Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It (55129 Views)

Abuja Wines And Liquor Wholesale/retail / Seriously! When Will This Guy Drink This Cup Of Tea Or Agbo / Truck Carrying Bottles Of Drink Goes Up In Flames In Warri Area Of Delta. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Sijo01(f): 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2022
What's wrong with the name undecided
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by GerogeI(m): 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Google would have been a great help to you.

Gay, originally meant Carefree, joyful, light hearted. The term gay laugther is still used today.

At somepoint it became a reference to a cassanova. Man who slept with lots if women. Later it changed to mean man that patronised prostitutes, and even prostitutes themselves. All these are twitching on the carefree life style definition.

Around 1920 is when homosexuals started refering to themselves as gays- in their secret communities. Meaning they careless. Gradually the rest of us caugth on the term. Its an urban definition. In strict English, Gay means light hearted, carefree, joyous, like a sunshine girl.

So a 17th century drink did not mean homosexuals by Mount Gay. Thats probably the name of an actual place.

Apparently there is history:
Mount Gay Rum is named for Sir John Gay Alleyne, 1st Baronet of Four Hills. He was a trusted friend of John Sober, who purchased the Mount Gilboa Plantation/Distilleries from William Sandiford in 1747. Sir John Gay Alleyne agreed to become the manager of the company at John Sober's request. Sir John Gay Alleyne was so effective at leading the company, and earned such a widely respected reputation internationally as a business manager and community leader, that the company was renamed in his honour after his death in 1801 at the proposal of his longtime friend John Sober, whose estate benefited greatly over the years under Sir John Gay Alleyne's effective management.

Yes people answer Gay, from Guy, from Guy Fawkes

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by demmie1: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
See waste of thinking capacity.
So drinking label named gay means you could be gay?

Gay also mean lighthearted and carefree person, apart from homo. Learn to use a dico
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Revolva:
I was at a popular large shopping mall, somewhere in Lagos , yesterday, for some shopping and i decided to head down to the drinks section of the store, only to discover this drink with a weird name "Mount Gay"

Hahaha, this drink brand name is weird, As the body holding this drink and enjoying it may be a suspected gay person by other people..

Am just suggesting, that you know how people of today are always curious about one's sexuality.

How much is it? Make I know if the price is right for me to sell
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by demmie1: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
GerogeI:
Google would have been a great help to you.

Gay, originally meant Carefree, joyful, light hearted. The term gay laugther is still used today.

At somepoint it became a reference to a cassanova. Man who slept with lots if women. Later it changed to mean man that patronised prostitutes, and even prostitutes themselves. All these are twitching on the carefree life style definition.

Around 1920 is when homosexuals started refering to themselves as gays- in their secret communities. Meaning they careless. Gradually the rest of us caugth on the term. Its an urban definition. In strict English, Gay means light hearted, carefree, joyous, like a sunshine girl.

So a 17th century drink did not mean homosexuals by Mount Gay. Thats probably the name of an actual place.
Thanks for lesson
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Och77(m): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Leave watin them write for motor, enter motor

1 Like

Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by AJSfan: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
yetmao:

They stole rainbow. Now person cannot use rainbow colours do anything with pure conscience
grin grin
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by SKIBiNSKI(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2022
AJSfan:
Gay actually means Happiness before the Lgbt community stole the name
Absolutely! i didn't know anyone would know this on Nairaland.. you are vastly knowledgeable. cheesy
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Ransomtheking(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
SMGGroup:
That drink is imported. No Nigerian company will brand their product with such name.

maybe the op took that pic outside Nigeria cause I can see price tag in euros

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by meobizy(f): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
Yiyemo4865e:
Gsgsgs
Gay sex. Gay sex. Gay sex.
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Karleb(m): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
No way.

I enjoyed Marvin Gaye song though.
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by OkorobiaOwerre(m): 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2022
Gay also means light-hearted and carefree.
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by miqos02(m): 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
AJSfan:
Gay actually means Happiness before the Lgbt community stole the name
true

1 Like

Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Osariemen12: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Why not? I just finished taking WET PUSSY.
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Umunze1stSon(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
SALLYBERRY01:
FTC, I dedicate this to money121 , number ___ roofing company in Nigeria
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Kolaboluv7(m): 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
[quote author grin=Revolva post=116291243]I was at a popular large shopping mall, somewhere in Lagos , yesterday, for some shopping and i decided to head down to the drinks section of the store, only to discover this ;Ddrink with a weird name "Mount Gay"

Hahaha, this drink brand name is weird, As the body holding this drink and enjoying it may be a suspected gay person by other people..

Am just suggesting, that you know how people of today are always curious about one's sexuality.[/quote]

You’re a joker.. wetin concern name and to high.

Come if na play stop am..
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Iko5000: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
This is a popular drink , has nothing to do with Gay, gay is normal word before they stole it . Just like rainbow
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Streetmovement(m): 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

We dey consume everything and anything as long no be poison
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Banhammy717: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
It's a sin to drink alcohol, whatever name it bears.
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Machinegun91(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
As long as e go make bura gallant
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by AJSfan: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
Absolutely! i didn't know anyone would know this on Nairaland.. you are vastly knowledgeable. cheesy
thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Maxxim: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
Muslims dey drink Christian Brothers cheesy
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by amakanancy(f): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
I guess it's the other meaning of gay - CHEERFUL
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by perdollar(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Sbdy is called Tyson Gay! Should he b ashamed of his name?
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by AsawanaDgreat: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
I go drink am wela
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by ruffbam(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
There was a man called "Gay Lussac"
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by lomprico(m): 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Revolva:
I was at a popular large shopping mall, somewhere in Lagos , yesterday, for some shopping and i decided to head down to the drinks section of the store, only to discover this drink with a weird name "Mount Gay"

Am just suggesting, that you know how people of today are always curious about one's sexuality.

Gay is a name before it was linked to homosexual.
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by Soukiss(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by gasparpisciotta: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
What’s in a name?
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by sprints1: 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
As far say na shayoo dey inside

Shayoo is life.....which ever brand name it comes with we don't care...

Na after men eye don dirty self before men go come raise the bottle observe am well begin argue as if say them nor first see am from the beginning

Bros op what about that alcohol called "three penis wine"
What about "skirt"
sure man I sight you. Shayo na shayo forget name
Re: Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It by sprints1: 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
lomprico:

Gay is a name before it was linked to homosexual.
like the late Marvin gay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Snake I Killed At My Sister's Site Today / Meet Your Favourite Nairalander / Huge Python Killed In A Village In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.