Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98418 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mophor: 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hello everyone, I am using a 2006 Toyota corolla, I observed that whenever I apply little brake,there is a sound that emanate from the wheel at d front of the driver side. The sound is so annoying that I feel reluctant to apply brakes when needed. I've changed the brake pad and brake disc but no changes. Pls car gurus, I need ur suggestions.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2023
Mophor:
Hello everyone, I am using a 2006 Toyota corolla, I observed that whenever I apply little brake,there is a sound that emanate from the wheel at d front of the driver side. The sound is so annoying that I feel reluctant to apply brakes when needed. I've changed the brake pad and brake disc but no changes. Pls car gurus, I need ur suggestions.

If you’re in Abuja contact me. If you’re outside Abuja, get a good mechanic check it carefully.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mophor: 8:32am On Apr 28, 2023
kingreign:

If you’re in Abuja contact me. If you’re outside Abuja, get a good mechanic check it carefully.

Thanks sir, but I'm outside Abuja,please what could be the possible cause sir?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2023
Mophor:

I can’t tell what is the possible cause because I haven’t checked the car.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by belloabd1914(m): 9:49am On Apr 28, 2023
Good Morning Good People,

Accord 13, we just changed gear box but still not moving as it should.

Diagnosis was done and this codes came up

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ObaPhilipson(m): 11:57am On Apr 28, 2023
Good house. I drive a 2005 Honda Civic. i have been using for 3years now without major issue. Just yesterday, i noticed if i drive it in the morning, it picks well but after about 3km to 4kmof driving, it starts to struggle to move till it stops moving. If it cools down, same thing happens again. Pls what could be the problem and possible way out of it. Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2023
ObaPhilipson:
Good house. I drive a 2005 Honda Civic. i have been using for 3years now without major issue. Just yesterday, i noticed if i drive it in the morning, it picks well but after about 3km to 4kmof driving, it starts to struggle to move till it stops moving. If it cools down, same thing happens again. Pls what could be the problem and possible way out of it. Thank you

Scan your engine and transmission and post codes let’s assist you remotely solve this issue.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theredaddy: 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2023
kingreign:

Scan your engine and transmission and post codes let’s assist you remotely solve this issue.

Hello, i have an honda pilot, the engine block is leaking around the block wall facing the pipe that takes coolant to the engine,

i contacted a mechanic that used Rocket glue to patch it but it is still leaking badly

somene said i should try an alunmium welder to weld it, is that recommendable and can they weld it without bringing the engine down

what do you advise
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
theredaddy:

Hello, i have an honda pilot, the engine block is leaking around the block wall facing the pipe that takes coolant to the engine,

i contacted a mechanic that used Rocket glue to patch it but it is still leaking badly

somene said i should try an alunmium welder to weld it, is that recommendable and can they weld it without bringing the engine down

what do you advise

I don’t know what to advise because I haven’t seen or assessed the block to know what’s happening sir.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Itsrm(m): 6:27am On Apr 29, 2023
Mophor:

Are you sure it's coming from the front. Those brake linings at the rear can cause myriad of noises when they wear out.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mophor: 6:57am On Apr 29, 2023
Itsrm:

Are you sure it's coming from the front. Those brake linings at the rear can cause myriad of noises when they wear out.
It's from the front sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theredaddy: 7:45am On Apr 29, 2023
kingreign:

I don’t know what to advise because I haven’t seen or assessed the block to know what’s happening sir.

i want to post the picture but nairaland no gree am upload
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 11:51am On Apr 29, 2023
Mophor:

Check wheel bearing and brake caliper
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Mophor: 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
lyort:

Check wheel bearing and brake caliper
Done so sir,I was told I'll have to change the hub completely with the caliper and bearing
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by WycliffeSMB(m): 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2023
Good evening House.
Can someone please recommend a "Good quality" oil filter for my Honda Odyssey 2001?

The ones I saw yesterday(Honda brand) in the market are sold for just 1k and I know it's not original so I didn't buy.

I need to service my car ASAP!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2023
WycliffeSMB:
Good evening House.
Can someone please recommend a "Good quality" oil filter for my Honda Odyssey 2001?

The ones I saw yesterday(Honda brand) in the market are sold for just 1k and I know it's not original so I didn't buy.

I need to service my car ASAP!

No!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by creolehunt: 11:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
creolehunt:
My Corolla 05 vibrates whenever the AC is turned on and I accelerate. If I put it on Park mode, the vibration reduces drastically.

I have changed the engine seat but it persists. I've had the belt changed, and theres a level of improvement, but the vibration is still there.

A mechanic said it's normal while another said it's a compressor fault. But im wondering how the compressor can be faulty when the AC is chilling.

Kingreign, anyone please help
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2023
creolehunt:

Kingreign, anyone please help

If you’re in abuja, I’d advise you visit me let me observe what’s wrong with it as I can’t place my head as to what’s going on with the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 1:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
Boss Kingreign. I have never bought any car in my life with thermostat and catalyst intact grin sad . Is it possible to reinstall them back? Thank you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
adubam:
Boss Kingreign. I have never bought any car in my life with thermostat and catalyst intact grin sad . Is it possible to reinstall them back? Thank you.

Yes, it is. But check and know the reason why it was deleted in the first place.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2023
kingreign:

Yes, it is. But check and know the reason why it was deleted in the first place.

OK. Naija used. It would always be our weather is too hot and catalyst thieves.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Mophor:

Done so sir,I was told I'll have to change the hub completely with the caliper and bearing
That's what houses the wheel bearing, get a good and competent mechanic to fix that for you.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by slowshow: 8:50am On May 01, 2023
@kingreign
Pls where are you located in Abj?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:08am On May 01, 2023
slowshow:
@kingreign
Pls where are you located in Abj?

Kubwa, 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jpeter1990: 11:40am On May 01, 2023
[quote author=kingreign post=122654238]

Boss on Sat, we were able to trace the noise to compressor pulley. And since am not using the A/c. We changed to a smaller belt which isolated the compressor pulley. And I asked the mechanic to change my engine cover seal since its already leaking oil for a while now which he did, And everything worked well. But today after driving to work the noise is back. The car sound like a diesel engine and new confirmed code is P1346 while pending codes are P0301 and P1349. The car stall and off anytime I slow down. Pls assist with what to do next. The car has being perfect for 3+ years now. No any work on the engine till now.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:01pm On May 01, 2023
[quote author=Jpeter1990 post=122860133][/quote]

Fix misfire if cylinder 1 P0301. Check plug, coil, injector

Then replace the VVT solenoid which causes the rest of the codes
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jpeter1990: 12:10pm On May 01, 2023
kingreign:

Fix misfire if cylinder 1 P0301. Check plug, coil, injector

Then replace the VVT solenoid which causes the rest of the codes
Sir but can that be reason for the noise. And can I drive back home with it?
Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:11pm On May 01, 2023
Jpeter1990:

Sir but can that be reason for the noise. And can I drive back home with it?
Thanks

I dunno the reason for the noise.
Have it checked by a competent technician
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Jpeter1990: 12:12pm On May 01, 2023
kingreign:

I dunno the reason for the noise.
Have it checked by a competent technician
OK thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by honda001: 4:45pm On May 01, 2023
Honda accord 2006 accord jerks at high speed,please what could be the problem.

It look as if the engine is cut off ,then I will need to remove my leg from gas pedal.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2023
honda001:
Honda accord 2006 accord jerks at high speed,please what could be the problem.

It look as if the engine is cut off ,then I will need to remove my leg from gas pedal.

I don’t know what’s the problem, but I think it may be fuel pump. However, pls scan and post codes. We will respond properly.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by xegzil(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2023
Good day Engr,

My car (Corolla 08) has been misfiring and jerking , it was scanned and this code (P0302),
What we have done so far, We change all the plug, we change all the coil, and the nozzles were serviced,
The fuel pump was also changed, And the car still jerks and misfires ,

Pls advice,

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.