Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye (33824 Views)

Why We Can’t Arrest Crossdresser Bobrisky, Others — Police Spokesperson / Inspector Ochofie Ijimbile Didn't Commit Suicide — Police Spokesperson / #EndSARS: 17 Police Stations Burnt In Lagos – Police Spokesperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by EmmyDJourno: 7:48am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:

Tuesday morning.

Just wear your uniform and go to school.

You are running late.

If only you did that when you were young, your mind for sharp, but you didn’t and have ended up an empty head grin
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Maccar02: 7:50am On Sep 06, 2022
Paul should be mature for once now .
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by rusher14: 7:50am On Sep 06, 2022
EmmyDJourno:

If only you did that when you were young, your mind for sharp, but you didn’t and have ended up an empty head grin

Have you solved your friend's erectile dysfunction yet?

grin
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by zinaunreal(m): 7:51am On Sep 06, 2022
rickpat:
foolish celebrities...that's how you mislead young people... talking anyhow... tomorrow a young boy will try something similar to what ice prince did and tag the police officer a kidnaper...ode!

Your brain looks like Tinubu's face grin
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Paullo19: 7:55am On Sep 06, 2022
rickpat:
foolish celebrities...that's how you mislead young people... talking anyhow... tomorrow a young boy will try something similar to what ice prince did and tag the police officer a kidnaper...ode!

I'm not sure u've had an encounter with police before..
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by sonofElElyon: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:

I said get in your car.

Driving is necessitated by the police force not being adequately equipped.

The aim is the same and the differences in our economies MUST NOT make us lawless.

You miss the point. Most unprofessional and risky to tell a suspect to drive to the police station... who has the wheels? Who determines the destination?
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by McDuncan: 7:58am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:

Entering the car is the keyword here.

A police officer would enter a car depending on the scenario.

Towing is an easy thing because they have the equipment and to reduce police exposure.

Nigeria doesn't have the equipment but Laws must be complied with.

I'm sure you still want the police to apprehend a robber despite the inadequacy of his equipment.

@ the bolded.

Entering while the suspect is on the wheel then asking him to drive are the key points here from the original tweet from one of Psqaure.

And any cop who does that has given enough indication of being corrupt/complacent. Its that simple.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Paullo19: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:
What Psquare would comply with when they go abroad, in Nigeria, they would want to challenge.

I know u've not left the town u are before to any other country but u see in the news how police officers abroad does theirs...they would never enter into your car if u are found guilty of any crime...no talk wetin u no know...what peter said is the truth.. leave political sentiment aside
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Kajaard: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:

The new one seems more hardworking and unbiased than the previous disgraced sacked one. grin

I guess the new mod is the Nlfpmod moniker I keep seeing everywhere. He is doing a great job.

I hope he doesn't change later and start following the band wagon by posting rubbish on the front page. For now he is doing okay.

cc: nlfpmod
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by rusher14: 8:00am On Sep 06, 2022
Paullo19:

I know u've not left the town u are before to any other country but u see in the news how police officers abroad does theirs...they would never enter into your car if u are found guilty of any crime...no talk wetin u no know...what peter said is the truth.. leave political sentiment aside

Sharap.

Even you go dey tell me about countries.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by abidem4real: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:
What Psquare would comply with when they go abroad, in Nigeria, they would want to challenge.
You are right. But mind you, "this is Nigeria everybody be criminal".

Common citizens decide to act anyhow because our so called leaders are nonsensically useless and that has led to the uncontrollable irrational behaviours of many Nigerians. Besides, you never can tell the man dressed in police uniform might be a kidnapper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by nomenclature(m): 8:02am On Sep 06, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
my friend keep shut.
end sars youth
Ends are that you are currently enjoying is what you are using to taunt the youths. That unlimited grace in your name will run far from you .
Idiotic citizens ,I am very sure you.voted for buhari and warming up to vote for tinubu ....the day you will beg for money or anything on this platform, I will comot your teeth. I am watching you Orue
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Paullo19: 8:04am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:

Sharap.

Even you go dey tell me about countries.

He who knows not ND knows not that he knows not, is a fool... leave him the Bleep alone...i don leave u
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by rusher14: 8:07am On Sep 06, 2022
abidem4real:

You are right. But mind you, "this is Nigeria everybody be criminal".

Common citizens decide to act anyhow because our so called leaders are nonsensically useless and that has led to the uncontrollable irrational behaviours of many Nigerians. Besides, you never can tell the man dressed in police uniform might be a kidnapper.

Agreed.

Let's be honest though, one is more likely to comply with a kidnapper than the NPF.

Nigerians look down on the forces because they are badly paid, badly equipped and desperate.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by henryelfhel: 8:07am On Sep 06, 2022
You're just trying to sound right but at the end you're misquoting yourself.
MrBrownJay1:

Mr P referred to Ice Prince's action to make the above point, therefore, at that particular moment when Ice Prince had no valid license plate, he needed to follow the cops to the nearest police station for "SETTLEMENT" (or get arrested while leaving his car on the road)... thus why the cop jumped in.

if you have all the necessary document for your car then a cop has no reason to jump in (to arrest you), but if you dont....
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by rusher14: 8:08am On Sep 06, 2022
Paullo19:

He who knows not ND knows not that he knows not, is a fool... leave him the Bleep alone...i don leave u

Imagine you telling me about going abroad.

If you see passports, you go run.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by capponla231(m): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:

have you see police abroad demanding for #50 or negotiating a crime u never committed after jumping into ur car,in abroad u can't drive if ur paper is not intact,AV been a victim B4,after the idiot jump into my car he still AV d gut to treating me for arguing with them,that If it is smwr in Nigeria they will just shot me,can u imagine
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by stevenchy16(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2022
Even if you are driving a car without a license plate # or perhaps the car was just cleared? You must have your clearance paper to be able to show its just cleared and i believe you still have a 3month( cant be certain now)grace before its fully registered.

I am however not in support of threatening a police officer discharging his duty. We all want Nigeria to be like the developed country but we are not abiding by the law. We the people need to do better.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by IamANigerianMan: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You are wrong.
Paul was 100% right.
A policeman will NEVER enter your car in the West.
It'd mean exactly what P said.
In your west can you drive without lience?
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Paullo19: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:

Imagine you telling me about going abroad.

If you see passports, you go run.

Just imagine.. brainlessness shocked cool shocked shocked
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by hotblood001(m): 8:19am On Sep 06, 2022
Another point of correction Edafe Bright publicly insulted Paul Okoye...

Your opinion isn't making any sense is good...
Celebrities without sense.. meaning Paul is senseless for airing his opinion..insultive

At Bright Edafe, represent the Nigeria Police with dignity ..this is supposed to be a democracy,or am I wrong?

The officer found iceprince on the negative end of the law, he is supposed to ask him to step down, arrest him,take him to the station in the police vehicle ,then tow the vehicle to the station..

I say tow and not drive, because some officers may even damage the car while driving it to the station.

I don't have 2 cents...manage N10

I come in peace...Paul Okoye thanks for saying something
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Rebuke: 8:19am On Sep 06, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
my friend keep shut.
end sars youth

Yhu are the one to rather shut up! Well, I won't be surprised, yhu may not even have a car so there's no way this will make sense to yhu.

Time without number, these guys will jump into one's car because they want to negotiate yhur "kidnap ransom.' Any young man driving on Nigeria road will understand better.

Better shut up and stop forming "ITK" ontop yhur big ignorance.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:21am On Sep 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You people are confusing what Ice Prince did with what P said.
What Ice Prince did was WRONG!
BUT, what P said is 100% true!

As I told the guy above: there thousands of videos of police stopping cars on YouTube. Give us a link of ONE where police jumped into someone's car as Nigerian Police habitually do!

I wonder how some of you think.

Our police here don't big budgets to afford patrol cars and tow trucks, so they sometimes use the suspects vehicle to get to the station. There is no law against that, it is within limit of their job. Stop supporting nonsense.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by wallarwallar(m): 8:24am On Sep 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You are wrong.
Paul was 100% right.
A policeman will NEVER enter your car in the West.
It'd mean exactly what P said.

I wonder who are dis nairaland members dat click likes on foolish comment.. so if you drive with no license plate in the West police will clap for you and allow you to go without arrest. To correct you the West is working today because people respect the law and they wud do everything possible not to go against the law . Why wud you drive a car without plate number at 3am just because Nigeria is Nigeria and lawless right. Just little money in dere hands the mentality is you can do anything you like foolish low life set of people with no sense
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Donchieli: 8:30am On Sep 06, 2022
You say we write bullshit

Well your opinion though

But did you just say Nigeria is poor?
Asin you just called Nigeria poor

Please rephrase that line and put it in a proper context

rusher14:

Most of you write bullshit.

The purpose of towing is for conveyance.

To limit the police's exposure to litigation, damage, they ensure the vehicle is towed.
And that's because they can afford it.

In a poor country such as ours, the conveyance would be by the driver.

If you get to a judge, tell him you refused to drive because you believe it is illegal.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by rusher14: 8:32am On Sep 06, 2022
Donchieli:
You say we write bullshit

Well your opinion though

But did you just say Nigeria is poor?
Asin you just called Nigeria poor

Please rephrase that line and put it in a proper context

Nigeria is poor.

How much is our Per capita income?
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by kelvinklein219(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2022
rusher14:
mumu which police abroad will enter your car?, I broke traffic rules, cut ticket for me and I will be in my way. It you like don't pay your fine they can charge you to court, nobody enters anybody's car
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Sikiru3011: 8:42am On Sep 06, 2022
I second
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by Donchieli: 8:42am On Sep 06, 2022
I beg to differ in as much as most Nigerians live below the power line, Nigeria as a nation is not poor

But corruption and loop sided resource allocation as well as appropriation is at the detriment here

rusher14:

Nigeria is poor.

How much is our Per capita income?
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by J4parry(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2022
Please it's against the law for a police officer to board a suspect's car and order him to drive. I know and I'm telling you.

Operational reasons given during training:

1) As an officer you automatically place your life at the discretion of the suspect because you are no longer controlling the situation.
2) You have limited knowledge of 'environment' inside the car which places you at further disadvantage as an officer.
3) It's not different from kidnap when x-rayed before the law and the probability for case dismissals is ONE. Therefore only apply the stop and search routine while waiting for backup if need be

What is expected of an officer under such circumstance:

1) Create room for arrest without endangering your life and that of other road users. Your duty as an officer is to minimise risk of loss of life under civil disobedience.
2) Forceful arrest should only be undertaken with backup officer(s) available.

IT'S ILLEGAL TO ALLOW A SUSPECT DRIVE AN OFFICER ON DUTY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by TheGift: 8:49am On Sep 06, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
my friend keep shut.
end sars youth

You need to consider changing your name, your speech is totally lacking in grace.
Re: Celebrities With No Sense - Delta State Police Spokesperson Replies Paul Okoye by TheGift: 8:51am On Sep 06, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

Mr P referred to Ice Prince's action to make the above point, therefore, at that particular moment when Ice Prince had no valid license plate, he needed to follow the cops to the nearest police station for "SETTLEMENT" (or get arrested while leaving his car on the road)... thus why the cop jumped in.

if you have all the necessary document for your car then a cop has no reason to jump in (to arrest you), but if you dont....

In the west that you refer to , the police don't get in your car to take you to the station. They put you in their car. Then get a tow truck for yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toyosi Was "Wrongfully Restrained" by the Suspects - Police Release Statement / Man Rapes & Impregnates 14-Year-Old Girl In Sokoto, Throws Baby In Bush / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Women As Fake Doctor On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.