Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy (1438 Views)

If You're Not Lazy And Can Work 3-5 Hours A Day? Click Here / Types Of Spirits That Make Nigerian Youths Mentally Lazy And Unproductive / Nigerian Youths Are Truly Lazy, Just Like The President's Observation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
I think it's childish to fixed an appointment with an employer and not show up. It's even more childish to lie that you're on your way to the interview venue when you're not.

A guy chatted me up few days ago pertaining to the job advert I posted some days ago. He was saying all sort of thing that he's ready for interview anytime the school choose.

I asked him to pick a day and time that will be convenient for him, he picked Monday (11am). I helped him fixed the date and time with the employer citing some excuses that he's coming from long distance.

On the said day, I called him and he has the effrontery to lied that he's on his way. I told the employer that he's on his way, they waited for him and the guy did not later show up. He switched off his phone and he dodge my messages on WhatsApp. What kind of behavior can we call this?

I decided to add the screenshot of our conversation.
Scroll down for the complete screenshot

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by Lighthouse50: 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
What an immature fellow. So funny and sad at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by PastorFire: 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
And who exactly are you to use a singular incident to stereotype the youths?

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by obyrich(m): 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
Please talk true. Are you sure it is not GNLD? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by Exxxgeee: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
obyrich:
Are u d lazy nigerian yoot? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmmaJnr1: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
I won't blame the guy. most of you employers are very stupid. You post low pay jobs and refuse to state your salary because you know many people won't apply when they see your poor salary. later on when the person later got to know your low salary and decides not to turn up you now begin to say rubbish.

Same thing happened to my neighbor. He got an interview for a sales job, he said he asked the employer to tell him the salary of the job after he applied but the woman refused to say the salary. My neighbor told me that evening that he will be having an interview the next day but after he told me the name of the company, I told him not to go after doing a research about the stupid company. The company pays 30k and you will need to walk in the street selling their herb medicine.

You employers are at fault. Display the salary and the name of the company so the employees can make good decisions.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by LikeAking: 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
Abeg free am.

People wey no dey lazy wetin dem don achieve?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by obyrich(m): 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2022
Exxxgeee:
Are u d lazy nigerian yoot? grin
Lol. I am not a youth yet bro.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by OperationalVehi: 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2022
Maybe he discovered you will be paying 15k as salary.
I wouldn't show up too if I was him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by Graceunlimitedd(m): 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
EmperorTolson:
I think it's childish to fixed an appointment with an employer and not show up. It's even more childish to lie that you're on your way to the interview venue when you're not.

A guy chatted me up few days ago pertaining to the job advert I posted some days ago. He was saying all sort of thing that he's ready for interview anytime the school choose.

I asked him to pick a day and time that will be convenient for him, he picked Monday (11am). I helped him fixed the date and time with the employer citing some excuses that he's coming from long distance.

On the said day, I called him and he has the effrontery to lied that he's on his way. I told the employer that he's on his way, they waited for him and the guy did not later show up. He switched off his phone and he dodge my messages on WhatsApp. What kind of behavior can we call this?
was it on this forum you met him?
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by Graceunlimitedd(m): 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2022
obyrich:
or neolyfe grin
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by liveyourlife007(m): 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2022
EmperorTolson:

He's not interested in working for you. He want to make fast money. Like money ritual. Or yahoo . It's not like you will pay him well. At most you will pay him 100k.( If it will even reach).
Everybody is guilty of this one. It's not even a crime, To not show up as promised. That's how life is wired. If it's a crime at all, then it's a general crime. I am guilty of this too.

This guy invited for an interview, i showed up, during the interview, he asked me how much was i payed in my last job. I said 1.5 million naira. I know I passed my boundary, but in Life, always aim high. We will pay you 50k. Was his reply.
Then I said no problem, then he said there will be a second interview with my employer. I said no problem I will show up but never did.

Then at that moment I realized say na ONLY yahoo go solve my problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by worldclass68(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2022
LikeAking:
Abeg free am.

People wey no dey lazy wetin dem don achieve?

grin
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 8:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
PastorFire:
He's not the first case, but his own is worse. Why does he have to lie that he's at the park, that he's coming. It'd have at least saved us some stress if he'd said he's not coming instead of lying.
He is so perfect with the lie. Anybody will fall for it.

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2022
obyrich:
It's not GNLD
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
OperationalVehi:
Maybe he discovered you will be paying 15k as salary.
I wouldn't show up too if I was him
The salary was written in the advert. He saw it before he chatted me.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
was it on this forum you met him?
Yes
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 9:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
or neolyfe grin
Neither of the two.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
liveyourlife007:

He's not interested in working for you. He want to make fast money. Like money ritual. Or yahoo . It's not like you will pay him well. At most you will pay him 100k.( If it will even reach).
Everybody is guilty of this one. It's not even a crime, To not show up as promised. That's how life is wired. If it's a crime at all, then it's a general crime. I am guilty of this too.

This guy invited for an interview, i showed up, during the interview, he asked me how much was i payed in my last job. I said 1.5 million naira. I know I passed my boundary, but in Life, always aim high. We will pay you 50k. Was his reply.
Then I said no problem, then he said there will be a second interview with my employer. I said no problem I will show up but never did.

Then at that moment I realized say na ONLY yahoo go solve my problem.

He doesn't have to lie to me, we didn't have any discussion that'll make him to lie. Moreso, I called him on the day of interview to know what to tell the interviewer, he said he's at the park (all lies).
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by PastorFire: 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
EmperorTolson:

He's not the first case, but his own is worse. Why does he have to lie that he's at the park, that he's coming. It'd have at least saved us some stress if he'd said he's not coming instead of lying.
He is so perfect with the lie. Anybody will fall for it.

Read your headline again. Carefully this time around. Name your ill-mannered contacts as lazy. If there was an association of Nigerian youths, they could make a fortune off your head in court (that's if you have any).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by Graceunlimitedd(m): 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
EmperorTolson:

Yes
what pains me the most is that these are the kind of people that blocks the chances of other genuine job seekers.
Now you'll most likely not take people on this forum serious anymore.
what's the job about?
please can you put me through?
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
Lighthouse50:
What an immature fellow. So funny and sad at the same time.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
what pains me the most is that these are the kind of people that blocks the chances of other genuine job seekers.
Now you'll most likely not take people on this forum serious anymore.
what's the job about?
please can you put me through?
Would You Accept #30,000+ Teaching Job.
Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!
A reputable school, is recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title : Experienced & Qualified Teacher

Employment Type : Full-time

Job Description
We need Experienced & Qualified Teachers in both Primary and Secondary Sections of the School

Requirement
NCE / HND / Bachelor's Degree qualification.

Application Closing Date : 12th September, 2022.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV through WhatsApp to 08035772903 or 08062782352 using the Job Title as the subject of the message.

NB: Only qualified candidates living in Ikirun and it's environ will be considered.

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by Graceunlimitedd(m): 11:21pm On Sep 05, 2022
EmperorTolson:

Job Description
We need Experienced & Qualified Teachers in both Primary and Secondary Sections of the School

Requirement

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV through WhatsApp to 08035772903 or 08062782352 using the Job Title as the subject of the message.

NB: Only qualified candidates living in Ikirun and it's environ will be considered.
wow I'd have accepted the job without hesitation cos i need a job like this especially a teaching one since that's my specialty (i have a B.Ed) while my M.ED is in view (ASUU strike wahala) but the issue here is the location.
I'm in Delta State like this and i have no one around that axis i could link you up with.
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by EmperorTolson: 11:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
wow I'd have accepted the job without hesitation cos i need a job like this especially a teaching one since that's my specialty (i have a B.Ed) while my M.ED is in view (ASUU strike wahala) but the issue here is the location.
I'm in Delta State like this and i have no one around that axis i could link you up with.
It's alright sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by MrBachelor: 12:15am On Sep 06, 2022
EmperorTolson:

You're the stupid person here, you don't have to reason like a slowpoke, if you go through the thread carefully, you'll see where it was written that he's not the only person.
Based on the sample I collected, I can say Nigeria Youths Are Lazy.
This is not a fallacy of aesthetic generalization.
Moreover, direct your insults to the person that first made the statement.

So what sample size have you collected to reach that conclusion, sir?

And are you also lazy?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by VKN23: 12:21am On Sep 06, 2022
EmperorTolson:

Job Description

Requirement

How to Apply

if youre interested with just 1k I can create an upgrade of this flyer for yoy
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by Tallesty1(m): 3:42am On Sep 06, 2022
PastorFire:
The idiot is also a Nigerian youth so don't expect him to understand what you're saying
Re: Nigeria Youths Are Truly Lazy by lereinter(m): 8:49am On Sep 06, 2022
For this you call call nigerian youth lazy

You must be a jester

He changed his mind so offer another person the job abi is he the only one that applied.

Who takes private school job serious

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Committed Ghost Writer Needed / 5 Things You Can Do To Have Your Salary Raised Within The Next Three Months / Intercontinental!what Is Our Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.