Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy (10115 Views)

FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga / #Endsar: Isha Sasey, This lies being Told by Nigerian Authoritie Are Outrageous: / Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by coolestchris(m): 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
Bad
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by kuntash: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2022
So how many una steal ?

Just say the truth ! Thanks
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by faste: 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by kelvinli2(m): 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
Crude oil thief we are given the contract to civilian (Tompolo) same thing will soon happen to insurgents they will give the contract to civilian
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Thanos5555: 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
slivertongue:
it is practically impossible to steal such volume of oil without being detected, Admiral Gambo said, “Let us even briefly analyse this. For instance, 100,000 barrels of crude oil is equivalent to 15,800,000 litres of crude, which requires a five-ton barge making 3,160 trips per day to convey this product out of the creeks.

lollll. am from Niger delta, and am laughing at your post.

am not arguing with you, i guess you and the officer are correct against what ministry under reported.

let me just ask you a question how many routes are there from. kano to kaduna via villages and hills boundary , let say m 5 million or totall uncountable, so i really believe your statement the quantity is too much for millions of youths to carry through different youths at different times a day
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Freelane33(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
Always two sides to a story
Real and fake Audiences divided grin
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by saintruky(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
slivertongue:
it is practically impossible to steal such volume of oil without being detected, Admiral Gambo said, “Let us even briefly analyse this. For instance, 100,000 barrels of crude oil is equivalent to 15,800,000 litres of crude, which requires a five-ton barge making 3,160 trips per day to convey this product out of the creeks.

My brother no listen to the bloody liar there ooo... Revelations made to me few hrs ago by a friend who works offshore shock me... He said u dare not snap, else u lose ur job...
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Elidrisy20: 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
That mele kyari is very stupid
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by sterlingD(m): 3:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
The truth is coming out the theft of crude oil is not only form tapping from broken or vandalised oil pipeline but also from undocumented or under documented crude oil shipped out to point of sales destination.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by skydancer: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
If it's impossible, then the government should tell us what is happening to it because they're the ones reporting that those amount of barrels is missing. Tony Elumelu and co don't work there, they just read their reports and conveyed the information to the public.

FreeStuffsNG:

Buttressing the fact that it is practically impossible to steal such volume of oil without being detected, Admiral Gambo said, “Let us even briefly analyse this. For instance, 100,000 barrels of crude oil is equivalent to 15,800,000 litres of crude, which requires a five-ton barge making 3,160 trips per day to convey this product out of the creeks.

“How do you pass the estuaries with this? So, let’s assume now you even have many barges because of the time required to carry out this product. That means you entirely close the navigable waters heading out to sea, through the estuaries, to embark them or to transit them into a mother vessel that will eventually take them out of the country.

Very intelligent submission.

Even I have been wondering how it is possible.
It is time for FG to probe and investigate all those making these claims and the NA should have a panel to investigate it.
Folks like Austin Avuru, Tony Elumelu, and Zainab Ahmed who have repeated made these claims should be invited and quizzed on those claims. Are they deliberately under declaring their production numbers to cheat shareholders or the navy out to disgrace them.
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by saintruky(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
slivertongue:

According to him;

My brother am telling u currently am at OML tankers ship queue up loading fresh drill crude... Brother completely illegal.. No proper documentation.. Even lifting our crude with sea going barge.. If u snap u will be dismissed. We drill they Haliburton produce and send the crude to a massive stationary FSO that supplies tanker ship.. Nigeria na cruise
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by saintruky(m): 3:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
slivertongue:

My brother if u ask me na who i go ask... Hausa major men we here their names every now and then.. My point is the major oil theft is not at the creeks.. It's on high sea..

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by saintruky(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
Portharcout section of macoba Thursdays are days set aside for Navy whatever they cook on Thursday is for navy.. This country na cruise

Go n verify
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by GamalNasser: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
Buhari boys are brazenly looting our oil revenue and blaming oil theft
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by lordprogress: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
Very simple your men were bribed to let the stolen crude pass easily without even checking that's are corrupt we are as a country.
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by GamalNasser: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
Michelle70:
Tell the government that looting of public funds is outrageous.

The small money Nigeria gets from crude oil was for years stolen by politicians, without finding a means of survival for the masses, now the masses is involved in theft, they are complaining.
our politicians better learn that their actions and inactions directly affects us negatively.

No masses is involved in any tangible oil theft.open your eyes
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by duality(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
A ship got missing in Nigeria.

Nothing is impossible.

100% of Nigerian crude can be stolen, if the right people are involved.
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by GamalNasser: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
saintruky:
Portharcout section of macoba Thursdays are days set aside for Navy whatever they cook on Thursday is for navy.. This country na cruise

Go n verify

Those local refineries can't steal 700 thousand barrels a day
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Michelle70(m): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
GamalNasser:

No masses is involved in any tangible oil theft.open your eyes
u are actually quoting someone that knows about 20people involved in oil theft
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Reasonable4me: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
“This should not be. Some sources also claim that about 200,000 – 400,000 barrels per day are being considered stolen. Most of these claims are definitely outrageous and they are unrealistic,” he insisted.

Buttressing the fact that it is practically impossible to steal such volume of oil without being detected, Admiral Gambo said, “Let us even briefly analyse this. For instance, 100,000 barrels of crude oil is equivalent to 15,800,000 litres of crude, which requires a five-ton barge making 3,160 trips per day to convey this product out of the creeks.
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by baralatie(m): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hmm!
That is a very serious argument
Oil theft on Nigeria waters is different from oil loss through faulty nnpc instruments of measurement
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Reasonable4me: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Reasonable4me:
“This should not be. Some sources also claim that about 200,000 – 400,000 barrels per day are being considered stolen. Most of these claims are definitely outrageous and they are unrealistic,” he insisted.

This man speaks like Peter Obi with facts figures and analysis. What we have is more of oil loss than oil theft

1 Like

Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by GamalNasser: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Michelle70:
u are actually quoting someone that knows about 20people involved in oil theft

That's fringe, the can never steal 700 thousand barrels a day ..that figure is what only the govt and her agents can pull off .
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by brandsoncharlie: 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Moh247:
cool

NNPC and lies

400,000 barrels is a whopping 2000 trucks of Tanker load to understand in terms of liters we are talking 100 litters * 400,000 barrels everyday. Nigeria Navy has denied such

NNPC also told us we spend 18billion on subsidy and the oil is getting smuggled to other African countries... Nigerian Customs have also came out to tell us no such amount of liters of petrol is living Nigeria and if anybody has evidence of the trucks let them post it

It won’t take up to 2000 trucks. ~1555 trucks using big trucks in consideration, maybe for small trucks yeah
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Trojan8(m): 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
When I see analysis like this, albeit basic but it gives me hope that they are still sensible people in Nigeria.

Thank you Admiral Gambo for speaking the truth.
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Trojan8(m): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
duality:
A ship got missing in Nigeria.

Nothing is impossible.

100% of Nigerian crude can be stolen, if the right people are involved.

If only you know how to read, you won't be saying this nonsense. Did you read where he quoted the number of trips that would be required to carry all? How do you maintain such movement per day without being seen? Think for once.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Michelle70(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
GamalNasser:

That's fringe, the can never steal 700 thousand barrels a day ..that figure is what only the govt and her agents can pull off .
politicians and other individuals steal a total of 200k barrels a day.
Re: Oil Theft Figures Are Outrageous & Unrealistic - Navy by Moh247: 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

It won’t take up to 2000 trucks. ~1555 trucks using big trucks in consideration, maybe for small trucks yeah

Well my estimate is based on 33,000 liters truck and my main point is not even Truck smuggling crude oil but NNPC lies we know oil vessels load oil from oil base which NNPC controls yet 400,000 barrels or 1555 tanker loads gets missing every single day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Urges Nigerians To Shun Activities With Unlicensed Financial Operators / [FULL LIST] Ministers And Their Portfolios / Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tackles Junaid Muhammed Over Statement Against Nwodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.