Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) (48415 Views)

Tinubu: When Atiku Says "Walahi Talahi", He Means "Na Lie I Lie" (Video) / Tinubu: When I Returned Schools To Missionaries, I Didn't Look At Religion / Tambuwal To Tinubu: When You Were Denied Buhari’s VP, You Tried To Rock The Boat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Ttalk: 11:41am On Sep 09, 2022
FEGNO:

I think you are wrong on who first created a body like LASTMA. In 1981 or 83 Jim Nwobodo had created the Road Corps.

Where are the presence of the Road corps in the roads of Anambra in 2022. That's what makes the difference, appreciate good work if you see one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by DIVAD2000: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:
FLASHBACK: [15th July 2000]: Governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu @officialABAT established the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) to ensure free flow of traffic in the state, enforce traffic rules and a massive employment generation.

#BAT2023

This was the same way buhari was marketed

War against indiscipline
Fought against corruption e.t.c
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Fcwilly: 11:43am On Sep 09, 2022
Apart Kai and lastma what else?
Helping Lagos to generate revenue is very very good but please what did he do just as Baba jakande build lasu, general hospitals, health centers, water works, alausa new structure, lawma. Please just mention 1 physical.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by tunde1200(m): 11:44am On Sep 09, 2022
Children of hates make Una come for lesson Igbos/Obidient children
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:
So, he removed the traffic police and ignored the road safety corps, employed and funded a parallel body with the help of his state legislature and took over the jobs of a federal organisation like the police and the road safety?

This man has never believed in the Nigerian government.

Why didn't he ensure that the police did their work to control traffic?
You are very unfortunate. You aren't good at twisting good things. Who's blessed is blessed and who's cursed . You this PresidObi is cursed. The same support you all want Yorubas to give Ojukwu before the civil war is the same you want Yorubas to give Obi.
What's Tinubu's crime, cos he supported Buhari in 2015. Is Tinubu Buhari? Or did he tell you Buhari gave him all the money he ate in govt?
Look, you all ll cause Obi's downfall if you don't want to v sense.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Keegan: 11:56am On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Traffic police and road safety corps are still very much available in Lagos. He simply created LASTMA to complement the efforts of these other agencies as they were undermanned.

This was the very first time that na the history of Nigeria that a state government would attempt to create a paramilitary agency at the state level and today, it has become a huge success that other states have copied.

This is the kind of bold, innovative and courageous ideas that Tinubu will bring onboard to solve various problems confronting Nigeria.

He created LASTMA for traffic management, LIRS for revenue generation, LAWMA for waste management, RRS for security management, Office of the public defender for providing free legal services to those who can’t afford it, IPP for improved electricity supply, BRT for mass transportation, free WAEC fees for all public school students etc. All these ideas have now been copied by so many states including FG.

Now tell us just one new idea that Peter Obi introduced as governor of Anambra state that has been copied by FG or any other state in the country.

Tinubu we know.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Ikukuchi: 11:58am On Sep 09, 2022
Fool me ones shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me ~ Chinese proverb
Africana1123:
FLASHBACK: [15th July 2000]: Governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu @officialABAT established the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) to ensure free flow of traffic in the state, enforce traffic rules and a massive employment generation.

#BAT2023
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by deedo93(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

I love the way you put it, and I agree he was trying to solve a problem. But we cannot give him credit when there's the bigger case of subversion of the existing constitution which states clearly who should do what.

I understand the problem of the police and even the FRSC, but allowing each state make laws that suit them without recourse to existing laws will create 3 problems.

The police and FRSC are still arresting traffic offenders in Lagos and elsewhere, the LASTMA are also doing the same job, without collaboration of these bodies, where can we get the records of repeat offenders? Where can we enforce a central traffic directory and uniform punishment of offenders?

Have you seen the serious loopholes created when we decide to abandon the constitution because we are trying to solve a problem? Tinubu shouldn't be praised for creating LASTMA, it increased traffic management issues instead of ending it.

That's my point.

Interesting point of view. I've never seen it from this your perspective.

Las Las wahala no dey finish

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by LegalWolf: 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:
So, he removed the traffic police and ignored the road safety corps, employed and funded a parallel body with the help of his state legislature and took over the jobs of a federal organisation like the police and the road safety?

Bro, I’m responding to this because it appears you genuinely do not know. FRSC only enforce road laws in federal roads, which is less than 12% of the entire country’s road network.

Police enforcement powers regarding traffic is too stretched. All over the world, police don’t enforce tracffic laws. More particularly, the Nigerian Police Force is not designed to enforce traffic laws. In fact, they are not well equipped or staffed to enforce their primary obligations.

So, objectively speaking. It makes sense to have LASTMA. You may hate Tinubu. That’s fine. I’m not even campaigning for him. But at least, let’s give him some slack on his achievements

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by zionstaar75: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Clearly, that was putting aside the Nigerian constitution which he swore to uphold? The Nigerian police are the constitutional body with the responsibility of directing traffic and punishing offenders. We dont want someone who will work against the constitution because of his personal interests.
how many police are in lagos that u want them to add traffic management to their overloaded work load. This gives u away as someone always trying to find fault in tinubu whether right or wrong. Kwara State where I live has copied lastma called kwastma and the traffic management is better of.there should be objectivity in our arguments,this is 2022!both Peter obi and tinubu supporters are guilty of this. I don't bother taking about atiku because he's wasting his time
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by 7arrows: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
Naijanascam:
Waoooo.... the Man who made Lagos instead of Iragbiji

See me behind playing with stones. Now I'm grown up and a successful business man doing very well in lagos. Thanks to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by 7arrows: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Police have a division to control trafic. No Monday am joor. All those things was just to make money for himself.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by shegun4sur: 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Traffic police and road safety corps are still very much available in Lagos. He simply created LASTMA to complement the efforts of these other agencies as they were undermanned.

This was the very first time that na the history of Nigeria that a state government would attempt to create a paramilitary agency at the state level and today, it has become a huge success that other states have copied.

This is the kind of bold, innovative and courageous ideas that Tinubu will bring onboard to solve various problems confronting Nigeria.

He created LASTMA for traffic management, LIRS for revenue generation, LAWMA for waste management, RRS for security management, Office of the public defender for providing free legal services to those who can’t afford it, IPP for improved electricity supply, BRT for mass transportation, free WAEC fees for all public school students etc. All these ideas have now been copied by so many states including FG.

Now tell us just one new idea that Peter Obi introduced as governor of Anambra state that has been copied by FG or any other state in the country.

And he empowered the mc oluomos for the election rigging. Making doing business harder and investors flight
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Dshocker(m): 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2022
rusher14:

Obey the rules and nobody would be after you.

Same way armed robbers dislike police.

Which rules are we talking about?

If your vehicle breaks down on the high way, their primary objective was to help assist take the car off the road, for easy movement of other motorist, but they have turned it to a money make organisation
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by olatuns2017: 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:

#BAT2023

I just read this on nairaland

This guy Ironsi was a criminal and his lineage

They caused Nigeria doom and therefore it will never be their turn until Nigeria is fixed

quote author=Biodun556 post=116491715]Major J T Aguiyi Ironsi (middle) during an army training exercise at the School of Infantry,Warminster England, where he took a company commanders course in the 1950s.
[/quote]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by rusher14: 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2022
Dshocker:

Which rules are we talking about?

If your vehicle breaks down on the high way, their primary objective was to help assist take the car off the road, for easy movement of other motorist, but they have turned it to a money make organisation

That's not their primary purpose.

Otherwise, everyone would drive a not-so road-worthy vehicle.

From where do you even expect their salaries to be paid?

From what should their equipment be paid?

Government isn't a charity organisation.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by olatuns2017: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:

#BAT2023

Ibos destroyed Awolowo lay down plans for regionalism

No ibos will be president of NIGERIA

https://www.nairaland.com/7323580/major-j-t-aguiyi-ironsi#116491715

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by rusher14: 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2022
shegun4sur:

And he empowered the mc oluomos for the election rigging. Making doing business harder and investors flight

Funny enough, Lagos is the number 1 destination for FDI in West Africa.

Same for local investors.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by OsunOriginal: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:

#BAT2023

The man, my next president... Nigeria will benefit so much from his wealth of vision.

Zombidients should show us any visionary thing Obi did in Anambra that has survived beyond his lackluster 8 years rule.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by wolebest: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:

#BAT2023

This what the Bible says "Do not despise the days of humble beginnings"

The seed that has become a Oak Tree .........................
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2022
ecolime:
Tinubu did right with LASTMA.

As much as I hate the excesses and greed of those guys, their contributions can't be downplayed.
Gbam!! We'll said
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Dadadididacontr: 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2022
You are myopic in thoughts. He got state autonomy from over stressed Nigeria police and fortified the state security with the establishment of RRS (Rapid Response Squad) to checkmate and arrest criminals.
PresidObi:

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by nams77: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
Naijanascam:
Waoooo.... the Man who made Lagos instead of Iragbiji
You my brother, you are a vawulent man grin

Abeg someone should add one vawulence meme for me

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by bdon123(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
DigiPerson:
Hello, greetings to you all

Are you struggling to meet your sales and marketing goals?

Are you worried the year is almost coming to an end with no feasible achievement on your sales and marketing targets?

Do you want to do Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram ads or any other digital marketing services?

MY SERVICES CAN HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS.

Contact me for any of the digital marketing services and you will be glad you did.

It's a guarantee!

Call/WhatsAPP: 0802-880-0850
So we should do wat wit this useless piece of info?
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Abbeypp(m): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:

#BAT2023

Hello nairaland pls am in need of you guys help.....am a documentary and portraits photographer but recently I have challenge with my lens which I have spent a lot of money on.....pls am writing this to you all to assist me with any photography gigs within southwest so as to raise enough funds for myself.......or if anyone has willing to assist me financially i will be very very grateful....things are really tight right now.......pls reach out to me on

herbisodunola27@gmail.com

Thank you sir/ma
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Naijanascam: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2022
spartachico:

Abeg which part of Lagos is this in 1998 ooo, people with fake madt update

Because nothing like lagos until be BAT took over in 1999 and made it what it is today according to Agbadorians
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Iziquiel(m): 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Clearly, that was putting aside the Nigerian constitution which he swore to uphold? The Nigerian police are the constitutional body with the responsibility of directing traffic and punishing offenders. We dont want someone who will work against the constitution because of his personal interests.
Mr Man, rest! You obviously do not have a point. LASTMA is a Creation of Law.The Creation of LASTMA passed through the Lagos State House of Assembly, so what exactly is your point? Did LASTMA stop the Police especially and FRSC especially the FRSC from preforming its duty?

You want to use the Constitution to rubbish this great achievement but you should remember that your Obi did not conduct Local Government elections for almost 8 year's when he was Governor.

Have a good day!
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by NigeriaEngineer(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2022
Africana1123:

#BAT2023
so how has lastma helped reducing traffic congestion in lagos. Still spent my usual 3 hours on lagos roads.
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by Mujtahida: 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Stop spreading your ignorance around. Show us where it is provided in the constitution and the Police Act that it is exclusively the function of the police to direct traffic to the extent that a state government cannot pass laws setting up traffic and waste management agencies to regulate traffic and waste. Just open your mouth waaa and confidently spread ignorance
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by spartachico(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2022
Naijanascam:

Because nothing like lagos until be BAT took over in 1999 and made it what it is today according to Agbadorians

Lmfao no mind dem ,it was agbado before BAT changed the name to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by moyosore32: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
PresidObi:

Now check what u posted and ask ursef, if u have any sense at all
Re: Pictures Of Bola Tinubu When He Established LASTMA (July 2000) by latolz: 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2022
Always in tandem with thuggery..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Amaechi: Reno Omokri Releases Audio Clip Part 1 About Amaechi & Buhari / Vegetable Seller's Gift To Osinbajo In Calabar (Photos) / Wike Drops Charges Against Armed-Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.