Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Why Is London Burning? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Is London Burning? (11631 Views)

Anti-Zionist Jews Burning The Israeli Flag [PHOTO] / Olympics Girl Is London 'riot Mascot"! Unthinkable! / Why Does It Seem Africans Are Ashamed Of London Burning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is London Burning? by member67023: 8:18am On Aug 10, 2011
God save the queen!
Re: Why Is London Burning? by member67023: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2011
crusufixo:

london bridge is falling down !!!! falling down falling down !!!!, london bridge is falling down !!!!!, its their own turn !!!!!!!. At least their silly media would mind their own business now, instead of snooping their nose into oda peoples business. My condolence to the british government though !!!!
Yea.
Such as the PHONE HACKING SCANDAL CRAP NEWS.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nayah(f): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2011
I think we can compare this to the 2005 violent riots in France that was the same context and the same claims, I think it's a mix of both social and economical issues, because Europe and Euro are experiencing huge problems which affect population

In France for example unemployement amoung young people is increasing as well as the cost of life, so they feel excluded and then express themselves violently
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2011
S_hit was going to hit the fan at some point, simple.

Anyone who's been around long enough would recognize the volatile mix of disconnected, downtrodden and displaced youth on the one hand, and the favours  afforded to special interest groups (like criminal-bankers, trigger-happy police officers, etc.) on the other.
I am not at all surprised that the lumpen proletariat in England has, once more, chosen to channel its outrage through various expressions of nihilism as opposed to the self-mutilation which sparked the Jasmine revolution in North Africa.
The situational context is different, so it follows the response will also be different.

See context provided by Nina Power (There is a context to London's riots that can't be ignored) -- http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/aug/08/context-london-riots
Since the coalition came to power just over a year ago, the country has seen multiple student protests, occupations of dozens of universities, several strikes, a half-a-million-strong trade union march and now unrest on the streets of the capital (preceded by clashes with Bristol police in Stokes Croft earlier in the year). Each of these events was sparked by a different cause, yet all take place against a backdrop of brutal cuts and enforced austerity measures. The government knows very well that it is taking a gamble, and that its policies run the risk of sparking mass unrest on a scale we haven't seen since the early 1980s. With people taking to the streets of Tottenham, Edmonton, Brixton and elsewhere over the past few nights, we could be about to see the government enter a sustained and serious losing streak.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by GoldCircle: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2011
a poster (EUinvestor) saw this coming and posted this a while ago!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-505338.128.html

they've just got to sort out their issues cos it's such a big shame!
Re: Why Is London Burning? by ojuyobo111: 9:50am On Aug 10, 2011
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Myself2(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2011
Cos some lazy arse niggas rather than man up and be self-made men were dissappointed that the government has not come to spoon-feed them and dress their lazy arses in diapers.Lazy criminal punks
Re: Why Is London Burning? by pelezico: 9:55am On Aug 10, 2011
Myself2:

Cos some lazy arse niggas rather than man up and be self-made men were dissappointed that the government has not come to spoon-feed them and dress their lazy arses in diapers.Lazy criminal punks

Thank you - a breath of fresh air indeed
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 10, 2011
Myself2:

OECD: UK has worse social mobility record than other developed countries
The chances of a child from a poor family enjoying higher wages and better education than their parents is lower in Britain than in other western countries, the OECD says

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/mar/10/oecd-uk-worst-social-mobility
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nayah(f): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2011
Myself 2 don't jump to conclusions, we don't really know what the police have really done to this young boy, I'm not blaming anyone before this case ends
Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2011
Myself2:

rather myopic and childish overview of the situation.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2011
the bible prophesy about the last day, just look at the world at large lol
Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 10:25am On Aug 10, 2011
why is london burning ? let me explain it to you. its a systematic hijacking of the british government by special interest grroups, rich corporations and ceos.
1, the govt used to be about the people
2, the govt is no longer about the people. the govt has been infiltrated by bankers and rich corporations. what they do is they enact laws that favor the rich, increase the gap between the rich and the poor. how do they do this ? they first of all introduced globalization. then they enacted laws that will make it possible to ship all jobs to places where they dont have to pay the workers much. then they stopped manufacturing in england and shipped all the jobs to these sweat shop countries (a rather myopic approach on their part because they basically shifted the tax base out of britain. how do you collect taxes when most of the people are unemployed ? . then they cut taxes on the rich. so basically a rich man who produces in the sweat shops of the third world now makes monumental profits and yet the govt is not taxing him and hence he gets to take all this money out of circulation and into his private coffers. so in essense there is no money circulating in britain. no money circulating, no tax base means we have to cut all the social services and we have to enact school fees because we cant afford to give it to you for free etc etc. SO BASICALLY BRITAIN IS A VERY RICH COUNTRY. THERE IS NO ECONOMIC MELTDOWN. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS ALL THE MONEY INSTEAD OF BEING IN YOUR HANDS IS IN THE HANDS OF A FEW RICH MEN WHO HAVE LOCKED IT UP IN THEIR SAFES AND PRIVATE BANKS. THIS IS WHY THERE IS RECESSION IN BRITAIN AND AMERICA. NOT BECAUSE THERE IS NO MONEY BUT BECAUSE THE MONEY IS HIDDEN BY A FEW. this in essence is why there is an underlying belly of rage and inferno that was ready to erupt and just needed someone or something to ignite it. THE GOVT IS NO LONGER BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE. THE GOVT IS BY THE RICH FOR THE RICH.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nayah(f): 10:30am On Aug 10, 2011
buzugee, that's the main challenge of Europe now "how to reduce the deep gap between rich and poor" the same thing is happening to France I'm telling you, just look at Greece and Ireland how their economy have plummeted, Portugal Italy and Spain are experiencing the same problems
Even though the Uk is not in the EURO area, it's affecting by this socio economic issues and especially in the popular areas of London
Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 10:41am On Aug 10, 2011
Nayah:

buzugee, that's the main challenge of Europe now "how to reduce the deep gap between rich and poor" the same thing is happening to France I'm telling you, just look at Greece and Ireland how their economy have plummeted, Portugal Italy and Spain are experiencing the same problems
Even though the Uk is not in the EURO area, it's affecting by this socio economic issues and especially in the popular areas of London
Nayah, it is not a challenge. its an easy fix. the question is are the rich willing to tap into their humanity and decide 'okayyyyyy i think we have been greedy enough, lets have the people get some of this money'. do i see that happening ? greed is one of the deadly sins. its demonic in nature and as such i dont think anything short of a revolution and blood spill will let them loosen their grip on the cash cow called the the global economy. here is the solution to the problem

1, bring the tax base back to britain by bringing the jobs back to britain. start manufacturing in britain again. yes the ceos will have less disposable income but then the economy is stimulated, people have more moneys in their pocket, jobs will be created because people have more money, the govt has a robust tax base and can fund all the social amenities and give free schooling like it used to. this will be a law. you have to bring your company back to britain and if you dont, we tax you 50 percent tax to sell in britain. PROBLEM SOLVED. easy fix.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by nolongTing: 10:41am On Aug 10, 2011

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Why Is London Burning? by nolongTing: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2011

Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nayah(f): 10:47am On Aug 10, 2011
BUZ I'm talking about challenges because the rich might not want their privileges divided for the poor ones, and since we're living in  capitalist countries, I mean Europeans are living in capitalist countries where companies have the last word, even in France social aspect used to be underlined have serious issues now
Re: Why Is London Burning? by nolongTing: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2011

Re: Why Is London Burning? by nolongTing: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2011

Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 10:55am On Aug 10, 2011
Nayah:

BUZ I'm talking about challenges because the rich might not want their privileges divided for the poor ones, and since we're living in  capitalist countries, I mean Europeans are living in capitalist countries where companies have the last word, even in France social aspect used to be underlined have serious issues now
i see where you are coming from. yes it will be a challenge to get the controlling jewish bankers and ceos to tap into their humanity and give us all a sip of juice. the juice of life. the juice of dignity. good jobs. social amenities, free education and all the positives that come with it like a cohesive family unit. yup it will be a challenge. they control the government. they own the government. they are the government. we are but powerless plebeians
Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2011
its not a british or france thing neither, this applies globally except cuba. the global kleptocrats have us all bound in chains
Re: Why Is London Burning? by tubabainc(m): 11:08am On Aug 10, 2011
i ll jex say d chickens are comin home 2 roost.the us n uk v alwys muscled their ways out of situations.this is a different kettle of fish however.d discontentment in d hrt of an average human cn only last a while without either bin pleasured or its eruptin.just pray dey find a way out.not in d least 4 d sake of d upcomin epl season.

Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 11:11am On Aug 10, 2011
NO TAX BASE (CUZ JOBS HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THIRD WORLD) + CUT TAX ON THE RICH + UNEMPLOYMENT (CUZ ITS CHEAPER TO PRODUCE IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES) + NO MONEY IN CIRCULATION (BECAUSE NO TAX BASE AND NO TAX ON THE RICH AND THE RICH DONT SPEND, THEY HOARD THEIR MONEY) = DEGRADED FAMILY UNIT (NO JOBS AND MONEY TO BUILD A COHESIVE UNIT) + RESTLESS YOUTH( CUT SOCIAL AMENITIES ) + ANGER (FRUSTRATION AND HOPELESSNESS)

THATS THE EQUATION TO WHATS HAPPENING IN ENGLAND
Re: Why Is London Burning? by initstime: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2011
May some Ekpan boys(Warri) are grooming some londoners on a preliminary riot course. grin
Re: Why Is London Burning? by georgem(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2011
never tot things coould so get out of hand in such a civilized world
Re: Why Is London Burning? by mikeslim(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2011
wetin concern me grin grin
if no be for chelsea fc i for say make den burn troway, yeye gbeboruns, bbc they report bomb blast in nigeria, our country is divided alng religious lines, lagos is a slump. angry angry angry
if not for CHELSEA cool
Re: Why Is London Burning? by kandiikane(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2011
georgem:

never tot things coould so get out of hand in such a civilized world
I know this was not just black people but majority were and black people are not civilised. . We do not need these sorts in Africa. , We are not related. .We already have our own problems.

Oppressed? Bull
Political? Bull
Reason?
The government hasbeen to lenient on this generation.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
kandiikane:

I know this was not just black people but majority were and black people are not civilised. . We do not need these sorts in Africa. , We are not related. .We already have our own problems.

Oppressed? Bull
Political? Bull
Reason?
The government hasbeen to lenient on this generation.
absolute hogwash. utter ludicrousness, preposterous. have you ever been to spain and greece to observe british behavior ? they tear up the place when they are drunk. are you aware of the phenom called hooliganism in football ? chavs ? let me tell you, in britain the most uncivilized are the white people. uncivilized blacks are only in london. all other parts of uk the blacks are docile and nice and quiet.
Re: Why Is London Burning? by buzugee(m): 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2011
and i wasnt aware most of the looters were black. i own no tv and havent watched anything yet apart from pictures i see on nairaland. someone please do tell, are most of the looters black ?
Re: Why Is London Burning? by Nayah(f): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2011
Kandiikane what do you mean by black people are not civilised?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela's Condition Worsens / Ghana Bans Public Officials From Travelling First Class / US Blacklists Chinese Biotech Groups Over Repression Of Uyghurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.