Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98378 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 2:19am On Nov 21, 2022
autologic:

try to open a new thread for your question and we insightfully look at it together
You still dey here? cheesy
Longest time
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Aladiautos(m): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hello
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2022
Aladiautos:
Hello
Hi
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by SeyiJayden(m): 7:41am On Nov 22, 2022
Good morning, nice job so far.

I drive a civic 06, changed engine and gear in July. Now I feel the gear is slipping because my car is slower, high revs when descending from a bridge, doesn’t drive well at a stop and go.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2022
SeyiJayden:
Good morning, nice job so far.

I drive a civic 06, changed engine and gear in July. Now I feel the gear is slipping because my car is slower, high revs when descending from a bridge, doesn’t drive well at a stop and go.

Okay, did you recently changed the transmission fluid of this car or has it been changed before?

First advice I give is scan car for codes, if any present then post it here. If none is present, change transmission fluid (use genuine Honda DW-1) and observe it’s behavior.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by SeyiJayden(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2022
kingreign:

Okay, did you recently changed the transmission fluid of this car or has it been changed before?

First advice I give is scan car for codes, if any present then post it here. If none is present, change transmission fluid (use genuine Honda DW-1) and observe it’s behavior.

No sir upon installation I used oando dextron 3 up till now, but I’ll do as you’ve suggested sir, would you advise I change the transmission filter as well
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2022
SeyiJayden:

No sir upon installation I used oando dextron 3 up till now, but I’ll do as you’ve suggested sir, would you advise I change the transmission filter as well
Yes pls.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by omuyaa(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2022
I bought a 2006 Honda accord, the D keep blinking, and once the car is on motion, the ac works perfectly well, but once it slow down and ac is on the car will go off, is it possible that is bad brain box?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2022
omuyaa:
I bought a 2006 Honda accord, the D keep blinking, and once the car is on motion, the ac works perfectly well, but once it slow down and ac is on the car will go off, is it possible that is bad brain box?
I don’t know what made it behave so.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by RuneKingThor: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2022
omuyaa:
Scan the car and post the codes here.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tabisegroup(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2022
Greetings!!

Please my Toyota Camry 1997/1998 is giving me headache. If I park the car in an open space where there's direct sunlight or if I drive it for let's say close to an hour, the mileage digits will clear off, disappear and the gear will no longer select until I drive to where there's shade and park for an hour before the mileage digits comes up again. If not, i will just be firing gear one all along.

What's the solution please?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
tabisegroup:
Greetings!!

Please my Toyota Camry 1997/1998 is giving me headache. If I park the car in an open space where there's direct sunlight or if I drive it for let's say close to an hour, the mileage digits will clear off, disappear and the gear will no longer select until I drive to where there's shade and park for an hour before the mileage digits comes up again. If not, i will just be firing gear one all along.

Stop driving it under direct sunlight. grin
Have that car checked by a competent electrician. I can not tell what the solution is pls.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 1:19am On Nov 25, 2022
tabisegroup:
Greetings!!

I remember researching this extensively when I had this issue with my Avalon

Check here: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t17828_ds549663

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYo1dfHK_s

Changing the ceramic resonator did work, if you find a proper electrician to fix it. Else, just buy a new Guage cluster.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hustlersdiary: 8:55am On Nov 25, 2022
Good morning sirs, my 2017 Honda Accord V6 engine stalls whenever I press the brake coming to almost a complete stop, it mostly happens when I'm on low speeds like 10-30km/h, scan only brings p2272 code. Mechanic cleaned the injector saying it was the issue but nothing has changed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:11am On Nov 25, 2022
frebor:

Changing the ceramic resonator did work, if you find a proper electrician to fix it. Else, just buy a new Guage cluster.

Thank you brother for this post. I just learnt something new. We need more positive inputs like this.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:14am On Nov 25, 2022
Hustlersdiary:
Good morning sirs, my 2017 Honda Accord V6 engine stalls whenever I press the brake coming to almost a complete stop, it mostly happens when I'm on low speeds like 10-30km/h, scan only brings p2272 code. Mechanic cleaned the injector saying it was the issue but nothing has changed.
P2272 code refers to O2 sensor bank 2 sensor 2 lean. I suggest you have a competent technician diagnose the car properly to find the cause of low speed stalling.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hustlersdiary: 10:00am On Nov 25, 2022
kingreign:

P2272 code refers to O2 sensor bank 2 sensor 2 lean. I suggest you have a competent technician diagnose the car properly to find the cause of low speed stalling.

Okay sir, thanks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kchris007(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2022
My Honda Civic 2005 jerks when it's shifting gears and just yesterday I heard whinning sound while I was driving and the gear refused to shift.
However, when the car attained operating temperature it shifted noiselessly and smoothly.

I also noticed that there is a crack on my gear case at the point where the gear is mounted and is leaking oil from there (the top)

Please can someone advice me on what the issue is and what to do?

I am really bothered.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:17am On Nov 25, 2022
kchris007:
My Honda Civic 2005 jerks when it's shifting gears and just yesterday I heard whinning sound while I was driving and the gear refused to shift.
However, when the car attained operating temperature it shifted noiselessly and smoothly.

I also noticed that there is a crack on my gear case at the point where the gear is mounted and is leaking oil from there (the top)

Please can someone advice me on what the issue is and what to do?

I am really bothered.
Gauge your transmission fluid, if it’s low,
get the broken part fixed or replaced, then top up with DW-1 ATF till appropriate level.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Zeewirld: 1:42am On Nov 26, 2022
My gearbox was worked on..The fibers were changed ,and after that I observed that it takes time to select and accelerates after traveling for some hours. I am confused as to what could be wrong.

In addition, someone suggested replacing the gear from 13 pins to a 10 pins . What is your take on that? What is your experience with such conversion and the implications.

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:51am On Nov 26, 2022
Zeewirld:
My gearbox was worked on..The fibers were changed ,and after that I observed that it takes time to select and accelerates after traveling for some hours. I am confused as to what could be wrong.

In addition, someone suggested replacing the gear from 13 pins to a 10 pins . What is your take on that? What is your experience with such conversion and the implications.

Thanks

Replace with similar type that was installed in your car from factory

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by seanfer(m): 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2022
kingreign:

Replace with similar type that was installed in your car from factory

Good day Chief... My 2006 AZ engine Camry rpm is very low. I have changed the throttle body same issue, even when the mechanic put paper somewhere in the gas pedal the rpm will rise for some minutes and it will go back very low. This makes the car to vibrate.. what else can we check please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2022
seanfer:

Good day Chief... My 2006 AZ engine Camry rpm is very low. I have changed the throttle body same issue, even when the mechanic put paper somewhere in the gas pedal the rpm will rise for some minutes and it will go back very low. This makes the car to vibrate.. what else can we check please
Scan car and post codes. Pls no allow mechanic to kazeemize your car abeg.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by seanfer(m): 6:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
kingreign:

Scan car and post codes. Pls no allow mechanic to kazeemize your car abeg.

No error code.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
seanfer:

No error code.
Any breakage in the air intake?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olenyi: 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2022
tabisegroup:
Greetings!!

frebor:

If the above advice doesn't work, then carry out this simple test.

Park it under the sun again so as to make the speedometer to go blank. Then on a free road, accelerate until your RPM goes past 3 (3000), if the gear jerks and changes to gear 2 and then starts selecting perfectly, know that the culprit is the gear speed sensor Or the wiring is cut/not firm.

It sits on top the gear body towards the Driver.

See image below for how it looks.

Have your technician change it and all will be well with your car. Have had a personal experience with sane vehicle.

Warm regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:46am On Nov 27, 2022
olenyi:

If the above advice doesn't work, then carry out this simple test.

Park it under the sun again so as to make the speedometer to go blank. Then on a free road, accelerate until your RPM goes past 3 (3000), if the gear jerks and changes to gear 2 and then starts selecting perfectly, know that the culprit is the gear speed sensor Or the wiring is cut/not firm.

It sits on top the gear body towards the Driver.

See image below for how it looks.

Have your technician change it and all will be well with your car. Have had a personal experience with sane vehicle.

Warm regards.
I’m really learning from you guys. Thanks for your invaluable inputs here.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kolly9ja(m): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
kingreign:

I’m really learning from you guys. Thanks for your invaluable inputs here.
Bro please do you have contact of good gear seller in Lagos ( RX330).
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by seanfer(m): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
kingreign:

Any breakage in the air intake?

The mechanic said there’s no leakage on the intake. This is frustrating. Do you have any good technician you can recommend in PH?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ManAdii: 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
seanfer:

The mechanic said there’s no leakage on the intake. This is frustrating. Do you have any good technician you can recommend in PH?
I have someone really good at his Job in PH. If you wouldn't mind I can share his contact details.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
kolly9ja:

Bro please do you have contact of good gear seller in Lagos ( RX330).
No sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
seanfer:

No sir, I don’t but ask for someone’s contact from @ manadii

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.