Stats: 3,195,204 members, 7,957,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:11 PM

Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! (11864 Views)

Who Can Thank MTN For Me / MTN Network Back In Numan & Adamawa State! Thank God. Borno, Yobe Any News? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ragdollz: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2011
tpia@:

i want to see how it will affect the nigerian market and also how stuff like copyrights, etc will be handled because currently artistic output is unregulated.

so how will they make a profit when piracy is the order of the day.

will like to know how it goes.

Lol, there is piracy everywhere, even in America and UK, and it more high-tech ways too, which means musicians lose more money in UK/US than they could ever hope to lose from pirating Nigerians tongue. Besides, Nigerian-based folks will be more interested in purchasing foreign music on iTunes than the Nigerian music which they can easily find at their bus stop tongue tongue. Anyway, I hope the Copyrights Commission in Nigeria or which ever governmental body is behind this delay should fix it cos it looks really weird with no music on sale on iTunes grin grin grin - like, what's the point then??
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by ragdollz: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2011
[n3rve]:

LoL! I own the iPhone 4 (currently tethering with MyWi), the iPad 2 (4.3.3, jailbroken) and a MacBook Air 3,1 (10.6, SE, yeah I'm outdated tongue). I'm an avid Apple fan. I listen to a whole lot of music, hell my iTunes library's current reading is: "26591 Songs, 146.7 days, 112.76GB" (none purchased on iTunes). I have hundreds of applications for my iDevices, but I rarely use the App Store, but for .IPAs unavailable at AppTrackr/Installous (XE Currency Converter, Google Latitude, iBooks to name a few) I fall back on good ol' iTunes.

As regards features that make your listening experience worthwhile, I fail to see what iTunes offers that the other mainstream music players don't, mind educating me? (Don't mention PING tongue)
Correction: The iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad is far from a shell without iTunes. I'm also a Linux user, On my old iPhone 3Gs, I used my Mac only to update/restore/jailbreak the phone. The other stuff, I used RhythmBox to sync music, transferred apps (.IPAs / .DEBs) to the Installous/Cydia install directories using OpenSSH and something else which I can't remember for photos. I used the iPhone beyond iTunes capabilities even! tongue

-[n3rve]

That's cool, nice. Well, iTunes music has a lot of things going for it, apart from Genius or even Ping. I just think you'll enjoy your iPhone/iPod when you use iTunes apps than the way you get your own apps grin grin. I have loads of music too, only 10% of my songs are purchased from iTunes, the others were downloaded from the web or from my CDS. But it's really weird you're not into iTunes with all your know-how smiley. It's a really fun place!
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by MuyiGL: 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
shadrach77: this is very silly! how did it make it to the front page?  shocked shocked - itunes is an international organisation and has always been available to all countries including Nigeria - just because you (the poster) was not aware of this does not negate the fact - moreso, there are several Nigerian artistes on itunes including Paul Dairo, King Sunny Ade, 9ice, Femi Kuti, Tosin Martins etc.  angry angry cool

Mr before you go around insulting people make sure you know what you're talking about. Before this was posted, had you been able to download any music from these artistes you mentioned on the iTunes store? had you been able to download anything at all without using a fake US account?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by walcolm(m): 6:51am On Aug 01, 2012
buzugee: do they sell ipods in nigeria ? how much do they go for

seriously, did you just fall back to earth from the moon?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by chimaobikanu(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2012
omafones: As many of you now know Apple has finally recognized Nigeria in their iTunes Store.

I have now registered for iTunes in Nigeria, using my Nigerian address, email address and a Nigerian registered visa debit card. i have even bought a .99c app using my Nigerian debit card - took only a few minutes.

However I don't seem to be able to find any music for sale. There are loads of books, there Nigerian themed apps and other more traditional apps, but i can't find any music. Even when i search my the name of the artist all i get is books or apps about the artist, no music and neither are there any films.

Am I missing something here? has anyone out there used the Nigerian iTunes? what is your experience.

tried using my diamond bank debit card to register, but it didnt work sad
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
can i also buy hd games from nigerian apple store cuz dats all i need?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by Joagbaje(m): 6:21am On Aug 16, 2012
It's coming so late after android has made so many apps available. Thanks to galaxy.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by nyjoseph: 2:20am On Aug 17, 2012
I can help you people get a US iTunes account that you can use here in Nigeria here to download any content you want. If you need one, just call me on 08064482220
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2012
as far as the credit card madness is still dia i think it is better not to open any one.iphone don suffer me wella cuz of dis credit card tin
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by nyjoseph: 5:00am On Aug 18, 2012
bush4ker: as far as the credit card madness is still dia i think it is better not to open any one.iphone don suffer me wella cuz of dis credit card tin
I can give you one without the credit card madness and it can be used to download any content even music cos it's US iTunes account.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 11:15am On Aug 18, 2012
then lets make a deal.but the only thing i want is to download hd games.how can it b possible pls?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by nyjoseph: 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
bush4ker: then lets make a deal.but the only thing i want is to download hd games.how can it b possible pls?
Where do you stay?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by chimaobikanu(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2012
ny_joseph: I can help you people get a US iTunes account that you can use here in Nigeria here to download any content you want. If you need one, just call me on 08064482220
thanks man, the iTunes account is working now.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 9:44am On Aug 19, 2012
anambra
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 9:51am On Aug 19, 2012
and can i buy app from apple store with itunes gift card without opening apple id with credit card?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by nyjoseph: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
chimaobikanu: thanks man, the iTunes account is working now.
You're welcome bro. And if you see any other person wey need am, just control them to me.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by nyjoseph: 8:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
bush4ker: and can i buy app from apple store with itunes gift card without opening apple id with credit card?
Yeah! Sure.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by chimaobikanu(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2012
ny_joseph: You're welcome bro. And if you see any other person wey need am, just control them to me.
ok Bro, no P
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by inemboy16: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2012
ny_joseph: You're welcome bro. And if you see any other person wey need am, just control them to me.

I need it. Mail me the procedures on inemboy16@gmail.com or letz chat on nimbuzz (shadboy) or yahoomessenger (shadddow2002) or accept me on 2go.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by nyjoseph: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2012
inemboy16:

I need it. Mail me the procedures on inemboy16@gmail.com or letz chat on nimbuzz (shadboy) or yahoomessenger (shadddow2002) or accept me on 2go.
Call me on 08064482220 or 08094653850 Cos I no dey get the time to dey chat online these days.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by inemboy16: 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
ny_joseph: Call me on 08064482220 or 08094653850 Cos I no dey get the time to dey chat online these days.

You contacted me regardin the account, but stopped communication when i came up with somethin. You're not real. The testimonial above could be your job.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:44am On Aug 22, 2012
bush4ker: and can i buy app from apple store with itunes gift card without opening apple id with credit card?

read: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2011/10/itunes4naija-get-itunes-gift-cards-and.html
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 8:56am On Aug 22, 2012
tanx man its possible but it luks like i cant download large like 100mb files directly to my iphone without wifi connection
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by sinade1(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2012
bush4ker: tanx man its possible but it luks like i cant download large like 100mb files directly to my iphone without wifi connection

There is Apple's restriction to download apps above 20mb over cellular data connection, except wifi connection.

But no restriction if your device is jailbroken and you install my3g or 3g Unrestrictor.

I can download game of 1g size with my jailbroken iPhone 4S over cellular connection. grin grin grin
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
k but is dia a way to jailbreak the iphone without using a pc cuz i dont have one
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by sinade1(m): 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
bush4ker: k but is dia a way to jailbreak the iphone without using a pc cuz i dont have one

Sorry, no way. U need a pc or Mac to carry out any jailbreaking process.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by bush4ker(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2012
ok tanx man
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by inemboy16: 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
sinade1:

Sorry, no way. U need a pc or Mac to carry out any jailbreaking process.

Plz is it possible to update the phone to the latest ios after jailbreakin it?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by nyjoseph: 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
inemboy16:

You contacted me regardin the account, but stopped communication when i came up with somethin. You're not real. The testimonial above could be your job.
I didn't stop the conversation, I only ask you to call me that I don't have time to reply emails. And you know what? I don't have to tell you I'm honest until you test me and prove it to yourself. If you really need the iTunes account, do what I asked you to do and see whether you won't get it instanta.
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by inemboy16: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
ny_joseph: I didn't stop the conversation, I only ask you to call me that I don't have time to reply emails. And you know what? I don't have to tell you I'm honest until you test me and prove it to yourself. If you really need the iTunes account, do what I asked you to do and see whether you won't get it instanta.

I need the account. But is the account meant for free stuff at the store or can I buy with it?
Re: Itunes Now In Nigeria - Thank God! by Revolva(m): 3:27pm On Sep 14, 2012
buzugee: do they sell ipods in nigeria ? how much do they go for
Are you dumb what type of question is this - ipod have been here even before steve blew the whistle of the first sales haha there is no gadget in america that's aint here bitch

Unusable Airtime Bonus From Airtel / Tecno H3 Discussion Thread / First Guy To Sell Kidney And Buy Iphone 7 (photo)