Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her (19990 Views)

Royal Mint Unveils Image Of First King Charles Coin Following Queen's Death / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death / Buckingham Palace Ballroom Where President Trump Dined With The Queen(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Elsueno: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2022
I feel more sadness for unknown Nigerians & Africans that died than s Queen..I literally feel nothing about her
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by sisisioge: 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2022
You're a good person....you recognized that she was a good person who was good to her people and beyond. Once Buhari dies, you would feel different.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by TempleHouse: 5:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
Lilydore:

I will gladly piss on her grave if I get the chance to. cry

Nonsense.
The fact that your father was deported from UK for raping a minor does not mean you vent your anger for the rest of your life !

Change your Surname and Apply for the visa and you might be lucky!
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by mmsen: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
The question u should as is.
"Why should an african respect an icon"
People dont respect her because she is a monarch but cos she is an icon with so much thrilling stories just like mandela and Michael jackson

She's a thief and figurehead for white supremacist figurehead. Only extremely misguided people would refer to her as an 'icon'.

Comparing this old cretin to Michael Jackson or Mandela is insanely offensive.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by KJtemi: 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2022
ShaqFu:
You've been Brainwashed that's why you feel sad. I bet you didn't feel sad when the Alaafin of Oyo died, neither did you feel sad when your own traditional ruler died. This is the effects of brainwashing.
not everyone likes a person,so I’m not against you but all this brainwash talk is stupid
She was as good as a celebrity and less as a political figure and we all know people connect to people like that so once they die they get sad,all those Nigerian monarchs on the other hand are not famous and we rarely hear about them plus they are know to be corrupt so of course they spark no interest in peoples

About the royal family’s atrocities,i understand but please move on,i was learning about our monarchs before they came almost and to be honest they weren’t much better we were just used to the idea of serving them so we didn’t revolt
They were as selfish as the westerners were,had slaves of their owns and hoarded all the wealth of the kingdom for themselves and i wont be suprised if we developed faster than them they might have decided to colonize the whole world too so please move on

The crown is more of a show and they have no real power anymore
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Bbbwings: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

your plan is to japa to UK and the western world but not Ethiopia.

Well why not
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by dochenaj: 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I had this same feeling when MJ died, probably because i was looking forward to more of his songs.
But this Queens death, i was just suppose to read the news and type RIP.
Death causes for sadness. If you feel sad over the death of someone you don't know, then it means you are alive.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by kingPhidel(m): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
Oh poor child sad you know nothing about history. You follow hearsay. I dare you to bring up the history document with source. Werey
Veyyronn21:

Shut up and ask your mom to teach you history, that’s if you didn’t get same sense like your mother
I respect your mother so I won’t insult her even online because I know the value of a mother. But as for you, you’ll continue to disrespect people until you disrespect your destiny helper and later grow old disrespecting people and get disrespected by your children then you’ll learn.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Probz(m): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
Does ur mother deserve it?

She most-certainly does, you-fool.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Michelle70(m): 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
Probz:

She most-certainly does, you-fool.
I doubt she does.
Cos if she do, she wouldnt have birthed u
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by DollarSigns(m): 7:09pm On Sep 09, 2022
Lilydore:

Nonsense.
The sarcasm is lovely cos you may definitely never get the chance to get close to her grave
This life no balance
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by faceland: 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
It is a sad news due to the familiarity of her face since childhood (and she was a modest woman), but chill the foooq down.

I think I cried for Pope John Paul II and Lucky Dube (I was minding my business when it just pained me).
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Probz(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I doubt she does.
Cos if she do, she wouldnt have birthed u

And you’re saying all-this just-because I dared to say the Queen deserves more respect than a man whose sole-mission at the moment is to destroy and embezzle Nigeria (and has-been for the past seven years)?

You’re a funny foetus (who should’ve-been aborted) indeed.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by AminuRano87(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I wont blame u, Nigerians are not known to respect people.

If u cant respect ur own leaders and cant respect the death of Nigeria matyrs, how can u respect a british manarch?
Especially the Igbos, very hateful people.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by AminuRano87(m): 8:40pm On Sep 09, 2022
Heathrow44:
for me, I think is the fact I've heard that name since I was born, we av gotten used to the name queen Elizabeth for many yrs that its now shocking to hear of her passing on, she's stayed right thru it all for every person between ages of 14-55yrs has known this woman
She spent 70 years 7 months on the throne, ruling.
So even a seventy year old man didn't know know any king or queen apart from her
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Jacketaltrade: 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
RIP

I am giving respect to the empire who civilised the whole Africa

if not for the British, slave trade, cannibalism, twin killings, human sacrifice, and running naked would have been the order of the day.
chief human sacrifice and running naked is still an order of the day.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by hkidola00(m): 9:34pm On Sep 09, 2022
Daniel7543:
You're not alone bro. I feel so sad too.

R.I.P to her.

She was like a mother to me sad sad
hahahahahahahaha..I'm at a club now laughing..people just dey look me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Kay25(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2022
Lilydore:

Nonsense.
You can't even get such chances...
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Karlifate: 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
cheesy

This time next month, many people would have forgotten about her.

Life goes on. kiss
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Diligence: 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2022
This song comes to mind: ONLY REMEMBERED BY WHAT WE HAVE DONE!!!!

WHAT WOULD YOU BE REMEMBERED FOR:

GENOCIDES! SLAVERY!
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by omolawale: 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
Michelle70:
I had this same feeling when MJ died, probably because i was looking forward to more of his songs.
But this Queens death, i was just suppose to read the news and type RIP.
You have what's referred to as the Stockholm syndrome. In other words, you have been manipulated to love your oppressor who successfully enslaved and impoverished your forefathers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by omolawale: 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2022
Eaglesence:

You are human na. Im grieving her too. Didnt shed tears though. But as much as i know very little about her, i miss her already so much like say na she be dey pay my bills. Huh sad

You have the innate qualities of a follower.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Paulianfa(m): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
E be like say I go rest for NL until this queen death wahala ends
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Wisfem: 12:11am On Sep 10, 2022
etrange:
It's easy to connect with a musician whose music lifted your soul at a point. But regarding the queen, you're probably more struck by the fact that her death is a major event. Unless, of course, you've been directly or indirectly affected by something she did in the past, perhaps a special act of kindness or a policy she influenced. Just saying.

This guy has no sort of regret or sympathy or whatsoever about the death of the said woman, he is only up there to throw jibes to his fellow country men
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Wisfem: 12:18am On Sep 10, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Not just you...

Was sad about the news... I don't know why but I fancy the queen...

Told my mum about the news and she pity the whole Royal family... if she had a jet... she would hav travel to Balmoral Castle immediately

Witches don't need jets or flits they have a faster means to travel she is not willing to go yet
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Brdshhubk: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2022
BEWARE, JOB SEEKERS!

If you have applied for two or more jobs and yet haven't received any interview invitation, it's a clear indication that your CV is ineffective and requires professional assistance.

Please pay close attention to what you're about to read next if you're tired of being in this position and need your CV to be effective.

I must let you in on a secret. I know exactly where you can find help.

There is a company that will rewrite your CV and turn it into a powerful marketing tool that will land you multiple interview invitations. 99.9% guaranteed.

Their service is RELIABLE, FAST, and CHEAP.

Within a week of reading this, the first 20 persons who get in touch with them will receive a CV revamp for just 5,000NGN.

With your revamped CV, you would stand out, dazzle recruiters, improve your prospects, and secure an interview.

Keep in mind that the discount has a deadline. Therefore, take action today! Contact them right away!

Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Veyyronn21: 9:40am On Sep 10, 2022
kingPhidel:
Oh poor child sad you know nothing about history. You follow hearsay. I dare you to bring up the history document with source. Werey I respect your mother so I won’t insult her even online because I know the value of a mother. But as for you, you’ll continue to disrespect people until you disrespect your destiny helper and later grow old disrespecting people and get disrespected by your children then you’ll learn.
That’s what I’m saying, go check history and stop saying trash
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Kog45(m): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2022
Lilydore:
Foolish Queen. Rest in pieces.
Prof Uju don dey give una liver.
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by HarlequinLekex: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2022
Michelle70:
I wont blame u, Nigerians are not known to respect people.

If u cant respect ur own leaders and cant respect the death of Nigeria matyrs, how can u respect a british manarch?
Not a matter of respect she is gone and gone,to me it is just like you people mourning her for days her worshiping her as a god
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by HarlequinLekex: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2022
Elsueno:
I feel more sadness for unknown Nigerians & Africans that died than s Queen..I literally feel nothing about her
that is it,she is gone and gone it is like they are worshiping are as a god or so
Re: Why Do I Feel So Sad About The Queen's Death, I Dont Even Know Her by Michelle70(m): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Not a matter of respect she is gone and gone,to me it is just like you people mourning her for days her worshiping her as a god
its more like mourning an icon who has crest her name in world history book and her legacy will still be there in the next 100years has the longest serving british monarch.

And also this is a woman every household has heard her name at least once

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Melbourne Earthquake: Tremor Rattles Southeast Australia / Trump bars visas for Immigrants who can't pay for healthcare / Russian Scientists Condemn Ukraine Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.