Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped (34646 Views)

7-Storey Building Collapses In Banana Island, Workers Trapped / Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Massiveglory: 8:34am On Sep 04, 2022
Urchins have claimed everything in lagos as tinubu. Both the ones under construction, the ones he didn't do and so on. So they also have to take responsibility for the Collasping ones.
Lovenorth:

Pls read it again, the building is under construction so Tinubu has nothing to do with it, but that doesn't mean I can fight any longer because of Nigerian politician. All of them are the same they have no ideology they all gang against the poor
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Sheriffiq: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2022
Hello guys.
I need to sell my car as distress cos they offered me admission oversea.
I need a buyer or who can help me sell it faster ASAP
I have just 4 days left to pay the school fees deposit...
Am in ilorin.
Please check out this thread link for the car full info and pics..
Kindly help a brother
https://www.nairaland.com/7307930/clean-hyundai-sonata-2012-limited
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Kingxchange44: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2022
Lagos ain't getting something right mehn.

All this nonsense na corruption dey cause am
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by baralatie(m): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Looks like an old structure undergoing refurbishment
Yes that building was very old and I think when Lagos opened the road T sandfield .developers rushed into the property without checking for the foundation
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Lovenorth: 8:42am On Sep 04, 2022
Massiveglory:
Urchins have claimed everything in lagos as tinubu. Both the ones under construction, the ones he didn't do and so on. So they also have to take responsibility for the Collasping ones.
Leave them he is definitely going to disappoint them the same way Buhari disappointed us if he get the opportunity, in addition Peter Obi is definitely also going to disappoint Igbos should he is elected president because all the politicians have the same religion and tribe which is politics
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Pickmycall: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2022
Lagos state goverment that sensitize people from blocking drainage channels are the ones sandfilling an ocean and building high rise houses on it.I dey pity people wey dey go buy or rent houses for eko atlantic.
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Potbellyman(m): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2022
For Lagos everybody Na engineer

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Dshocker(m): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2022
Real estate developers likes to cut corners, in order to make huge profits....The same greed killed Femi Osibona, the owner of Fourscore Homes

They invest N200m on a building project and sell for N450m.
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by zadokchidi: 8:53am On Sep 04, 2022
This co3 is useless go and check 12mm that are been made now ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by wentroublecomes: 8:57am On Sep 04, 2022
kushma:
But government should be looking into the materials and methods used to construct these buildings to avoid this type of stories. I know this could have be averted if quality materials and proper means was used to construct this building. Hopefully the trapped people will come out alive

Not that they aren't looking into it but the officials sent to look into it are the problem.
They are all after brown envelope
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Freelane33(m): 9:04am On Sep 04, 2022
Blacks
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Toisade(m): 9:07am On Sep 04, 2022
There are lots of things that can cause this scenario,the engineer suppose test d strength of the soil maybe it withstand building and he must make sure he dig the foundation very well and the column and the impose load must be well taken off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by badoh(m): 9:10am On Sep 04, 2022
Nwodosis:
Usage of unprofessionals and substandard materials to build in order to save/ cut cost is the most expensive way to build.
Oga who go they build 7 story building in Lekki without employing qualified Engineers. Structural defects could be the cause or any other unforseen factors.

3 Likes

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Elidrisy20: 9:13am On Sep 04, 2022
7 storey building with red bricks lipsrsealed
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by CALCULUS16: 9:18am On Sep 04, 2022
God1000:
This is sad, more and more people continue to die from Jerry built houses.

Why are we doing this to ourselves in Nigeria! Why using substandard materials for building construction

it is not about substandard materials, it's about wrong/faulty design by the engineers.
If they put right design with consideration of the substandard materials they are going to use, it won't collapse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by dennisworld1(m): 9:18am On Sep 04, 2022
LUAN1:
Architect knows nothing about structural strength, like wise building technologist, bricks layers, surveyor, etc. No matter your years of experience. Only a civil engineer does.
what about the soil strength

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2022
racakinola:
Nawa for this our quack engineers ooo
Chai.. I dey find this type since. Already bought on Thursday but this ur own 12G ram shocked
E dey pain me say u no post am since oo
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by luluosas(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2022
Poor job execution to maximize profits. What an engineering disgrace.
I pray that the rescued alive in Jesus name. Amen
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Nwodosis(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2022
badoh:

Oga who go they build 7 story building in Lekki without employing qualified Engineers. Structural defects could be the cause or any other unforseen factors.
What of material the standards?
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Osariemen12: 9:28am On Sep 04, 2022
Oh! Not again. That slum called Lagos should be declared cemetery immediately.

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Agtech: 9:37am On Sep 04, 2022
Use of substandard materials in other to maximize profit
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Enny2013(f): 9:43am On Sep 04, 2022
Y are storey buildings collapsing in Lagos?
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Phcmayor(m): 9:48am On Sep 04, 2022
How is this house under construction
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by We4all: 10:00am On Sep 04, 2022
People are still trapped and some morons said no injury was sustained. Ayam not understanding. cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Mighty081(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2022
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Mighty081(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2022
That's 9ja's mentality for you
We4all:
People are still trapped and some morons said no injury was sustained. Ayam not understanding. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by LUAN1: 10:16am On Sep 04, 2022
dennisworld1:
what about the soil strength
a good civil engineer can do that too. Under geotechnic
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by Segzy19: 10:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Be reasonable!
Massiveglory:
Tinubu built lagos gang, where are you?
You should not only claim the good things of lagos. You must also claim responsibility for the Collasping structures.
I come in peace.
Re: 7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped by OgaTimo(m): 10:23am On Sep 04, 2022
a mumu people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buildng A Block Of 4 Flat As A Framed Structure. Pix, cost and challenges. / Photos From The Building Collapse In Lekki, Lagos This Morning / Look At The Price Of Cement In 1989

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.