Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock (21836 Views)

Sexual Misconduct: OAU, UNIABUJA Dismiss Four Profs, 14 Others / ASUU Strike: Committee Of Vice-Chancellors Sends Message To FG, Lecturers / IPPIS: Some VCs Collected N58,000 As February Salary – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Elidrisy20: 4:54pm On Sep 06, 2022
E be like say these profs don dey ment ooo
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Mystery9(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2022
dirtydaya:

Are you joking? that is too small considering the economy .

A whole Professor
Why are the politicians own not too much considering the economy undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by 2Radii: 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2022
Damidave1124:
800k as salary for prof is not too much for someone who has devoted most of his time to research/study to get to that level.
Which nonsense research dem dey do?? Awon weyrey.

Ordinary paracetamol dem no fit produce

Professor in physics wey no fit generate electricity

Mtcheew, onyi ara people.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by seunayantokun(m): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
Going by 2020 data, a general in the Nigerian army is paid N1.5 million but a professor must not walk near that. O ga o.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Tqw1: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2022
grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Boyooosa(m): 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2022
femicyrus:

If only buhari can fight ASUU to a standstill in which they will never propose strike action again then he would have something to show for the wasted 8 years in office

grin grin grin
You are a wickedt person, so that's a replacement for Economic Growth right?
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Boyooosa(m): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
oga you and your profs are useless as far as Nigeria is concern! If you and your profs want to earn like politicians resign and join a political party let's see how far you can go.

Nonsense, you forgot to mention that politicians earn that huge money for only 4 years. While profs keep earn until they hit 65 years and retire with benefits.

It's very possible that you were not in a right frame of mind while reading my texts...I understand perfectly that the so called leaders have frustrated almost every Nigerian, I apologize on their behalf.

My point in that post was that the so called profs should be reasonable enough to forget about that exorbitant amount they proposed and think of what can be viable and affordable vis-a-vis Nigeria's economy and and call themselves to order as they keep delaying and destroying the innocent kids that are direct victims of their nonsense strike.

Mw, I don't know the yardstick u r using to value politicians' salary but something should inform you that after the 4years or more they use to collect those funds, they go back to the primary or secondary source of income while professors are fully devoted to education, like 60 - 80% of their lives.

Moreover, why should a typical politician earn more than a professor within their serving period of 4 years? ...is it that, they have more qualification than them or they take more responsibility than them...

Explain na
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by HitRun(m): 5:30pm On Sep 06, 2022
Lol. Where you wan find the PhD holders from?

Minus which allowance? Shows how ignorant you are. No de put mouth for Wetin you no know anything about.

Victoronah1:
800k for a professor, that is 9.6miilion a year ,minus other allowances. you guys must be very selfish, and wicked. How much is director at level 16 in a ministry with over 35 years of work salary. Is your job more professional than them. Even permanent secretary salary is not up to 500k. Wicked souls. A teacher at primary school with over 35 years will retire with 70k max, but Una go take almost 800% of the salary. Now I see the reason ASUU is on strike. Federal government should sack all professors, who are into this, and replace them with PHd people who are serious.

In India average salary of a professor is 477,352.78
If not for the devaluation of our currency.

How much are specialized doctors earning.

How much are judges earning. A judge in Nigeria high or appeal court is not up to 400k. Do you know what it takes to become a judge. Nonsense, na only una dey build Nigeria for. Because they call themselves proffers which is a title, then they feel they are superior

How much is universities making for federal government that they should go into debt to pay such amount of money? If universities are making money, they should be able to pay these lecturers with ease.

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by femicyrus(m): 5:39pm On Sep 06, 2022
Boyooosa:

grin grin grin
You are a wickedt person, so that's a replacement for Economic Growth right?
ASUU strike had crippled the economy of the university environment.

A permanent stop to strike shall also promote the growth of the micro economy around the university environment.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Boyooosa(m): 5:44pm On Sep 06, 2022
femicyrus:

ASUU strike had crippled the economy of the university environment.

A permanent stop to strike shall also promote the growth of the micro economy around the university environment.

Honestly
That's very true
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Deenillah(m): 6:01pm On Sep 06, 2022
Well, I don't blame them for asking this much.

Besides, them so called senators earn even higher than that. Their work? Sit in the chambers and gist.

What a country
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Billygee2u: 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2022
MonsieurX:
Not too much... Although they might have to cut it down a bit more, but given the current economic situation, 800k isn't too much for our profs monthly.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Enumerator(m): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2022
cheesy
TheNiceGuy:
Is this also part of the fight for students angry

Hypocritical lots
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Enumerator(m): 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2022
cheesy
rattlesnake:
9ja profs wey like woman pass book
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by PrettySleek(f): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2022
Victoronah1:
800k for a professor, that is 9.6miilion a year ,minus other allowances. you guys must be very selfish, and wicked. How much is director at level 16 in a ministry with over 35 years of work salary. Is your job more professional than them. Even permanent secretary salary is not up to 500k. Wicked souls. A teacher at primary school with over 35 years will retire with 70k max, but Una go take almost 800% of the salary. Now I see the reason ASUU is on strike. Federal government should sack all professors, who are into this, and replace them with PHd people who are serious.

How much are judges earning. A judge in Nigeria high or appeal court is not up to 400k. Do you know what it takes to become a judge. Nonsense, na only una dey build Nigeria for. Because they call themselves proffers which is a title, then they feel they are superior

How much is universities making for federal government that they should go into debt to pay such amount of money? If universities are making money, they should be able to pay these lecturers with ease.

God bless you! Doctors and nurses are suffering. Exposing themselves to diseases, the facilities are so poor. Meanwhile Prof go dey office with AC. Well I go Japa leave everything behind.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Fuckyoumod: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2022
Boyooosa:

It's very possible that you were not in a right frame of mind while reading my texts...I understand perfectly that the so called leaders have frustrated almost every Nigerian, I apologize on their behalf.

My point in that post was that the so called profs should be reasonable enough to forget about that exorbitant amount they proposed and think of what can be viable and affordable vis-a-vis Nigeria's economy and and call themselves to order as they keep delaying and destroying the innocent kids that are direct victims of their nonsense strike.

Mw, I don't know the yardstick u r using to value politicians' salary but something should inform you that after the 4years or more they use to collect those funds, they go back to the primary or secondary source of income while professors are fully devoted to education, like 60 - 80% of their lives.

Moreover, why should a typical politician earn more than a professor within their serving period of 4 years? ...is it that, they have more qualification than them or they take more responsibility than them...

Explain na
sorry for my vituperation... these men are frustrating our students and children with their unrealistic demands and incessant strike.

we are on the same page, Profs are Nigerians, the economy is bad. They should management whatever they are given by FG.

Who and what are they? Why would they want a special treatment? From Judges, perm secs, directors? How much is the basic salary of the EFCC chairman?

Those old hags should go and rest!
They have given nothing to the Nigeria state, not even a single breakthrough in science, technology, medicine and economy.

How many economic profs do we have? What is the state of our economy?
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by amandi47d: 7:20pm On Sep 06, 2022
800k as salary for prof is not too much for someone who has devoted most of his time to research/study to get to that level.800k as salary for prof is not too much for someone who has devoted most of his time to research/study to get to that level....
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Boyooosa(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
sorry for my vituperation... these men are frustrating our students and children with their unrealistic demands and incessant strike.

we are on the same page, Profs are Nigerians, the economy is bad. They should management whatever they are given by FG.

Who and what are they? Why would they want a special treatment? From Judges, perm secs, directors? How much is the basic salary of the EFCC chairman?

Those old hags should go and rest!
They have given nothing to the Nigeria state, not even a single breakthrough in science, technology, medicine and economy.

How many economic profs do we have? What is the state of our economy?

I understand boss
It is well

Have u read the update, they rejected 23.5% increment again...

I'm done with their matter....sad tho
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by omenka(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2022
womenareapezz:
can you tell me which organisation is paying 35million monthly undecided

Even big firm like nnpc MD or director pay ain't up to 500k per month undecided
800k salery is just nonsense
Talking about the useless Reps and Senators feeding fat off of our commonwealth while putting in no work at all, besides crossing their legs in the chambers, reading newspapers, and chasing little girls in Abuja. The governors and the Presidents aren't left out.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Wilson500: 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2022
Deenillah:
Well, I don't blame them for asking this much.

Besides, them so called senators earn even higher than that. Their work? Sit in the chambers and gist.

What a country

If the lecturing work don tire them
They should resign
If they want to earn like senators, they should go and contest in the elections
Its a free world grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by kafeii123: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2022
Anything less than 1M for a Prof...is a No-No
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by omenka(m): 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2022
Makowonda:
I hate it when one compares the salary of a proffessor to a politician.It doesn't make sense at all.Being a politician doesn't require a specific field of study;it is opened for all,it is a matter of decision.If the professors under the umbrella of ASUU are not able to quench their insatiable greed let them join a political party,take a risk to purchase a normination of interest form,spend money on campaign for months and win an election.Politicians and ASUU are both extremely greedy people,but I hate it when you sound as if the sitting politicians didn't work for their positions.
If you were talking about politicians from the Western world, I'd understand, but for these lazy, insatiably greedy, illiterate and ultra corrupt men we call excellencies and honarables here, i beg to disagree.

As a professor, you work your ass off on research and publications from the day of your first appointment to the day you're conferred with the promotion. Research, conferences, publications. You out in real work. Can you say the same for politicians?

Their real work begins and ends with campaigns and elections. Most of them don't even visit their constituents after elections, and then lazy around for four years until the next election season.

It is a slight in the face of lecturers to compare a prof with politicians l, especially those holding only school certs, who clawed their way to power most likely through shaddy means and thugery.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by DimIsaac10(m): 8:50pm On Sep 06, 2022
We have close to 11k profs and they want 800k, chai very wicked.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by heyihola: 8:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
Victoronah1:

Hello,
I must confess to you that if the salary of a Professor is #800,000/month, I will never advise my enemy to work as a professor in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by luluman: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2022
Boyooosa:
We are not saying they shouldn't be collecting N1bn per month, afterall their politician-counterparts are earning millions of naira per month and unaccountable billions before they run out of their individual tenures...so, professors should feel free to demand for N1bn per month since they were the ones that trained the politicians how to mismanage the country's resources just the way we are seeing it presently in the country.

But my own concern is, Can the economy of Nigeria sustain such liability? Because, if the current administration is boxed to approve it now, we will not want a situation where the incoming administration will not be able to sustain the payment and thereby, giving the so called professors audacity to come back again and start wasting the time and lives of the innocent students, which some of them are even still in secondary schools for now...

That's the angle people like us are examining it, not their unavoidable rivalry and show of shame two of them have engaged themselves for the past 6months now
But the economy afforded it for politicians.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Freebills12: 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Ayodeoba:
so if you re running a business that is yielding no income for you,even ruining you financially and yet your workers keeps demanding for salary increments,will you continue running at lost? Even benin republic tuition fees are costly despite the fact that Nigeria is better than them

If the need money they know where to get not by overtasking students. We have different arms of govt which supposed cut their fake and unreasonable budget and salaries.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Hailleys: 12:17am On Sep 07, 2022
Mumu man.
So it is so easy for you to calculate and compare the salary of professors here in Nigeria and India but you forget to compare and contrast the amount earned by politicians here in Nigeria to theirs.
Do you think being a prof is a joke?
That's the reason you can't be a professor because you're too dull.
True true, You deserve to be ruled with a nepa bill.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Hailleys: 12:18am On Sep 07, 2022
Victoronah1:

Mumu man.
So it is so easy for you to calculate and compare the salary of professors here in Nigeria and India but you forget to compare and contrast the amount earned by politicians here in Nigeria to theirs.
Do you think being a prof is a joke?
Nigerians don't even know the values of what they have until they lose it.
Medical doctors and nurses are moving out to abroad everyday, the same thing applicable to bankers (software engineers etc), even lecturers and so on with good salary and benefits which your government never provided for them.
There's no way you can't be a saddist about those professors issue because you're too dull.
True true, You deserve to be ruled with a nepa bill.
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Elbinawi: 4:51am On Sep 07, 2022
ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% - Education - Nairaland

Me:

I stand with the Oppressed University Lecturers, the Federal Government should at least increase their salary by 100%.

Civilization is built on knowledge and Teachers are the dispensers of knowledge. The ancient barbarians do not respect Teachers and that was why they remained uncivilized. All Nigerian Teachers, including Primary and Secondary School Teachers should have 100% increase in salary.

The failed Nigerian system that was deliberately skewed against the poor and downtrodden has failed Nigerians. A system that prioritize our useless Lawmakers over a University Professor can not bring the much needed progress and development. The monthly Newspaper allowances of a Lawmaker is 3× the salary of a Professor.

We are into the 7th month of the ASUU Strike. The useless Buhari regime that is notorious in negotiating and satisfying the wishes of #BokoHaram terrorists and murderous armed bandits refused to sincerely negotiate with the University Lecturers.

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by AbuAeesha: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2022
Damidave1124:
800k as salary for prof is not too much for someone who has devoted most of his time to research/study to get to that level.
what abt those senior lecturers than would only come to class 3 times for the whole semester
Re: ASUU Strike: Committee Of VCs Recommend ₦800,000 For Profs, To Resolve Deadlock by Omonayanoranmiy: 5:40am On Sep 21, 2022
This salary is too small. A professor is higher than a director or permanent secretary. It takes 25 years of research work to be a professor so people think a professor is a civil servant.he is more than that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kaduna State University Asks Parents To Sign Undertaking After Increasing Fees / Was Your B.sc Final Year Project Of Any Use To You During/after School? / First Class And 2'1 Graduates: Come And Inspire Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.