Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ (44880 Views)

Uju Anya Insults Jeff Bezos: Says "Otoro gba gbue Gi" / Carnegie Mellon University Reacts To Uju Anya's Tweet About Queen's Death / Jeff Bezos Slam Professor Uju Anya For Wishing Elizabeth An ‘Excruciating’ Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Kennyking1234: 1:44am On Sep 10, 2022
bergs2:

Oga the world has moved on since the 50s and 60s. We would blame the west if Asians and Australians were yet undeveloped; but no, they have moved on, yet Africa is still wailing.
Are we going to continue to live in the past while others have moved on already; are we going to keep blaming the British as if they are our "Chi", or we are not doing worse to ourselves than our "Colonialists"?

I think its high time Africa moved on.
This is 2022!
The queen is dead now!
Let's see whether we are gonna shift blame to the new king?
Australia is an extension of Europe.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by OLOKOESHIN: 2:23am On Sep 10, 2022
Sergio103:

I don't love somebody that made my ancestor see hell and is still causing the problem by the mirage unity she gave me with core northeners.

I only respect her!!
Northerners still rule your ansestors and they will still rule your offsprings until you guys embrace love and accept your current fate.

Tell your family to embrace love too

I won't read your mention

Sorry

I know truth go bring out the demon in you

1 Like

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Bridget95(f): 2:47am On Sep 10, 2022
naijapips04:
Imagine Trump tweeting that. If any conservative had tweeted that, they would have been deplatformed by now.

The mgbeke is in the USA servicing her slave masters. Africans sold their lands to these foreigners for alcohol and cigarettes. Africans were selling themselves as slaves way before they ever had any encounter with any European.

We are our own monsters.
She was talking about the support of the British government in the Nigerian civil war that brought death and displacement to innocent igbos not about colonialism .
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by bergs2: 2:47am On Sep 10, 2022
Kennyking1234:
Australia is an extension of Europe.

Who doesn't know; and should that be the reason we are still crying in 2022?
If nations like South Korea, India, Singapore, Brazil, Vietnam, even Bangladesh found a way out of the ugly past with limited natural resources and a harnessed human capital, Africa should do more since we are more advantaged both naturally and human resource wise; after all, our masters didn't finish our gold, diamond, crude oil and other resources patapata.
Let's rather that we hold ours more responsible by electing the reasonable ones and not these monsters we have now.
The post independent Africa is worse that the colonised Africa.
So one could conclusively see that Britain is not our problem.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Bridget95(f): 2:49am On Sep 10, 2022
OLOKOESHIN:

Northerners still rule your ansestors and they will still rule your offsprings until you guys embrace love and accept your current fate.

Tell your family to embrace love too

I won't read your mention

Sorry

I know truth go bring out the demon in you
what love should they embrace?so that their lands be taken and population islamicized?
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Kennyking1234: 2:52am On Sep 10, 2022
bergs2:

Who doesn't know; and should that be the reason we are still crying in 2022?
If nations like South Korea, India, Singapore, Brazil, Vietnam, even Bangladesh found a way out of the ugly past with limited natural resources and a harnessed human capital, Africa should do more since we are more advantaged both naturally and human resource wise; after all, our masters didn't finish our gold, diamond, crude oil and other resources patapata.
Let's rather that we hold ours more responsible by electing the reasonable ones and not these monsters we have now.
The post independent Africa is worse that the colonised Africa.
So one could conclusively see that Britain is not our problem.
i agree with you. But if a good African leader rise up he would be frustrated by the west. Look at gaddafi

1 Like

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by ademi87(m): 3:59am On Sep 10, 2022
Sergio103:
The message has been passed already.

That her single twit triggered many things from yesterday still counting
they are not denying it rather they are trying to condemn the diction in which she expressed what actually happened...... So many things that we don't know about our history, how can we be slaves to these people. How did our forefathers let their guard down so bad
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Kog45(m): 4:01am On Sep 10, 2022
Prof Uju tweet shouldn't have surfaced with Peter Obi gaining ground politically now,this type of tweet makes people to have a rethink due to our thoughts cos everything surrounded by tribalism.

So Uju expected British to support Biafra against Nigeria,not possible but big question what was the aim of Ojukwu and also remembering the coup that led to killing of Tafawa Balewa,Ahmadu Bello and Samuel Akintola and we have retaliation coup that led to Aguiyi Ironsi death and later civil war.

I think we need to forget the past and worked towards a better Nigeria,irrespective where we came from,2023 is crucial,so let's vote wisely.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by ademi87(m): 4:02am On Sep 10, 2022
inoki247:
I believe if I have beef with someone i will say it to the person's face....

And not wait till when he or she die before I come dey voice out when he or she can't hear nor reply me anymore Na Coward dey behave like that....
sometimes you have to choose ur battle wisely, I learnt that in boxing class
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Elbinawi: 4:12am On Sep 10, 2022
The largest massacre of the British Empire in Africa occured in #Kenya where more than 300,000 innocent civilians were brutally slaughtered by the British colonialists via six million bombs. Yes, they dropped six million bombs on the towns and villages of Kenya.

And the "Mau Mau" massacre happened in Kenya only six months after the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II after the death of her father King George.

The British colonialists created concentration camps where more than 1.5 million Kenyans were incarcerated. Monumental human rights violations took place there. Tens of thousands of people were tortured to death, women and girls raped and the dignity of humanity trampled upon.

The British genocidal criminals that led the "Mau Mau" massacre in Kenya are still celebrated in the UK establishment. Their carved status decorated the British landscape. They were Knighted by #QueenElizabeth.

Despite all this the filthy Black slave of the British imperialism and neocolonialism want me to "respect" the dead British Queen who has stolen gold and diamond on her crown! This will never happen!!!

#AbolishTheMonarchy

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by naijapips04: 4:39am On Sep 10, 2022
Bridget95:
She was talking about the support of the British government in the Nigerian civil war that brought death and displacement to innocent igbos not about colonialism .

So what about the countries that supported Biafra? Or were innocent Nigerians not killed?
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by inoki247: 4:54am On Sep 10, 2022
ademi87:
sometimes you have to choose ur battle wisely, I learnt that in boxing class

So in your boxing class you're tought to fight who's defenseless....

Who can't throw a punch back when you throw a punch at the person...
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Oluwaseunomo: 5:40am On Sep 10, 2022
All this rant because of biafra people that died like animals

1 Like

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Oluwaseunomo: 5:46am On Sep 10, 2022
Fortruth:

What is pathetic? You people are so fear fear…. Happy to live under the false illusion of inclusion that OYIBO have given you.

Are you happy your “president” has to go to the UK when he has stomach cramps?

Are you happy that NFF has to hire OYIBO coach and pay them millions to just lose in Quaterfinals to smaller nations?

Are you happy Bandits (Fulani terrorist) attacked a train and till date are collecting ransom?

If you are a Black are you an African or a NIGGER?

Think
We're tired but we're more tired of you flat head constituting nuisance everywhere
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by okunwaye(m): 5:49am On Sep 10, 2022
ASAPFERG:
Pathetic igbo people.. I wish more of them were killed so that we won't have this nuisance of a people today angry
Aponja pig angry
you and your follow algae gruzullers will be wipe off from the surface of the earth.

The fulanis have already start the job.

Owo massacre is an example grin
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Kingstanding: 5:58am On Sep 10, 2022
Kingstanding:
. She is from useless tribe. A tribe that wake up their parents by kick. If Igbo think that they can be president of Nigeria it mean that most of them are fool. If they mistakenly got power they will use their stubbornness to destroy Nigeria.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Arielle: 6:09am On Sep 10, 2022
Last I heard, the Queen's position is ceremonial. She did not make any actual decisions and she was always apolitical. Why did you people not go after the prime ministers who actually make and implement decisions? Why didn't y'all drag Harold Wilson? And what about your Nigerian rulers? Abi una dey fear those ones? Why go after an elderly woman (after she has died), who served and sacrificed all for her country, something no Nigerian ruler has ever done, will ever do and can ever do? And in such a vile and uncouth manner. Your professor is sitting in America, a country some would call the biggest imperialist and nationalist in the world. Why can't she come and live in Biafraland and try to right the wrongs of the past, if she feels it that much? I am no fan of the monarchy and I detest imperialism, aided and abetted by Africans themselves, I might add. But this behaviour is wrong, no matter who it is directed at. I admired the Queen as a personage and until I see evidence to prove me wrong, that still stands.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by thatkindthing: 6:36am On Sep 10, 2022
Skyfornia:
I was indifferent when I first saw her tweet but with further highlights from many people around the world.. I celebrate Uju Anya. She is indeed a voice among many voiceless.. the world need more people like her. With this her little effort, she has made her mark in history.
well said, very well said.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by naijaman2225(m): 6:46am On Sep 10, 2022
Winters23:
grin

free speech in the mud

democracy and free speech is wonderful only when it suites them

grin
THIS IS NOT FREE SPEECH. THIS IS HATE SPEECH. IF A WHITE PROFESSOR HAD TWEETED THAT ABOUT AN AFRICAN/BLACK LEADER, YOU WOULD BE TEARING YOUR HAIR OVER 'RACISM'.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Alpharey: 6:57am On Sep 10, 2022
[quote author=naijapips04 post=116512221]Imagine Trump tweeting that. If any conservative had tweeted that, they would have been deplatformed by now.

The mgbeke is in the USA servicing her slave masters. Africans sold their lands to these foreigners for alcohol and cigarettes. Africans were selling themselves as slaves way before they ever had any encounter with any European. And you are here selling Uju. Maybe you could have done worse than your ancestors
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Igboslayer: 7:27am On Sep 10, 2022
Sergio103:

I don't love somebody that made my ancestor see hell and is still causing the problem by the mirage unity she gave me with core northeners.

I only respect her!!
Your ancestors couldn't live with others and took up arms against a sovereign state. That's indiscretion of the highest order. Hope you have learnt from them because when we finally give you your Biafra, we will not accept refugees.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Igboslayer: 7:35am On Sep 10, 2022
naijapips04:

So what about the countries that supported Biafra? Or were innocent Nigerians not killed?
Help me ask the mofffo. Because she help deny them of victory due to their ancestors stupidity, she is now their enemy and yet they can't confront her while alive, they now have mouth when she's no more, bunch of lazy idiots. She accommodated Nnamdi Kanu foolishness until Kenya help us delivered him... So they have animosity against Kenya too... Group of people wey no well.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by TrueNigerian300: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2022
Neddstark:
Igbos are Africa's ambassadors of hate. No wonder on Nairaland, they are tagged "children of hate". They hate anyone, tribe or race that stands in their way. Good the world is seeing them for what they are.

Very hateful set of people and they display this hatred everywhere they go

1 Like

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Mikael0407(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2022
naijapips04:
Imagine Trump tweeting that. If any conservative had tweeted that, they would have been deplatformed by now.

The mgbeke is in the USA servicing her slave masters. Africans sold their lands to these foreigners for alcohol and cigarettes. Africans were selling themselves as slaves way before they ever had any encounter with any European.

We are our own monsters.

You know nothing
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by TrueNigerian300: 7:46am On Sep 10, 2022
jagorinho:
You went to a war unprepared, what do you expect?
Ojukwu was boasting he would decimate the federal forces.
Both sides were supported by external
forces
Both sides committed atrocities during the war
But our " blodas " refused to move on....the loss of the war has an everlasting inprint on the Igbo nation.

They boast when they are getting it right, but immediately they are on the wrong path, they remind you they started with 2pounds after the war....they always want to win on both sides.

Exhibition of false superiority complex when things are fine and an insanely disturbing victim mentality when things are not cool is the bane of an igbo man

.......Never go into war you are not ready for, Ojukwu was returning federal bullets with his people's bodies.

Wow...you just said everything about these people in a very concise form. You know them better than no one.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by VULCAN(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2022
You sound mentally lazy if this is what you call making a mark in history.

Landing on the moon was making a mark in history.

Discovering penicillin was making a mark in history

Creating the internet was making a mark in history

The development and deployment of the atom bomb was making a mark in history

Rosa Parks refusing to go to the back of the bus was making a mark in history

Maradona dribbling almost an entire football team and scoring was making a mark in history

So how dare you call wishing a 96 yr old woman dies painfully making a mark in history.

What effort did it take to display such hatred?

She is no different from the racists of the KKK!

Skyfornia:
I was indifferent when I first saw her tweet but with further highlights from many people around the world.. I celebrate Uju Anya. She is indeed a voice among many voiceless.. the world need more people like her. With this her little effort, she has made her mark in history.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Christian36: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2022
frog12:
that woman JOB don go. they go SACK her grin grin grin
Lol, sack who? Have you ever seen a professor looking for job? What she said is the fact. That woman was wicked to Africa and to her family. She and the then pm ensured that Mandela and other freedom fighters in Africa were properly punished, some were executed under her watch.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Neddstark: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2022
princechina:

Why stand on their way? Are u enemy of progress?

Progress indeed that Ogun state is more developed than the entire south east
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by Emyogalanya: 8:16am On Sep 10, 2022
naijapips04:

We are our own monsters.
all peoples were involved in local slave trade. Even europeans, asians americans etc all sold each other locally . They only turned to africa when they had shortages from their local markets. Its not an african thing
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by VirileNelly2420: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2022
inoki247:
I believe if I have beef with someone i will say it to the person's face....

And not wait till when he or she die before I come dey voice out when he or she can't hear nor reply me anymore Na Coward dey behave like that....
She said it wen she was still breathing.

Meanwhile, some messages, even wen said to d dead, are meant for the living.
Re: Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ by naijapips04: 8:23am On Sep 10, 2022
Emyogalanya:
all peoples were involved in local slave trade. Even europeans, asians americans etc all sold each other locally . They only turned to africa when they had shortages from their local markets. Its not an african thing

It's not an European thing either. So stop making it seem like it is. Infact the slaves were being sold to the Europeans by Africans

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Biden Appears To Fall Asleep During COP26 Summit In U.K (Pics, Video) / Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Zambian Entourage Of 25 Travel To US To Receive Four Fire Trucks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.