Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99956 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by haywhy59(m): 6:57am On Apr 15, 2023
Goodmorning, good work you are doing, my honda accord 2008 shuts off while driving , this happened yesterday, immediately it shuts off, I start ,it works again, No CEL.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2023
haywhy59:
Goodmorning, good work you are doing, my honda accord 2008 shuts off while driving , this happened yesterday, immediately it shuts off, I start ,it works again, No CEL.

Pls stop driving that car on public roads unless a competent technician checks and correct such malfunction.

If you are in abuja, contact me for a thorough diagnosis.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by haywhy59(m): 7:28am On Apr 15, 2023
kingreign:

Pls stop driving that car on public roads unless a competent technician checks and correct such malfunction.

If you are in abuja, contact me for a thorough diagnosis.

I'm not in Abuja bro, I'm in lagos, what could be the problem, because I tried to scan the car, nothing comes out as no check engine light
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:30am On Apr 15, 2023
haywhy59:

I'm not in Abuja bro, I'm in lagos, what could be the problem, because I tried to scan the car, nothing comes out as no check engine light
I don’t know the problem unless I or a competent technician checks it
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by haywhy59(m): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2023
kingreign:

I don’t know the problem unless I or a competent technician checks it

Can you recommend any honda technician in lagos
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CHIGIM: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2023
kingreign:

Brainbox
wow.
Thanks for the help but finally the problem was the fuel rail pressure sensor
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2023
haywhy59:

Can you recommend any honda technician in lagos
No
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by DynamicR: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2023
Please I drive a corrola 2005/2006, but it has been giving issue. It usually goes off when I am accelerating and might not start again after sometime. First of all, it will not accelerate and then it will just stop.

Note:
I have changed plugs, serviced noozle and also changed fuel pump.

This problem still remains. All the mechanic I have met do not have solutions to it, and even car electricians too are also confused.

Please help me so that I can use the car without this frustration.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
DynamicR:
Please I drive a corrola 2005/2006, but it has been giving issue. It usually goes off when I am accelerating and might not start again after sometime. First of all, it will not accelerate and then it will just stop.

Note:

This problem still remains. All the mechanic I have met do not have solutions to it, and even car electricians too are also confused.

Scan car post codes
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dionpholly(m): 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2023
Good day everyone, pls am having issue with my corolla 2007 car,,, i just changed the back engine seat, but the issue am having now is that, the body of the car starts shaking when the car is on reverse.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
dionpholly:
Good day everyone, pls am having issue with my corolla 2007 car,,, i just changed the back engine seat, but the issue am having now is that, the body of the car starts shaking when the car is on reverse.
Re-check ALL engine and transmission mounts. Also, ensure you use genuine brand new or correct tokunbo mounts.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by DynamicR: 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2023
kingreign:

Scan car post codes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2023
[quote author=DynamicR post=122538222][/quote]

Clear codes, drive for some days and accumulate over 50km distance, then rescan and post codes you got.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:23pm On Apr 15, 2023
CHIGIM:
wow.
Thanks for the help but finally the problem was the fuel rail pressure sensor
if it were the fuel rail pressure sensor, it would had popped up a code related to that sensor.

In all, I’m glad your car has been fixed and it’s back on the road.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by CHIGIM: 8:26am On Apr 16, 2023
kingreign:
if it were the fuel rail pressure sensor, it would had popped up a code related to that sensor.

In all, I’m glad your car has been fixed and it’s back on the road.
Yes it did my brother but the technician said it's not the problem since its starting and offing.
Ha but thank God am good nw.

I used a different fuel pressure sensor from the one i removed but it still work.
Please o hope its wont cause me another problem.
D first picture is the one i removed for the car.
While the second in the one the car is using correctly.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:30am On Apr 16, 2023
CHIGIM:

Yes it did my brother but the technician said it's not the problem since its starting and offing.
Ha but thank God am good nw.

I used a different fuel pressure sensor from the one i removed but it still work.
Please o hope its wont cause me another problem
Hope you erased the codes?
Drive it for a while and observe.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 9:37am On Apr 16, 2023
kingreign:

Prior to the shredding of your previous belt, was your car experiencing battery drain and startability issue?
If yes, you need to probe further to find the fault, if no, have the alternator voltage checked when car is running on idle with:
1. Battery voltage before starting of vehicle,
2. one terminal disconnected,
3. both battery terminal connected,
4. battery terminals connected and all electrical loads turned on
5. Battery voltage after engine is turned off and terminals disconnected for 1 hr.

Use a digital multimeter with its dial at 20V and test then revert back with the voltage readings at the above tests.

Sorry I haven't reported back on this. I was able to do this with a colleagues multimeter yesterday. We set the dial at 20V. I did three out of all you listed here.

We tested the battery first of all with multimeter while the car was off. I got a reading of 12.70V.

Then I switched on the car and the multimeter gave a reading of 14.16V.

Then I switched on everything in the car. Headlamps, airconditioner, radio and the reading was 14.07V.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2023
vivalavida:

Sorry I haven't reported back on this. I was able to do this with a colleagues multimeter yesterday. We set the dial at 20V. I did three out of all you listed here.

We tested the battery first of all with multimeter while the car was off. I got a reading of 12.70V.

Then I switched on the car and the multimeter gave a reading of 14.16V.

Then I switched on everything in the car. Headlamps, airconditioner, radio and the reading was 14.07V.

Your car running voltage normally should read between 13.2-14.8V so this rules out alternator. Have you checked your ELD (electronic load distribution) relay?

Also, whenever you can start your car, pls drive it for over 50km distance and scan.

Hope your car fuse or ecm has not been tampered with?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 10:08am On Apr 16, 2023
kingreign:

Your car running voltage normally should read between 13.2-14.8V so this rules out alternator. Have you checked your ELD (electronic load distribution) relay?

Also, whenever you can start your car, pls drive it for over 50km distance and scan.

Hope your car fuse or ecm has not been tampered with?

Nothing has been changed in my car fuse region. I hav not even had any issues that will warrant anyone touching my fuses. And I am always present when my carvis worked on.

I will do as you asked and revert. I mentioned it to my my mechanic and the rewire there said it might be my kick. That I should monitor it further. I have not had a kick starter problem before and hence don't know the symptoms.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2023
vivalavida:

Nothing has been changed in my car fuse region. I hav not even had any issues that will warrant anyone touching my fuses. And I am always present when my carvis worked on.

I will do as you asked and revert. I mentioned it to my my mechanic and the rewire there said it might be my kick. That I should monitor it further. I have not had a kick starter problem before and hence don't know the symptoms.

It’s not out of place to check your starter motor also.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by vivalavida(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2023
kingreign:

It’s not out of place to check your starter motor also.

Ok, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
DynamicR:

Note:

have you done diagnosis? a failing crankshaft or camshaft position sensor may be causing this. when you replaced fuel pump, was it the complete pump that was replaced or just the pump motor
corollas are too simple in design for to be having a hard time hard time troubleshooting.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
justdollars:
Good day car gurus. Thanks for all the assistance here.

My Honda Accord 07 doesn't revv beyond 3000rpm. Again if I step on the clutch pedal forcefully for fast acceleration, the car will be jerking and when I release my foot, car drives fine if I press pedal gently.

Cars idles fine. No jerking while idle only jerks when I forcefully step hard on the pedal. What could likely be the challenge?

scan first. fuel rail pressure could be low which the fuel pump could be responsible
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
chrispapi11:
Hi Bosses,

When I put on my Ac and I'm driving my car feels heavy when I accelerate what could be the cause.

Secondly, when the Ac is on and working cold it just blows hot and later it gets cold again.

don't understand your message
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2023
haywhy59:

do you notice if this happens when you hit a bump or pothole while driving. car shutting off with no check light can be a sign of failing ECM(brainbox)
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dionpholly(m): 11:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
My 2007 Toyota corolla, indicate bake on dashboard, but the brake is working properly, also the Noise from the Silencer is wider, ie louder, but i think this is due to the unavailable of the catalyst, but what could be the possible solution to make the Silencer more cool. Because the speedometer guage isn't up to zero, before acceleration and if I increase the slow, the Noice from the Silencer will increase higher again.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2023
dionpholly:
My 2007 Toyota corolla, indicate bake on dashboard, but the brake is working properly, also the Noise from the Silencer is wider, ie louder, but i think this is due to the unavailable of the catalyst, but what could be the possible solution to make the Silencer more cool. Because the speedometer guage isn't up to zero, before acceleration and if I increase the slow, the Noice from the Silencer will increase higher again.
Have a panelbeater weld fix that broken exhaust.
As for your ‘brake’ warning light, check if your Brake fluid is up to level, check parking brake switch and check foot brake sensor.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2023
Brake light and power steering light in dashboard. Steering stiffs and hard to turn .
Lexus RX 350 2011.
Please what could be the problem my Bosses?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2023
josephsm823:
Brake light and power steering light in dashboard. Steering stiffs and hard to turn .
Lexus RX 350 2011.
Please what could be the problem my Bosses?

Scan and post codes so we know what to advise.

Did you recently work on the steering or did you recently swim?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2023
kingreign:

Scan and post codes so we know what to advise.

Did you recently work on the steering or did you recently swim?
Yes I enter mud water.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by haywhy59(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2023
lyort:

do you notice if this happens when you hit a bump or pothole while driving. car shutting off with no check light can be a sign of failing ECM(brainbox)

Thanks for your reply bro, bad fuel pump was the culprit.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
josephsm823:

Yes I enter mud water.
Waaaahaaaaalaaaaaaa!

Well, get your car scanned to we know what to advise better

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (130) (Reply)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / Can One Ever Jumpstart An Automatic Car Just Like A Manual Car? / Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.