Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man (26994 Views)

"They're Not Competent": I Won't Vote Atiku Or Obi If I Weren't Running - Tinubu / I Will Stop Supporting Peter Obi If I See His Picture Inside This Place.(photos) / Your Son Has Returned - Tejuoso Makes U-turn As Buhari Meet Senators In Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Ofunaofu: 6:17am On Jan 10, 2023
…says ordinary Nigerians will be my employers

The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Mr. Peter Obi has said those pushing the narrative that he was stingy were those who feel threatened by his commitment to enforce fiscal discipline in the use of public funds.

He debunked claims that he was stingy by nature.

Obi said this while speaking as a special guest in a programme at the Human Rights Radio popularly called Berekete Radio, in Abuja, on Monday.

Obi explained that the perception about him being stingy is his fiscal discipline in the management of public funds and those who lose out in the blockage of waste consider this as being stingy.

According to him, ordinary Nigerians have critical roles to play in the selection process of who governs this country and they can only do that through their Permanent Voters Card.

The LP Standard bearer said he is seeking to be hired by the real owners of Nigeria- the ordinary downtrodden citizens of this country who have suffered hardships in the midst of plenty.

He said he is seeking office because he wants to build a new Nigeria where the populace are secure and productive.

Obi also took time to explain to the listeners why it was important that the antecedent of all applicants should be considered before an applicant is considered for job placement.

The former Anambra State Governor used the opportunity to take listeners through his resume in the public and private sectors, said that having done it well in the past, he is well equipped to do better being the most qualified of all the candidates.

He said, “Saving money is not in the constitution of Nigeria but my Presidency will change our sharing mentality to saving and production mentality.“

On the issue of corruption, Obi promised that if elected, he will draw the line and face the future as he would not close shop to chase thief although he noted that the looters would not be allowed to go free.

He equally described nepotism as a huge corruption especially when leaders pick unqualified persons who maybe of the same family with him and allocate land and contract papers to them.

Obi disagreed with a questioner that when people enter office like President or Governor the office changes them, instead he said that money and power expose who such persons really are.

The candidate further explained that Northern Nigeria is the nation’s new gold mine and oil this, he explained can only become a reality when the right people like himself and his running mate, Dr. Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed are given the chance to unlock Nigeria’s potential.

He said, “The poverty in the country can only be tackled through production and it’s only through it crimes and criminalities can be reduced. Those bandits are factory workers who are doing nothing.“

Speaking about the thorny issue of the Biafra agitation, Obi declared that “the Biafra war ended 52 years ago and that is the position. I am a Nigerian and running for President as a Nigerian.

“If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn but I am in the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired based on my track record, competence and capacity.”

He expressed regret that Nigerian leaders have not shown sufficient compassion for the plight of the ordinary people they govern.

Obi described such people “are annoying God by turning grace into entitlement.“

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/my-fiscal-discipline-mistaken-for-stinginess-peter-obi/

293 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:24am On Jan 10, 2023
That's for sure. Unfortunately Nigerians can really be terrible.

Same people praying for a better country. Same people hailing corrupt politicians throwing stolen money at them. Same people taunting good politicians who refuse to steal their money. They even go as much as discussing good politicians who refuse to steal enough as failed politicians because they could not become flamboyantly rich after holding an exalted position.

But you painfully drive bad roads everyday. you fear for your live being cut short everyday. You queue long hours to buy fuel at N400 per liter. You pray to JAPA from your fatherland.

We Nigerians should change our mentality.
A vote for Obi is a vote for a better future.
Those who taunt Obi for not throwing money around are pure EVIL.

Note: The subject of this story was changed by the moderator. Initial subject " Obi said they mistake his strictness to stingyness"

499 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by PrinceOfLagos: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2023
You performed excellently well for your people as governor and I trust you will lead Nigeria to the path of prosperity for all

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

On your mandate we stand sir

492 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by PrinceOfLagos: 6:28am On Jan 10, 2023
E mi Lo'kan and his useless and foolish urchins will be ruled over by Peter Obi wether they like it or not

406 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Ofunaofu: 6:28am On Jan 10, 2023
What is really happening to nairaland

The Caption says;
My fiscal discipline mistaken for stinginess — Peter Obi

Here is the link;
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/my-fiscal-discipline-mistaken-for-stinginess-peter-obi/

But a tribal bigot of a Mod that push it to the front page changed and twist the caption to ;
Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man

Seun, what is going on here

477 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Wickedfact: 6:28am On Jan 10, 2023
Finally, he has stolen the Emilokan line. No wonder he waited for Tinubu to release manifesto so he could copy.

Obi is a daft copycat bereft of ideas and lacking in integrity.

Meanwhile, since those demented twins Psquare performed in front of empty plastic chairs in PH, I've never seen them in any of Obi's rally again. They collected their own disgrace and other Obidogs will collect theirs in February.

105 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by handsomeyinka(m): 6:28am On Jan 10, 2023
You Say What?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Atarakpa: 6:28am On Jan 10, 2023
Who are you to say if is by turn is you. What will Rochas and uzodimma say
?

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Aufbauh(m): 6:28am On Jan 10, 2023
It can only be Obi's turn only if he's contesting for the President of Biafra.

In Asari Dokubo's word: how many times will they tell you that Nigeria is not for you?

It's Tinubu we know!

79 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Skyfornia(m): 6:29am On Jan 10, 2023
May we never make another mistake that will last another 4 years. Peter Obi is the right man for this job.

163 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by socialmediaman: 6:29am On Jan 10, 2023
“If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn but I am in the race as a Nigerian wishing to be hired based on my track record, competence and capacity.”

This was the full statement, for the headline readers

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by wakaman: 6:29am On Jan 10, 2023
grin
Hell this guy is a pro biafrian apologist.

No to Biabiafra, no to biabiafrans.

No be by biabia.

No to whining peter

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by CalabarPikin: 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023
Fact

He's qualified all way round

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by handsomeyinka(m): 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023
Wickedfact:
Finally, he has stolen the Emilokan line.

Dont mind him...His puppets will come and defend this Emilokan soon.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by aariwa(m): 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023
Yes it’s now a matter of weeks. Can’t wait to celebrate you Mr President, just like God used Peter to rebuild the church, he is using you to rebuild a Nigeria destroyed by political locusts. Yours is a divine mandate president Peter Obi

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Offpoint1: 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023
grin Naso Obi, since dem wan craze make we follow dem craze.

After Obi turn, na my turn.... I'm entitled to ASO ROCK.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by zedegit: 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Skty: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Urchins go wet for this post. Yes it's the turn of Obi, it's the turn of the East. We have 3 major tribes and the East hasn't done their turn

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Chelseanababa(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Biafra president... As a Yoruba Christian, i'm BATified. Jagaban lokan

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Dbegining: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Watch how aome people will come and twist this in 3...... 2........1
Go!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Wali84: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
E mi Lo'kan and his useless and foolish urchins will be ruled over by Peter Obi wether they like it or not

in which country

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by fasmukol: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2023
This guy never cease to amaze me.
After investing state money into personal business, you are here claiming you are fiscally disciplined.

Only God knows the person wey do your juju for you, because if your zombie followers know what you did to them when you were governor, they supposed to dey stone you.

But it seems there is no cure for zombiesm.

Abeg, don't stress yourself quoting me because I no dey fight pigs.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by id4sho(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Copyright infringement angry.

We will not take it

On another note: He's looking stressed and washed out. Old don dey show for him body, 2023 no b do or die kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by mach7(m): 6:31am On Jan 10, 2023
Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by bhella10: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Pipe dream. Nigerians have rejected you!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Onyeigbo10000: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2023
APC destroyed Nigeria and you are still supporting them, when una go get common sense.

My pvc is only for Peter obi cuz I want a better Nigeria that will benefit everybody.

31 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Aremwayne: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2023
I am voting you because I want a better Nigeria and inshaAllah you will win. cool

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Jesuschristus: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Peter obi can't win its getting clearer by the day

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by tooth4tooth: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Some people that roasted Tinubu for using the word emilokan will still jump into this thread to eulogize Obi for saying It is my turn grin

My point is everybody is free to use any slogan. Afterall it is the turn of anybody willing to contest.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Houstency(m): 6:32am On Jan 10, 2023
I join in the prayers of Bishop Samuel Olumakinde Alawode, " that man you want to vote for, may your children have his character IJN, Amen. that man you're rooting for on social media, may your grand and great-grand children have his destiny, IJN, Amen. May they act and behave like him, Amen. Whoever you vote for, all their destinies good or bad come upon your children, IJN, Amen. Don't cast your vote for anyone your heart cannot tell you is a picture of our future, if you do so, you're bringing a curse upon your children"... Can I get a resounding , AMEN!! Our leaders are a reflection of we the masses, elections have consequences, do not be misled by paid agents! Say Amen once more, lol.
Meanwhile read the contents of the pics an Agbado urchin is celebrating on another thread as trending lol

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by Elidrisy20: 6:32am On Jan 10, 2023
The same thing tinubu said

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: If The Presidency Is By Turn, It Is my Turn As An Igbo Man by OldNairalander(m): 6:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Attends Labour Party's NEC Meeting In Abuja (Pictures) / There’s No Human Being Who Is 100% Clean, EFCC Chair Replies Matawalle / Complete List Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.