Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong (22844 Views)

Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer / Judge Sends Inibehe Effiong To Prison For Defending Leo Ekpenyong / How I Was Tortured, Asked To Implicate Saraki – Offa Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by sweetgala(m): 11:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Sending a lawyer to prison for speaking the way you don't like in court was an abuse of power by the Judge.

Go try am for UK, judge would give you 1 week for contempt. Lawyers are very careful not to rub judges the wrong way over here, I've witnessed judges giving police superintendents and big shot lawyers a dressing down in court before.

I know someone who spent 1 week in a max security prison for simply trying to be smart with a judge over a minor driving offence, note I said prison not jail.
Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by Sportwin(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2022
lhordspy:

What type of judicial law did Nigeria practise?

American and British suddenly look like the same thing right ?
Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by Sportwin(m): 9:34am On Sep 09, 2022
sweetgala:

Go try am for UK, judge would give you 1 week for contempt. Lawyers are very careful not to rub judges the wrong way over here, I've witnessed judges giving police superintendents and big shot lawyers a dressing down in court before.

I know someone who spent 1 week in a max security prison for simply trying to be smart with a judge over a minor driving offence, note I said prison not jail.

But someone was sent to 1month in prison lol
Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by gassbee: 10:54am On Sep 09, 2022
Sportwin:

that shows u d power of a Nigerian judge
Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by sweetgala(m): 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
Sportwin:

I know a man who is now starting is second week in prison for simply disobeying a judge's order and has failed to resolve to obey said order. He'll be there until he obeys the order
Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by Gabaleve(m): 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2022
franugo:

Thank you. I really don't understand how anyone in their right minds would attempt to defend the judge.
Firstly, the case being heard is not a criminal case, it's a simple libel, there was absolutely no need to invite fully armed policemen into the court as there was no threat to life.
Secondly, can someone please give me a valid reason why the judge did not want the proceedings to be recorded? Once again, this is a libel case, not really something that needs to stay hidden except you're planning on making some absurd judgements.
Thirdly judge ekaette said inibehe pointed at her and banged on the table, thereby displaying unruly and rude behaviour.....I'm sure the court has a camera, let her release the footage so we see for ourselves because to any sensible person, she has no base whatsoever.

Fact is most people on the comments don't read.. They just see a headline and jump on comments
Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by poseidon12: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
lhordspy:
Attention seeking lawyer.

You disobeyed and talk rudely to a sitting Judge in her Court . Such effontery!

Is the firearm been use on anybody?? Why cant he continue with his client defense instead of creating unnecessary attention diversion of the court.

Or have we ever experience a firearm been fired in the court before?? I dont think so.

So the drama was unnneccessary, he wants cheap attention at the expense of the judge.

Very unnecessary.

And you all will always scream "sane country" "sane country" ... Is this how they behave over there to achieved a working judicial system.

Well, all your Zombidients and enemy of Nigeria apologist will soon be here all over the thread saying deaming words against Nigeria.

So you want to first experience a firearm being discharged in the Courts before you support the Lawyer??
Re: Video: How I Was Tortured While In Prison - Lawyer Inibehe Effiong by AFRICANJAMAICA: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2022
koresh:

In your dream
Peter obi will not even come 3rd in this coming election

Mumu...as if you will be richer if the pooing old man wins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Meets With Young Content Creators, Entrepreneurs And Entertainers / Mutiny: US Trainers May Have Incited Nigerian Soldiers - Sunday Punch / Governor Lalong Spends N40m On Rams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.