Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99858 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:14am On Apr 11, 2023
Ombudsman1:
HI, MY 2018 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER AC BLOWS SO DAMN COLD AND MADLY CHILLING EVEN AT THE LOWEST SETTING. WHAT COULD BE THE REASON GUYS? TOO TOO COLD 🥶

I RECENTLY UPGRADED NA SO THE CAR DEY BE?
drive for 20mins, then turn the temperature dial to the RED zone and turn the fan to the highest, e get wetin I wan check.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CHIGIM: 8:15am On Apr 11, 2023
kingreign:

Where is the car located?
You need a competent technician to handle that vehicle as it’s engine is a complex type.
Am in delta state asaba town
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:38am On Apr 11, 2023
CHIGIM:
Am in delta state asaba town
But what was done to the car that made it to start behaving in such manner?
Scan and post codes here so we can remotely assist you fix this
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CHIGIM: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2023
kingreign:

But what was done to the car that made it to start behaving in such manner?
Scan and post codes here so we can remotely assist you fix this

I scanned and got p0113 code intake air temperature sensor 1 high.
I have cleared it.
But the car is just off immediately after start
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2023
CHIGIM:

I have cleared it.

Replace IAT sensor and Air intake cleaner.

NB: pls ensure your ECM and IAT wiring harness isn’t compromised and when replacing the sensor, ensure a good tokunbo part or brand new part is used.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CHIGIM: 10:45am On Apr 11, 2023
kingreign:

NB: pls ensure your ECM and IAT wiring harness isn’t compromised and when replacing the sensor, ensure a good tokunbo part or brand new part is used.
Thank a lot.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by blendz4real(m): 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Greetings,

My Toyota Camry 07 gear casing gets slightly hot after 1hr continuous driving.

What could be responsible for this?

Also what ATF should I use to change the oil?

Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
blendz4real:
Greetings,

My Toyota Camry 07 gear casing gets slightly hot after 1hr continuous driving.

What could be responsible for this?

Also what ATF should I use to change the oil?

Thank you

How do you mean your gear casing gets slightly hot after 1hr of continuous driving?
How did you find out this?
Isn’t your car drive train meant to get considerably hot due to friction and heat?
Does it in anyway affect the car drivability?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
With Ac and brake pressed while on DRIVE, rpm drops to 500 and car shudders.

Aside this, car drives well.

Honda Accord 2007.

Any advice?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
Originakalokalo:

With Ac and brake pressed while on DRIVE, rpm drops to 500 and car shudders.

Aside this, car drives well.

Honda Accord 2007.

Any advice?
Check vacuum hoses, check brake booster, check throttle body.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
kingreign:

Check vacuum hoses, check brake booster, check throttle body.

I have cleaned throttle body.

I have checked vacuum hoses.

Brake booster? I didn't check that.

I have a mini scanner.

I will contact you for diagnosis, if I can afford it....
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by smartistics(m): 2:30pm On Apr 11, 2023
The IAT sensor is bad if the shut down the engine after clearing, you can as well check for broken wires around the harness.
CHIGIM:

I have cleared it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by smartistics(m): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2023
LOL.. maybe he thought the tranny should be cold while the engine runs hot.
kingreign:

How do you mean your gear casing gets slightly hot after 1hr of continuous driving?
Isn’t your car drive train meant to get considerably hot due to friction and heat?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2023
smartistics:
LOL.. maybe he thought the tranny should be cold while the engine runs hot.

Local mokalik is in shock shaaa.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2023
smartistics:
The IAT sensor is bad if the shut down the engine after clearing, you can as well check for broken wires around the harness.

Most times, that IAT sensor fails because of clogged intake air cleaner which starves the sensor of adequate cold air supply.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by David50: 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ombudsman1:
HI, MY 2018 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER AC BLOWS SO DAMN COLD AND MADLY CHILLING EVEN AT THE LOWEST SETTING. WHAT COULD BE THE REASON GUYS? TOO TOO COLD 🥶

I like this your problem😅
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CHIGIM: 6:26am On Apr 12, 2023
smartistics:
Am also getting code p0135 too
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
What could make a car to fail to start then remove the battery and it start
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
Sirchiboy:
What could make a car to fail to start then remove the battery and it start
I dunno o. Pls have a competent technician check it carefully.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kreamie(m): 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
commot the compressor make I buy am
Ombudsman1:

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by blendz4real(m): 7:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
kingreign:

Thanks bro. I was just curious and scared when I noticed this from placing a hand on the transmission casing.

How about the ideal fluid? It's been 3years and never has the ATF been changed.

Thank you in anticipation of your response again.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
blendz4real:

Thanks bro. I was just curious and scared when I noticed this from placing a hand on the transmission casing.

How about the ideal fluid? It's been 3years and never has the ATF been changed.

Thank you in anticipation of your response again.
Have a competent technician drain and refill the transmission with same volume of ATF. Ensure he used genuine Type WS
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tony360: 11:03pm On Apr 12, 2023
Good evening, pls
1. my corolla 2006 shows error code p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold when scanned. How can I fix it.
2. The fog light and parking light always stay on when the engine is running. Is there a way to switch it off at interval.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:38am On Apr 13, 2023
tony360:
Good evening, pls
1. my corolla 2006 shows error code p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold when scanned. How can I fix it.
2. The fog light and parking light always stay on when the engine is running. Is there a way to switch it off at interval.
P0420 needs a tokunbo or genuine brand new catalytic converter or you go the cheaper route of installing a spacer.

For the lights, have your electrician check it,

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CHIGIM: 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
kingreign:

Please what's an ECM
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
CHIGIM:

Please what's an ECM

Brainbox

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ArticleBeast: 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2023
Originakalokalo:

I have cleaned throttle body.

I have checked vacuum hoses.

Brake booster? I didn't check that.

I have a mini scanner.

I will contact you for diagnosis, if I can afford it....

Were you able to solve this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
ArticleBeast:

Were you able to solve this?

Not yet.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by justdollars: 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Good day car gurus. Thanks for all the assistance here.

My Honda Accord 07 doesn't revv beyond 3000rpm. Again if I step on the clutch pedal forcefully for fast acceleration, the car will be jerking and when I release my foot, car drives fine if I press pedal gently.

Cars idles fine. No jerking while idle only jerks when I forcefully step hard on the pedal. What could likely be the challenge?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2023
justdollars:
Good day car gurus. Thanks for all the assistance here.

My Honda Accord 07 doesn't revv beyond 3000rpm. Again if I step on the clutch pedal forcefully for fast acceleration, the car will be jerking and when I release my foot, car drives fine if I press pedal gently.

Cars idles fine. No jerking while idle only jerks when I forcefully step hard on the pedal. What could likely be the challenge?

Scan and post codes here. Looks like someone’s VTC solenoid or sensor Is out.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chrispapi11(m): 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hi Bosses,

When I put on my Ac and I'm driving my car feels heavy when I accelerate what could be the cause.

Secondly, when the Ac is on and working cold it just blows hot and later it gets cold again.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by justdollars: 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thanks sir, pls what's VTC? Is it the camshaft or crankshaft sensor? I recently replaced it. What I can't confirm is if the sensor is very ok even though it's working. I'll scan and drop code 2moro sir.

kingreign:

Scan and post codes here. Looks like someone’s VTC solenoid or sensor Is out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (130) (Reply)

Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) / In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.