Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out (10625 Views)

Nigeria Loses Billions Of Naira As Customs E-auction Platform Collapses / Russia-Ukraine Crisis Fuelling Surge In Food Prices – Buhari / Tambuwal: Buhari’s Exclusion Of South-East Is Fuelling Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Ivimmanuel: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2022
Sai baba
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by OnonujuChrist(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2022
And that's why the Nigeria government will never allow indigenous companies to bloom, because of all the money they are realizing from duties. If a vehicle manufacturing company like Innoson Motors had been given the opportunity and was also been patronized by the people in government, I believe that by now another company would have started thinking of a vehicle manufacturing set up. Only God can vindicate this we country.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Bluffly: 7:16am On Sep 05, 2022
77up:
Innosso car price too na no go area, it is well with our country.
Most things are not cheap anywhere in the world. Nigeria's propblem is that of a reliable financing structure unlike the likes of USA, UK, Canada.....

2 Likes

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Chidex50(m): 7:20am On Sep 05, 2022
bhella10:
Jagaban will get rid of this problem
Someone that brought the problem. I don't get it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by virginchaser(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2022
Xbobtage:
Thus Satanic Sleeping president and his fork tongued two faced vice has completely abandoned our forex to rot. We are back over 700 naira to the dollar. Why cant this useless people understand that fall of the naira will collapse the economy itself.

Why not stop this thieving fuel subsidy and rather direct all registered public transportation vehicles to buy fuel and diesel from NNPC Mega stations, areas where there are no NNPC mega stations you build new ones. us part of that subsidy money to intervene in the forex market and send our naira back below 300.

Those if us who heavily invested in this country with hopes that we would have been able to use the proceeds from our investments to pay our childrens school fees someday have seen our investment loose value at over 400% in value with the naira going from 170 to 702 per dollar.

God will punish this wicked ruling Government, APC Party and its supporters.

I am trying hard not to regret.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by TenQ: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2022
Bluffly:
Anyways, the 10 years policy has been in place years ago but has not been adhered to. Everyone must not have a vehicle. Even those that have are tired of driving every day in heavy traffic. A large number of vehicles on the road needs to be discouraged and we need a clean, safe and efficient public transport system.

A minimum healthy standard must be implemented in the transport system.
If you were the inventor of the mobile phone, you would have said ":

"Everyone must not have a phone!"

I think it's a wrong mindset: in a prosperous nation, everyone is ABLE to afford to purchase a vehicle.

4 Likes

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by ufotunang: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2022
We have cars that are manufactured in nigeria owned by nigerians and the automobile companies.....let buy the one manufactured in nigeria..we like foreign goods too much..we do not value our own things.. that is why the exchange rate for dollars to naira is high...750 naira to a dollar...the cars manufacturef here in nigeria are more cheaper
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by COMPAQ(m): 7:27am On Sep 05, 2022
jjcena:
Maintain your old cars the best you can. In Ivory coast currently, you can't import any vehicle older than 7 years

I thought its also a Nigeria policy that 2nd vehicles cannot be older than 10years? This had been in place for years. Its not a new thing.

1 Like

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by nedekid: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2022
Jennifer663:
For real
For real, I hear the cheapest car to clear now cost minimum 1.1m!
I was with a friend last week at Sam's yard. Container loading point in rainham. He loaded 2 cars and was complaining of the clearing cost. That the cheapest car to clear was ₦1.1m upwards. That they are evaluated as 2013. So you buy a 2003 car but you pay 2013 duty! All he complained about was the increased cost of clearing and that if you have a car in Nigeria, keep it well cost the rising cost will make it difficult for Nigerians to buy.
He said our leaders were all gov pikin that never struggled for money so are insensitive to the plight of ordinary Nigerians.
Do you know we are poorer than people in the UK, yet we pay more for cars than they do?

2 Likes

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by apache22b: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2022
The mods are FOOLS

Jennifer663:
For real
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by 77up(m): 7:35am On Sep 05, 2022
Bluffly:

Most things are not cheap anywhere in the world. Nigeria's propblem is that of a reliable financing structure unlike the likes of USA, UK, Canada.....
No be lie
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by rajiedreez: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2022
cheesy well, it's both good and bad as far as I'm concerned
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Fearyourcreator: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2022
jjcena:
Maintain your old cars the best you can. In Ivory coast currently, you can't import any vehicle older than 7 years
Nigerians just like wahala... I say it again ... Nigerians are not just ready for the change we all we enjoy ... if OBI gets there he will understand better...
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Fearyourcreator: 7:41am On Sep 05, 2022
Xbobtage:
Thus Satanic Sleeping president and his fork tongued, two faced vice has completely abandoned our forex to rot. We are back over 700 naira to the dollar. Why cant this useless people understand that fall of the naira will collapse the economy itself.

Why not stop this thieving fuel subsidy and rather direct all registered public transportation vehicles to buy fuel and diesel from NNPC Mega stations, areas where there are no NNPC mega stations you build new ones. use part of that subsidy money to intervene in the forex market and send our naira back below 300.

Those of us who heavily invested in this country with hopes that we would have been able to use the proceeds from our investments to pay our childrens school fees someday have seen our investment loose value at over 400% in value with the naira going from 170 to 702 per dollar.

God will punish this wicked ruling Government, APC Party and its supporters.
You know so many behind keyboard... Help us ooo
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by SeaTrade(m): 7:42am On Sep 05, 2022
nedekid:

For real, I hear the cheapest car to clear now cost minimum 1.1m!
I was with a friend last week at Sam's yard. Container loading point in rainham. He loaded 2 cars and was complaining of the clearing cost. That the cheapest car to clear was ₦1.1m upwards. That they are evaluated as 2013. So you buy a 2003 car but you pay 2013 duty! All he complained about was the increased cost of clearing and that if you have a car in Nigeria, keep it well cost the rising cost will make it difficult for Nigerians to buy.
He said our leaders were all gov pikin that never struggled for money so are insensitive to the plight of ordinary Nigerians.
Do you know we are poorer than people in the UK, yet we pay more for cars than they do?
Not true sir!
Emission taxes and monthly insurance alone in the UK can buy a car in Nigeria.
Not to talk of high fuel prices and repairs.
Why do you think people mostly drive small engined,manual cars in the UK? undecided
You think they want to?
Na for naija weh poor man dey drive V8.

1 Like

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by jjcena(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2022
COMPAQ:

I thought its also a Nigeria policy that 2nd vehicles cannot be older than 10years? This had been in place for years. Its not a new thing.

Its not only a Nigerian thing, some other African countries have similar policies in place so as not to turn their country into dumping ground for old vehicles.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by seunmsg(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2022
The computation is the problem and not a ge e-valuation policy itself. Government should have a second look at the computation again. Hello he cost of clearing vehicles is really too high.

3 Likes

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by EgunMogaji2: 7:49am On Sep 05, 2022
OnonujuChrist:
And that's why the Nigeria government will never allow indigenous companies to bloom, because of all the money they are realizing from duties. If a vehicle manufacturing company like Innoson Motors had been given the opportunity and was also been patronized by the people in government, I believe that by now another company would have started thinking of a vehicle manufacturing set up. Only God can vindicate this we country.

IVM owner has com out to say that the government is his biggest customer. IVM and others who assembles CKD vehicles pay 0% import duty. There’s nothing more that the government can do to enable the industry that they haven’t done.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by EgunMogaji2: 7:51am On Sep 05, 2022
Bluffly:

IVM offers financing.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by EgunMogaji2: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2022
seunmsg:
The computation is the problem and not a ge e-valuation policy itself. Government should have a second look at the computation again. Hello he cost of clearing vehicles is really too high.

I’m a victim but my God pass them.

I paid N2.4M more due to reevaluation policy,

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by sonogo(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2022
jjcena:
In Ivory Coast currently the government also maintain the road to standards or don’t you know that Nigeria roads kills vehicle fast.

2 Likes

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Lifeiseazi: 8:07am On Sep 05, 2022
OnonujuChrist:
Which opportunity do you want again for IVM,which patronage do you want again from government cause I don’t understand your this your comment o Abi you expecting government to fund IVM 100%?

Moreover the are several car assembly and manufacture plants in Nigeria, it’s you Nigerians that should do more in patronizing them if you think they are worth more.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by nedekid: 8:08am On Sep 05, 2022
SeaTrade:
Not true sir!
Emission taxes and monthly insurance alone in the UK can buy a car in Nigeria.
Not to talk of high fuel prices and repairs.
Why do you think people mostly drive small engined,manual cars in the UK? undecided
You think they want to?
Na for naija weh poor man dey drive V8.
I disagree. My paddy eg bought a late model Toyota avensis for 800 and a bus for 1000. He loaded them in a container. He complained that by the time it gets to naija, people cannot pay for it. So he has to give it out on hire purchase for 7-8m.
1000+2500 for clearing and shipping ie 3500 x825=2.888m.
Ie you land a car you bought for 1k pounds for ₦2.88m.
Go to a hyundai dealership. Infact the one at Stratford Westfield. There is a kona electric car, You pay 2k deposit and pick up the car, pay 200-250 monthly. That same car August last year in naija was 27m cash. Today it is probably more like 35m! Money you go use buy house!
I am not talking of running cost. Besides how much is fuel compared to their earnings or minimum wage? Our minimum wage is 30k, and I use almost half of that to fill my tank.

5 Likes

Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by olaitoro(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2022
bhella10:
Jagaban will get rid of this problem

The problem he was among the party that created it.

Will he go against APC manifesto? Which is tormenting an average Nigerian.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by bhella10: 9:49am On Sep 05, 2022
Chidex50:

Someone that brought the problem. I don't get it?
How did he create the problem
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Ate247(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2022
Bluffly:
Anyways, the 10 years policy has been in place years ago but has not been adhered to. Everyone must not have a vehicle. Even those that have are tired of driving every day in heavy traffic. A large number of vehicles on the road needs to be discouraged and we need a clean, safe and efficient public transport system.

A minimum healthy standard must be implemented in the transport system.
so what have the useless government put in place. Are there mono rails? No state in Nigeria have efficient mass transit. You can't be milking Nigerians ane no result from the excessive taxes.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by iamsolasoul(f): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2022
They should lower the fees. Lower fees means more business and also discourages thieves.
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by Chidex50(m): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2022
bhella10:
How did he create the problem
He boastfully said that he brought Buhari and made him president. What does that tell you?
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by oluwarotimi504: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2022
APC doesn't mean well for the ordinary Nigerian!APC doesn't mean well for the ordinary Nigerian!...
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by CocoaOla: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2022
apc does not mean well for nigerian

Nigerians are now turned to rag slave in their own land. jalopy car cost 5m now cars are cheaper everywhere else except Nigeria.
more inflations more poverties
minimum wages remain 30k

standard of living zero

car sold for 800k a year ago now 4m welcome to the land of the dead's nothing works

government is behind this inflation sinking Nigerians into deep abject poverty
Re: Customs E-valuation Policy Fuelling Smuggling, Motor Dealers Cry Out by bhella10: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
Chidex50:

He boastfully said that he brought Buhari and made him president. What does that tell you?
Didn't he support GEJ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions More Projects By Katsina State Government / Northern Elders, Youths Endorse Jonathan For 2015 / Hours After El Rufai Grievous Sickness & Him Flown Abroad Was Reported – See His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.