Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel (9411 Views)

It’s Shameful For Buhari To Hand Over Power To Opposition – Adamu / It Is Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel - Gov Obaseki / PDP: It’s Shameful To Arrest, Arraign Protesters But Pamper Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Ohislee(m): 6:25am On Sep 07, 2022
Cabals of the North are responsible for this shame. They have stalled every economic development that is being associated with the south.
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by IfnobeGod20: 6:33am On Sep 07, 2022
Ddworld:

You guys needs not rise your hope anyhow. Yes, PO seems to be the saviour but was he not also part of the system? He was PDP before decamping and neither a saint. Let's calm down and be focus.

PO this, PO that is only decreasing the guy's chances. He practically doesn't have any magical wand to do anything. Shouting this guy's name unnecessarily is making him losing good number of fans. Let's relax please
That was false expression. Peter Obi wasn't part of the problem because he has never been Nigeria president, vice president, minister, ambassador, adviser or special adviser to the president or vice president. He has not held any post remotely connected to such office. The only two post he held are:
1. Member of Economy Team between 2014 - 2015 (less than a year)
2. Director of SEC between March to May 2015 (2 months)

Every same person know that their economy team did fairly better job than the present economy team. Theirs is to advise and not to implement, so the buck don't stop at their table. Meaning the final responsibility not on their neck.

In the office as a director of Security Exchange Commission, what can he do for just two months in office?
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Skodiswayze(m): 6:51am On Sep 07, 2022
Buy and start telling senseless lies like that other man

Ever8090:
Ok...

Place your Oder ,.

if interested, pls DM me
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2022
Believe them at your own Peril

All of them have invested heavily in that project..

Any governor or elite that does advert or eye service for that refinery...Omo him money dey there oo
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Taigaban: 7:09am On Sep 07, 2022
These people are super w*cked. They frustrate every effort of those seeking license to build modular refinery, so they can continue to import from their Refineries abroad. For 7 good years they refuse to revamp even 1 refinery out of 4, so they can steal through the subsidy regime. Very shameful th**ves.
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Toosure70: 7:13am On Sep 07, 2022
Rubbish talk,, are you not the same?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by IfnobeGod20: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2022
egunna:
dangote refinery will soon be operational,the existing refinerinerie are being given turnaround maintenance too.what does that tell you?or u think fuel importation will end in a year?
Turnaround maintenance for how many years. The former Minister for Petroleum state, promised that before the year 2019 ends all our refineries would have been revamped. Mr. Man, the same song been sang in 2022. Ho many years would it take to prepare for madness.
One news as at 2018, promising full capacity of petroleum production
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nairametrics.com/2018/11/29/fg-to-revamp-refineries-in-warri-port-harcourt-and-kaduna/%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwi6n_awgoL6AhVsh_0HHWStAdo4ChAWegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0R8VBarHmfeSi-HA0443qt
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by isaiahethan: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2022
Terror48:
But the druggie promise that APC will stop fuel importation if buhari assume office in 2014.And some people still want to vote for this same man.The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians.

God bless you, the reason I don't pity Nigerians anymore.
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2022
Betanaija42moro:
That's why we need Peter Obi now.
Otherwise the cabals holding down the country will never allow anything work.

Nigeria must move from consumption to production.

Shut up! Is Peter Obi not handpicked by the cabals? Stop talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by luluosas(m): 7:41am On Sep 07, 2022
Well said, but I hope the Modular Refinery at Ologbo will address the fuel situation in Benin City, and the entire Edo State
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by newnigerdelta1: 8:04am On Sep 07, 2022
Betanaija42moro:

Wetin Peter obi fit do? And who be we? You need Peter obi and I chose Tinubu so who be the we?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by themanderon: 8:26am On Sep 07, 2022
This is what I have been screaming for ages yet the noise is drowned out by talks of subsidy this subsidy that. Google how many refineries Hugo Chavez of Venezuela was able to build for his country and how fuel became so cheap that he was able to even supply cut prices to fellow south American countries like Cuba.
It's a monumental shame that we were importing to meet a shortfall in supplies during Abacha days ad now we don't seem to be refining anything anymore but our petroleum needs are now fully imported. Who is benefiting from this rot in the petroleum and power sectors? These are the questions Nigerians should be asking but they are more interested in mundane and immaterial kinds of stuff.
Is it not shameful that a government will be depending on an individual to help them stop importation by building his refinery after almost 7yrs of being in power?
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Cognitivereason: 8:26am On Sep 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Ghana refinery is up and running. They cater for their local consumption. Nigeria mata na case. Okay, Issue licences to investors to build modular refineries, na wahala. The few issued have been frustrated politically.

how have they been fustrated?

they simply didnt build theirs
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by rusher14: 8:27am On Sep 07, 2022
Goodoldays:

How has he been part of the problem please,is he part of the problem because he was a a PDP member or part of it because he has held a strategic position in government as an individual and failed to deliver?

What is your reason for labeling him “part of the problem”?.

Instead of attracting only breweries to Anambra he could have attracted refineries.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Cognitivereason: 8:28am On Sep 07, 2022
Taigaban:
These people are super w*cked. They frustrate every effort of those seeking license to build modular refinery, so they can continue to import from their Refineries abroad. For 7 good years they refuse to revamp even 1 refinery out of 4, so they can steal through the subsidy regime. Very shameful th**ves.

you are nothing but pained

there is no single truth in all the garbage you typed..
this administration issued more licenses than the 16 years of PDP combined.. go to DPR site and verify
yet many of them have not done anything tangible with it..

2 refineries are under complete overhaul

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 07, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
There is nothing that can be so shameful more than that.
That's the singular fact that I say Buhari failed woefully. That was one of those things I told people then that he will do, that he will revamp all our refineries but he got there and joined the cabal kneeling on Nigeria's neck.

My brother that is an average Nigerian mentality. Check all sector, they are too lazy to utilize products. So disheartening a day I read about a Nigerian and their half baked exporter celebrating exporting a vessel of cocoa but. Is that not stupidity? Why not add value, create more jobs and sell high? No! They order the easy way. Check all sectors, you will see that most Nigerians are just extremely lazy to go additional mile in getting the best.

We all just need to change our orientation
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Cognitivereason: 8:30am On Sep 07, 2022
Ohislee:
Cabals of the North are responsible for this shame. They have stalled every economic development that is being associated with the south.

so when Obasanjo and goodluck who ruled for 14 long years.. it is the the north's fault.
when during GEJ time the NNPC chairman and minister of petroleum were southerners and niger deltans

why not remove hatred from your mind and see how you will reason better.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Cognitivereason: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2022
no doubt it is very shameful

but the good thing is that there are massive efforts towards ending it
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by phyl123: 8:49am On Sep 07, 2022
Then do something about it.

I wish we had more leaders like obaseki Nigeria would be a better place.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Terror48: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2022
egunna:
dangote refinery will soon be operational,the existing refinerinerie are being given turnaround maintenance too.what does that tell you?or u think fuel importation will end in a year?
So, turnaround maintenance for the past 7yrs? was that the promise?You can't support APC without sounding stupid.
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Goodoldays(m): 8:54am On Sep 07, 2022
rusher14:

Instead of attracting only breweries to Anambra he could have attracted refineries.

Atleast you admitted he attracted something at all.

That your religion forbids alcohol doesn’t make it a wrong thing for humans to take

Thanks for the admission.
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 07, 2022
Disgraceful
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by promzy555(m): 9:17am On Sep 07, 2022
See dis one, beta pple dey talk hammer head of error still dey talk.

Is a shame u Obaseki took Edo State back to 90s. I officially apologize to Adams former Edo State governor. Not because u are good, I know u finish Edo State, but u are 100 times beta than the present. You warn Edolite abt dis heatless man.
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Eriokanmi: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2022
Cognitivereason:

how have they been fustrated?

they simply didnt build theirs
You won't understand grin. It's just like you saying those issued university licence dont have money to build theirs. As an investor who knows how profitable an investment is, funds cannever be the issue. So much frustration in the system.

Osinbajo tried to make it work but the power that be would never allow it happen.
Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Tareq1105: 9:43am On Sep 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Ghana refinery is up and running. They cater for their local consumption. Nigeria mata na case. Okay, Issue licences to investors to build modular refineries, na wahala. The few issued have been frustrated politically.

I agree with you but Obaseki should shut his big mouth. He's one of them and I can bet you if he's made Minister of Petroleum he would not make any difference. Talk is cheap.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Eriokanmi: 10:07am On Sep 07, 2022
Tareq1105:

I agree with you but Obaseki should shut his big mouth. He's one of them and I can bet you if he's made Minister of Petroleum he would not make any difference. Talk is cheap.
Edo refinery is completed, to commence operations soonest, most likely before year-end, seplat too. Those are the 2 modular refineries i know that fought the regulatory body to their teeth. You can find out yourself. Its not an easy battle. Our govt policies are not investor-friendly but i understand. There's so much rot in the system. They want to keep reaping us off from the subsidy they're cashing out from.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Cognitivereason: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
You won't understand grin. It's just like you saying those issued university licence dont have money to build theirs. As an investor who knows how profitable an investment is, funds cannever be the issue. So much frustration in the system.

Osinbajo tried to make it work but the power that be would never allow it happen.

oga .. what is the system and how is it fustrated..

look at the rubbish you typed.. if licenses have been issued and the funds are there...what else can block an investor..stop being emotional

by the way waltersmith refinery is up and running

jimoh ibrahim is building his own modular refinery in delta state

edo state modular refinery is in advance stages of being completed

stop spready propaganda

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Yankee101: 10:59am On Sep 07, 2022
It's intentional like power generation
Some people get rich from chaos in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by RichAbujaGuy: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2022
Yankee101:
It's intentional like power generation
Some people get rich from chaos in nigeria

I totally agree. This short YouTube video explains a lot.

How One Company (Shell) Destroyed An Entire Country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uuW4AP8M4M

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by ljoh: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2022
Betanaija42moro:

Obi supporters don't have pvc

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by ljoh: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2022
Ddworld:

You guys needs not rise your hope anyhow. Yes, PO seems to be the saviour but was he not also part of the system? He was PDP before decamping and neither a saint. Let's calm down and be focus.

PO this, PO that is only decreasing the guy's chances. He practically doesn't have any magical wand to do anything. Shouting this guy's name unnecessarily is making him losing good number of fans. Let's relax please

Peter Obi can't do anything that's why we need restructuring and decentralisation of power

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: It’s Shameful Nigeria Still Imports Fuel by Eriokanmi: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2022
Cognitivereason:

oga .. what is the system and how is it fustrated..

look at the rubbish you typed.. if licenses have been issued and the funds are there...what else can block an investor..stop being emotional

by the way waltersmith refinery is up and running

jimoh ibrahim is building his own modular refinery in delta state

edo state modular refinery is in advance stages of being completed

stop spready propaganda
Enough said with no intention to rubbish the government or anyone. I'm aware of some of the achievements of this govt too but that doesn't mean when the truth is said, some people would take it personal, no! I didn't say no licences were issued. Go and ask the few you mentioned how they fought with their teeth, among many who had applied. The truth which many of you don't realise is, there's a lot of vested inretest in the subsidy regime. These people would never allow anything work. That's what's also killing the major refineries we had. Sadly, it's beyond buhari himself.

In the niger delta for instance, there were illegal refineries who were refining good quality diesel and selling to the market. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg to build a modular refinery but because of the reasons mentioned above, they'd never allow it work. I recall how much Edo fought for their modular refinery which is expected to commence operation before end of this year. It's not just at an advanced stage as you said. It's actually been completed. This isn't about politics but the hard fact. The Buhari's administration could have performed below expectations but in some areas, especially infrastructure, they tried.

I'd not do any copy and past here. You can Google these facts yourself and read at your convenience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu In Kaduna, Vows To Eliminate Kidnappers, Bandits / Enugu Guber: Labour Party Candidate Accused Of Attacking PDP Candidate, mbah / Bayelsa Election 2023: Survey Gives Governor Diri Victory In 8 LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.