Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot (3257 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / I'm Having Sleepless Nights Over A Mistake. What Do I Do / My Wife Has To Be Drunk Before Making Love With Me –mortuary Attendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by fineboynl(m): 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
I went to the market to get a new set of pots. My aluminum pots are not fancy i use those cheap aluminum pots. What I noticed about aluminum pot is that they expand and the most annoying thing is the bottom bulges out. It No longer flat for an electric cooktop and also the cover no longer fits on the pot correctly.

I went to the market to check out the pot to buy. There is one that enters my eye. It was a coated and non stick pot very heavy and it has thick steel bottom. More like they glue a thick flat steel on the bottom.

Below is the picture of the pot I found online. It's comes in 4 sets and the guy said it's 45k.

My problem of the pot is that since it's aluminum. Will the steel bottom not pull off when the aluminum expand? Is anyone using this pot?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Hafizah(f): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2022
No idea on this type of non-sticky pots as it looks like one, u have to consider what u use to cook, is it gas or stove, cos those pots cant stand high heat. Why dont u go for thicker aluminium pots like tower, mr. Chef or Crownstar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by fineboynl(m): 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2022
Hafizah:
No idea on this type of non-sticky pots as it looks like one, u have to consider what u use to cook, is it gas or stove, cos those pots cant stand high heat. Why dont u go for thicker aluminium pots like tower, mr. Chef or Crownstar
gas and electric. I need a pot with think bottom that will not expend. And also stylish. Yes they are non stick pot.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Acidosis(m): 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2022
Search the product/brand on Jumia and read buyers' review/ratings.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by pocohantas(f): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
fineboynl:
gas and electric. I need a pot with think bottom that will not expend. And also stylish. Yes they are non stick pot.

It is okay. Not the best quality out there, but it would serve you with good maintenance.

I believe it should be cheaper than 45k now.

Ensure you do not use iron sponge on it. Else you would scratch the coat that serves as non-stick.

Do not use metal utensils. Silicon or wooden is fine.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Richy4(m): 11:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
I believe say detail oriented dey your CV Sha... For the life of me, I no go for know whether pot dey expand or not.. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Esthered: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2022
fineboynl:
I was gifted this brand in the picture. I noticed from day one that the cover doesn't fit the pot well.
Please go for a better brand.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Beremx(f): 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2022
fineboynl:
I can get you quality tokunbo Korean non stick pots that you will enjoy using. If you want new ones, you might have to budget more for it. Getting a high quality set of pots can cost as much as 60-70k. DM if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by fineboynl(m): 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2022
Richy4:
I believe say detail oriented dey your CV Sha... For the life of me, I no go for know whether pot dey expand or not.. embarassed
lol.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by fineboynl(m): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2022
Beremx:
I can get you quality tokunbo Korean non stick pots that you will enjoy using. If you want new ones, you might have to budget more for it. Getting a high quality set of pots can cost as much as 60-70k. DM if you are interested.
how much is the toks set?
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Beremx(f): 4:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
fineboynl:
how much is the toks set?
I tried to reply your message it wasn’t delivering
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by omorkelly(m): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2022
Beware
Beware
Beware………….A WORD IS ENOUGH
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by fineboynl(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
Beremx:
I tried to reply your message it wasn’t delivering
lol. Mailbox deactivated. Is been long I use it. But I just reactivate is now. Try it again.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Beremx(f): 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2022
fineboynl:
lol. Mailbox deactivated. Is been long I use it. But I just reactivate is now. Try it again.
sent
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by fineboynl(m): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2022
Beremx:
sent
didn't receive. Test this number. Let me know if you saw it I will remove it.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by descarado: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2022
Must you buy nonstick.
Waste of money. In the next 3 years, you are buying new set.

The worst pot to use in Nigeria is nonstick.
Will never recommend it.
Good quality branded aluminium pots full market. Na your money. Aluminum is actually the most expensive out there and you can use till thy kingdom come as long as you know the rules on how to maintain them. And they come in diff designs too.
We see nonstick cos it's diff from what we use and associated with abroad and we rush. It's like using foreign Dutch oven in an average naija family.

I'm sure you are a guy. Will give it 6 months. Max 1 yr.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by pocohantas(f): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
descarado:
Must you buy nonstick.

Will never recommend it.
Good quality branded aluminium pots full market. Na your money. Aluminum is actually the most expensive out there and you can use till thy kingdom come as long as you know the rules on how to maintain them. And they come in diff designs too.
We see nonstick cos it's diff from what we use and associated with abroad and we rush. It's like using foreign Dutch oven in an average naija family.

Des, be calming down. lipsrsealed
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by fineboynl(m): 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2022
descarado:
Must you buy nonstick.

Will never recommend it.

guy those aluminum pot in the market expend. Besides they are too ugly in bringing out the beauty of the kitchen.

I prefer a cast chrome iron pot but they are over 150k. Very thick and heavy if you are watching big brother ninja you will see a chrome cast iron pot with the weight of a small size dumbbell and even when you off your heat source the pot will be boiling for no more than 5 minutes more.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by descarado: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2022
fineboynl:
guy those aluminum pot in the market expend. Besides they are too ugly in bringing out the beauty of the kitchen.

I prefer a cast chrome iron pot but they are over 150k. Very thick and heavy if you are watching big brother ninja you will see a chrome cast iron pot with the weight of a small size dumbbell and even when you off your heat source the pot will be boiling for no more than 5 minutes more.
You are schooling me about pots?
Bye
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Hafizah(f): 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2022
fineboynl:
Really dont know much about this kind of pot. I will suggest you go for tower, crownstar or mr. Chef, the aluminium pot that we use to know, these are new fashioned and I have no idea about their durability
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by descarado: 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2022
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by descarado: 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
pocohantas:

Des, be calming down. lipsrsealed

You use nonstick grin
I'm just being honest. No matter how careful you are, they don't last. I literally have to throw everything I have here away. Once they start peeling, game over and they must peel.

As long as you are making naija food especially soups that take ages, you need good sturdy pot and nonstick isn't meant for it. We cook on very high heat for long. Not good for non stick at all. It will naturally start melting. We wash anyhow, not good for nonstick. Washing the under of pot requires aluminium sponge and mistakenly, you scratch the back, the beauty is gone.
It start peeling,na so you go dey chop Teflon.

You can buy perfect pots for your use that are not nonstick with so many designs. Na your pocket. I can only get small nonstick for turning semo cos of burning.
Let me show you aluminium pots you can buy that's fanciful. These companies have branches in China in think so their products should be in naija market.
Are they not beautiful.
Non is less than 100k. One is around 200k. Our rich people know how to buy expensive clothes and jewellery but know absolutely nothing about quality pots that's why they fill their houses with nonstick and that guy is educating me on pots. It's well. If you have a good house and kitchen go for quality cookware.
An aluminium pot can cause as much as 300k and more. Usually, such have lifetime warranty. Some of these ones I posted if not all have lifetime warranty. Five star hotels uses these pots not nonstick. Anybody who cooks for the public has no business with nonstick.

The wok at the end is 100% pure nonstick yet its aluminum. Its more than 100k. One of Demeyere cheapest wok.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by oldienavie: 1:09am On Sep 07, 2022
This is part of the reasons why the life expectancy in Nigeria is so low.
People hardly reach the age of 80 years because we consume toxic things since there is no standards organisation and so we ingest dangerous chemicals via products that wont even pass quality control in developed countries.

Nigeria is the dumping ground. The Non stick pot you are shouting is just a chemical coating which will gradually dissolve into your food over the years hence you are gradually ingesting carcinogenic substances.

I have said that anytime I am in Nigeria, I will be cooking with clay pots. Because you can hardly find anything in Nigeria that has passed quality and we pay for it with out health.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by CaptainFM1: 1:15am On Oct 18, 2023
descarado:

You use nonstick grin
I'm just being honest. No matter how careful you are, they don't last. I literally have to throw everything I have here away. Once they start peeling, game over and they must peel.

As long as you are making naija food especially soups that take ages, you need good sturdy pot and nonstick isn't meant for it. We cook on very high heat for long. Not good for non stick at all. It will naturally start melting. We wash anyhow, not good for nonstick. Washing the under of pot requires aluminium sponge and mistakenly, you scratch the back, the beauty is gone.
It start peeling,na so you go dey chop Teflon.

You can buy perfect pots for your use that are not nonstick with so many designs. Na your pocket. I can only get small nonstick for turning semo cos of burning.
Let me show you aluminium pots you can buy that's fanciful. These companies have branches in China in think so their products should be in naija market.
Are they not beautiful.
Non is less than 100k. One is around 200k. Our rich people know how to buy expensive clothes and jewellery but know absolutely nothing about quality pots that's why they fill their houses with nonstick and that guy is educating me on pots. It's well. If you have a good house and kitchen go for quality cookware.
An aluminium pot can cause as much as 300k and more. Usually, such have lifetime warranty. Some of these ones I posted if not all have lifetime warranty. Five star hotels uses these pots not nonstick. Anybody who cooks for the public has no business with nonstick.

The wok at the end is 100% pure nonstick yet its aluminum. Its more than 100k. One of Demeyere cheapest wok.

I will like to get some of these high grade aluminum cookwares. Can you recommend any one for me?
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by descarado: 6:09am On Oct 18, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I will like to get some of these high grade aluminum cookwares. Can you recommend any one for me?
This thread is 1yr plus.

Lecrueset, zwilling. Allclad, anyone with tri-ply, anyone with 18/10 (don't worry, all these are written on the description)
Search the net and you will see so many.
You can write down the names and tag me. I will help you check them out anytime I'm online if you are not so sure.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by CaptainFM1: 6:19am On Oct 18, 2023
descarado:

This thread is 1yr plus.

Lecrueset, zwilling. Allclad, anyone with tri-ply, anyone with 18/10 (don't worry, all these are written on the description)
Search the net and you will see so many.
You can write down the names and tag me. I will help you check them out anytime I'm online if you are not so sure.

Thanks for the swift response. Perhaps you deal in them or know a reputable seller I can approach? I will be very grateful.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by CaptainFM1: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2023
Beremx:

I'm interested in getting a good grade quality pots.
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Beremx(f): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2023
CaptainFM1:

DM me if you are interested
Re: I Need Help Before Making A Mistake To Buy This Pot by Beremx(f): 6:23am On Nov 05, 2023
CaptainFM1:

check your email for my WhatsApp number

(1) (Reply)

Would You Fire A Maid With HIV? / Court Wedding. / What Is Best About Your Marriage Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.