Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal (12249 Views)

Buhari Govt To Leave N77 Trn Debt For Incoming Administration - DMO / Mambilla: FG Directs NSIA To Source $200m Judgment Debt For Chinese Firm / Kiki Osinbajo Advocates Right Of Female Gender At All Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Gentlevip: 7:24am On Sep 03, 2022
The issue is more than revenue.

Its our wastage, corruption that spoils everything. Even if you are to bring heaven here the story is the same
Viz007:
Even if Nigeria’s debt is swapped with climate change action, if we don't find ways to generate enough revenue to fund our national budget, we will end up heavily indebted once again.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2022
lifestyle1:
Brilliant idea but I don't trust our politicians.

Happy weekend sirs.

Anyone with old Fiverr buyer account between 2011 to 2018 should send me a message on WhatsApp through my signature.

I will buy it.

I have an old Fiverr account and have used it to buy before, dunno if that's what ur looking for. But hey, is fiverr still worth the hype?

Thanks.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Lachynos2k2(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2022
lifestyle1:
Brilliant idea but I don't trust our politicians.

Happy weekend sirs.

Anyone with old Fiverr buyer account between 2011 to 2018 should send me a message on WhatsApp through my signature.

I will buy it.

I have an old Fiverr account and have used it to buy before, dunno if that's what ur looking for. But hey, is fiverr still worth the hype?

Thanks.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by TheRareGem1(f): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2022
#DebtForClimateDeal is a type of debt swap where bilateral or multilateral debt is forgiven by creditors in exchange for a commitment by the debtor to use the outstanding debt service payments for national #climate action," says VP Osinbajo.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by israelmao(m): 7:29am On Sep 03, 2022
How are we sure some debtor nations in Africa will utilize debt payments if swapped for climate change use?
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Enyimbamercedes: 7:30am On Sep 03, 2022
Pay up debt and stop looking for debt forgiveness especially when there is nothing to show for all the borrowed money; borrowing for recurrent expenditures!!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Komu1048(m): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2022
divinehand2003:
Nice one Mr vice president.

However we need a government that will transform our economy from consumption to production.

That is the only way to escape further debts in future when we produce over 70% of what we consume.

Vote Peter Obi for better naija.

That’s why some people call u zombies. Imagine saying Obi will move Nigerian from consumption to production. And he is the highest importers of consumable goods. Most of the household goods are imported by him, Nnewi is a highly industrial area oo but Obi didn’t deem it fit to raise a single production company.

Nigerians r for talk n do, we r going for experience and not experiment.

Tinubu 2023
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by obembet(f): 7:38am On Sep 03, 2022
charlesedu777:
vice president of Nigerian rejected like c Ronaldo

Same way who so ever you support for 2023 election will be reject.

Never insult my goat again.

U can insult Peter Obi, Tinubu, or Atiku, it's non of my business... But don't ever insult the greatest footballer on this planet again.

God bless me

God bless CR7
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by damble: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2022
Buhari! They needed someone to convince the OYINBOS, he sent OSINBANJO and not an ABOKI

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Janetudeh(f): 7:45am On Sep 03, 2022
This is indeed a win for Nigeria if implemented. Thank you Osinbajo for always standing up for the nation. #DebtForClimateDeal
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Oladelesp: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2022
Osinbajo always advocating for developing nations

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Deputy1111(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2022
This man would have been the best candidate for 2023 presidential candidate, In fact, with the way Osinbajo is working, I so much believe New Nigeria is possible.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by tracychelsea13: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2022
This is an ingenious idea and again this shows that this man is committed to Nigeria. As VP he didn't approve the loans but again he is finding ways to get Nigeria out of this quagmire. Who remembers P&ID? It was Osinbajo that got us off the hook.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by brightsbella(m): 7:47am On Sep 03, 2022
Nigeria’s debt swapped with climate change action... Good deal. One of the best and smartest deal
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Doyou2019: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
Thieves, you borrowed and stole!

After stealing the borrowed money, you are mounting the pressure on Nigerians through tax and other forms of wicked economic policies just for Nigerians that never benefited from the borrowed money to pay through their nose.

Evil Government, evil party!

Their creditors know them well.

Apparently, the thieves think this is 2006 all over again, when OBJ managed to get our debts forgiven.

41.6 Trillion Naira na your mate?

We'd have better luck if we were solely indebted to the World Bank, but lumped into the mess is China's money too (USD 6 Billion) . .
The Chinese government doesn't give a rat's ass about Global Warming or Climate Change. . .
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Tiwatoke2: 7:49am On Sep 03, 2022
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is steadily showing other leaders how it is done and we love to see it. Nigeria’s Energy Transition Plan is surely going to be successful because he is in charge. Keep making us proud Prof
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by seunoj: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2022
Awon Werey.
Debt swap.
Amumuzatus
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by casualobserver: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2022
Another theoretical western slave Uncle Tom selling us out to the west like all those woke intellectuals before him. How do you a fossil fuel dependent economy agree to mortgage your natural resources future because of western ideology just to please your Oyinbo masters for a few pieces of silver?

So called intellectuals are the problem of Nigeria from the people that brought hardship to Nigeria in the 80s through SAP that never brought the touted export benefit but instead crippled our domestic manufacturing industries and turned us into a dumping ground for manufactured goods to this ill thought out energy transition plan.

You cannot have oil has coal etc and sell out to the white man’s green agenda….who is going to produce the solar panels and the wind turbines?…..the west!!!! Which means you lose jobs in Nigeria.

Nigerian intellectuals are the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria!!

Thank God Osinbajo will not be Nigerias president!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by dejol88: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2022
This man no sabi Wetin him dey talk.

Na olodos be people wey dey lead reasons we are not making progress.

Omo this generation should forget about ever getting someone to lead us out of our present sorry state.
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Temmy1997(f): 7:53am On Sep 03, 2022
"Debt for climate swaps is a type of debt swap where bilateral or multilateral debt is forgiven by creditors in exchange for a commitment by the debtor to use the outstanding debt service payments for national climate action programs." - Osinbajo

#OsinbajoInUS

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by dejol88: 7:54am On Sep 03, 2022
casualobserver:

Another theoretical western slave Uncle Tom selling us out to the west like all those woke intellectuals before him. How do you a fossil fuel dependent economy agree to mortgage your natural resources future because of western ideology just to please your Oyinbo masters for a few pieces of silver?

So called intellectuals are the problem of Nigeria from the people that brought hardship to Nigeria in the 80s through SAP that never brought the touted export benefit but instead crippled our domestic manufacturing industries and turned us into a dumping ground for manufactured goods to this ill thought out energy transition plan.

You cannot have oil has coal etc and sell out to the white man’s green agenda….who is going to produce the solar panels and the wind turbines?…..the west!!!!

Nigerian intellectuals are the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria!!
I don’t think this professor understands the enormity of what he is even saying.

If the guy na our president, e go just use English confuse Nigeria thereby selling us for 1 dollars to oyinbos.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Bfly: 7:56am On Sep 03, 2022
Civilization and its discontent
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Antoeni(m): 7:58am On Sep 03, 2022
Osibanjo is The Only Reasonable Human In APC
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by noegenesis(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2022
M
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Joylove2324(f): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2022
Keep representing us well Mr. Vice President �Nigeria to the world�
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:06am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by TheAlchemist: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2022
I don't know why FFK is so obsessed about Kamala Harris?
Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by Softesst: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2022
Once again Nigeria was fully represented� #EnergyTransitionPlan #DebtForClimateDeal #OsinbajoInUS

Re: Osinbajo Advocates Debt-For-Climate Swap Deal by OldNairalander(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2022
Very bad deal.
We are a fossil fuel dependent country, switching to green energy will do us more harm than good. We are not yet there.
BTW, Europe is at the verge of abandoning the climate deal to survive Russia's energy war.
Coal is now a beautiful bride over there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News! Tiv Seeks Independence From Nigeria, Writes United Nations / Christmas Rice I Shared In Igbere Not From FG — Senator Kalu (Video) / Nigeria, Morocco Sign Agreement On Regional Gas Pipeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.