Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

My Civic Goes Off While Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Civic Goes Off While Driving (2170 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / Your Advice On The Oil To Use For My Civic 07 / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Civic Goes Off While Driving by inas911(m): 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hi All, Please I need some help. When am driving, my car (Honda civic 2006 ) suddenly goes off. I have changed the fuel pump. Changed all coils, changed plugs, still same thing.

Any possible suggestion for a fix, I will be very glad. Right, it's not even starting again.
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by Dozieson(m): 7:06pm On Sep 09, 2022
inas911:
Hi All, Please I need some help. When am driving, my car (Honda civic 2006 ) suddenly goes off. I have changed the fuel pump. Changed all coils, changed plugs, still same thing.

Any possible suggestion for a fix, I will be very glad. Right, it's not even starting again.

Na wa. People just waste money changing parts without knowIng the issue with their cars. Why can't you scan and save yourself all the stress?

1 Like

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by Conner44: 10:42am On Sep 10, 2022
inas911:

I believe this is electrical, one of your fuses is acting up. Get an electrician to check your main fusebox for issues or wrong/corroded wiring.

When I had this exact same issue I had to change my entire engine fuse box before I got rid of the problem.
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by demolagilbert: 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2022
For the umpteenth time, get a scanner that will guide you in diagnosis and repairs. You are just throwing a whole lot more money away than what it would take you to own a scanner. Chat me if interested @ 15k per unit http://.us/w/?c=ac7ed8

2 Likes

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
All this money wey you dey spend on-top your car,I hope say you don build house for village?
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by inas911(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2022
Conner44:

I believe this is electrical, one of your fuses is acting up. Get an electrician to check your main fusebox for issues or wrong/corroded wiring.

When I had this exact same issue I had to change my entire engine fuse box before I got rid of the problem.

Thanks so much
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by jahrule: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
Check if the your maf sensor is connected or the wire that that connected cojld be testes for continnuity test.
inas911:

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by boldx(m): 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2022
Are you in Abuja? I will help you with a free scan. Besides, I sell car diagnostic scanners if anyone wants to buy.
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by ManAdii: 6:36am On Sep 15, 2022
boldx:
Are you in Abuja? I will help you with a free scan. Besides, I sell car diagnostic scanners if anyone wants to buy.
How much is your scanner?
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by nonny1212: 8:22am On Sep 15, 2022
boldx:
scanner is how much?
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by boldx(m): 10:52am On Sep 15, 2022
ManAdii:

How much is your scanner?
N15,000
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by boldx(m): 10:53am On Sep 15, 2022
nonny1212:
scanner is how much?
N15,000
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by fckmn24seg(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
inas911:

If no check engine light then check the connections at the fuel pump where the fuel gauge and fuel pump are connected one of The pin that links to the main plug under the seat is not firm,
I mean from the main fuel pump assembly when removed at least on pin of the pin linking the main plug port is not right again in the plastic guide.

U will notice a brown burnt coloration there

This has happened to me, I have saved many other Honda Civic users from this anormaly

Check the arrow mark in d attached picture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by easytig(m): 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
I bought my bluetooth car scanner 4k somewhere in obanikoro and it tells me the condition of my engine , transmission and ECU ,once I connect it with my smart phone, it's working perfectly.

1 Like

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by easytig(m): 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
inas911:

Let's put It this way,your car has a brain box, which is a computer,whatever issue you have just simply diagnose it with a car scanner and commence treatment asap.doing remote diagnosis on nairaland is like doing self medication without test,gonna be a dead end.
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by AutoMoTech(m): 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
I am one who always preaches scanning before carrying out any fix.
But having worked on similar issues before, all the ones I fixed never came up with any code related to the issue.
@OP your problem is most likely electrical.
Problem area is usually around your fuse box, wiring or electrical components (fuses and relays).
Check all the fuses, clean them. First.
Also check your relays. Replace the main relays and fuses. If symptoms persist, you will need a competent auto electrician to help you diagnose the issue.
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by nonny1212: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
easytig:
I bought my bluetooth car scanner 4k somewhere in obanikoro and it tells me the condition of my engine , transmission and ECU ,once I connect it with my smart phone, it's working perfectly.
Wow.. kindly snap and upload so I can go and but mine tomorrow.

Other people might be interested too
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by inas911(m): 3:07am On Sep 17, 2022
AutoMoTech:
I am one who always preaches scanning before carrying out any fix.
But having worked on similar issues before, all the ones I fixed never came up with any code related to the issue.
@OP your problem is most likely electrical.
Problem area is usually around your fuse box, wiring or electrical components (fuses and relays).
Check all the fuses, clean them. First.
Also check your relays. Replace the main relays and fuses. If symptoms persist, you will need a competent auto electrician to help you diagnose the issue.

Well noted!
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by olumzzz(m): 7:17am On Sep 17, 2022
easytig:
Bros, 4k scanner dey scan transmission?

1 Like

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by boldx(m): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2022
If you need a scanner and you are in Abuja, call me. 08034533668

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by AutoMoTech(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2022
inas911:

Well noted!
Also when it goes off does start again immediately or it takes some time?
When it is goes off do all the lights on the dash light up or you notice some are off?
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by boldx(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
KINGBOLEN YA100 Car Code Reader OBD EOBD Auto Diagnostic Tool

Show the detailed description of the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTCs)
*Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), clears codes and resets monitors.
*Reads and displays live ECU/PCM data stream, plotting functions graphically and stores freeze frame data.
* Shows car battery voltage too
* and lots more...

Price: N15,000 (fixed)

Abuja residents only

Call/Whatsapp: 08034533668

Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by MedicH: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
My car suddenly stalled on the highway one night. I pulled out my scanner and saw 6 codes for each of my coils that all are malfunctioning. Car was cranking but not started. It however happened that there were lose wires under the fusebox which mech secured properly.
Re: My Civic Goes Off While Driving by Ezepikin: 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2023
fckmn24seg:

If no check engine light then check the connections at the fuel pump where the fuel gauge and fuel pump are connected one of The pin that links to the main plug under the seat is not firm,
I mean from the main fuel pump assembly when removed at least on pin of the pin linking the main plug port is not right again in the plastic guide.

U will notice a brown burnt coloration there

This has happened to me, I have saved many other Honda Civic users from this anormaly

Check the arrow mark in d attached picture

Bros, I'm having a similar problem same Honda Civic 2006. I'll try this out too. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. / What's The Mean Of MAINT REQ.D In Honda Car / Pls Help With Toyota Camry Orobo Transmission Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.