Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election (13660 Views)

Chimamanda Asks US To Support Election Transparency In Nigeria / APC Dares INEC, Vows To Go Ahead With March 26 Convention / Poll Shift: Oshiomhole Dares INEC, To Resume Campaigns Despite Restriction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Kingspin(m): 6:24am On Sep 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Jittery over what exactly? Kanu, Emma Powerless etal don't derive almost 100% of their funding from the diaspora?

Has that helped them defeat Buhari and the Nigerian federal government?

If it were up to me I would let the foolish elements in the diaspora waste their money on the conman Obi who knows he cannot win yet wishes to exploit, same as Kanu and Simon Ekpa, the vulnerability of Nigerians in the diaspora who no longer understand the unique way of Nigeria.

Even trillions cannot get Obi a win because he cannot be President above others that the people, the system and power hierarchy of Nigeria see as more fitting to reside in Aso Rock.
He cannot be president, we have agree. So leave it there
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by FatimaAbubakar(f): 6:25am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

CBN and SEC will blacklist the bank accounts and those funding those blocked accounts. EFCC will go after those illegally sending inflows into such financial crimes account before INEC will sanction the mushroom party.

These inflows may actually be for funding the terrorist activities of the ipob terrorist group to stop elections in the SE so the DSS may as well be part of monitoring this illegality in order to protect our democracy.

They have really not taken any legal advice at all or spunned legal advice as they can get into trouble with the law in both US and here in Nigeria.
Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law o to avoid an unfortunate criminal incident that puts them against the law of a foreign land like Sen. Ekweremadu.

Don’t flout law on elections funding, FG warns

She added, “I have been hearing stories that you are going to raise this money for one person or the other. Whatever you do, don’t break the laws of elections and funding in Nigeria. I think that is very important.

“So, I won’t encourage you to break any law relating to political funding; you know how it is operated in America. Make sure you follow the laws in Nigeria as well
. So as we move on, I can guarantee you that under this administration, we will continue to protect our Diasporans.

“I urge you to do three things, as the President always says: be good ambassadors; obey the laws of whatever countries you are in; and let us continue to be proud of you and what you are doing,” she said.

https://punchng.com/dont-flout-law-on-elections-funding-fg-warns/
check my signature for free stuffs!

CHEAP STIPEND COLLECTOR

2 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Kingspin(m): 6:33am On Sep 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Bro, they should even let Obi waste the money of his gullible fellow IPOBians in the diaspora.

We need the money (raw dollars, pounds, Euros etal) flowing through Nigeria right now.

I am a big believer in the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted".
Politcians stole billions deny you good road, and security. During election
The same politician will turn round to give you 3k, use the same stolen money to campaign against you. Nigeria mumu de boil.

Here we have individuals you want to raise fund voluntary. Between a thief politician and individual citizen.
Nigerians are still grumbling.

Nigeria una mumu never done?

4 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 05, 2022
yerokunphilips:
I know these people will block all legitimate ways for Peter to raisue funds for this election. I think is think tank should be careful so they won't use this as a way to get him .
The law was there before Obi dreamt of contesting. Why are you like this my brother?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by frankputer: 6:43am On Sep 05, 2022
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by frankputer: 6:44am On Sep 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Jittery over what exactly? Kanu, Emma Powerless etal don't derive almost 100% of their funding from the diaspora?

If it were up to me I would let the foolish elements in the diaspora waste their money on the conman Obi who knows he cannot win yet wishes to exploit, same as Kanu and Simon Ekpa, the vulnerability of Nigerians in the diaspora who no longer understand the unique way of Nigeria.

Even trillions cannot get Obi a win because he cannot be President above others that the people, the system and power hierarchy of Nigeria see as more fitting to reside in Aso Rock.[s][/s]

Empty Skull has spoke.
Skull filled with relaxer has spoken.

2 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Cantonese: 6:51am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

CBN and SEC will blacklist the bank accounts and those funding those blocked accounts. EFCC will go after those illegally sending inflows into such financial crimes account before INEC will sanction the mushroom party.

These inflows may actually be for funding the terrorist activities of the ipob terrorist group to stop elections in the SE so the DSS may as well be part of monitoring this illegality in order to protect our democracy.

They have really not taken any legal advice at all or spunned legal advice as they can get into trouble with the law in both US and here in Nigeria.
Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law o to avoid an unfortunate criminal incident that puts them against the law of a foreign land like Sen. Ekweremadu.

She added, “I have been hearing stories that you are going to raise this money for one person or the other. Whatever you do, don’t break the laws of elections and funding in Nigeria. I think that is very important.

“So, I won’t encourage you to break any law relating to political funding; you know how it is operated in America. Make sure you follow the laws in Nigeria as well
. So as we move on, I can guarantee you that under this administration, we will continue to protect our Diasporans.

“I urge you to do three things, as the President always says: be good ambassadors; obey the laws of whatever countries you are in; and let us continue to be proud of you and what you are doing,” she said.

“ These inflows may actuallye be for funding the terrorist activities of the ipob terrorist group to stop elections in the SE so the DSS may as well be part of monitoring this illegality in order to protect our democracy”.

Sometimes some of you embarrass yourselves with comments that are meaningless or absolutely senseless.

What’s the business of Labour Party with IPOB? When Buhari made the comment that “an attack against boko haram is an attack against the north”, who associated that with APC? Did that comment have anything to do with APC as a party? By the way, did APC not receive support from boko haram elements? However it was, how did it turn out to be “funding for terrorist activities…”? Did you not hear that APC too received funding from the diaspora in 2015?

There is a cap to the amount political parties can use during the elections. Do Nigerian politicians play by the rules? Will BAT and Atiku play by the financial rules, judging by what played out during their primaries, their desperation for the position and the last Osun state election? Will APC and PDP not receive funding from the diaspora for 2023?

Why has Peter Obi been singled out? What is the fear? I thought they said since LP had no structure, they outrightly dismissed the party as a failure.

How would CBN and SEC blacklist the account without illegal funds in them? Do you think the likes of Pat Utomi or Nigerians who earn their incomes legitimately abroad would have their names stained by sponsoring illegal acts?

You assume the funds would be used to stop elections in the SE and “protect our democracy”. Which democracy are you talking about please? Democracy demands equity and fairness. Where is the fairness in your democracy to the SE? BAT absolutely removed the SE from his equation, expecting votes from the SW and north to become the president of Nigeria. Where is the democracy when the SE and SS are not in that calculation? Atiku contested when he knew power should shift to the south. Where is the democracy please?

Elections will definitely hold in the SE and SS. What citizens from those areas demand is equal participation. It is their right in a democratic setting.

Making such comments as yours simply is recipe for disaster.

Put on your thinking cap please.

3 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 05, 2022
Bobloco:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-obi-dares-inec-nidcom-goes-for-diaspora-funds-to-support-election-campaign/

Hmmm! The Labour party can actually raise funds in accordance with the express provisions of Section 225 if it complies with the express provision of Section 225. Insofar as it does not intend to retain the funds.

It can simply donate these funds to charity organizations working under its mandate of rebuilding Nigeria before the funds get to Nigeria.

Section 225 (3) does not expressly forbid a political party from raising funds. The Koko is that it cannot receive, retain or keep it in its possession and if it receives such funds from the diaspora, it must declare and transmit it to INEC within 21 days of receipt.

So a Political Party can actually raise funds for good cause and ask that the funds be donated to sister charitable organizations.

So no cause for alarm is Labour Party does this and you know the rest sha.
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by NLElder: 7:06am On Sep 05, 2022
Sowiki:

The law was there before Obi dreamt of contesting. Why are you like this my brother?
Really? The law was there? And some Nigerians like you who like suffering perpetually, did not remember the law in 2015 when APC did same thing in UK? Please stop all these noise.

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Chienex24(m): 7:06am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

For as long as funds do not get into the hands of ipob terrorists then our democracy is safe.
All the places in Lagos burnt by the ipob terrorist group are yet to be rebuilt now you do not think Nigerians should be vigilant about attempts to get funds across to ipob backing HE Obi? Nigerians are not stupid o.

But our money can safely get into the hands of repentant bokoharam terrorists and bandits u this tribal bigot!!

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by donbenie(m): 7:08am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Hypocrite..
Keep ranting..
You will soon run mad!
Signature kill you there!

2 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by omenka(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:

It is " SHED" *

It is clear you are the one shedding tears. Your primary school teachers are also shedding tears for you.
These are the remnants of ipob dregs. There mostly illiterate and senseless.

The same people who say they want a better country are the ones insisting that a known law be broken.

No wonder Freeze and Femi called them zombies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by AdamuKD: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You reason through your anus

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by tehilah92(f): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2022
OfficialAwol:

You guys are now jittery.

Ruling party now playing opposition party.

See how this structureless party is now causing you people sleepless nights.

Is our Lord not good?

Our Lord is good o
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by pobosky20(m): 7:39am On Sep 05, 2022
Getting funds from outside for campaign is too risky. We can't encourage that at this moment. We know how some religious groups also get their funds from outside only to fund terrorist agenda. We need to be very careful on this. This is election.
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by NwaMamaIwota(f): 7:41am On Sep 05, 2022
omenka:

The same people who say they want a better country are the ones insisting that a known law be broken.

stale like impotent benue sperm

2 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Emman08: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2022
It's funny how the law only applies to certain people from certain regions of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Blazebond(m): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2022
They are being warned now and they are still forming stubborn headed,when the hammer of suspension falls on them, nobody should shout foul o,laws are laws and it must be respected and obeyed.
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Naajjii: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2022
Patriotsleague:

It's against the law, can't you read?

If you support lawlessness don't come complain later.
But APC and PDP also get dollars from abroad

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Patriotsleague: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2022
Naajjii:

But APC and PDP also get dollars from abroad
Now you are sounding really stupid. Pat Utomi himself said labor party will launch diaspora funding. Don't just say things without fact.
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

you wanted to claim that you are smart initially but your bias already shows you don't have sense.

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Jittery bawo Is it my money or you think CBN, EFCC, DSS and INEC are deaf and dumb?
You want to behave like criminals who want to break our electoral laws and Nigerians say "No!"

Most Nigerians know the money will be used to fund the terrorist actions of ipob terrorists that HE Obi lp recruited for campaign.

How is labour party linked to IPOB is it that you don't have sense or what or how are we sure that the funds Tinubu will dole out to APC especially in the north won't be used to fund BH, bandits and killer herdsmen. Oga havr sense abeg.

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2022
Dsalvo:

Even trillions cannot get Obi a win because he cannot be President above others that the people, the system and power hierarchy of Nigeria see as more fitting to reside in Aso Rock.

So Obi is not fitting for Aso Rock because he is an igbo man. your tribalism is getting the better of you, just know this if you guys scheme against Obi it is all to Atiku's advantage because Tinubu ain't winning this election. He knows that the north will play a patsy on him and Buhari doesn't care less about supporting an APC candidate as he has fulfilled his wish.

2 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 05, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

For as long as funds do not get into the hands of ipob terrorists then our democracy is safe.
All the places in Lagos burnt by the ipob terrorist group are yet to be rebuilt now you do not think Nigerians should be vigilant about attempts to get funds across to ipob backing HE Obi? Nigerians are not stupid o.

How are we sure that the funds Tinubu doles out to the north doesn't fund Bandits, BH and killer herdsmen? Oga have small sense.
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2022
adioolayi:

Section 225 (3) (a) and (b) of the constitution was mentioned to Prof Pat Utomi yesterday by Seun Okinbaloye on ChannelsTv....and Prof was literally calling the bluff of the constitution, saying they will go ahead.

I am not a lawyer...but it was clear, it is ilegal to use diaspora crowd funding to prosecute elections in Nigeria.

But APC did it in 2014

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Peter Obi- tuary and crimes go hand in hand.
The law says no foreign money but these criminals trying to justify their criminal Enterprise.
They are only scamming the gullible ones anyway because they will not even win a single state with their foreign loot.

you don't have sense
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Thunder fire Obi the Pandora thief, father of a terrorist.

you are even worse because your tribal bigotry makes you the son of a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 05, 2022
omenka:

You this man you have no shame you come here to display hatred for the igbo did you say this when APC UK donated funds in 2014 for Buhari? This hatred of yours will consume you walahi continue.

2 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 05, 2022
obynzo:

So Obi is not fitting for Aso Rock because he is an igbo man. your tribalism is getting the better of you, just know this if you guys scheme against Obi it is all to Atiku's advantage because Tinubu ain't winning this election. He knows that the north will play a patsy on him and Buhari doesn't care less about supporting an APC candidate as he has fulfilled his wish.

Tinubu will win but I am not worried if Atiku does. Yorubas will get what is shown below because we are eager to turn our region into the UK of Sub-Saharan Africa.

One of my favourite motivational saying is from Victor Hugo. “No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come.”

If you Igbos don't use all the sense and intellect you have to chase money and material wealth, up and down, then you'd understand this. Nigerians are only delaying the inevitable shown below.

Only the Yorubas and the Hausa/Fulanis, for different reasons, i.e desperately for and desperately against, are acting as if they know this while you lot are walking around totally blind.

If you Igbos had any sense of self-preservation and reality you'd queue behind Tinubu and not the fraudulent clown called Peter Obi.

Mark my words, Obi will collapse his campaign for Atiku. It is obvious. Attacking and mocking his fellow Southerner in Tinubu yet literally licking Atiku’s behind everywhere they meet when that is the same person Obi hinted schemed him out of the PDP race.

The only explanation that fits is that Obi, for his lack of anger toward Atiku, planned the whole thing with team North in the PDP.

Contrast with Wike a proper man, even if not to everyone's taste, who remains mad at Atiku, Tambuwal and others for their betrayal of the South. His words after losing were "I cannot be a slave in my own Country".

Turncoat Obi does not feel like that. He has even gone into overdrive licking Atiku’s azz after the Dubai candidate emerged PDP candidate. He has always been a boy boy and slave begging and pleading up and down.

He is now slyly doing a 'Tambuwal' for Atiku on the national stage. Meanwhile Yorubas pass una. When we get what is shown below, because it is a question of when, then you can rotate the Nigerian Presidency between the North and the SE forever.

1 Like

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by Basher8583: 9:37am On Sep 05, 2022
OfficialAwol:

You guys are now jittery.

Ruling party now playing opposition party.

See how this structureless party is now causing you people sleepless nights.

Is our Lord not good?

You should be happy that your illiterate a$$ has been tipped on what will disqualify Peter Obi in the coming polls.

Na you uninformed illiterates go take your hand finish Peter Obi.
Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by ElijahOnyeka: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2022
APC can't take half of what they're dishing out. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Labor Dares INEC, NIDCOM, Goes For Diaspora Funds To Support Election by lagosrd: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2022
yerokunphilips:
I know these people will block all legitimate ways for Peter to raise funds for this election. I think is think tank should be careful so they won't use this as a way to get him .

Efforts in fruitility. What were they able to do to the end sars funding routes. Nothing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Assembly, Others ‘disown’ Aiyedatiwa Over Akeredolu-succession Claim / PDP Crisis: Party Bigwigs Consider Engaging EFCC Against NWC Members / EFCC Begins Search For Abdulrasheed Maina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.