Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists (616 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 6:10am On Sep 03, 2022
I've noticed that almost all the atheists I've come across are kinder, more generous, and generally more morally sound than most christians and muslims. Atheists seem to be more open-minded and less judgemental. They seem to be more at peace with themselves and have better self-awareness.
I've also noticed that, generally speaking, the more religiously devout a person is, the less tolerant they are, and the more suspicious they seem to be of people who don't practice the same religion as them.
Why is this so?

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Anigreat: 6:14am On Sep 03, 2022
shocked

There's no gain for being atheist, but there's so much again and peace of mind for believing in Jesus Christ, the son of God.
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2022
afficionado7:
I've noticed that almost all the atheists I've come across are kinder, more generous, and generally more morally sound than most christians and muslims. Atheists seem to be more open-minded and less judgemental. They seem to be more at peace with themselves and have better self-awareness.
I've also noticed that, generally speaking, the more religiously devout a person is, the less tolerant they are, and the more suspicious they seem to be of people who don't practice the same religion as them.
Why is this so?

ATHEISM is surviving alongside RELIGION due to the long history of false religions so atheists feel better without religion but in reality atheists are completely empty when it comes to wisdom.

HOW?

Each atheist will love to have a family of his or her own and probably children in their marriage, these children will need training on how to develop their mental balance and that largely depends on what parents teach them about life.
Questions like:

How did we get here?
What are we doing here?
Where do we go from here?
What is happening to our dead loved ones?
Why so much injustice and suffering?

No mortal man can answer these questions and these are the things locked up in the minds of children as they continue to grow which determines the type of person they will later become.

So if you can't find satisfying answers to these questions how do you convince a child that morality has benefits?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by duduade: 6:37am On Sep 03, 2022
At OP

In your write up you didn't define who atheists and theists are
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 7:33am On Sep 03, 2022
duduade:
At OP

In your write up you didn't define who atheists and theists are

Well, I assumed everyone knows this. A theist believes in the existence (and usually benevolence) of a god. An atheist doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 03, 2022
Me I dey at peace with myself as an atheist,I don't need any god to be morally sound.
The reason religious people are always acting kind is because their god say they should,I take full responsibility for anything that happens not blaming the devil or hoping on one god.

If things go right then good,if it goes wrong then we keep moving.
We were all born irreligious but due to childhood indoctrination everyone feels their religion is the true one.

7 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
Me I dey at peace with myself as an atheist,I don't need any god to be morally sound.
The reason religious people are always acting kind is because their god say they should,I take full responsibility for anything that happens not blaming the devil or hoping on one god.
We were all born irreligious but due to childhood indoctrination everyone feels their religion is the true one.

You only feel so because you try to compare yourself with religious people and seeing that you're somehow better of than some of them you choose to be irreligious. smiley
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You only feel so because you try to compare yourself with religious people and seeing that you're somehow better of than some of them you choose to be irreligious. smiley
In other words i don't need a god,lol.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Opintiwa: 8:01am On Sep 03, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Munafukin

Shatap
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 03, 2022
Opintiwa:

Munafukin

Shatap
Big brah how your side na?
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Opintiwa: 8:02am On Sep 03, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Munafukin

Shatap
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 8:11am On Sep 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse you have gone off-tangent a bit, but it's okay. First, why do you assume that 'each atheist will love to have a family of his or her own and probably children in their marriage'? This is simply not true. Some atheists, just like some christians or some muslims or some jews don't want to get married or have kids. In fact, among atheists there's a higher proportion of antinatalists.
Secondly, 'no mortal man can answer these questions'? Really? Atheists generally approach questions based on reason and available evidence. How did we get here? Big bang? Evolution? What are we doing here? I don't know. Right now, I'm typing. Where do we go from here? Well personally, I'm thinking of the mall. What is happening to our loved ones? They're decomposing, like every other dead animal. Why so much injustice and suffering? Well, why so much joy and fulfilment?
Now let's assume we don't have the answers to these questions. What does it matter? What does it prove other than that humans face existential questions?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

My point exactly. Atheists' sense of morality is stronger as they're accountable to themselves rather than some arbitrary god. More grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by paxonel(m): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2022
There are religious people that are morally upright too,and there are also atheists who are woefully corrupt. Being morally upright is not a function of whether you are religious or not

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 03, 2022
afficionado7:

My point exactly. Atheists' sense of morality is stronger as they're accountable to themselves rather than some arbitrary god. More grease to your elbow
Thanks boss.
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Opintiwa: 8:56am On Sep 03, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Thanks boss.

Munafukin

Shatap
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2022
paxonel:
There are religious people that are morally upright too,and there are also atheists who are woefully corrupt. Being morally upright is not a function of whether you are religious or not

I agree with you. It's why I use qualifiers like 'generally' cause there's a clear pattern when you look at anecdotal evidence
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:46am On Sep 03, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Surely none of us need any God if we can exist without having to deal with other humans as in intelligent beings like ourselves but if we have to coexist with our kind then we need a SUPREME BEING: GOD! smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2022
afficionado7:
MaxInDHouse you have gone off-tangent a bit, but it's okay. First, why do you assume that 'each atheist will love to have a family of his or her own and probably children in their marriage'? This is simply not true. Some atheists, just like some christians or some muslims or some jews don't want to get married or have kids. In fact, among atheists there's a higher proportion of antinatalists.
Secondly, 'no mortal man can answer these questions'? Really? Atheists generally approach questions based on reason and available evidence. How did we get here? Big bang? Evolution? What are we doing here? I don't know. Right now, I'm typing. Where do we go from here? Well personally, I'm thinking of the mall. What is happening to our loved ones? They're decomposing, like every other dead animal. Why so much injustice and suffering? Well, why so much joy and fulfilment?
Now let's assume we don't have the answers to these questions. What does it matter? What does it prove other than that humans face existential questions?

We are intelligent beings that must coexist with our kind so in the absence of knowledge about these things asked we will continue to make this planet a hell for ourselves! smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 6:16am On Sep 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

We are intelligent beings that must coexist with our kind so in the absence of knowledge about these things asked we will continue to make this planet a hell for ourselves! smiley
I doubt that it is 'the absence of knowledge' that makes this planet a hell. Some of the most prosperous nations on earth have a high proportion of atheists who don't know and don't claim to know. Personally, I'll rather accept that I don't know than fill in the gaps with fanciful fairytales. IT'S OKAY TO NOT KNOW

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MasterJayJay: 7:07am On Sep 04, 2022
It's ridiculous for an atheist talking about morality. It's like a Lion, snake or shark talking about morality.
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Maynman: 7:13am On Sep 04, 2022
MasterJayJay:
It's ridiculous for an atheist talking about morality. It's like a Lion, snake or shark talking about morality.

But its okay for theists to talk about morality after killing people that don’t worship their deities?
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2022
MasterJayJay:
It's ridiculous for an talking about morality. It's like a Lion, snake or shark talking about morality.
It's ridiculous for a Christian to talk about morality when their God is a mass murderer,he murdered his whole creation,he starves his creation to death,he watch little kids being molested,he can't stop natural disasters,and you open your mouth to foolishly talk about morality?lol

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
MasterJayJay:
MORALITY IS NOT TIED TO RELIGION! Why is this so difficult to understand?
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
The main issue is that people are not willing to face facts and be objective. Dem just wan 'win' argument. Na wa o
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

There's no gain for being atheist, but there's so much again and peace of mind for believing in Jesus Christ, the son of God.

Except you have a so called enemy of your soul. LoLz.
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by LordReed(m): 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
MasterJayJay:

LoLz. And you think those wild animals don't have their own codes because they don't speak English?
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MasterJayJay: 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. And you think those wild animals don't have their own codes because they don't speak English?

afficionado7:

MORALITY IS NOT TIED TO RELIGION! Why is this so difficult to understand?

Anything goes in the animal kingdom. Some female animal kill the male partners after mating. And that is seen as normal.
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by LordReed(m): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
MasterJayJay:

Anything goes in the animal kingdom. Some female animal kill the male partners after mating. And that is seen as normal.

And who according to you created that order?

You are looking at them with your human eyes and judging them with your human understanding and in doing that you are discounting their own sort of intelligence and societal arrangements. Granted they are way below us in terms of sophistication but you cannot say because lions don't have police and courts they don't have internally consistent methods of figuring out what is good or bad for themselves.
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MasterJayJay: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2022
LordReed:

And who according to you created that order?

You are looking at them with your human eyes and judging them with your human understanding and in doing that you are discounting their own sort of intelligence and societal arrangements. Granted they are way below us in terms of sophistication but you cannot say because lions don't have police and courts they don't have internally consistent methods of figuring out what is good or bad for themselves.

Survival of the fittest is what rules in the animal kingdom. Nothing like good or bad.
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
afficionado7:

I doubt that it is 'the absence of knowledge' that makes this planet a hell. Some of the most prosperous nations on earth have a high proportion of atheists who don't know and don't claim to know. Personally, I'll rather accept that I don't know than fill in the gaps with fanciful fairytales. IT'S OKAY TO NOT KNOW
I will stick with those that KNOWS! smiley
Re: Atheists Are More Moral Than Theists by afficionado7: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I will stick with those that KNOWS! smiley
No, you're sticking with those who claim to know. It's intellectually lazy, but whatever tingles your nipples.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Could Be The Meaning Of This Dream? / Prophet MKO Tibetan Shocking Revelation On Murphy Afolabi's Death And More Nolly / Dealing With The Religious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.