Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,690 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) (559 Views)

Arrogance Made Bode Thomas Barked Like Dog, Died Within 24 Hrs / Abba Kyari's Last Statement Before His Death / Picture Of Shehu Shagari Before His Death In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2022
A Lesson on humility to learn from the story of Bode Thomas...

Bode Thomas, yes, the same Bode Thomas, whom the Surulere street was named after, died on Nov 23, 1953 in a most mysterious manner.
Bode Thomas was born to a wealthy trader, John thomas in 1918. Himself, FRA Williams and Remi Fani-Kayode (Father of Femi Fani-Kayode) attended Law School in London, and they established the first law firm in Nigeria, called "Thomas, Williams and Kayode".The law firm was established in Jankara, Lagos.
Bode Thomas was an excellent lawyer, but he was also very arrogant. Because of his education, he was made chairman of the Oyo Divisional Council at one time, while the King of Oyo, Alaafin Adeyemi, (the father of the current Alaafin) was a mere member.
On Bode Thomas' first appearance in council after being appointed chairman, all council members stood up for him in deference, to welcome him, except Oba Adeyemi, who, for cultural reasons, should not show deference to anyone in public, not even his mother.
Bode Thomas rudely shouted at the King"...WHY WERE YOU SITTING WHEN I WALKED IN? YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOW RESPECT?"
At that time, Bode Thomas was 34 years, while the Alaafin was in his 60's. The Alaafin felt very insulted. He said "SE EMI LO NGBO MO BAUN?" (Is it me that you are barking at like that?)Bode Thomas responded by shouting some english sentences which the Alaafin didnt understand, so the Alaafin just told him... "MA GBO LO" (continue barking). The confrontation happened on November 22, 1953. Bode Thomas got home and started barking.
He barked and barked and barked like a dog all night until he died in the early morning of November 23, 1953.
Bode Thomas was the Balogun of Oyo. So, when next you drive on Bode Thomas street in Surulere, remember that man, who cut short his own life because of his arrogance and naughtiness.

@Moderator, kindly put dis post in the right section because i dont knw which section exactly it should be and i also recommend it as a front page material so that people will knw pride comes before destruction, that humility will take them to high places no matter what!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/face2faceafrica.com/article/the-story-of-bode-thomas-the-iconic-nigerian-lawyer-who-died-barking-like-a-dog-after-insulting-a-king/amp

Nlfpmod lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by PandoraObi: 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
Igbo
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2022
I did a research on what led to the death of bode thomas, the popular bode thomas in surulere
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:28pm On Sep 05, 2022
PandoraObi:
Igbo
Act your age and stop this nonsense
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by LagosEmir: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2022
Interesting read
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by Maxymilliano(m): 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2022
This has been in the public domain for a while ... It's yet to be refuted
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by tillaman(m): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2022
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by detectivejones: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2022
How true is this story
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2022
detectivejones:
How true is this story
Use Google

The story is everywhere
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:55am On Sep 06, 2022
Hmm
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by Abdul05: 7:03am On Sep 06, 2022
Bro, thanks for bringing this up... grin

I used to hear abt bode Thomas street but l never knew about his story..

It is not good to be rude to the elders... grin
Re: How Body Thomas Barked To His Death (true Life Story) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2022
Abdul05:
Bro, thanks for bringing this up... grin

I used to hear abt bode Thomas street but l never knew about his story..

It is not good to be rude to the elders... grin
Pride killed him

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Are We Saying 8years Of Obi Will Give Us This (check Pic)) / AY Conduct Opinion Poll Between Tinubu, ATIKU And Obi In His Porharcourt Show / Anambra Sit-at-home Persists, Group, Residents Seek Kanu’s Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.