Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,743 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain (440 Views)

Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man / "They're Not Competent": I Won't Vote Atiku Or Obi If I Weren't Running - Tinubu / Sheik Gumi: Onslaught Against Bandits Can Turn Nigeria Into Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by ExAngel007(f): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP),
says if elected president, he would turn Nigeria’s brain drain
to gain.

Obi is currently in abroad interacting with Nigerians in
diaspora ahead of the 2023 general elections.

“Brain drain” is a situation in which large numbers of
educated and very skilled people leave their own country to
live and work in another one where pay and conditions are
better.

In a series of tweets on Wednesday, the former Anambra
governor said the country is yet to fully harness the huge
benefits of its citizens living abroad.

He said beyond their vital roles of sending foreign remittances back home, the diaspora were increasingly critical in advancing technology and skill transfer, strengthening democracy, opening up global supply chains, trade and foreign direct investment, education and research, as well as healthcare delivery.

“As we explore ways and means of tapping in on technology
transfer from the diaspora, we will also explore ways of
reversing the enormous brain drain that has been debilitating for our country,” he tweeted.

“Like India, Nigeria, should be able to tap her huge diaspora
human resource to ensure technology transfer home. We will trigger every known technological and knowledge transfer initiators. Nigeria’s brain drain will be turned into brain gain.”

According to him, it will take only one “visionary leadership
and disruptive thinker” for Nigeria to be put back on the right trajectory.

He said with a robust diaspora support, his administration
would accomplish this feat, if elected.

“First, with $20 billion in remittances in 2021, Nigeria ranks
6th behind the top five recipient countries. Expert assessments are indicative that given the huge Nigerians in diaspora population, the country has the potentials of receiving from the diaspora, annual remittances of about $60b, which translates to about 14% of our total GDP,” he added.

“I see diaspora remittances as the new normal and becoming Nigeria’s Official Development Assistance (ODA). In 2021 Nigeria’s foreign direct investment (FDI) was a paltry $4.8 billion compared to diaspora remittances.”

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-if-elected-president-i-would-turn-nigerias-brain-drain-to-gain/amp

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
I so much believe that the Peter Obi government will bring smile and prosperity to all Nigerians

I so much believe in this man

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
I believe in you sir

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Zonefree(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
Peter Obi is doing Nigerians a big favour by contesting. We're all indebted to Peter Obi.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Moh247: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin

I just hope we verify his statistics and find any lies he won't turn around to blame Tinubu or abuse anybody

We have data of all foreign direct investment and know what Anambra State made since he governerned till date, even his 8years data is available .. we also have data of Lagos , Ogun, Oyo, Delta, Kano, Kaduna and Rivers State

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Zonefree(m): 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:
grin

I just hope we verify his statistics and find any lies he won't turn around to blame Tinubu or abuse anybody

Your shaky shaky pampers wearing daddy promised to send us all to Nigeria Army and feed us with Agbado and cassava. God forbid BAT thing!

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Moh247: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by SmartPolician: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
$20 billion in remittances? That's a lot!

It's beginning to make sense why there will continue to be tens of thousands of empty houses people don't occupy in Nigeria. Those people are more interested in building houses they don't live in than investing in Nigeria.

So, Obi should do more in helping the diaspora community invest this money so they can create jobs in the country even without coming back home. (I saw a video where he told them how to do that).

Peter Obi will make an awesome president!

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by izikgiren(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
Promise to be ObiDient and Yusfu...
2023YouthsDecide.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by tsdarkside(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
all we hear from politicians is always will will....

although they are already in goverment,they wait till they are president to do something....
as if you have to become president to do something....

a president is even more limited sef....
Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by tsdarkside(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:
Peter Obi is doing Nigerians a big favour by contesting. We're all indebted to Peter Obi.

are you mad....??
am not indebted to any human being....

swerve joor....
Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Christistruth00: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
Peter Obi is an IPOB Project

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Moferere: 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
He keeps making promises without telling us the HOW
Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Zonefree(m): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
tsdarkside:

are you mad....??
am not indebted to any human being....

swerve joor....
Self denial is the first step of mental imbalance.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Horus(m): 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Do not wait for a Politician to come and create employment. Light the entrepreneurial flame so that we can make every
village self-reliant and every district economically prosperous
Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by tsdarkside(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Zonefree:

Self denial is the first step of mental imbalance.

speak for your own self....

stop been silly....
you think i would kiss tinubus feet....??

be reasonable....
Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by slivertongue: 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2022
NIGERIA deserves better. APC is a reinforcement of failure.
Re: Peter Obi: If Elected President, I Would Turn Nigeria’s Brain Drain To Gain by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
This peter obi is one pretentious motherfvcker that’s why i can’t support him. i visited Anambra when he was the governor and the idiot couldn’t even transform Anambra and he wants to rule naija. Obi is a clown

(1) (Reply)

We Need The Photos Of The CURRENT SITUATIONS Of Peter Obi’s Physical Projects / Peter Obi Has Made History In Nigeria / Tinubu Pablo Escobar- NDLEA, APC, INEC, Justify Your Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.