Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning (19534 Views)

EFCC Arrests Ogun Assembly Speaker, Olakunle Oluomo / Olakunle Oluomo Elected Speaker, Ogun House Of Assembly / Olakunle Oluomo Emerges Speaker Of Ogun State Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by politicoNG: 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7310622/efcc-arrests-ogun-assembly-speaker#116249578

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has flown the arrested Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Olakunle Oluomo, to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, for questioning, The PUNCH reports.

As reliably gathered, the embattled lawmaker is currently onboard an Abuja-bound aircraft over alleged misappropriation and embezzlement of funds

An impeccable source within the anti-graft agency confirmed the development to our correspondent on Thursday.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that the EFCC arrested the Ogun Speaker at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, in the early hours of Thursday at about 09:00 am.

The source added that Oluomo had earlier failed to honour official invites by the anti-graft commission.

The EFCC National and South-West spokespersons, Mr Wilson Uwujaren and Mr Dele Oyewale, did not take their calls nor responded to WhatsApp and text messages from our correspondent on Thursday.

A member of the Ogun State House of Assembly representing the ruling All Progressives Congress, who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity, however, confirmed the situation.

He said, “The information you got is correct. Our speaker was arrested by operatives of the EFCC earlier this morning. From what I gathered, he was alleged to have been involved in misappropriation and embezzlement of funds.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/arrested-ogun-speaker-flown-to-abuja-for-questioning/%3famp

2 Likes

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by PandoraObi: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
If he is guilty, he should face the consequences

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Cholls(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Godided:
Oga o
My brother how high

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Tb222(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Krublog(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
With taxpayers money I suppose.

He should be made to pay for both his flight and that of the EFCC operatives.

I don't know on what charges or allegations he was picked up but I can swear with my life, that guy Oluomo or whatever his name is, is a corrupt, pilfering, thieving, two-faced, mother-"F"ing public officer with a case to answer before the law!!!

5 Likes

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by judecares1(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
The PDP VP candidate remains d worse governor in the history of Nigeria
how can a governor derive joy in non payment of pensioners there entitlements since 2015 till date not to talk about the welfare of workers in the state, is delta state not rich enough? yet he keeps on borrowing upon borrowing and nothing to show for it in the state
i pity any Nigerian youth or elderly once who is supporting this useless man but all what i know for sure that Okowa wont end well,God will destroy him, God will use the cry of the unjust in state to judge him

5 Likes

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Olalan(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
All this gimmicks don't fool wise people again but unfortunately Nigeria is filled with lots of no too smart people who understand the game played.
The fight against corruption is a joke, even people found guilty by the courts get pardoned.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Bar1941(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
He actually looks like a big thief though looks alone is not adequate to conclude.

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by simplelad(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Good start. Let him defend himself if he's not guilty. Corrupt people
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by kunleiky(m): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
Na wa for this people o
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by datola: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
Is he MC Oluomo's brother?
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Honchoslim16(m): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
That sh!t be script, ahahahaha!
Ayy, Baby, I told you, bruh, do you hear me?
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Antoeni(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
All Oluomo Are Hardened Criminals
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Ballzproblem2: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
g
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by GboyegaD(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
Let's hope it's not some political witch hunting as I have lost hope in the EFCC a long time ago.
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Antoeni(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
Criminals, Are The Tinubu Structure

2 Likes

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by princeemmma(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
I feel this man is a fraud

From the beginning of time that he has occupied that post, i don't see him worthy and he has not been doing anything meaningful so far for us in Ogun State

If he is found guilty, they should move him to Kirikiri straight

3 Likes

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by flejnr2(f): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
What’s his offense if I may ask
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Kagd10: 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
smiley
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Kaiser20: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
The fat Oluomo guy inherited looting from the APC Baba himself, naa dem dem members of the support group

1 Like

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
Ogun and fraud. The whole cabinet ought to be invited for questioning.
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by olisaEze(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
Pls this question is only for NCAN NL Branch, is dis speaker related to MC Oluomo?? grin
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by joeseflopez: 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2022

Get this amazing zealottt speaker with amazing bass, long hours of playtime, 60w capacity, sleek aesthetics.

Best Zealottt Speaker of the Year

One year warranty

Call or whatsapp

Pay on delivery Nationwide

1 Share

Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by onuman: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
politicoNG:
https://www.nairaland.com/7310622/efcc-arrests-ogun-assembly-speaker#116249578

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/arrested-ogun-speaker-flown-to-abuja-for-questioning/%3famp

Did he embezzle the funds of Abuja or in Abuja?

Why flow him to Abuja where the alleged offense was not committed?
Arewa and love for unitary government system does not respect the norms of a federal system of government.
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Mcbayo(m): 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2022
[quote author=Krublog post=116261029]With taxpayers money I suppose.

He should be made to pay for both his flight and that of the EFCC operatives.

I don't know on what charges or allegations he was picked up but I can swear with my life, that guy Oluomo or whatever his name is, is a corrupt, pilfering, thieving, two-faced, mother-"F"ing public officer with a case to answer before the law!!!

[/quote take it easy
Re: Olakunle Oluomo: Arrested Ogun Speaker Flown To Abuja For Questioning by Humblesam(m): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
The issue is that this set of criminals no dey easily enter kirikiri.
If them steal 2 Bn naira, court go tell am to bail himself for 50 million at most..
So after all d noise, u go dey see d guy somewhere in Europe or America dey flex. Naija na just cruise.
God help us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From Father's Day Celebration In Aso Villa / Security Chiefs Meet In Lagos Over Okada Ban / EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.