Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike (36018 Views)

Unizik Demotes Randy Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment / UNIBEN Students Threaten To Beat Lecturers Over University Closure - VC / List Of Lecturers Accused Of Sex-For-Grades Scandals (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by shortIGBOman: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
zikter:
I don't even do a government job. However, I am not a mediocre that will be supporting incompetence. If the government of the the countries the thieving government you so much love send their children to, behave like they do here, will they have sent them there? Again I don't expect you to understand this because human beings generally don't have same level of comprehending situations.
I Pity the innocent students who are the children of the less privileged in the society. ASUU will still be paid for the months. The useless government is only grandstanding

You are definitely one of those Peter Obi's supporters. They criticize the Government no matter what good the government did.
Continue wailing. The Students themselves are tired of those criminal ASUU.

NO WORK NO PAY.
Fvck ASUU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Jking20(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jman06:
I think at this point FG should pay ASUU the salary arrears since that has always been the culture since ASUU started striking. Besides, it's not like that money would be properly channeled if not paid, it'll still be looted by the corrupt politicians.

What some of us didn't want to hear was that lecturers were getting paid while the students were languishing at home. If they're ready to suspend the strike, then FG should pay them. After all, they need the money to be in the right frame of minds to teach when school resumes. We don't want them transferring the anger on the students if forced to go back to class without pay. The relationship with students was bad on a normal day let alone when they're forced to class without pay. It'll be bloody mehn!

Meanwhile, some of these lecturers are good and I know one in particular (a Prof in UNIBEN) that assist indegent students financially from his little salary. So, because of such Godly lecturers, I pray that God touches the hearts of the president and ministers to release their salaries and do the needful to end this strike....Amen

Why should they??
These set of lazy people whom schooled almost free during their time, served with free meals with ads and reserved employment after graduation. Now, they're behaving like gods because they're there and their children aren't affected in this ugly situation. In as much as the government is to be blamed, the Union is selfish and politicalized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by ufotunang: 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Nawaoooo. Buhari wants to destroy the education sector and the country completely... nawaoooo
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by CzarChris(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2022
rusher14:

These names should be easy to reel off.

Just 3 lecturers from those you know would settle this.
So I should violate my friends privacy to satisfy your over bloated ego? Like I said I owe you no explanation neither do I owe you anything.

Well, personally I currently have an offer from a Australian Engineering firm which I'm about partnering with as a consultant. I'm currently dotting all the iiis and crossing all the tees. So screw the strike, after my wedding this December God willing, I go leave this country for una.
BTW, in my field we are only about 15 in Nigeria, and we are few worldwide, I know how much in revenue I generate for my university yearly in terms of international students that come to Nigeria for my classes, don't get me started with the IOC staffs that come on short courses here, I know my worth dude, so goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by CzarChris(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
ejimatic:
How many Nigerian Profs in medical field have been able to produced a COVID vaccine for the world? We claim yet that our universities have good hands.
So our universities don't have good hands, but the same bad hands are quickly gobbled up with great pay abroad right? No wahala, please promise me to bookmark this particular page, mention me with your honest evaluation when school reopens and God keeping us alive, also mention me 5years from now on the decay in the academic sector unless there's a change in government that will occasion these intellectuals to come back.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by CzarChris(m): 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
idu1:

Stop talking bullshiit.

Their positions will be filled with vibrant young folks looking for jobs.
You own a company, will employ people without the required experience to run your company? Or start a company with greenhorns without mentorship to properly guide your staffs?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by drealcivilceno(m): 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
rusher14:

Name 3 that have left their lecturing jobs in the last 6 months.

Must be easy.

In the last three month, No now, an every month dem dey employ lecturers?

Junior lecturers and graduate assistants. All ooh, we don't have any junior lecturers as I write!

Come to civil engineering and find out!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Ayodeoba: 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

It costs more than that to have a child in a boarding secondary School
but do you consider those who are poor? How will they get their children educated? Or is education only for the rich

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by CzarChris(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kingharzyz:

Yes more than 70% of them are after sex for Grade , and harassing female students; I thought they’ve stoped until my 19yrs old niece schooling in one these Uni in Ilorin gives me gist about Lecturers after her for sex, Phd holders ooo, one Olaifa, Atolagbe etcetera ! She said a week won’t go without one them pestering her.

Paedophile lots.
I smiled at this, I'm not saying that there are no bad eggs in the Universities, of course there are. But it's the generalization that I really don't personally like.
Okay, let me give you this challenge. Go to your niece's school, go to the HOD's office and request for her results, any results you see there that you are not comfortable with request for a remark of those courses and watch your niece beg you to overlook it.
I have seen my fair share of rubbish in the university, you'll see a female student dress suggestively to your office begging you to upgrade an exam that the results are not even out yet, because she knows that she didn't do well in the exam. My students know better than to approach me with such rubbish, because I've publicly embarrassed a few that tried that, staffs that don't have selfcontrol will want to take advantage of that situation and you'll see that same student come out to scream blue murder.
There avenues provided to students to report such behaviors by staffs even anonymously. Take advantage of it, or you can PC me and I'll guide you on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ayodeoba:
but do you consider those who are poor? How will they get their children educated? Or is education only for the rich

Well managed universities have endowment fund. It is too bad that Unilag, Ife, UI, ABU do not have an Endowment fund of N100 billion and above in their 60 years or there about of their existence

We can also get a single digit education loan, your degree and BVN will be the collateral
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by CzarChris(m): 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Well managed universities have endowment fund. It is too bad that Unilag, Ife, UI, ABU do not have an Endowment fund of N100 billion and above in their 60 years or there about of their existence

We can also get a single digit education loan, your degree and BVN will be the collateral
How can you get anything when the FG swallows every single thing generated by the universities. School fees are paid directly into the single treasury account and is looted from there. Infact, na God hand we dey for this country like this.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by blackpanda: 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
gaskiyamagana:

Fg that his children are enjoying education abroad. Continue to love fg with your children suffering education in Nigeria.

His
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Jman06(m): 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jking20:

Why should they??
These set of lazy people whom schooled almost free during their time, served with free meals with ads and reserved employment after graduation. Now, they're behaving like gods because they're there and their children aren't affected in this ugly situation. In as much as the government is to be blamed, the Union is selfish and politicalized.
Unless you don't care about the plights of millions of Nigerian students at home, you should encourage the government to pay the lecturers.

The combative approach Adamu Adamu is trying to employ is never going to work but would rather complicate the matter. I hope someone quickly advises him against such futile approach before it's too late

Some of you just type without thinking! Assuming he succeeds in sacking the lecturers (which is not even possible in the present circumstance), how do you expect the government to fill the gap? Do you think it's easy to study up to PhD? Let alone becoming a professor

Adamu Adamu should realize that the interest of the public supercedes his personal ego. He should pay the lecturers their salaries and end this strike.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by femeritus: 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
Nigerian Universities DO NOT parade the best brains. Most of those lecturers got the appointment by who they know and not what they know. Only a few actually merit their position. Merely judging by the utterances of the so-called Chairperson of ASUU you can tell the Professor of Soil Science does not sound intelligent. Very arrogant and this is characteristic of lecturers in Nigeria who think they are demi gods. Imagine him calling State universities quacks and instead of apologising, he turned around to say he was referring to only 3 universities. Don't think I'm saying this because I graduated from a State University. I actually graduated from a 1st generation Federal university and had my masters in a 2nd generation Federal University but what the combative ASUU president said is utterly unintelligent.

We are waiting for the lecturers to resign and give way to young, vibrant and adventurous scholars who are roaming the streets without any job simply because they don't know anybody in high places. We don't have a want of them in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Ayodeoba: 3:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

that's a good idea but do you think that is feasible in this country?I have had the opportunity to work in a federal university in lagos,there re many corrupt practices going on underground, should FG grant them the autonomy, school management will use the power to continue exploiting students and there won't be check and balances.
But,how could a student after studying on credits pay back his debts if he couldn't find a job after graduation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Jman06(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
femeritus:
Nigerian Universities DO NOT parade the best brains. Most of those lecturers got the appointment by who they know and not what they know. Only a few actually merit their position. Merely judging by the utterances of the so-called Chairperson of ASUU you can tell the Professor of Soil Science does not sound intelligent. Very arrogant and this is characteristic of lecturers in Nigeria who think they are demi gods. Imagine him calling State universities quacks and instead of apologising, he turned around to say he was referring to only 3 universities. Don't think I'm saying this because I graduated from a State University. I actually graduated from a 1st generation Federal university and had my masters in a 2nd generation Federal University but what the combative ASUU president said is utterly unintelligent.

We are waiting for the lecturers to resign and give way to young, vibrant and adventurous scholars who are roaming the streets without any job simply because they don't know anybody in high places. We don't have a want of them in Nigeria.
I am sure you did not watch that interview he had with AriseTV. I watched the program and the ASUU president never generalized the state universities. He only referred to UNIOSUN, EKSU and KWASU. He then cited KASU as example of the schools where attempts to truncate the strike failed.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by zikter(m): 3:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
shortIGBOman:

You are definitely one of those Peter Obi's supporters. They criticize the Government no matter what good the government did.
Continue wailing. The Students themselves are tired of those criminal ASUU.

NO WORK NO PAY.
Fvck ASUU
I am just a patriotic citizen calling out the most corrupt bunch of thieves masquerading as leaders. May be you are a benefactor of the corrupt system that has taken our dear country to a new low. We will still be here when the clueless government will pay them their salaries. As it is with them, they are always confused in decision making.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:
How can you get anything when the FG swallows every single thing generated by the universities. School fees are paid directly into the single treasury account and is looted from there. Infact, na God hand we dey for this country like this.

Universities should tell government that they will be responsible for at least 70% of their salaries. Unfortunately most Universities can't generate 30% of their recurrent expenses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Philipsoniel(m): 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
But y not get a skiiill that will earn you money on daily basis using your smart phone

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by rusher14: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:
So I should violate my friends privacy to satisfy your over bloated ego? Like I said I owe you no explanation neither do I owe you anything.

Well, personally I currently have an offer from a Australian Engineering firm which I'm about partnering with as a consultant. I'm currently dotting all the iiis and crossing all the tees. So screw the strike, after my wedding this December God willing, I go leave this country for una.
BTW, in my field we are only about 15 in Nigeria, and we are few worldwide, I know how much in revenue I generate for my university yearly in terms of international students that come to Nigeria for my classes, don't get me started with the IOC staffs that come on short courses here, I know my worth dude, so goodluck.

There's no privacy with lecturers.

A whole facult if not, campus would know of their departure.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Jking20(m): 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jman06:
Unless you don't care about the plights of millions of Nigerian students at home, you should encourage the government to pay the lecturers.

The combative approach Adamu Adamu is trying to employ is never going to work but would rather complicate the matter. I hope someone quickly advises him against such futile approach before it's too late

Some of you just type without thinking! Assuming he succeeds in sacking the lecturers (which is not even possible in the present circumstance), how do you expect the government to fill the gap? Do you think it's easy to study up to PhD? Let alone becoming a professor

Adamu Adamu should realize that the interest of the public supercedes his personal ego. He should pay the lecturers their salaries and end this strike.

Maybe you should go and pay them. I can see clearly you're on their side for a reason which is not none to me. But I want to assure you that ASUU will soon get their match. Useless and selfish union bewildered with betrayal. Because some uni pulled out, they're now quacks universities. God will see to this very soon.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Jman06(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jking20:

Maybe you should go and pay them. I can see clearly you're on their side for a reason which is not none to me. But I want to assure you that ASUU will soon get their match. Useless and selfish union bewildered with betrayal. Because some uni pulled out, they're now quacks universities. God will see to this very soon.
Did you even watch that interview the ASUU president had with AriseTV? I watched the interview and he never generalized the state universities. He only referred to UNIOSUN, EKSU and KWASU while he cited KASU and Gombe state university as examples of schools where attempts to truncate the strike by government failed.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Universities should tell government that they will be responsible for at least 70% of their salaries. Unfortunately most Universities can't generate 30% of their recurrent expenses

An organisation whose stock in trade is knowledge, research and innovation should not have problem raising funds for their running cost if they are offering functional and pragmatic education that are relevant to the society, government and business world.

Managers of universities that are not creative and innovative enough to strategically get funds for their running cost ought to be sacked.

Late Professor Akin Adesola built the Senate building of UNILAG in 1984 at a cost of N15 million, using internally generated funds and donations from the alumni and the private. If someone could do that 40 years ago, I see no reason why universities should be complaining about funds in 2022

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ayodeoba:
that's a good idea but do you think that is feasible in this country?I have had the opportunity to work in a federal university in lagos,there re many corrupt practices going on underground, should FG grant them the autonomy, school management will use the power to continue exploiting students and there won't be check and balances.
But,how could a student after studying on credits pay back his debts if he couldn't find a job after graduation

If you know you won't get a job after your degree, then one might not need to get an education loan.

At least those who got subsidized or free education in Nigeria are japaing

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by femeritus: 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jman06:
I am sure you did not watch that interview he had with AriseTV. I watched the program and the ASUU president never generalized the state universities. He only referred to UNIOSUN, EKSU and KWASU. He then cited KASU as example of the schools where attempts to truncate the strike failed.

I watched it and read the transcripts too. Why should he label even if it's just one school quack just because they pulled out of the strike? Do you know where the ASUU President teaches? Find out and you'll know why I said it was not smart of him to call any University quack not when his own University is even worse in standard. By his definition, a quack University is the any University that pulls out of the strike.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Jman06(m): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
femeritus:

I watched it and read the transcripts too. Why should he label even if it's just one school quack just because they pulled out of the strike? Do you know where the ASUU President teaches? Find out and you'll know why I said it was not smart of him to call any University quack not when his own University is even worse in standard. By his definition, a quack University is the any University that pulls out of the strike.
He was wrong to have used the word "quack". I think the man spoke out of anger on that interview.
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jman06:
He was wrong to have used the word "quack". I think the man spoke out of anger on that interview.

Frustrated men are angry men
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Kobicove(m): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
CzarChris:

Would you prefer that school fees be paid into an account that is controlled by the VC of the school so he and his/her cohorts can loot it? grin
Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by Vitally123: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike by ABBEYsammy01(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
My brother is planning to Japan too, Nigeria don tired everybody...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Appeal Court Orders ASUU To Call Off Strike / Ahmad Idris Kareka Graduates With 1st Class From Shenyang University Technology / High Rate Of 200 And Above In This Year's Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.