Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! (35050 Views)

Facebook (Lite Version) Is Down / Top 10 Gruesome Murders Committed Because Of Facebook (photos) / Planning To Buy Gionee A1 Lite, Please Advise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by FILEBE(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
It isn't the case

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
I just saw that shit on my screen, clicked on it and the shit directed me to chrome,hope they have not hacked my account
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Kenog4real(m): 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
I have never heard of Facebook Lite in my life. I know of Facebook, Facebook Mobile, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Web. I had never heard of GBWhatsapp if not for being a member here. You Nairalanders with una poverty mentality always use the cheapest and buggiest of options. This is the only place in my life I know of people patronizing Freebasics. Tufia!

In as much I don't want to believe you but do you know GBwhatsapp has millions of user worldwide. Check their Twitter handle and telegram group and you gonna understand. So it's not only in here people sort for apps like that. I've used the Facebook lite before when I was in school all because it takes requires lesser data usage, lesser space consumption but that was then.

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by FILEBE(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2022
CSNg:
Warning to Facebook Lite Users.

I want to post this to spoil the bad market of Scammers and Yahoo Fraudsters who hijack people's Facebook accounts

The screenshots were personally made by me from my account and it was what I experienced this morning.

There seems to be a Háck or bug going on right now and i felt you all should know.

While using your Facebook Lite app, and suddenly you see a popup message that suddenly appears over the app and says "Update your app" You are using an unsupported version of Facebook Lite and a blue button that says "Upgrade Now"....PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON IT OR TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY FILE THAT COMES FROM IT.

It looks so real because you'll see it clearly written that it comes from "Meta" from Facebook but It is a malware (virus) and downloading or trying to update using that prompt means you will lose total access and control of your account.

I saw it and simply used my intuition to rather go directly to the Google Playstore to update the Lite App and after doing that, it was still showing and wouldn't let me make use of Facebook.

What should you do when it happens?

Simply uninstall the Facebook Lite application from your device for the moment and switch to the main Facebook app.

It seems it is only Facebook Lite that the malware is targeting for now.

Don't fall victim!

I need to ask. Are you tech Savy? Your post didn't say anything that suggest someone wants to hack an account. It is not enough

What you stated is a common occurrencewhen deploying apps on playstore. Have you tried updating gokada? Mtn app?

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Youngpo413: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
I have never heard of Facebook Lite in my life. I know of Facebook, Facebook Mobile, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Web. I had never heard of GBWhatsapp if not for being a member here. You Nairalanders with una poverty mentality always use the cheapest and buggiest of options. This is the only place in my life I know of people patronizing Freebasics. Tufia!
Hmmm.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by sprints1: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
don't be a novice I av been using Facebook lite since 2015 and it is not due to amount of data but because I like my things simple and precise but the amount of data I consume in a month no be here and I stopped using Facebook since 2019 cuz it is for old people and the security of the site is a no for me

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by jomarick(m): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
That's not enough to hack an account, simply add two step security to your account.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by aboyj(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
Just happened to me some hours ago,but thatnk God I uninstall imediatly...
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by IbomFinest: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Mine is still working
CSNg:
Warning to Facebook Lite Users.

I want to post this to spoil the bad market of Scammers and Yahoo Fraudsters who hijack people's Facebook accounts

The screenshots were personally made by me from my account and it was what I experienced this morning.

There seems to be a Háck or bug going on right now and i felt you all should know.

While using your Facebook Lite app, and suddenly you see a popup message that suddenly appears over the app and says "Update your app" You are using an unsupported version of Facebook Lite and a blue button that says "Upgrade Now"....PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON IT OR TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY FILE THAT COMES FROM IT.

It looks so real because you'll see it clearly written that it comes from "Meta" from Facebook but It is a malware (virus) and downloading or trying to update using that prompt means you will lose total access and control of your account.

I saw it and simply used my intuition to rather go directly to the Google Playstore to update the Lite App and after doing that, it was still showing and wouldn't let me make use of Facebook.

What should you do when it happens?

Simply uninstall the Facebook Lite application from your device for the moment and switch to the main Facebook app.

It seems it is only Facebook Lite that the malware is targeting for now.

Don't fall victim!

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Lugianostar(m): 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Internet oloshos everywhere?
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by prinsam30: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Pwettylinda:
grin

I don't think they can hack accounts with two steps verification like mine

I wonder too ooo, I never experience anything hacking on my facebook, be it normal or lite
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by sirmondex(m): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Thanks. I experienced the same issue this morning. I quickly installed the App and switched to the main Facebook.
This platform is good man. This awareness is on point.

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Timekeeper452: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Best solution, delete Facebook, uninstall the app. profit.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by phemmyfour: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
They want to use Facebook but cannot buy data

I don't even like the graphics, i uninstalled it immediately when I tried it cos of its size

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Kemadealadire(f): 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
Lol, these scammers won't expend their energy on something useful.

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Khayceeofficial(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
Think I fell prey to this
Imma just deactivate the account for now
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by MilitantAtheist: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
Lol, there are almost a thousand ways to hack Facebook through Facebook Lite app. Especially the accounts of those Yoruba and hausa junkies, always easy to hack. how many accounts mehn don sell trowey for 1k, haha.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Khayceeofficial(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
They want to use Facebook but cannot buy data

I don't even like the graphics, i uninstalled it immediately when I tried it cos of its size

So you use the actual Facebook means you can afford data?

Some of you lots on here are just too silly
Why would a grown hairy ass man be typing like tho using the actual Facebook app impacts your life in any way

Shame on you man if you still spend your days on FB...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Dawn91(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by euniselfyahoo: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
I have been seeing that for some now, thank God I didn't click on it.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by abobote: 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
I don't use Facebook, so I don't give a Bleep
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Stevosty: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
Some Nigerians and false alarm, the problem must be within facebook itself.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Gidagreen(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
False Alarm....It's a real update from Mark himself..... stop giving false information..... people shouldn't mind this over Sabi guy, update your app....the update is on play store and it's not malware

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by DharmieDhrey(m): 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2022
This isn't hacking or whatever.. Facebook lite was updated, it is a beta version so it came with a bug, which is the pop up that keeps telling you to update your app.. It has been fixed..

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by statesman6: 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
Nobody's hacking anybody's account Biko. The error is from Facebook

2 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by LienwaltAbel(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
If not for my stubborn refusal to upgrade grin
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by sonofElElyon: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
mbahdi:
Werey
Same appeared today and already followed the upgrade instructions.and nothing happened to my Facebook.

grin
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
I have all apps off mobile connection so when I click links like that by a mistake I have nothing to worry because Facebook is not connected to the internet iphone it also means no local network access as well save yourself from stress if you delete some of these apps your network bars get stronger sef twitter was even DDosing my network has to install another app and pay per month in my village they say na free Dey open person nyash well well
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by phemmyfour: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
Khayceeofficial:

So you use the actual Facebook means you can afford data?

Some of you lots on here are just too silly
We what a grown hairy ass man is typing like tho using the actual Facebook app impacts your life in any way

Shame on you man if you still spend your days on FB...
Illiterate
Facebook isn't for viewing pictures alone. It's a marketplace but without data...how would you have known

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by emmyluizzz: 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
I have hacked like 19 accounts....I hope to get like 50 by Friday

op why you do me this thing...leave us hackers make we jolly
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by mannasseh(m): 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
[quote author=Krak post=116231875]

It happened to me too and after I updated Facebook lite directly from playstore, I discovered it was still giving me the fake alert then I knew something was fishy, so I just ignored.

I just logged into Facebook lite now and everything seems to be back to normal. are your updates and uploads still there cos mine has cleared
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Tayosteve(m): 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ah!! It happened to me this morning, I did it and my Facebook is still working perfectly well. I hope I'm safe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AfriOne First To Deliver N-Power Devices (Photos) / Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18k-n25k? / How To Root Your Tecno N3 And P3 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.