Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here (497 Views)

Weird Food Combinations That You Are Comfortable With (pictures) / What Are Your Worst Food Combinations? / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by Easymoney00101(m): 10:32am On Sep 03, 2022
So I taught of some worth food combinations I have eaten or seen my friends eat and decided to share here.....

So during my IT, I was in Delta state, Sapele to be precise... we were I a farm cause I finished as an Agric Economist..

In the farm we had fruits... I loved hunting for coconuts then... the officials in charge will always tell us not to touch rhe fruits in the farm... But na dem know who dem dey follow talk..

So on this faithful afternoon, my room mate got rice and there was paw paw in the room... na so oga peel paw paw, cut put for inside rice...

He told me to come try it that it's sweet, omo.. I nor risk am...

My worst food combination should be when I took yam and rice... it works for some personsoo... but it was terrible for me....

So what has been yours.. drop at the comment section
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by RepoMan007: 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
Very timely thread given the economic realities.

Boiled yam and boiled egg(almost Nollywood sacrifice).
Crayfish jollof rice.
Rice and groundnut.
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by mariahAngel(f): 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by mariahAngel(f): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2022
RepoMan007:

Boiler yam and boiled egg(almost Nollywood sacrifice).
Crayfish jollof rice.
Rice and groundnut.

Crayfish jollof rice worst? Are you kidding or just playing? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by Easymoney00101(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2022
RepoMan007:

Crayfish jollof rice.
Rice and groundnut.
Groundnut and rice... I go try am
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by juri: 5:13pm On Sep 03, 2022
RepoMan007:

Crayfish jollof rice.
Rice and groundnut.

You have not heard of or tasted kwunu Geda?. It is made with rice and grounded partially fridge groundnut. Very delicious too.
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by RepoMan007: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2022
juri:

You have not heard of or tasted kwunu Geda?. It is made with rice and grounded partially fridge groundnut. Very delicious too.
one man's wierdo is another man's treat.
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by mariahAngel(f): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
juri:

Can you share the recipe for that kwunu geda?
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by juri: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
mariahAngel:

Can you share the recipe for that kwunu geda?

Okey, it's actually popular in the north.

1. Get 4 cups of rice
2. 6 cups of groundnut.
3. About 10 lime balls ( not lemon oh!)
4. Suger as you may deem necessary for you.

PROCEEDURE.

1. Frie the groundnut, but not completely fried. Just enough to remove that outer layer as you weould have done after frieing groundnut to blow away that layer. Infact, it is even okey if you could remove the outer layer without even frieing the groundnut such as when may be you live it under the sun and then pill off the outer layer. Remember, the idea of frieing the groundnut is just to make it hot enough to remove that outer layer so the groundnut still even tasts raw.

2. Then you gring the groundnut the way you ground your egwisi, using that Hand grinder or any form of grinder for that matter. Just let it be very grinded as you would for egwisi.

3. When you are done with step 1 and 2 above, keep aside. The cut all your limes into 2 eqwal half, press to extract the juice into a cup, as you would do for oranges, but make sure you drain or use a spoon to remove the seeds.

4. Then move to the rice, per boil and wash just like you do your normal rice. However, for this, you would cook the rice to the point where it becomes very soft, not like the rice you use of Rice and Stew, but very soft. Make sure there is enough water. It should not be thick, but watery kind of.

5. Soak the grinded groundnut in a bowl of ordinary water, just as you soak corn/semo to be used in making tuwo. It should not be watery, but thick. Just enough water that can desolve the grounded groundnut more like a past.

6. Then pour this groundnut past in the boiling rice. Continue to turn/stire from time to time. The consistency here should be that it is not thich like Eba or Tuwo, but more like watery pap/ Akamu sort of.

7. After cooking for about 15 minutes, pour in the lime juice and continue to stire. At this stage, you would notice immediately you put the line, the product becomes thicker.

8. Continue to stir for about 10 minutes. Then add suger to taste and take out from the stove. Serve when a bit cold.

OTHER THINGS TO NOTE.

1. YOU can make it as thick or as light as you may desire. But ideally, it should something as thick as pap and not like Tea.

2. Some people after soaking the groundnut, continue to drain for the milk just as you do soya beans milk. It is this milk, after removing the chaff that they now pour to the rice at the stage of pouring the groundnut past as I instructed. But it is better you pour everything ( the past) and get as much from what ever goo the groundnut has.

3. Sometimes, they use a soure substance called 'Samia', in Hausa, in place of lime. But it will make the Kwunu Geda brownish. Lime makes it very white and I think it's best. Besides, you are likely going to find line more readily available than the 'Samia'.

So!, There you have it, Kwunu Geda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by Oghene1st: 10:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
This mumu dey call rice and pawpaw worst food combination. You haven't seen it or heard of it or eaten it doesn't make it worst. So you are directly saying rice and pawpaw is bad? How is it bad?

Is it poisonous or dangerous to one's health?
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by Easymoney00101(m): 12:52am On Sep 04, 2022
Oghene1st:
This mumu dey call rice and pawpaw worst food combination. You haven't seen it or heard of it or eaten it doesn't make it worst. So you are directly saying rice and pawpaw is bad? How is it bad?

Is it poisonous or dangerous to one's health?

If you have sense, you should know mixing food and fruit isn't advised... and I was only giving an experience... before you open your mouth wa and be talking nonsense
Re: Worst Food Combinations, Let's Gather Here by mariahAngel(f): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2022
juri:

Okey, it's actually popular in the north.

1. Get 4 cups of rice
2. 6 cups of groundnut.
3. About 10 lime balls ( not lemon oh!)
4. Suger as you may deem necessary for you.

PROCEEDURE.

1. Frie the groundnut, but not completely fried. Just enough to remove that outer layer as you weould have done after frieing groundnut to blow away that layer. Infact, it is even okey if you could remove the outer layer without even frieing the groundnut such as when may be you live it under the sun and then pill off the outer layer. Remember, the idea of frieing the groundnut is just to make it hot enough to remove that outer layer so the groundnut still even tasts raw.

2. Then you gring the groundnut the way you ground your egwisi, using that Hand grinder or any form of grinder for that matter. Just let it be very grinded as you would for egwisi.

3. When you are done with step 1 and 2 above, keep aside. The cut all your limes into 2 eqwal half, press to extract the juice into a cup, as you would do for oranges, but make sure you drain or use a spoon to remove the seeds.

4. Then move to the rice, per boil and wash just like you do your normal rice. However, for this, you would cook the rice to the point where it becomes very soft, not like the rice you use of Rice and Stew, but very soft. Make sure there is enough water. It should not be thick, but watery kind of.

5. Soak the grinded groundnut in a bowl of ordinary water, just as you soak corn/semo to be used in making tuwo. It should not be watery, but thick. Just enough water that can desolve the grounded groundnut more like a past.

6. Then pour this groundnut past in the boiling rice. Continue to turn/stire from time to time. The consistency here should be that it is not thich like Eba or Tuwo, but more like watery pap/ Akamu sort of.

7. After cooking for about 15 minutes, pour in the lime juice and continue to stire. At this stage, you would notice immediately you put the line, the product becomes thicker.

8. Continue to stir for about 10 minutes. Then add suger to taste and take out from the stove. Serve when a bit cold.

OTHER THINGS TO NOTE.

1. YOU can make it as thick or as light as you may desire. But ideally, it should something as thick as pap and not like Tea.

2. Some people after soaking the groundnut, continue to drain for the milk just as you do soya beans milk. It is this milk, after removing the chaff that they now pour to the rice at the stage of pouring the groundnut past as I instructed. But it is better you pour everything ( the past) and get as much from what ever goo the groundnut has.

3. Sometimes, they use a soure substance called 'Samia', in Hausa, in place of lime. But it will make the Kwunu Geda brownish. Lime makes it very white and I think it's best. Besides, you are likely going to find line more readily available than the 'Samia'.

So!, There you have it, Kwunu Geda.

Thank you for taking out time to share the recipe, and the well detailed process.

(1) (Reply)

Crunchy Chin Chin / The Almighty Bread / Ibibio Grandma Shows The Correct Way To Make Afang Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.