Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98197 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by valarinz: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
CaptainAyub:

Arinze,you wan join wire boys? grin

We are all "wire boys", ma Oga 😀
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by okenwa216(m): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2023
Toyota Tacoma 2011 upgraded to 2022 for sale. Leather seat. Double rear camera, tokunbo standard. Buy and drive…..truck.car

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Trinity33(m): 11:43am On Feb 14, 2023
kingreign:

Get a competent technician to check the discs of damaged, replace with a genuine part. Use good quality brake pads too.

A machanic check and said nothing was wrong with the disk, he said it’s the ABS. I also noticed that when ever the ABS light comes up the problem stops
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingstel(m): 12:47pm On Feb 14, 2023
Please what does this function mean?
At colored image attached.

It can turn left to right.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kingstel:
Please what does this function mean?
At colored image attached.

It can turn left to right.
It’s to change the flow of air.
Dragging it to the left is to allow for recirculating of air, dragging the stalk to the right is to allow for the cabin to take in fresh air from inside and expel the air already inside the cabin.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:07pm On Feb 14, 2023
Trinity33:

A machanic check and said nothing was wrong with the disk, he said it’s the ABS. I also noticed that when ever the ABS light comes up the problem stops
Kindly scan the ABS system. Carry out a life scan on the ABS wheel speed sensor and the steering angle sensor. Do and post the result here.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Buchika: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
kingreign:

Clear, drive some days, and rescan
I did as you said. I scanned again and got the following code
P0171
P0141
P0325
P0330
P1349

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingstel(m): 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
kingreign:

Dragging it to the left is to allow for recirculating of air, dragging the stalk to the right is to allow for the cabin to take in fresh air from inside and expel the air already inside the cabin.
Ok, but which is the best position?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:35am On Feb 15, 2023
Buchika:
I did as you said. I scanned again and got the following code
P0171
P0141
P0325
P0330
P1349

Change the OCV solenoid, The Knock sensors and their wires and O2 sensor facing the firewall in the vehicle.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:37am On Feb 15, 2023
Kingstel:

Ok, but which is the best position?
It depends on what you desire. Usually, just before I pass thru a polluted, smoky, smelly or dusty environment I switch to recirculating mode and after I’ve passed thru, I switch to Fresh air intake.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingstel(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2023
kingreign:

It depends on what you desire. Usually, just before I pass thru a polluted, smoky, smelly or dusty environment I switch to recirculating mode and after I’ve passed thru, I switch to Fresh air intake.
Ok, thanks.
Please, for either left or right, are there no effects on the AC performance as I prefer using AC always?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kingstel(m): 8:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
kingreign:

Please what do these red and yellow signs represent?

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:52am On Feb 17, 2023
Kingstel:

Please what do these red and yellow signs represent?
Yellow light are check engine light and electric power steering system malfunction lights,
Red are battery charge and oil pressure warning lights

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 7:31am On Feb 17, 2023
Good morning Kingreign

I've been having P0012 error for months on my corolla 2009.

Slows to accelerate and feels like it's dragging.

All efforts to fix the code has proved abortive so far.

What could be the issue?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:16am On Feb 17, 2023
alaricsaltzman:
Good morning Kingreign

I've been having P0012 error for months on my corolla 2012.

Slows to accelerate and feels like it's dragging.

All efforts to fix the code has proved abortive so far.

What could be the issue?

Good morning sir,
Did your technician check to ensure power goes into the intake vvt-i solenoid harness?
If yes, did you replace the VVt-I solenoid?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dannyair(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
Camry 2008, the dashboard sign of low engine oil pressure keep coming up when driving most especially whenever I match brake pedal the alarm will be ringing showing red triangular sign. I have change the oil seal and do other necessary servicing yet the low engine oil pressure keep popping up

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by quinSonia(f): 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2023
kingreign:

Good morning sir,
Did your technician check to ensure power goes into the intake vvt-i solenoid harness?

Good morning bros

My VENZA car ba3 usually dies after every 5/6days then I have to restart it with a Neigbor own

Is this normal
The car is not even up to a month ?

They suggesting that I should get a new ba3?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:

Good morning bros

My VENZA car ba3 usually dies after every 5/6days then I have to restart it with a Neigbor own

Is this normal
The car is not even up to a month ?

They suggesting that I should get a new ba3?

If your battery is not weak, then it’s not normal. You probably have a weak battery or a parasitic battery drain.

Have it checked by a competent technician. If you’re in abuja, contact me on 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by quinSonia(f): 1:37pm On Feb 17, 2023
kingreign:

If your battery is not weak, then it’s not normal. You probably have a weak battery or a parasitic battery drain.

Have it checked by a competent technician. If you’re in abuja, contact me on 07034581213

I’m not in Abuja
I’m in delta
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
quinSonia:

I’m not in Abuja
I’m in delta

Send message to me via WhatsApp
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by prevail23(m): 12:00am On Feb 18, 2023
kingreign:

Good evening bro, I would like to link up with you tho, my Honda EOD makes a loud "Gbim" noise when i engage the gear on "grin", then when accelerating the car jerks foward once when the gear changes to the next one, this thing started the same day I changed my front and back engine seats..what could be the problem?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:54am On Feb 18, 2023
prevail23:
Good evening bro, I would like to link up with you tho, my Honda EOD makes a loud "Gbim" noise when i engage the gear on "grin", then when accelerating the car jerks foward once when the gear changes to the next one, this thing started the same day I changed my front and back engine seats..what could be the problem?

Until the car is checked properly then one can define what’s wrong but I believe the mounts were the reason for the challenge.
If you’re in Abuja, contact me 07034581213

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by alaricsaltzman: 8:13am On Feb 18, 2023
kingreign:

Good morning sir,
I've not replaced it yet.

How does he check?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hoyinmide(m): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2023
Good morning.
Recently after driving my car for few mins it’s overheat and the radiator water escapes from the reservoir tank beside the radiator!

Please what might be the cause ??

It has been scanned the thermostat is okay.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hoyinmide(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2023
Model of the car is
Acura TL 09
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2023
hoyinmide:
Good morning.
Recently after driving my car for few mins it’s overheat and the radiator water escapes from the reservoir tank beside the radiator!

Please what might be the cause ??

It has been scanned the thermostat is okay.
A mechanical thermostat don’t pop up malfunction codes. I suspect your radiator cap is defective replace it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:50am On Feb 19, 2023
dannyair:
Camry 2008, the dashboard sign of low engine oil pressure keep coming up when driving most especially whenever I match brake pedal the alarm will be ringing showing red triangular sign. I have change the oil seal and do other necessary servicing yet the low engine oil pressure keep popping up

if your oil is at the right level you got 3 suspect things to investigate

1 your oil pressure sensor

2 the oil pump its self

3 any clogging on the oil stainer
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Okonyeleo(m): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2023
I drive toyota corolla 06 my gear engages on reverse but doesn't move but move properly on drive. What could be the cause?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:22am On Feb 19, 2023
Okonyeleo:
I drive toyota corolla 06 my gear engages on reverse but doesn't move but move properly on drive. What could be the cause?
I don’t know what could be the cause. Scan the car and post codes. However, bear in mind, the transmission may need to be replaced.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hoyinmide(m): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2023
Is it okay to remove thermostat from an ACURA TL 09 that keeps over heating
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
hoyinmide:
Is it okay to remove thermostat from an ACURA TL 09 that keeps over heating
Is the thermostat faulty?
Yes or No?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by hoyinmide(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2023
kingreign:

Is the thermostat faulty?
Yes or No?

It is faulty !

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.