Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,588 members, 7,820,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr (5026 Views)

#EndSARS Protesters Kneel At Lagos House Of Assembly, Sing The National Anthem / Buccaneers Confraternity (The National Associations Of Sea Lords) / Identity Of A Nigerian Man Killed In South Africa Mayhem Emerges(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by JASONjnr(m): 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2022
Over the years, Nigerians have had lots of complains and worries since the hurried implementation of the National Identification number and it's commission, but little or nothing have been done to curtail or see to these complains.

1. The commission is seen as a revenue generating commission. Irrespective of the fact that the commission is sponsored by the Federal government and it's website fully funded, they still charge the masses some levies on different occasions, either to make corrections to any of your bio-data errors.

The levies is thrown to the masses even when those errors could be typography error from their staff. One would have been given a chance to make a one-time correction or modification to it's bio-data before the compulsory charges.

The agency is completely bridled with corruption. The Staff and it's vendors or front-end partners (FEPs) will charge Nigerians before giving them forms to apply. Most times, the staff will complain of a network shutdown and this could continue for weeks.Before anyone could achieve their aim at the commission, you must be very patience or be willing to give kickbacks to set your needs as a priority.

The commission should look deeply and penalized those involved in these extortions.

Many people are yet to receive their plastic cards while some get it at a platter. As a citizen of this country, there are certain things that we're not supposed to struggle to have. If the government wants to have its own ID cards .. They should make it readily available to posses.

2. The national identification cards was supposed to be the only means of identification at banks and alcoholic stores. It was supposed to serve as a purposed of identifying one's age to acquire certain things as opening of bank accounts, consent age for admission into the university, Registering for voter's card and driving license, etc.

But that's more a less a nightmare as banks will easily accept voter's card for the opening of a bank account. There would've been no need for a biometric verification number as this would've been etched on the National ID card. Because of their inefficiency, BVN seems more valuable than the ID number of the national identification card/paper.

Many people are fed up with the commission and it's failure and exaction with menace.

3. Having a national IDcard would've been a thing of joy to carry the card around. But will that safe us from the police at night hours? Will it help the police to combat crimes? We should be given the opportunity to make changes to our home addresses as we move from one place to another, perhaps, this could help the police to trace criminals. Using the tracking number on the NaIDcard

Most people are still using the address of their previous homes as at when they registered for the NaIDcard. I've relocated to many states and I've changed many addresses. Yet the address on my Bio-data with the government is pointing to a house that have been demolished and not existing.

If the government isn't ready to make the commission function enough to serve the people, they should not implement laws that will frustrate the masses.

9 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by gulfer: 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2022
I laugh in Pantami angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Dollarremix(m): 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2022
Nice one there.

1 Like

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Mayng01(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2022
Millions of people are yet to have nin till date

3 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Citrol: 2:55am On Sep 06, 2022
Nothing functions properly as far as Nigeria is concerned

1 Like

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Bamifhubs: 2:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Do you have logistics Challenges moving your Goods from a part of the country to another, or you have a contract to execute but you need dump trucks to Work on your site, don't worry, pls
call/WhatsApp +234 902 16-6 2913
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Faber(m): 3:00am On Sep 06, 2022
One of the most useless agencies in Nigeria, with FAAN, FERMA and NEMA.

Many airports are poorly equipped, what's FAAN doing, just folding hands and laughing

Many Federal roads are death traps, owing to lack of maintenance. What is FERMA doing, absolutely nothing.

Many communities are suffering from flood, erosion etc. What is NEMA doing.

As for NIMC na thunder go fire all of them, including their corrupt officials charging people 50k to correct their date of birth, etc

4 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Desusi: 3:16am On Sep 06, 2022
Indeed, Nimc is yet to live up to its expectations. Its like a toothless dog barking. Why must one pay #15,000 for correction of error on date of birth?For weeks now,it has been 'no network'.At other times, it could be ' validation of card'Money is charged for almost every thing in Nimc.The commission is horrifically currupt and ineptitude.

1 Like

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by starbuck(f): 3:24am On Sep 06, 2022
Here in my area, they charge 5k for enrollment and 1k to collect the plastic card..

Had to bundle my kids back home undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Younghacka(m): 3:48am On Sep 06, 2022
The Corruption And Rot In The System Is From Top To Bottom
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by KangaIye: 4:17am On Sep 06, 2022
Yeye country.
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by exposition: 4:25am On Sep 06, 2022
Faber:
One of the most useless agencies in Nigeria, with FAAN, FERMA and NEMA.

Many airports are poorly equipped, what's FAAN doing, just folding hands and laughing

Many Federal roads are death traps, owing to lack of maintenance. What is FERMA doing, absolutely nothing.

Many communities are suffering from flood, erosion etc. What is NEMA doing.

As for NIMC na thunder go fire all of them, including their corrupt officials charging people 50k to correct their date of birth, etc
Why you pay
You no fit report the person?
You are part of the problem we have in Nigeria
You probably reduced your age to achieve an illegality that's why you were willing to pay that much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Faber(m): 4:27am On Sep 06, 2022
exposition:

Why you pay
You no fit report the person?
You are part of the problem we have in Nigeria
You probably reduced your to achieve an illegality that's why you were willing to pay that much

Werey, where did you see that I paid NIMC officials 50k...must you disgrace your papa here.

If you dey reason well, you would have asked me, how do you know they charge people 50k to change their DOB...but too much Agbado no go let you think well

1 Like

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by exposition: 4:33am On Sep 06, 2022
Faber:

Werey, where did you see that I paid NIMC officials 50k...must you disgrace your papa here.
Your last paragraph no be you type am?
Abi you here say them say?
Oga no offer bribe or show desperation for free government service and see if things won't work in Nigeria
I repeat you're part of the problem
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Faber(m): 4:45am On Sep 06, 2022
exposition:

Your last paragraph no be you type am?
Abi you here say them say?
Oga no offer bribe or show desperation for free government service and see if things won't work in Nigeria
I repeat you're part of the problem

My last paragraph reads charging people 50k to correct their date of birth so I am now people... you're a moronn a swear

@the bolded na your papa be part of Nigeria's problem not me

2 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by RepoMan007: 5:02am On Sep 06, 2022
You spoke my mind in many ways. And they are planning to move to offenders registry as if NIN has been a success so far. Very direction less people.

1 Like

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Cutehector(m): 6:00am On Sep 06, 2022
Left the business many months ago.

Very useless business.

1 Like

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Coldie(m): 6:26am On Sep 06, 2022
That’s how they tried to turn covid 19 into revenue generation. And despite that them collecting money they still try to frustrate u
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by franugo(m): 6:33am On Sep 06, 2022
Welcome to Nigeria op. I made payment for passport online and did my biometric two weeks ago, didn't give anyone in the office shishi. If you know the correct procedure and have the patience, the avenues for extortion will be severely decreased
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by donjhyde(m): 6:55am On Sep 06, 2022
I applied for DOB modification since March..... After all the effort and resources been paid fully...... 6 weeks has not ended since March.... NImC staff are telling me to be patient that it will drop one day..... Why must I applied for MOD in Ibadan and it is only NIN headquarters in Abuja that can do the work..... Why can't they allow all their state offices to have access to correction of any sort..... And I know of few people that did their own after me through fast route....in 5days, they got what they wanted............ Making someone like me that follow normal route to feel regretful......

2 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by immyy(m): 8:02am On Sep 06, 2022
starbuck:
Here in my area, they charge 5k for enrollment and 1k to collect the plastic card..

Had to bundle my kids back home undecided

What? Where is that?
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Dwightventures(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2022
Every day, with every incident, I agree, conclude and resign that we are unable to govern ourselves. "Independence" is a catastrophe. Let them continue to hey PhDs and be professors to take the most silly positions; it doesn't change fact that they're incompetent, failed people. I wish I wasn't part of this tragedy of a race, nationality.

I went to do the registration yesterday after being barred from using my own phone for all this while. If the failed state never made it impossible without doing all these things, I would never do nothing. I will never have a voter's card, for example. My pension was being threatened if I don't have the NIN and that's the last straw that forced me. I wish I were never born, if I had to be born here
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by jzamani(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2022
franugo:
Welcome to Nigeria op. I made payment for passport online and did my biometric two weeks ago, didn't give anyone in the office shishi. If you know the correct procedure and have the patience, the avenues for extortion will be severely decreased
you were lucky then I paid online as well going for biometric they asked me to pay 5k,which they say is a processing fee,and the the officer was asking for 8k for his own charges
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Truthday: 11:31am On Sep 06, 2022
Ok

You're just unnecessarily bitter. You can see tht registration fee are FREE. While modification fees are cuarged, that's how it's done everywhere. Be it jamb, one, waec or anywhere. If you don't want to modify, then provide the correct information before hand. Why must you change your D.O.B ??

Then, on the issue if corruption at centers, are you blind, you can't see don't extort on the pictures you posted ? Or nimc should also be going to everywhere they're doing the registration everyday. And why can't you also report them? Why ?

On the issue of you changed your address several times, why are you people so mad in several ways, is it nimc that'll be visiting every house you relocate to, so you can change your location?? It's nimc that'll change your house address for you right ?? Why not have a brain thqn unnecessary complain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by maramara: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2022
God help us
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by JASONjnr(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2022
Truthday:
Ok

You're just unnecessarily bitter. You can see tht registration fee are FREE. While modification fees are cuarged, that's how it's done everywhere. Be it jamb, one, waec or anywhere. If you don't want to modify, then provide the correct information before hand. Why must you change your D.O.B ??

Then, on the issue if corruption at centers, are you blind, you can't see don't extort on the pictures you posted ? Or nimc should also be going to everywhere they're doing the registration everyday. And why can't you also report them? Why ?

On the issue of you changed your address several times, why are you people so mad in several ways, is it nimc that'll be visiting every house you relocate to, so you can change your location?? It's nimc that'll change your house address for you right ?? Why not have a brain thqn unnecessary complain.

Do you know that there are chances that there could be a typography errors while inputting the data during registration.

Such errors should be corrected. You can't claim that those staff are perfect and can't make errors. I work with computer all day, yet I make mistakes.

The commission is aware of those extorting levies from people. Yet they've done nothing to stop them. If something is done, the extortion would've reduced or stopped by now. But instead, the extortion is on the increase.

If I move from my current address to another place, I'm supposed to update my data with the government. That could be done online. But that isn't even possible. No one asked the commission to follow the people around. But to give the people a platform to update their information to their database.

2 Likes

Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by franugo(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2022
jzamani:
you were lucky then I paid online as well going for biometric they asked me to pay 5k,which they say is a processing fee,and the the officer was asking for 8k for his own charges

Nothing like that for me. I was stressed tho, very much so. But then again people who paid 200k were also stressed cheesy
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by kafeii123: 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2022
Cutehector:
Left the business many months ago.

Very useless business.

Nimc registration....?... Don't worry Gid will open your eyes to a better one soon...
Re: The Inefficiency Of The National Identity Management Commission By Jasonjnr by Cutehector(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2022
kafeii123:

Nimc registration....?... Don't worry Gid will open your eyes to a better one soon...
its not worth it bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jungle Justice Is It Justifiable? / Yobe Police Arrest 2 Men Who Supply Arms To Bandits / Kidnapper's Den Located Near Police Headquarters In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.