Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad (36192 Views)

Lecturer Surprises His Students With Snacks & Soft Drinks In Class (Video) / My project supervisor wants to take credit for my research work / Nigerian Student Laments As Her Sexual Harasser Becomes Her Project Supervisor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2022
dat is nothin but old fashioned direct undiluted rebellious vawulence 4rm d lecturer to him students/fg combined!
grin
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Latidoh1: 9:09am On Sep 03, 2022
Sucre6:
This is real guys, my own project supervisor left last month to Canada too, thank God I was already done with my project, he has signed and graded it too. I was so happy for him, dude was so intelligent to be wasting here in Nigeria because of ASUU angry

Y'all campaigning for APC I wonder how una take dey sleep for night. Posterity will never be kind with this Government sad
Which department?
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Seetto: 9:12am On Sep 03, 2022
stuff46:
When you look at the situation of Nigerian students, you will weep for what is actually happening.

Imagine the hopeless Apc dolts blaming previous government for ASUU strike but coming back to do worse.

Japa has come to stay for those who have the means but for the other 99% we will strive to the finish line.

Human beings are powerful and Can adapt to anything that's why we are moving on as we match to enthrone a government that cares for it's people.

We are Obidient to this call until this flag is raised so high.

he is part of the rot

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by abdulskulboy(m): 9:12am On Sep 03, 2022
Lecturers should be denied Visa. Their agitation lead to this strike, so let them stay make we suffer am together...
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Splitmind: 9:13am On Sep 03, 2022
Good riddance, more space for hardworking professors to occupy.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Magnoliaa(f): 9:13am On Sep 03, 2022
Persephone1:
Thread title is making me laugh cheesy grin . Like supervisor japa, students in "Oh God" situation . Nigeria my country.
Well they will be given another supervisor nah

Btw Magnolia, your post is emotional oo. lipsrsealed
Relax Sis, its not that deep.

Tbvh, it's not deep to me too. cheesy Now that's one thing with putting posts out, people will understand it differently, and I hope... anyway, sha.

I was just honestly, honestly confused... perhaps she can make her stance clearer as I have seen that common thing in people a lot of times.

If the people that are doing are not doing well or good, then I will really like to know how else you think we can do it better or get it right as a nation. And she has declared a no vote stance, so reading the "y'all Obatikus should go and do well" just sent my brain in a careen.

3 Likes

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2022
I don't blame the man at all school management should reassign another supervisor.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Way4orward: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Yasiok(m): 9:14am On Sep 03, 2022
Ishilove:
I sure am glad I'm done with Nigerian schooling. Time wasters.

We keep voting the same set of repackaged criminals that have brought this country to the sorry state or currently is in. See as their followers are making noise on the internet, yet your young ones are at home idling away (some are Nairaland constituting nuisance) because your government has abandoned you. The biggest problem of Nigeria is Nigerians

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid087iKa52mbFGsuGT1CEq8D5z5BoCXRv6nq7QjiP4nDpThov1P7qphL7FX12D5KgWBl&id=565206067
who are we going to vote in to correct all this messes that has damaged our educational system
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by blackpanda: 9:15am On Sep 03, 2022
Hahahahaha
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by royalfly(m): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2022
This is not a problem, let school resume and you will know, that's y no work no pay by the government is the dumbest thing a government who are intellectual inclined wld do.. one thing people don't understand is that this strike is a long time coming. The g knew and did nothing about it. Instead they prepared for the worse assu would do.. our government secondary schools are dead.. this is a last fight to help the university. Very soon u this urchin and sentimental warlords will not have these public universities no more. God help nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by blackpanda: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2022
Yasiok:
who are we going to vote in to correct all this messes that has damaged our educational system

Y'all still don't get it. Govt is not the problem. We Nigerians are. Everybody is greedy and selfish. Govt keeps changing but yet ASUU strikes every single regime. Both govt and ASUU are still Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Fiscus105(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2022
Infrabetatech:
The implications of all these needless strikes will be visible 10-20 years from now

How?

Hope u know private universities keep on producing graduates.

People go abroad to study and come back

And poly not shut down.

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 03, 2022
abdulskulboy:
Lecturers should be denied Visa. Their agitation lead to this strike, so let them stay make we suffer am together...
In your dreams Sir grin

2 Likes

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Musauzor(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2022
The evil handiwork of the evil government led by the evil party, APC. We reject this evil party, APC in 2023

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Magnoliaa(f): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2022
ShaqFu:
Well this is true in its entirety. What beat the sweet Jesus out of me, is how this same set of wayward and backward set of Nigerians, always believe it is their God given right to break rules.

I believe the majority of Nigerians don't want this country to be great, because if the country becomes great, they won't have the time and place to misbehave, this is why they do everything in their power to make sure the status quo remains the same.

After I read a comment in the letter Iyabo Obasanjo wrote to him during the 4th Republic, where she said, Nigeria is design in the way that geniuses are meant to bow before morons, then I know why this country is in this abysmal state. Ignorance is celebrated. Immorality is glorified, corruption is a virtue and worse still, honesty is a vice. How can a country with dubious moral compass be great.

It really is a shame the way we Nigerians are killing the country.

Wow. Wow. I wish I can like this comment a thousand time. Like this commenter just aptly "pieces" the fabric of events holding this country together. Too much puncline points.

Solid gold.

2 Likes

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:21am On Sep 03, 2022
Ishilove:

Projects in the mud. What kind of country thrives with this kind of brain drain? They don't care about the hoi polloi, so you BATs and ObiDients better wake up and choose wisely for the sake of the upcoming generation.
Even those clamoring for Atiku are also not exempted, it's a matter of na who talk hin own dem do for.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Felixalex(m): 9:22am On Sep 03, 2022
BigDawsNet:
2014 Nigeria population 200m

2022 Nigeria population 120m

Who tell u this one?? For every 1 japa candidate, there is 5 births happening in the north. Those ones no de tire

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Sucre6: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2022
Latidoh1:

Which department?

Economics
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by onyxo76(m): 9:24am On Sep 03, 2022
adioolayi:
So sad..

If the said students are undergraduate....it may not matter much as they will be distributed for new supervisors just to allow my people go..

If they are postgraduate students...This will be a huge blow to their study, because, even, if they assign them new supervisors or the already existing co-supervisor takes over....the new supervisors can redesign the research or outrightly ask them to start entirely new research, especially if what they are doing is not the new supervisor areas of interest.

Nigeria don happen to them!

esp if it's a PhD programm, you will weep your eyes out...getting assigned to a fresh supervisor who may not even like your research and cancel every thing you have been working on for the past 2 or 3 years.

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by arzizhy: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2022
Ishilove:
The ASUU strike which has crippled academic activities in government owned universities in the country for 200 days and counting is leading to a massive brain drain in the education sector. Apart from frustrating lecturers to the point of some of them willing to give out one their most prized possessions: their books, like this UNIMAID don here- https://www.nairaland.com/7235435/ASUU-strike-dr-abubakar-othman

Others have simply chosen to abandon Nigeria, the selfish and uncaring government, and her teeming mass of hapless students to their own devices. Recall that some days ago, the UNILAG’s ASUU chapter chairman, Dele Ashiru raised an alarm that 70% of their academic workforce retained through mentorship had resigned and relocated abroad. This resignations are not limited to UNILAG alone but other universities are also witnessing an exodus of their lecturers who have abandoned their professions as a way of coping with the months old strike. https://www.nairaland.com/7308352/unilag-leads-mass-resignation-lecturers

Muneer Yaqub, a PHd student in the diaspora and Tweeter shared a screenshot of a project supervisor announcing to his students that he has 'japa-ed'. To each his own, may God save all y'all.

https://twitter.com/elMunir5/status/1565713649326366721?t=fLJ1oeYZcWzFydfbnnEYKQ&s=19

Projects in the mud. What kind of country thrives with this kind of brain drain? They don't care about the hoi polloi, so you BATs and ObiDients better wake up and choose wisely for the sake of the upcoming generation.

You people should stop unnecessary sensation around stories. He created no confusion as school will assign a new supervisor to them. If the lecturer died, did he also create confusion?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Yasiok(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2022
blackpanda:

Y'all still don't get it. Govt is not the problem. We Nigerians are. Everybody is greedy and selfish. Govt keeps changing but yet ASUU strikes every single regime. Both govt and ASUU are still Nigerians.
what the way out?

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:29am On Sep 03, 2022
And some of these students are still campaigning for APC.

Suffer no dey tire some people.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Limassol(m): 9:31am On Sep 03, 2022
Infrabetatech:
The implications of all these needless strikes will be visible 10-20 years from now
it's already visible and felt man. A similar months-long strike happened mid 2013. The effects are now manifesting in a disturbing trend: an increasingly intellectual braindrain, a crumbling education sector and so on.

1 Like

Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by kingyakos: 9:31am On Sep 03, 2022
Sucre6:
This is real guys, my own project supervisor left last month to Canada too, thank God I was already done with my project, he has signed and graded it too. I was so happy for him, dude was so intelligent to be wasting here in Nigeria because of ASUU angry

Y'all campaigning for APC I wonder how una take dey sleep for night. Posterity will never be kind with this Government sad

Your intelligent lecturer wasn't a waste because of ASSU but because of the FG.
ASSU is doing the right thing and i stand with them.
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by clothingonline(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2022
New person will be promoted
It happens congratulations to the person

Men turkey shirts 4k pay on delivery
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Magnoliaa(f): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2022
blackpanda:

True. Everybody in the whole country needs a total overhauling of character... whether the corruption started from bottom to top or top to bottom, we all are still getting reshuffled... how do we even begin to address or "tackle" everything? The rot? I know it is sure harder for individuals to change and improve their own self, harder than expecting others to change and do all the work. But then individuals make up the collective, soo... be like there would be no way out, LMAO. grin
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by Ubdavis(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2022
Unfortunately. If Bihari was to contest again, I would have won. We never sufa enough!
Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by zinaunreal(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2022
Other issues on my life oooo grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People Are Afraid To Study In National Open University Of Nigeria / Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.