Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,519 members, 7,861,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:21 PM

Vulnerability Is The Primary Cause Of Rape And Murder. What's The Secondary..? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vulnerability Is The Primary Cause Of Rape And Murder. What's The Secondary..? (238 Views)

Uwa Omozuwa: UNIBEN Students Protest Against Rape And Murder Of Student / Three Nigerians Arrested In Ghana Over The Kidnap And Murder Of A 2-year-old Boy / Man Arrested For Plotting The Kidnap And Murder Of His In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vulnerability Is The Primary Cause Of Rape And Murder. What's The Secondary..? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
Yes,as human beings, we've all been vulnerable at some points in life. Infact, being vulnerable is a normal thing. Kindly take time to read further and understand.
To those of you who share a room with a sibling or a friend, when you are awake and your friend is asleep, that friend of yours is vulnerable to you.
When you are a pastor in the church, your church members are vulnerable to you.
When you are in a gathering and you aren't harmed with weapons, you are vulnerable to any attack
When you are walking alone in the night, you are vulnerable to being raped.
When a younger relative is put in your care, that relative of yours is vulnerable to you.
When you go to the hospital to visit a gynaecologist, you vulnerable to that doctor
When you have a bestie whom you trust to the extent of changing your dress in his presence or passing the night in his lodge, you are vulnerable to him.
When you board a taxi or you mount a bike, you are vulnerable to the driver.
If there's someone whom you believe everything he/she says, you are vulnerable to that person.
AND THE LIST GOES ON.
The truth of the matter is,we can't totally avoid being vulnerable cos we are social beings but THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND A RAPIST IS THAT, YOU DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S VULNERABILITY.
So, that's where two words come in;
TRUST AND CONSCIENCE
We don't take advantage of people's vulnerability because we wouldn't want to betray the trust. It takes years to build trust but five mins to shatter it into pieces.
Now CONSCIENCE. When you board a Taxi, I believe you don't trust the person. I mean,you don't know him,so I don't expect you to trust the person.
So, in this instance, you may not be able to bank on the person's trust but you can bank on his conscience cos we believe every human has a conscience.

It's important to note that these two words are sometimes thrown away. There are various reasons people lose their conscience. Some of them are Indoctrination and and life experiences.
Indoctrination- For some reasons best known to me,I don't want to go into that.
Life Experiences- Now, it was confirmed that most rapists and molesters we see today were once victims themselves. The problem is they couldn't handle the urge, they didn't pray about it,they didn't talk to a therapist. They just carried on like that till it led them astray.
Therefore,I dere say that
RAPE IS A VICIOUS CYCLE
Call it rape apology if you want,it doesn't change the fact up there.
People who are greedy tend to betray people's trust in them.

IN CONCLUSION, THE PRIMARY CAUSE OF RAPE AND MURDER IS VULNERABILITY WHILE THE SECONDARY CAUSE IS, PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S VULNERABILITY.

I HOPE I'VE MADE SENSE TO SOMEONE WHOSE JUDGEMENT ISN'T BASED ON EMOTIONS.
wink

Cc: OAM4J Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Kwara policemen brutalise UNILORIN undergraduate, victim hospitalised / Tencent / Woman Dies While Chasing Her Husband And Side Chick In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.