pay huge amount just because Government failed in funding public schools.

We shall see!

He who sleeps with an itching bumbum must surely wake up with a smelling finger.

Nigerians don't know this!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by benjanny(m): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2022
Ok
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Damian10(m): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2022
All those "olodo half baked lecturers produced by the same poor system there are helping this mumu government to make poorer cannot be effortlessly getting jobs overseas just like that. Hungry too go kee them here, pikin wey say mama no go sleep no go sleep. Greed and selfishness have blinded them for too long not to see that this government is useless and don't care about education, leaving poor students to suffer the lost ain't the way to go.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by zikter(m): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Trash.
Fvck ASUU. We are solidly behind FG right now. If una like, make una stay at home for a whole year, shishi una no go see.
NO WORK NO PAY.
I don't even do a government job. However, I am not a mediocre that will be supporting incompetence. If the government of the the countries the thieving government you so much love send their children to, behave like they do here, will they have sent them there? Again I don't expect you to understand this because human beings generally don't have same level of comprehending situations.
I Pity the innocent students who are the children of the less privileged in the society. ASUU will still be paid for the months. The useless government is only grandstanding
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Mrfixitt(m): 10:10am On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:
The brain drain Nigeria is currently experiencing is alarming. I personally know at least 6 lecturers who have relocated to the UK and Canada. Even Uganda, Ethiopia and Kenya are currently recruiting Nigeria academicians. Professors who are supposed to be mentoring young lecturers are leaving the country in droves. Don't be surprised if school resumes and more than half of university lecturers are out leaving massive vacuum that will take this country decades to fill. It is well.

Cc: seun, lalasticlala mynd44
Buhari has a very bad record starting from his time of military rule but zombies decided to bring him back in 2015 for their selfish reason. I weep for Nigerians. I warned a lot of people about Buhari but they called me names. If you drive out today, you meet beggars every where in town begging..in the shopping malls, banks and even in the church..It will take Nigeria years to recover after Buhari leaves. Hope they have learnt some lessons in a hard way to vote wisely next year.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by JJuanMiguel: 10:11am On Aug 31, 2022
zikter:
I don't even do a government job. However, I am not a mediocre that will be supporting incompetence. If the government of the the countries the thieving government you so much love send their children to, behave like they do here, will they have sent them there? Again I don't expect you to understand this because human beings generally don't have same level of comprehending situations.
I Pity the innocent students who are the children of the less privileged in the society. ASUU will still be paid for the months. The useless government is only grandstanding
What if government refused to pay them, what can ASUU do that they've not done before?
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by GUNITGuy: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2022
Amerengues2:
You retained your best graduating students years back only to be paying your first class graduates 105-120k when their counterparts in other firms are earning 400k+ and their mates abroad are earning £2800 monthly.

From Independence till now, we've produced over 80k medical doctors. Presently, we have about 12,500 (9k in federal hospital and 3k in state and private). The rate of adverts for nurses and doctors in Nigeria has increased- none wants to work but rather on their way to UK. By the time it dawns on government, young doctors here will be treating ailments older than them.

PROFS and PhD are not easily replaceable since there is a little to no number of profs or Dr. that aren't in the academic sector already.

Can you send your kids to public primary or secondary school? You would rather send them to private school and pay huge amount just because Government failed in funding public schools.

We shall see!

He who sleeps with an itching bumbum must surely wake up with a smelling finger.

Please stop comparing our Medical Doctors, Lecturers to anything abroad... Most these Doctors and Lecturera should be grateful to Nigeria...They got most of their Education even to PhD level here in Nigeria almost for free...Fg even sponsor some people's PhD
Especially those noisemakers called Doctors in Nigeria theeatening to Leave the country[b] go you're free when you finish making all the money [/b]you would come back Covid just opened Doors for most of these people many of the restrictions limiting out Doctors before from practicing in the UK, US or Canada was suddenly lifted .....
Go abroad and study for a Bsc in Chemistry it's equivalent to 36million naira ....so are masters and PhD in most of all this countries .....The scholarship opportunity are usually from Govt, Corporate bodies and Individuals for outstanding students.....
Let's stop exploiting the country without contributing to it ......
The western countries asking you to come are only doing it based on their current circumstances as soon as they get their Country together then they would understand....

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by nighthawk1: 10:26am On Aug 31, 2022
PAY THE LECTURERS OUTSTANDING FROM THE ABACHA LOOTS YOU HAVE BEEN RECEIVING SINCE 2015.

FROM 2023 PAY THEM FROM A PERCENTAGE OF CRUDE OIL, GAS AND SOLID MINERAL SALES.

(THIS INCLUDES ALL OTHERS TOO SANU, ASUP, DOCTORS AND NURSES)

ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE BUT CORRUPTION WONT PERMIT THIS CURRENT GOVERNMENT

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by zikter(m): 10:35am On Aug 31, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

What if government refused to pay them, what can ASUU do that they've not done before?
Government has no option than to pay except if they want total collapse of the education system of the country. And I won't be surprised if it is what they are working towards considering how irresponsible the government is. Security is zero, heath is nothing, education almost collapsing, if not because of ASUU's resilience, our universities will just be like the public primary and secondary schools today. What exactly working? Nothing. This is all because of a failed government

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emmavictory: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2022
Bluntguy:
And agbadorians want to continue from where Buhari stops.

Wey dat mod wey dey delete any comments against baba agbado? Food dondone o.
Don't mind them. God will never allow Tinibu to rule this country. Holy Ghost fire!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by truthfinder319: 10:40am On Aug 31, 2022
Your liar candidate did not pay workers in Anambra as Governor. You are deluded to think that politicians who have children abroad will help you out if poverty if the mind that you suffer from

Bluntguy:

Wey dat mod wey dey delete any comments against baba agbado? Food don done o.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by PJ123: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2022
AK481:

Lie, if you went to university, which I doubt .

What kind of people from your set did they recruit? Is it not those who did better than you academically?
Unfortunately, non of the first- class graduate in my set stayed behind.
If you're very sincere, more than 98% of top students in every set don't stay behind.
Academics throughout the world are not as attractive as industry and Nigeria cannot be exception.
Most of the top guys work multinationals like Big4, and sound investment banking.
Majority of Nigerian lecturers with the exception of medical guys are not employable outside Nigeria and even outside academics in Nigeria.
Majority of people who became lecturers couldn't compete outside for top jobs largely due to grades or due to age for the very few good ones.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by okanlanwon44879: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2022
May Buhari or person like him never happen to Nigeria againMay Buhari or person like him never happen to Nigeria again...
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by CzarChris(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2022
rusher14:

Why do you have to lie?

Name 3 from the 6 you personally know.
Not that I owe you any explanation, but I work in a university, so I'm on ground.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by CzarChris(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

We have many qualified jobless ones with PhD. They should employ then to replace those who have left. Simple
Remember that there is something called mentorship. Employing greenhorns to replace the ones leaving the academia will spell doom for our nations tertiary education.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rusher14: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:
Not that I owe you any explanation, but I work in a university, so I'm on ground.

These names should be easy to reel off.

Just 3 lecturers from those you know would settle this.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by onyxo76(m): 10:59am On Aug 31, 2022
Amoo89:

Thank God they resigned room for employment. Please come and employ me. I can teach fluently I get MSc na PHD remain.
which one be teach fluently? no be speak fluently? anyway who go come supervise your PHd prog, shey na fellow masters holder like you?
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by ArewaNorth: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2022
utenwuson:
ASUU should be proscribe..... Or universities should be privatize or giving to States.

All these media antics against the federal government has failed.

The over 2.3 trillion they re requesting is not to build infrastructure, it is solely for them to share into their respective accounts.

During my university days, from 400 level, the three professors that was supposed to lecture us came only once or twice a whole semester. Gave us handout and ask us to read, at the end, one gave all of us "A"

It is very unfortunate. They requested that FG pay N1.5trillion to all FG universities between 2009 to 2011 and state universities be paid N3.6m far student for the same period of time which they are now insisting to be respected. How on esrth can Nigeria get this money?
Attached is the outrageous demand signed by their fellow gullibiles, i go this from the 51 pages agreement they signed with Yaradua in 2009.

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by JJuanMiguel: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2022
zikter:
Government has no option than to pay except if they want total collapse of the education system of the country. And I won't be surprised if it is what they are working towards considering how irresponsible the government is. Security is zero, heath is nothing, education almost collapsing, if not because of ASUU's resilience, our universities will just be like the public primary and secondary schools today. What exactly working? Nothing. This is all because of a failed government
ASUU is not doing the wrong thing.
But they are going about it the wrong way.
How can they shut down tertiary institutions for 7 months to press home demands on the government they already accused not to value education.
They are suffering themselves and the students unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by PJ123: 11:07am On Aug 31, 2022
Amerengues2:

We shall see!

Stop this trash!!!
Throughout the world, academics is never as lucrative as industry.
Nigeria is sick, top guys in the industry are leaving the country not because of salaries but of the poor condition of the country. What we need now is not salaries increase, sound infrastructure and security. Sound but free primary and secondary education.
Vocational schools should be rehabilitated as most people in Universities have no business to be there.
University should be funded by all stakeholders in the sector; students should pay true actual cost of university education, each university should decide what she can can pay each lecturer based on several parameters such as capacity of the Lecturers to bring in grants, and location of the university. Government should provide transparent scholarships for extremely brilliant guys but from poor families.
If you're not brilliant but still interested in university education, interest free loan should be available.

The freedom you have in Nigeria Universities, believe me you cannot get it elsewhere.

In western world, close to 50 percents of your income is taken as tax. These guys just want to be rich as politicians. It's simple, resign and contest and see how it be.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by goody234: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2022
They have finished this country it is now a basket case ..i weep for naija
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Dwightventures(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2022
The drainpipe that is tertiary education in Nigeria. People in this country have not demonstrated that their brains are more developed than a primary school pupil in a sane society. Failed people. Government ko, government ni. Nonsense.

I expect the savages to come tear me to pieces. That's why they can never progress, because they're absolutely empty, PhD or not
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:49am On Aug 31, 2022
Ayodeoba:
then be ready to pay 500k for tuition fee,most federal universities are the cheapest with most quality education in Nigeria. If federal universities is granted that autonomy,poor man many never get education again in Nigeria

It costs more than that to have a child in a boarding secondary School
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by wallarwallar(m): 11:59am On Aug 31, 2022
Bluntguy:

Wey dat mod wey dey delete any comments against baba agbado? Food don done o.

Foolish boy tinubu is not buhari
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Bluntguy: 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
wallarwallar:

Foolish boy tinubu is not buhari
Taaaa gbafuo
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Dewillys(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
Are lot of damage have been done to the educational sector of this country. It will take a great effort to restore the Universities to its former glory. But, there is only one man who can do that, that is Peter Obi.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by MrFly(m): 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2022
No ASUU leadership in the history of the country has been so insensitive, brash and disrecpectful to its students and parents at large than the current ASUU leadership headed by a confused prof.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Anndrew(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jman06:
I think at this point FG should pay ASUU the salary arrears since that has always been the culture since ASUU started striking. Besides, it's not like that money would be properly channeled if not paid, it'll still be looted by the corrupt politicians.

What some of us didn't want to hear was that lecturers were getting paid while the students were languishing at home. If they're ready to suspend the strike, then FG should pay them. After all, they need the money to be in the right frame of minds to teach when school resumes. We don't want them transferring the anger on the students if forced to go back to class without pay. The relationship with students was bad on a normal day let alone when they're forced to class without pay. It'll be bloody mehn!

Meanwhile, some of these lecturers are good and I know one in particular (a Prof in UNIBEN) that assist indegent students financially from his little salary. So, because of such Godly lecturers, I pray that God touches the hearts of the president and ministers to release their salaries and do the needful to end this strike....Amen
..This is why Nigeria can't never move forward..prayer is useless here .if Israel has be praying to God,waiting for solutions Palestinian would have wipe them out....nothing like you pray to God to change the heart of a president to do what is right..Nigeria is banana Republic rule by bamboos..Nigeria run autocraze democracy
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by zikter(m): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

ASUU is not doing the wrong thing.
But they are going about it the wrong way.
How can they shut down tertiary institutions for 7 months to press home demands on the government they already accused not to value education.
They are suffering themselves and the students unnecessarily.
The way they are going about it is not wrong per se. Successive governments have dishonored so many agreements after ASUU calls off strikes. It is better they ensure something concrete comes out of this. It can be this government or next one. The way the goverment is going about this, there will be no affordable university for the poor majority again. The public universities will no longer exist or nothing to write home about.
They are not just sincere. When local airlines threatened to down tools, they quickly found a solution because they cannot use the roads due to insecurity. International airlines are suspending flights and they quickly found a way to remit their dollars because they must travel abroad for medicals, vacation and their children will have to resume to school. The whole thing is just annoying.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by yomibrain: 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
utenwuson:
ASUU should be proscribe..... Or universities should be privatize or giving to States.

All these media antics against the federal government has failed.

The over 2.3 trillion they re requesting is not to build infrastructure, it is solely for them to share into their respective accounts.

During my university days, from 400 level, the three professors that was supposed to lecture us came only once or twice a whole semester. Gave us handout and ask us to read, at the end, one gave all of us "A"

So the lecturer should not collect their money? Even if you're one of them will you have ignored the strike?
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by utenwuson: 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2022
yomibrain:

So the lecturer should not collect their money? Even if you're one of them will you have ignored the strike?
which one is their money? Where you work now, can you just wake up and say they should increase your salary?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2024 JAMB THREAD + POST UTME , O' LEVEL(WAEC, GCE, NECO) UPDATE. / Appeal Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike / Which Nigerian University Library Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.