Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock (21837 Views)

Sexual Misconduct: OAU, UNIABUJA Dismiss Four Profs, 14 Others / ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Waakanda: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2022
It is well.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Vikalinda(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ok
How about ippis
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by mrvitalis(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2022
This is wickedness ...less than $15,000 a year for a professor na wah ooh

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2022
Bunch of greedy fellows, always comparing with politicians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by staga: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
Victoronah1:
800k for a professor, you guys must be very selfish, and wicked. How much is director at level 16 in a ministry with over 35 years of work salary. Is your just b more professional than them. Even permanent secretary salary is not up to 500k. Wicked souls. Now I see the reason ASUU is on strike. Federal government should sack all professors, and replace them with people who are serious.

You can as well pay a truck pusher in the market N1m a month. Federal Government should sack all professors and replace them with who?
There is nothing in your skull.

13 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by kingsways: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
800k is too poor for a prof

Anything less than the equivalent of 3000USD is not acceptable to me

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Franklyspeakin: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2022
Badass
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Amerengues2: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2022
fergie001:

SOURCE

Hmm

Unfortunately, the government keeps pushing this propaganda.

Lecturers are poorly paid.

They keep mentioning prof as if the main work in the university is done by profs. Profs aren't more than 5% of the population of lecturers.

What about other 95%? Which are the ones doing the jobs.

Paying 130k-145k to Masters and PhD holders isn't palatable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by holluwizzy: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
It's not much.

At least for a start or they reduce the salary of political government workers and cut their allowances.

Senators and Reps

MonsieurX:
Not too much... Although they might have to cut it down a bit more, but given the current economic situation, 800k isn't too much for our profs monthly.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2022
UrProguy:
You people should just call off this damn strike already and stop holding students ransome, if they increase the money, how much will you settle the students you have driven to debts already.

Son if your father happened to be a professor you will say this.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by iamsolasoul(f): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2022
I support as interim and a start
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by ogatboy(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2022
This government is just confused. I thought they agreed a deal already and the issue is about paying the six months backlog? I have never seen an un-cordinated government as this. Anyway the president did not go to school so what do I expect.

Now I remember some idiots and useless people are trying to elect another one that did not go to school and want to expect development. They will point to shettima but Osibanjo went to school and he is vice.

Please vote wisely. We can get Nigeria to the point of our dreams. Let us start by voting competence, let us start by distrupting the status quo.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by holluwizzy: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2022
Wonder how some people think.

Nigeria education is backward including payment plan.

In the USA here, 30% of what Nigerian pay HOA is what is paid in the USA.

Lecturers, profs and even policemen re very okay.

But Nigeria, when the sit down and sleep, the only thing is to think of embezzlement of funds and bring a project of construction which they re the owner of the company.

staga:

You can as well pay a truck pusher in the market N1m a month. Federal Government should sack all professors and replace them with who?
There is nothing in your skull.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by tnerro1(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2022
Ok no problems but don’t pay them for the six months they have spent on strike, they did not work so they deserve no pay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Stusfr: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2022
It’s still poor and Fg will not accept it. So, Aluta continua.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2022
dirtydaya:

Are you joking? that is too small considering the economy .

A whole Professor

Yea, but we're in Nigeria, even the Profs know the 800k would be slashed down, that's why they mentioned 800. Let me tell you, Universities in Nigeria don't generate revenue for government, everyone cannot depend on oil money. That's why some schools are now gearing towards revenue generation through courses that will ensure people pay high, not regular degree programmes.

The issue is more complex than you think my son.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Boyooosa(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
Victoronah1:
800k for a professor, you guys must be very selfish, and wicked. How much is director at level 16 in a ministry with over 35 years of work salary. Is your job more professional than them. Even permanent secretary salary is not up to 500k. Wicked souls. A teacher at primary school with over 35 years will retire with 70k max, but Una go take almost 800% of the salary. Now I see the reason ASUU is on strike. Federal government should sack all professors, who are into this, and replace them with PHd people who are serious.

In India average salary of a professor is 477,352.78
If not for the devaluation of our currency.

How much are specialized doctors earning.

You dey mind them?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by holluwizzy: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
If they can't owe senators, I wonder why they should owe lectures.

Money for the country have been looted to another country.

If there is no education in Nigeria, I wonder which language the politicians will use to communicate in other to understand embezzlement of funds.

selopay:
Anything to get the children back to school..
800k is approx 1150usd, not that much but hope FG won't start owing..

BTW, sell your digital currencies to us at selopay..
Check signature for link
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by bigpicture001: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
selopay:
Anything to get the children back to school..
800k is approx 1150usd, not that much but hope FG won't start owing..

BTW, sell your digital currencies to us at selopay..
Check signature for link

Is Nigeria budget trillions of US dollars..?

If it isn't.. then u don't have a point mentioning dollars here

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by blamingthedevil: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
The Strike is about Salary.... nothing more

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by UrProguy: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2022
IgboNiile:

Son if your father happened to be a professor you will say this.
Their salary is non of my business, my own is that FG should settle both ASUU and students what they earned, the settlement shouldn't be lopsided.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by holluwizzy: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2022
Get ur voters card or we should brace ur self for another suffering.

ogatboy:
This government is just confused. I thought they agreed a deal already and the issue is about paying the six months backlog? I have never seen an un-cordinated government as this. Anyway the president did not go to school so what do I expect.

Now I remember some idiots and useless people are trying to elect another one that did not go to school and want to expect development. They will point to shettima but Osibanjo went to school and he is vice.

Please vote wisely. We can get Nigeria to the point of our dreams. Let us start by voting competence, let us start by distrupting the status quo.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by RepoMan007: 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
800k. Better they share the money than allowing few accountants to steal N190b.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by ogatboy(m): 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
holluwizzy:
Get ur voters card or we should brace ur self for another suffering.

Please tell everyone in your family to vote wisely. Me and my family will vote wisely.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by BeanmanX(m): 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
Victoronah1:
800k for a professor, you guys must be very selfish, and wicked. How much is director at level 16 in a ministry with over 35 years of work salary. Is your job more professional than them. Even permanent secretary salary is not up to 500k. Wicked souls. A teacher at primary school with over 35 years will retire with 70k max, but Una go take almost 800% of the salary. Now I see the reason ASUU is on strike. Federal government should sack all professors, who are into this, and replace them with PHd people who are serious.

In India average salary of a professor is 477,352.78
If not for the devaluation of our currency.

How much are specialized doctors earning.

You re so damn ignorant,,,,so u are comparing to the shithole India,,,why can't you compare with south Africa?.....

Go and confirm how much lectures and professors are paid in South Universities and come back here,,,,,if this isn't the height of stupidity... angry

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by IgOga(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
I thought it was about the University standard grin grin grin Las las na money matter grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Victoronah1: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
BeanmanX:
You re so damn ignorant,,,,so u are comparing to the shithole India,,,why can't you compare with south Africa?.....

Go and confirm how much lectures and professors are paid in South Universities and come back here,,,,,if this isn't the height of stupidity... angry
how much are judges being paid in Nigeria. Na only asụsụ has the right to increase salary. 800k per month. Thats 9.6 million a year,almost same salary as Chief justice of Nigeria or even bigger.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by uyimove19(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2022
ASUU and FG
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Wilson500: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2022
My Landlord said that FG should do the needful by increasing their salaries
but
he said that ASUU should sacrifice their 6 months salary as part of the struggle because students have done so with their time
You have to lose something to gain something
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by GboyegaD(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
They should work for the pay in terms of quality research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees / Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? / Not For The Weak Minds; Try This Quantitative Reasoning Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.