Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad (35916 Views)

Lecturer Surprises His Students With Snacks & Soft Drinks In Class (Video) / My project supervisor wants to take credit for my research work / Nigerian Student Laments As Her Sexual Harasser Becomes Her Project Supervisor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Obidient1: 10:23am On Sep 03, 2022
kellyjc:
To all those who have continued to support this useless government and also working to vote in a similar one due to personal gains or sheer stupidity, may you and your entire generation never see success undecided embarassed
When they are under Juju
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by effort1: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2022
Rusher14, it's obvious you are the all bullshit no substance.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 10:25am On Sep 03, 2022
Let the brain drain continue...

This Brain drain is part of the reasons why everything is failing in this 3rd world nation!
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by chatinent: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2022
I want to study another course but doing it in Nigeria is making me God forbid.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Doorlarss(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2022
Nice decision lectures japa japa japa japa even na niger republic japa there
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2022
Infrabetatech:
The implications of all these needless strikes will be visible 10-20 years from now

Well, the strikes aren't exactly needless... However, they are preventable.

If education were given its pride of place and importance during budgeting, there would be no strikes!
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2022
abdulskulboy:
Lecturers should be denied Visa. Their agitation lead to this strike, so let them stay make we suffer am together...

Yet your leaders travel and live abroad... Their children have never set foot in this nation!

Even PDP flag bearer is boldly based in Dubai alongside the first lady of this nation.

Yet you want your lecturers to pretend and manage the poor leadership!

Many of you are truly worse than the clowns you campaign and elect every four years!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by ufotunang: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2022
amzee:
The students too should relocate abroad.

200 days of strike, e no easy.

Nice decision by the lecturer
.. where will the students have money to relocate to abroad..to attend and school in foreign universities...pay school fees in dollars
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by ufotunang: 10:38am On Sep 03, 2022
Nawaoooo... when 2 elephants fights is the students that will suffer
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2022
ShaqFu:
Well this is true in its entirety. What beat the sweet Jesus out of me, is how this same set of wayward and backward set of Nigerians, always believe it is their God given right to break rules.

I believe the majority of Nigerians don't want this country to be great, because if the country becomes great, they won't have the time and place to misbehave, this is why they do everything in their power to make sure the status quo remains the same.

After I read a comment in the letter Iyabo Obasanjo wrote to him during the 4th Republic, where she said, Nigeria is design in the way that geniuses are meant to bow before morons, then I know why this country is in this abysmal state. Ignorance is celebrated. Immorality is glorified, corruption is a virtue and worse still, honesty is a vice. How can a country with dubious moral compass be great.

It really is a shame the way we Nigerians are killing the country.

Thank you!

Words on a marble!

This is what I have been shouting on this forum for years now!

We need to change our criminal and immoral orientation as a people!

We can't keep celebrating what is wrong, and wonder why the nation isn't moving forward!

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by ShaqFu: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2022
Kasssandra:

At the end you want us to vote for Obi, or Atiku or BAT.

I am sorry, but I cannot, and I won't. Because they are all responsible for the mess we are in now.

I even find Obidients funny. 6 months ago, y'all were backing PDP and calling it the party. Then when Obi left to LP...PDP was suddenly corrupt? Okay

And as for the BATS....their man was not that spectacular as governor, he is old, he should have made way for the young, and was part of the geng that brought Buhari upon us.

Don't even mention Atiku, who is just like the BAT.

Yes, they are all bad. And yes, I am not happy about it. But at the end, you guys want us to vote for them. You won;t even give the other parties a chance because 'they are too small' (and even LP...you are all in it because you think that Obi is the messiah...he isn't...and because tribalisim...yes.).

Vote for a candidate who will remove subsides, remove all corruption, and widen the tax net, so that we can be less reliant on oil revenue. Not for the same old people who have been part of the geng that wrecked us up these past 20 years.

So, all your candidates are bad. If that makes me a joker...so be it.

(Not the original person you responded to, but I don't get why you guys are so offended by those of us who are not enthusiastic about your three main candidates. )

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 10:41am On Sep 03, 2022
Felixalex:

Who tell u this one?? For every 1 japa candidate, there is 5 births happening in the north. Those ones no de tire

I'm telling you!

An entire region devoted to and hellbent on being retrogressive! Tufia!
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2022
arzizhy:

You people should stop unnecessary sensation around stories. He created no confusion as school will assign a new supervisor to them. If the lecturer died, did he also create confusion?

The lecturer didn't die...

The best of our scholars, healthcare workers, technocrats, artisans, etc, are leaving the nation in droves!

This is not up for arguments or about sensationalizing! These are daily facts which will hurt the nation badly as time goes on!

The massive damage may not be visible to a myopic person, but anyone with foresight can see how bleak the future is looking unless something practical is done to arrest this anomaly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Christistruth00: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2022
When a Lecturer suddenly left the University at UI , the Students he was supervising were simply Transfered to another Lecturer
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by ShaqFu: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2022
Angelfrost:

Thank you!

Words on a marble!

This is what I have shouting on this forum for years now!

We need to change our criminal and immoral orientation as a people!

We can't keep celebrating what is wrong, and wonder why the nation isn't moving forward!
I watched a movie (Day Shift) and the antagonist said "insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different result.

The problem with Nigeria is we Nigerians. We have always been the problem. Changing our orientation won't lead anywhere because so many people are very happy with the way things are.

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Bfly: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2022
I'm sure the UN is aware of what damage this is to the future of Nigeria. But the Western are only quick to respond when the consequence hit on them. As far as whatever happens in Africa pose no threat to the livelihood of the west. They watch us suffer.

Africa, be wise. Thrive for autonomy.

Death of Education in Nigeria is a leverage to the western power on Africa dwarf or giant. Whatever!
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Osariemen12: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2022
Can't marketers put Nigeria up for sale on ecommerce store? Let every citizen get his own share of the proceeds.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by rusher14: 10:55am On Sep 03, 2022
effort1:
Rusher14, it's obvious you are the all bullshit no substance.

https://www.nairaland.com/3500913/university-dumps-students-projects-trash

Mynd44, lalasticlala.

How come same picture from 2016?
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by deolumike(m): 11:01am On Sep 03, 2022
Corridon:
This wouldn't have happened under a PDP government even though they failed.
cap!

It did. Multiple times under Obj and Jonathan
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by pegix(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2022
Since 2019

I still dey 200 level
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2022
ShaqFu:
I watched a movie (Day Shift) and the antagonist said "insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different result.

The problem with Nigeria is we Nigerians. We have always been the problem. Changing our orientation won't lead anywhere because so many people are very happy with the way things are.

Exactly!... The very people who celebrate people like Tinubu, Atiku, Hush puppy, etc, are those who still demand a better nation!

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Softmirror: 11:07am On Sep 03, 2022
Ishilove:
I sure am glad I'm done with Nigerian schooling. Time wasters.

We keep voting the same set of repackaged criminals that have brought this country to the sorry state or currently is in. See as their followers are making noise on the internet, yet your young ones are at home idling away (some are Nairaland constituting nuisance) because your government has abandoned you. The biggest problem of Nigeria is Nigerians.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid087iKa52mbFGsuGT1CEq8D5z5BoCXRv6nq7QjiP4nDpThov1P7qphL7FX12D5KgWBl&id=565206067

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS THE INHERENT MENTALITY OF ALWAYS ACCUSSING THE GOVERNMENT ALL THE TIME FOR ALL WRONGS WHILE BEING MOSTLY IRRESPONSIBLE CITIZENS OURSELVES. THAT'S THE HONEST TRUTH!

WHAT ARE THE ACHIEVMENTS OF ASUU AS A UNION

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 11:09am On Sep 03, 2022
Corridon:

If PDP had done their job properly, ASUU won't be holding this government hostage now!

It's beyond hypocritical to malign APC while celebrating PDP!

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 03, 2022
ShaqFu:

And in response, choosing the same old people responsible for our mess shows you are not interested in a better Nigeria, you just want your side to win so that you can enjoy chop money.

And yes, YOU can vote out Atiku, BAT, Obi, and Kwankwaso, and vote in any of the other candidates and parties. It is that simple.

But you don't want change. So, enjoy your corruption.

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2022
Softmirror:

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OF NIGERIA IS THE INHERENT MENTALITY OF ALWAYS ACCUSSING THE GOVERNMENT ALL THE TIME FOR ALL WRONGS WHILE BEING MOSTLY IRRESPONSIBLE CITIZENS OURSELVES. THAT'S THE HONEST TRUTH!

WHAT ARE THE ACHIEMENTS OF ASUU AS A UNION

ASUU is a labor union doing precisely what labor unions do universally!

Labor unions won't go on strike if the government do their damn jobs properly!

You knew the demands of ASUU as signed and agreed, yet you chose not to put that as a budgetary priority! What did you expect the union to do?!!

The same government had enough money to build needless railway lines, and donate billions to other nations!

Please, let's talk like learned people abeg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 03, 2022
Corridon:

PDP where several ASUU strikes happened , including in 2001, 2003, 2009, 2012, and 2013, and others that I have not mentioned.

Some of you forget too easily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Elsueno: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2022
adioolayi:
So sad..

If the said students are undergraduate....it may not matter much as they will be distributed for new supervisors just to allow my people go..

If they are postgraduate students...This will be a huge blow to their study, because, even, if they assign them new supervisors or the already existing co-supervisor takes over....the new supervisors can redesign the research or outrightly ask them to start entirely new research, especially if what they are doing is not the new supervisor areas of interest.

Nigeria don happen to them!

if u have already presented ur proposal, dat won't happen, d only downside is d new supervisor might not know much or give full attention to Ur work
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Elsueno: 11:22am On Sep 03, 2022
royalfly:
This is not a problem, let school resume and you will know, that's y no work no pay by the government is the dumbest thing a government who are intellectual inclined wld do.. one thing people don't understand is that this strike is a long time coming. The g knew and did nothing about it. Instead they prepared for the worse assu would do.. our government secondary schools are dead.. this is a last fight to help the university. Very soon u this urchin and sentimental warlords will not have these public universities no more. God help nigeria

Oga, it's simply ASUU saw election is near as usual, they want to do thier almost annual strikes . But unfortunately dis govt don give a shyt & to make matters worst 4 ASUU, thier chairman & spokesman is waaaaay too emotional which ended up exposing ASUU selfishness...They should change dat chairman ASAP b4 he turns everyone against them

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Softmirror: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2022
Angelfrost:

ASUU is a labor union doing precisely what labor unions do universally!

Labor unions won't go on strike if the government do their damn jobs properly!

You knew the demands of ASUU as signed and agreed, yet you chose not to put that as a budgetary priority! What did you expect the union to do?!!

The same government had enough money to build needless railway lines, and donate billions to other nations!

Please, let's talk like learned people abeg!

[b] OUR EDUCATION SECTOR IS WHAT IT IS MAINLY BECAUSE OF LACK OF HONESTY PARTICULARLY ON THE SIDE OF THE UNIVERSITIES WHO ARE AT ALL NOT TRANSPARENT WITH THE FUNDS ALLOCATED TO THEM BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. THEY KIND OF MISMANAGEMENT OF FUNDS IN OUR UNIVERSITIES IS SO ASTONISHING. SO ASTONISHING THAT IT CAN NOT REFLECT DESPITE THE ',UNDER FUNDING' THAT THERE IS SOMETHING TO SHOW AS AN ENCOURAGEMENT FOR THERE PAST EFFORTS IN GOOD MANAGEMENT.

HAS ANYONE ASKED ABOUT HOW THE MONEY TERMED AS 'UNDER FUNDS' ARE BEING SPENT BY THESE UNIVERSITIES?

WHEN LAST DID ANY OF THIS UNIVERSITIES MAKE PUBLIC THEIR FINANCIAL REPORT=AUDIT STATEMENTS.

WHAT ABOUT INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUES, EVEN THE TUITION FEES.

OFF COURSE ALL THIS FIGHT BY ASUU REVOLVES AROUND MONEY. LET THEM MAKE CLEAR TO US HOW THEY HAVE BEEN SPENDING GOVERNMENT MONEY.

YES! THE WANT SALARY INCREASE WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE. BUT WHAT ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY?

IF ONLY WE KNOW THE KIND OF ATTROCITIES COMMITED BY THESE LECTURERS. YOU WILL FEEL SORRY FOR THEIR EDUCATION EXCEPT FOR A FEW WHO HAVE DISTINGUISHED THEMSELVES.

PROFESSOR OLOYEDE MANAGED UNI ILORIN SO WELL WHILE NOT JOINING ASUU FOR ANY KIND OF STRIKE AND SO WELL TOO WHILE BEING INCHARGE OF JAMB AND EVEN MORE, HE EXPOSED THE LEVEL OF CORRUPTION AT ABUJA CENTRAL MOSQUE TOO.

I HAVE MADE A CLEAR CASE OF PROFESSOR OLOYEDE A FORMER VC, NOT A MEMBER OF ASUU AND A PERFORMER.

ASUU IS A UNION WHICH YOU CAN'T POINT TO ANY REASONABLE POSITIVE IMPART THE HAVE MADE TO THE SOCIETY EXCEPT GOING ON RIDICULOUS STRIKES. PERHAPS IF THE UNION IS ABOUT DISCIPLINING LECTURERS WHO DEMAND SEX FOR GRADES THE WOULD HAVE EARNED SOME RESPECTIVE AS PER SANITIZING THE SOCIETY .[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by greypencils: 11:25am On Sep 03, 2022
Veggieseedies:

Amen

Manna! Your entire life will be worth nothing, depression and regrets shall visit you. You will groan and cry with no help coming. Eating agbado and cassava will be better cos you will not afford it from 2024.

In 2023, you will finish everything you've got left and will not make nothing

All your prayers over nairaland shall come to reality in your life

Depression is yours
Amen O, Amen to that!!
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by effort1: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2022
rusher14:

https://www.nairaland.com/3500913/university-dumps-students-projects-trash

Mynd44, lalasticlala.

How come same picture from 2016?

Is that the only picture you saw in the post? grin

It's even unreasonable to declare that no lecturer left since ASUU strike started.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 10 States With Most Applied Candidates For 2018 UTME / Ghanaian Teacher Carries His Pupil To Teach Proper And Improper Fractions / Debate:between BOYS And Girls,who Is More Intelligent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.