Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Can They Marry Outside Of Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can They Marry Outside Of Canada? (606 Views)

Why Are Tickets So Expensive In And Outside Of Nigeria This December? / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. / How Do I Get Permanent Resident Card Of Canada Using Temporary Residence Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can They Marry Outside Of Canada? by ojdollars(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2011
A Friend Of Mine Asked Me If He Can Marry His Canadian Girlfriend in Turkey where is currently residing now and still be considered a citizen? Please any idea or comment is welcome for a feed back to him, No Insults please. Thank you
Re: Can They Marry Outside Of Canada? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2011
I believe a registry marriage certificate is valid anywhere in the world. So he can get married to his lady in Turkey. I don't think Canadian citizenship will be automatic though. This will also apply if they're married in Canada. He'll still have to go through the process, and apply after he's married. Not sure what time period needs to elapse before he can apply.
Re: Can They Marry Outside Of Canada? by ojdollars(m): 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2011
@ Uncle Siena, thank you very much for your post. I have called and talked to my friend about it already and he is really grateful too. Thanks bro, this is very informative. I wish I was still singular and plural. Hahahaha.

(1) (Reply)

Lottery Winners: Board Your Flights To Anywhere In America / How Much Money Require For Different Country / Calabar...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.